Siaisia ban reduced to 5years as against Life ban

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chuks69
Egg
Egg
Siaisia ban reduced to 5years as against Life ban

Post by chuks69 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/57552593
Former Nigeria coach Samson Siasia's life-ban from football for bribery has been reduced to five years by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas).

The 53-year-old was initially sanctioned in 2019 by Fifa for agreeing to "receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches."

Siasia appealed against the ban with football's governing body and Cas as he denied the charges against him.

Cas "determined the imposition of a life ban to be disproportionate for a first offence which was committed passively and which had not had an adverse or immediate effect on football stakeholders, and that a five-year ban would still achieve the envisaged aim of punishing the infringement committed by Mr Siasia."

The ban has been backdated to start on 16 August 2019 as the court explained the background to the case.

"In 2010, a match fixer tried to involve Mr Siasia as a coach of a club under his strict instructions," Cas revealed.

"With the promise of employment benefits, Mr Siasia would have had to always field several players under the control of the match fixer.

"The negotiations between the match fixer and Mr Siasia in relation to the conditions of employment were conducted by email over a period of two months.

"Eventually, the club did not accept or could not afford Mr Siasia's requests and the negotiations ended."

The court also cancelled a fine of CHF 50,000 (US$50,000) that had also been part of the sanctions imposed by Fifa.

"(Cas) acknowledged the need for sanctions to be sufficiently high enough to eradicate bribery and especially match-fixing in football.

"However, the Panel considered in the particular circumstances of this matter that it would be inappropriate and excessive to impose a financial sanction in addition to the five-year ban, since the ban sanction already incorporated a financial punishment in eliminating football as a source of revenue for Mr Siasia.

"And considering that Mr Siasia had not obtained any gain or pecuniary benefit from his unethical behaviour."

A former international, Siasia won the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria and played in their maiden World Cup appearance later that same year. He played over 50 times for his country while scoring 16 goals.

As a coach he led his country's under-20 and under-23 sides to continental success in 2005 and 2015 respectively.

He also guided the under-20's to a runners-up finish at the 2005 World Youth Championships (as it was known at the time) in the Netherlands.

Siasia is the most decorated African football coach at the Olympics, winning silver at the Beijing Games in 2008 and bronze at the 2016 Games in Rio.
afc##
chuks69
Egg
Egg
Re: Siaisia ban reduced to 5years as against Life ban

Post by chuks69 »

The dude has fallen under the hammer twice in his football career.. First as U20 player, age group, now this one..
afc##
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So the match fixer basically rated on him after getting caught :rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

trying to bring the black man down. i call full racism here. Siasia is innocent
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I don’t see a crime here. Perhaps, they haven’t provided enough details that would allow me to understand what the crime was❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nobody banned Sam Allardyce, dude just finished relegating WestBrom
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:30 pm I don’t see a crime here. Perhaps, they haven’t provided enough details that would allow me to understand what the crime was❗️

Cheers.

Agreeing to field players under the control of a match fixer in exchange for a job at the match fixer's club is bribery. Bribery is a crime according to FIFA. Other higher profile FIFA officials have been punished for taking bribes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:42 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:30 pm I don’t see a crime here. Perhaps, they haven’t provided enough details that would allow me to understand what the crime was❗️

Cheers.

Agreeing to field players under the control of a match fixer in exchange for a job at the match fixer's club is bribery. Bribery is a crime according to FIFA. Other higher profile FIFA officials have been punished for taking bribes.
do you have proof? You can be flogged for false info
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:34 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:42 pm

Cheers.

do you have proof? You can be flogged for false info
You can't read? Isn't that what the article said?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So that is your proof? You really do need some serious mopo flogging. Back in the days we flogged people like you in doddan barracks
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:37 am So that is your proof? You really do need some serious mopo flogging. Back in the days we flogged people like you in doddan barracks
Are the emails not enough proof?

When the police apprehend a would-be be assassin using an informer, the person is guilty even if they hadn’t carried out the assassination. That’s the law.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:37 am So that is your proof? You really do need some serious mopo flogging. Back in the days we flogged people like you in doddan barracks
It is attitudes like yours that got us as a nation to where we are now.

Lower levels of accountability for one’s actions.
Encouraging unethical or outright fraudulent behavior by failing to act when ‘our people’ are concerned, shouting ‘tribalism’ at every turn.
Downplaying the severity of what, in many an advanced society would be totally unacceptable;
“After all, how much did he steal?”
“After all, nobody died”
“After all, people are doing ten times worse”

If you like, convince yourself it was all racism, he did nothing wrong, wait for FIFA to send the “proof” to your personal inbox at [email protected] and use whataboutism to deflect from the core issue.

Bottom line is he was part of a business negotiation which he knew at the time was fraudulent.
He was found guilty, appealed and the arbitration panel rightly tailored down his punishment to fit the crime.

We’ll see him back in about three years, hopefully.
This is a lesson for him and all others.
Finish.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Siasia is lucky to have 5 years. He will be back again
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:25 am

Encouraging unethical or outright fraudulent behavior by failing to act when ‘our people’ are concerned, shouting ‘tribalism’ at every turn.
Downplaying the severity of what, in many an advanced society would be totally unacceptable;
“After all, nobody died”

If you like, convince yourself it was all racism, he did nothing wrong, wait for FIFA to send the “proof” to your personal inbox at [email protected] and use whataboutism to deflect from the core issue.

Bottom line is he was part of a business negotiation which he knew at the time was fraudulent.
He was found guilty, appealed and the arbitration panel rightly tailored down his punishment to fit the crime.

Finish.
I am actually surprised you know how to use the new forum. You are strange going gaga, accusing me of something you have zero idea about
Maybe that's your experience in life, so you project such .

Once again Siasia was punished for being a black man accused of such. We didn't hear a word from you when your white massa were all over cheating and bribing all the way. Fifa the corrupt king has the audacity. Do you want me to list all their fraudulent acts here. Trust fake Nigerians like you to overreact
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:55 pm

“After all, nobody died”

Finish.
I am actually surprised you know how to use the new forum. You are strange going gaga, accusing me of something you have zero idea about

Once again Siasia was punished for being a black man accused of such. We didn't hear a word from you when your white massa were all over cheating and bribing all the way. Fifa the corrupt king has the audacity. Do you want me to list all their fraudulent acts here. Trust fake Nigerians like you to overreact
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“After all, nobody died”

Finish.

Once again Siasia was punished for being a black man accused of such. We didn't hear a word from you when your white massa were all over cheating and bribing all the way. Fifa the corrupt king has the audacity. Do you want me to lost all their fraudulent acts here. Trust fake Nigerians like you to overreact
Your critical thinking skils are playing up again.
If we check, I wont be shocked if you were one of those defending Sepp Blatter when he was being put through the ringer back then for his corruption.

Go and check my position on CE
I don't bend with the direction the wind is blowing.
Stick to principles and you can't go wrong.

Like I said, you can blame it all on racism if you choose to. :rotf:
That's probably your excuse for being stuck in front of your home screen aiming to hit 100k CE posts as your life goal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Once again Damunk, let us focus on this fake accusation towards SSS. They claim he was to field in players for some dude so he can get a gig as a manager for that same dude's club. Not once was this club listed. As i said we know FIFA is corrupt we know Michelle Platini etc were all caught. Now you go around using emails as proof. let us be real for once. Who were these players , what is the name of the club etc. I Know racism when i see one. Sam Alladyce did the below and we saw it . Not once did we see any video or audio of SSS

you damunk live in England and this is what you people do. however you sit in your living room and say Nigeria this and that ... when you are drinking your coffee , you turn a blind eye. One day I will sit you down and force reasons into your head( my goodness you sound like a trump supporter )

So all of a sudden from a life ban they chose to reduce it to 5 years. You need to apply yourself and question why was the ban reduced to 5 years. Your bosses at FIFA are super corrupt
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

“After all, nobody died”

Finish.

Wow. Dude got caught for plotting to do something against the laws of the game he loves. Why is this a race issue? The moral stance of some this site scare the hell out of me. There is so much we take as a group due to racism but plotting bribery and getting caught is not on my list
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:54 pm

“After all, nobody died”

Finish.

Wow. Dude got caught for plotting to do something against the laws of the game he loves. Why is this a race issue? The moral stance of some this site scare the hell out of me. There is so much we take as a group due to racism but plotting bribery and getting caught is not on my list
Did SSS fix any match? this is all racism fact, listen to Uncle Segun
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“After all, nobody died”

Finish.

BigStalkey247 doesn’t operate on principles.
That’s why he is constantly being told to grow up.

His is a case of arrested development.
He and his fellow simpletons will tell you that you have identity issues because you don’t side with a black man found guilty of whatever it might be by a white man.

Now that’s truly deep :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:48 pm Once again Damunk, let us focus on this fake accusation towards SSS. They claim he was to field in players for some dude so he can get a gig as a manager for that same dude's club. Not once was this club listed. As i said we know FIFA is corrupt we know Michelle Platini etc were all caught. Now you go around using emails as proof. let us be real for once. Who were these players , what is the name of the club etc. I Know racism when i see one. Sam Alladyce did the below and we saw it . Not once did we see any video or audio of SSS

you damunk live in England and this is what you people do. however you sit in your living room and say Nigeria this and that ... when you are drinking your coffee , you turn a blind eye. One day I will sit you down and force reasons into your head( my goodness you sound like a trump supporter )

So all of a sudden from a life ban they chose to reduce it to 5 years. You need to apply yourself and question why was the ban reduced to 5 years. Your bosses at FIFA are super corrupt
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Why wasn’t it reduced to zero?
I guess the wording of the verdict was a little too complex for you to grasp.
Let me help you. It was reduced to 5 years because he was totally innocent of all charges and the racist CAS wanted to look good.
Happy now? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:07 pm

“After all, nobody died”

Finish.

Did SSS fix any match? this is all racism fact, listen to Uncle Segun
May be Big Sam had better lawyers not because he is white. Did you help SS get the money he needed? Why should my moral compass be based on what Uncle Segun says because he is God?