Nigeria will be banking on these 3 key players...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Nigeria will be banking on these 3 key players...

Post by Tobi17 »

If they hope to make it out of the group stage and go far in the AFCON tournament:

Victor Osimhen
Kelechi Iheanacho
Alex Iwobi
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria will be banking on these 3 key players...

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If you bank on Iwobi you’ll go bankrupt. :laugh: I’m banking on the hard workers.

1, Vic- For the goals.
2, Onyeaka - if SE do well it’ll be because he’s holding the MF down and putting in top performances.
3, Omeruo- He’s the old soldier in defense and must lead the defense.
4, Onyedika/Yusuf - whoever gets a chance must work extremely hard and make 0 mistakes.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:08 pm If you bank on Iwobi you’ll go bankrupt. :laugh: I’m banking on the hard workers.

1, Vic- For the goals.
2, Onyeaka - if SE do well it’ll be because he’s holding the MF down and putting in top performances.
4, Onyedika/Yusuf - whoever gets a chance must work extremely hard and make 0 mistakes.
Iheanacho remains our best finisher though, if you want to count on that super sub to bail you out when chasing a game then senior man is that guy for you...all he needs is that space in the opponents 18 yrd half and it's a wrap.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:16 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:08 pm If you bank on Iwobi you’ll go bankrupt. :laugh: I’m banking on the hard workers.

1, Vic- For the goals.
Iheanacho remains our best finisher though, if you want to count on that super sub to bail you out when chasing a game then senior man is that guy for you...all he needs is that space in the opponents 18 yrd half and it's a wrap.
I hope so o.
Nacho brings up mixed feelings, good and bad.
But if he can deliver….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:41 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:16 pm

1, Vic- For the goals.
I hope so o.
Nacho brings up mixed feelings, good and bad.
But if he can deliver….
An unfit Kelly is not a good sight, I really hope he doesn’t stink it up like he did at 2018 WC when he was previously taken and used unfit vs Argentina…Kai he was slow to everything and even more lazy than normal losing the ball way too often…I had hoped he would have been replaced in the list honestly, so his haters won’t have more to feed on and build their case 🤓

https://247ureports.com/2018/06/world-c ... argentina/
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:47 pm If they hope to make it out of the group stage and go far in the AFCON tournament:

Victor Osimhen
Kelechi Iheanacho
Alex Iwobi
Victor Osimhen!

That's the list.

Unfortunately, he can't also play goalie.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Onyeka will have a great tournament. Under-rated player. Modern presser. I just hope we don’t ask him to be DM. He needs to be higher up field winning balls back and feeding the front 3.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:32 pm Onyeka will have a great tournament. Under-rated player. Modern presser. I just hope we don’t ask him to be DM. He needs to be higher up field winning balls back and feeding the front 3.
Onyeka's passing is his weakest point.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:16 pm
waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:32 pm Onyeka will have a great tournament. Under-rated player. Modern presser. I just hope we don’t ask him to be DM. He needs to be higher up field winning balls back and feeding the front 3.
Onyeka's passing is his weakest point.
The thing weak die! He can’t make cross field passes, it’s kinda shocking for a modern EPL level midfielder. He’s just going to keep it short and simple because of his limited passing range.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

To get the most out of them, Iwobi must be played directly behind Osimhen to feed him passes. Iwobi can also drift out wide sometimes to send in killer balls for Osimhen to finish. Iheanacho should be brought on as a sub and told to just hang around the penalty area, and scavenge off loose balls. He can pass to Victor, Iwobi, or finish them himself.

Wha choo looking at?!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:11 pm To get the most out of them, Iwobi must be played directly behind Osimhen to feed him passes. Iwobi can also drift out wide sometimes to send in killer balls for Osimhen to finish. Iheanacho should be brought on as a sub and told to just hang around the penalty area, and scavenge off loose balls. He can pass to Victor, Iwobi, or finish them himself.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Anyone who banks on Osimhen is a f00l. He is not a big game player.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bushboy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:31 pm Anyone who banks on Osimhen is a f00l. He is not a big game player.
Demon. Look your bushmen, they’re all either injured or not performing. Stop putting curses on young people.
OCCUPY NFF!!
NigerianDiamond
Egg
Egg

Post by NigerianDiamond »

Lookman is likely going to be the "Victor Moses" of this team. Many are not focusing on him but I see him taking the bull by the horn and shinning through the tournament.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So this will be Osimehn's first international tournament at full men's level.

Given his past record of injuring himself, especially while playing for SE, unfortunately I just cannot see him not getting injured.

I just don't see him playing 5 or 6 matches for SE without copping an injury.

I expect him to be out of the tournament by the end of the first round.

I hope I am wrong but........

Something about the way he plays he always gets injured.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:31 am So this will be Osimehn's first international tournament at full men's level.

Given his past record of injuring himself, especially while playing for SE, unfortunately I just cannot see him not getting injured.

Never mind about being wrong about Osimhen. You are just plain wrong with your entire life🤔❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:01 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:31 am So this will be Osimehn's first international tournament at full men's level.

Never mind about being wrong about Osimhen. You are just plain wrong with your entire life🤔❗️

Cheers.
I agree about VE, but he does bring up a good point, great players know how to grow into a tournament and give only the effort required to get the necessary result in the early phases. They know to pace themselves so they have enough left in the tank for the later stages. That said with Vic’s experience from youth tournaments I’m hoping he will be able to do just that and save some of his legs for later stages. That depends a lot on our situation and our coaches making sensible subs to preserve important players.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:33 pm
bushboy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:31 pm Anyone who banks on Osimhen is a f00l. He is not a big game player.
Demon. Look your bushmen, they’re all either injured or not performing. Stop putting curses on young people.
On this, Bushboy was doing us a huge favour and should be comnended :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *