Nigeria v KSA. Starting lineup and game thread

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria v KSA. Starting lineup and game thread

Post by vancity eagle »

Uzoho
Ebuehi
Bassey
Ajayi
Bruno
Ndidi
Iwobi
Lookman
Chukwueze
Boniface
Osimehn
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v KSA. Starting lineup and game thread

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:29 pm Uzoho
Ebuehi
Bassey
Ajayi
Bruno
Ndidi
Iwobi
Lookman
Chukwueze
Boniface
Osimehn
VE

Why look for trouble? Did you get permission before opening a game thread???? :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

prediction

1:2
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Iwobi is gonna have to work his cotton socks off. But this is the line up most Nigerian want to see. It won’t win you the Afcon but it’ll be exciting to watch.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:31 pm
Ebuehi
Bassey
Ajayi
Bruno
Ndidi
Iwobi
Lookman
Chukwueze
Boniface
Osimehn
VE

Why look for trouble? Did you get permission before opening a game thread???? :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

waka-man wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:39 pm Iwobi is gonna have to work his cotton socks off. But this is the line up most Nigerian want to see. It won’t win you the Afcon but it’ll be exciting to watch.
Yea, but he always does. Ndidi will be thankful that he is there instead of someone else that drifts unconscionably forward all the time.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lookman has a high work rate too. Ajayi is the weaker link
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Really amazing how Ajayi has taken pole position as Bassey’s partner.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:48 pm Lookman has a high work rate too. Ajayi is the weaker link
We all think that he is. .....However, in an SE shirt he is by some distance the most assured Center back in SE games thus far. Ask yourself, who has been more consistent in an SE shirt? that should tell you something about the state of Nigeria's center defense.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Isn't this the same 424 we used to yab Siasia for? It makes no sense.
I'd bench Lookman and start a MF.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Saudi go chop koboko today. I see a 3-0 or 4-1 for the SE.

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ebuehi
Bassey
Ajayi
Bruno
Ndidi
Iwobi
Lookman
Chukwueze
Boniface
Osimehn
4-2-4

Peseiro no well.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:24 pm
Ebuehi
Bassey
Ajayi
Bruno
Ndidi
Iwobi
Lookman
Chukwueze
Boniface
Osimehn
4-2-4

Peseiro no well.
It’s 4-2-4 but here’s the real problem… It’s gonna work today. And then we’ll all hail the mighty Peseiro. But it’s not gonna work at Afcon. No way.

Today, I think the firepower will attract too much respect from Mancini and the Saudi’s and they’ll probably get over-run. But we ain’t gonna be over-running Afcon teams.

If we want to get Osimhen and Boniface in the same side, we’re gonna have to get more men in the middle even if that means sacrificing some attacking width.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

What time is the match please.
And who carrying the international broadcast?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

joao wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:34 pm What time is the match please.
In 23mins no matter where you are, my time doesn’t matter. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

joao wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:34 pm What time is the match please.
Kick off is in 20mins
Peter Obi For President 2023
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Saudis are a decent side. I doubt they will ne 'run over'
waka-man wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:30 pm
Ebuehi
Bassey
Ajayi
Bruno
Ndidi
Iwobi
Lookman
Chukwueze
Boniface
Osimehn
4-2-4

Peseiro no well.
It’s 4-2-4 but here’s the real problem… It’s gonna work today. And then we’ll all hail the mighty Peseiro. But it’s not gonna work at Afcon. No way.

Today, I think the firepower will attract too much respect from Mancini and the Saudi’s and they’ll probably get over-run. But we ain’t gonna be over-running Afcon teams.

If we want to get Osimhen and Boniface in the same side, we’re gonna have to get more men in the middle even if that means sacrificing some attacking width.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ebuehi
Bassey
Ajayi
Bruno
Ndidi
Iwobi
Lookman
Chukwueze
Boniface
Osimehn
4-2-4

Peseiro no well.

It’s CE. They never learn anything. The same people praising 424 will be the same calling for a new coach before Afcon ends.
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

YUJAM wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:45 pm The Saudis are a decent side. I doubt they will ne 'run over'
Ebuehi
Bassey
Ajayi
Bruno
Ndidi
Iwobi
Lookman
Chukwueze
Boniface
Osimehn
4-2-4

Peseiro no well.

They are decent. But that’s a lot of firepower to content with. It’ll be a lot to handle. My suspicion is they’ll have more possession, but won’t cope with the power.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:08 pm Isn't this the same 424 we used to yab Siasia for? It makes no sense.
I'd bench Lookman and start a MF.

two things, what am I missing, how did you all come up with 4-2-4, I see more like 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 based on the list of players.
Secondly, what do you specifically have against Lookman?
Lookman is legit, good work rate, solid dribbling skill and can score goals.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Looks like Lookman has taken Simon's place in the starting lineup. Lets see how he performs today.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Man dey look for link una dey hia dey tok formation for match wet you no see
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Looks like an all-Brazilian officiating crew.

Wha choo looking at?!