Home Based SE 11 (Squad)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Home Based SE 11 (Squad)

Post by olu »

Who would make your final 11 or squad of 23 from the NPFL if you were drawing up a homebased SE team? Please list players with their clubs and position.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Home Based SE 11 (Squad)

Post by olu »

Here are a few choices:

Iwuala Anayo (Left winger) - Enyimba
Austin Oladapo (CM) - Enyimba
John Nobble (GK) - Enyimba
Vincent Edafe (GK) - Dakkada FC
Adekunle Adeleke (defender) - Abia Warriors: He's on the standby list for the 2 CAN qualifiers
Last edited by olu on Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

great thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

olu wrote:Who would make your final 11 or squad of 23 from the NPFL if you were drawing up a homebased SE team? Please list players with their clubs and position.
Ndifreke Effiong (22 y/o RB/CM/FW - Akwa United) - Mr Versatile himself! For Siasia's U23's he played as a full back & was capped by Rohr in that same position vs Egypt. While for Imama's side he played as a CM & was one of the better players for that side. In the league he plays as a forward and has scored 60 goals over the past 8 seasons

Auwalu Ali Mallam (19 y/o LW - Kano Pillars) - It was a big surprise he wasn't called up to our most recent U20 side after the season he had last year (which was cut short due to COVID) scoring 11 goals in 23 games, he has arguably been the best U20 player in the league so far, taking some of the creative burden on captain Rabiu Ali, he has 6 assists so far in the league.

Anayo Iwuala - (21 y/o LW - Enyimba) - Signed after two seasons in the NPFL, his stats weren't too impressive to say the least, but he caught my attention last season making cameos off the bench for Enyimba on the continent, I saw an explosive and deceptively strong dribbler who just needed to work on his end product. And this season he has improved in especially creating chances, but his finishing is still pretty poor.

Austin Oladapo (25 y/o CM - Enyimba) - Probably the best CM in the league on a technical and tactical level, can do anything in midfield and has built a reputation for scoring goals from outside the box
Cyril Olisema 25 y/o AM - Enyimba) - In his first season with Enyimba last season he was one their outstanding players both in the league and continent, he's not be a goal threat like Oladapo, he was their main creative hub and ended the season with 13 assists.
Godwin Aguda (23 y/0 AM - Rivers United) - The former Rangers man is one of the reasons Rivers got so close to qualifying for the group stages of the confederations cup scoring 5 goals in 5 games plus 3 in the league so far, he knows how to find the net.

There are a couple more I can mention, but probably at a later time.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Nice. Thanks for the info on the players. That was a lovely team goal by Enyimba.
Sunset wrote:
olu wrote:Who would make your final 11 or squad of 23 from the NPFL if you were drawing up a homebased SE team? Please list players with their clubs and position.
Ndifreke Effiong (22 y/o RB/CM/FW - Akwa United) - Mr Versatile himself! For Siasia's U23's he played as a full back & was capped by Rohr in that same position vs Egypt. While for Imama's side he played as a CM & was one of the better players for that side. In the league he plays as a forward and has scored 60 goals over the past 8 seasons

Auwalu Ali Mallam (19 y/o LW - Kano Pillars) - It was a big surprise he wasn't called up to our most recent U20 side after the season he had last year (which was cut short due to COVID) scoring 11 goals in 23 games, he has arguably been the best U20 player in the league so far, taking some of the creative burden on captain Rabiu Ali, he has 6 assists so far in the league.

Anayo Iwuala - (21 y/o LW - Enyimba) - Signed after two seasons in the NPFL, his stats weren't too impressive to say the least, but he caught my attention last season making cameos off the bench for Enyimba on the continent, I saw an explosive and deceptively strong dribbler who just needed to work on his end product. And this season he has improved in especially creating chances, but his finishing is still pretty poor.

Austin Oladapo (25 y/o CM - Enyimba) - Probably the best CM in the league on a technical and tactical level, can do anything in midfield and has built a reputation for scoring goals from outside the box
Cyril Olisema 25 y/o AM - Enyimba) - In his first season with Enyimba last season he was one their outstanding players both in the league and continent, he's not be a goal threat like Oladapo, he was their main creative hub and ended the season with 13 assists.
Godwin Aguda (23 y/0 AM - Rivers United) - The former Rangers man is one of the reasons Rivers got so close to qualifying for the group stages of the confederations cup scoring 5 goals in 5 games plus 3 in the league so far, he knows how to find the net.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

olu wrote:Here are a few choices:

Iwuala Anayo (Left winger) - Enyimba
Austin Oladapo (CM) - Enyimba
John Nobble (GK) - Enyimba
Vincent Edafe (GK) - Dakkada FC
Adekunle Adeleke (defender) - Abia Warriors: He's on the standby list for the 2 CAN qualifiers

Edafe isn't at Dakkada this season. He transferred to Abia Warriors where he's the number two goalkeeper behind Olorunleke Ojo.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

olu wrote:Nice. Thanks for the info on the players. That was a lovely team goal by Enyimba.
Sunset wrote:

Ndifreke Effiong and Austin Oladapo are the players that you'd build the CHAN Eagles midfield around. Our CHAN teams have really struggled in recent years with the stop-start nature of the league, as well as overall neglect from the NFF. Hopefully the momentum of the current season can be sustained and built upon by the LMC, but we've seen this movie before.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Rivers United first team.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote:great thread
:thumb: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I like the look of Austin Oladapo, dude packs a bullet in those legs... instead of killing ourselves over very average foreign born players who keep turning Bi-polar on us, we can easily unearth few decent players in the NPFL to augment our team. See how Anayo is the man of the moment and deservedly so. This is a great thread!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

We are not killing ourselves over foreign born talent. For the most part, the foreign born players invited have been deserving of their invitations.

We can do both. Invite foreign born players and NPFL players.
Tobi17 wrote:I like the look of Austin Oladapo, dude packs a bullet in those legs... instead of killing ourselves over very average foreign born players who keep turning Bi-polar on us, we can easily unearth few decent players in the NPFL to augment our team. See how Anayo is the man of the moment and deservedly so. This is a great thread!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:I like the look of Austin Oladapo, dude packs a bullet in those legs... instead of killing ourselves over very average foreign born players who keep turning Bi-polar on us, we can easily unearth few decent players in the NPFL to augment our team. See how Anayo is the man of the moment and deservedly so. This is a great thread!
He looks like a decent player.
I am happy
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Cyril Olisema looks like a good prospect.