Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Post by ANC »

ohsee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:17 pm
cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 pm The costly players that lost it for Nigeria today

Aina
Bassey
Zaidu
Iwobi
Chief, you forgot Chukwueze who must have gotten an unnoticed red card because he was totally absent from the game.
:rotf: :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:25 pm Ekong player of the tournament. :thumb: What a boss!!
He certainly did very well in this tournament. Special thanks to him and his boys.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Odas wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:39 pm
metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:25 pm Ekong player of the tournament. :thumb: What a boss!!
He certainly did very well in this tournament. Special thanks to him and his boys.
Master Odas, how bodi today?
naija do well.
Naija was robbed
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller 2H

Post by tolahs »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:19 pm
tolahs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:01 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm Osimhen no be am. 7 games. 1 goal. Smh.
When conversations are held for the true GOATs of Nigerian football, Osimhen will have quotation marks to his inclusion...for a supposed world class striker he sure ain't no Drogba whom he idolized, very weak mentality and just poor all around.
Messi didn't win with Argentina for a long time cos of how the team was set up; You forget how long the Drogba & Yaya generation took to win the AFCON.
Victor was doing too much work - as Ekoku said, if you keep launching balls to him, he'll get fatigued fast.
Go watch the tape of this game where we were back in our box permanently defending with 8-9 men - Victor was left alone with 3-4 defenders - our midfielders & wide forwards 40 metres away. No striker looks good in those conditions.
Fair enough, but do you think if he had a chance in this game he would score it. Like be totally honest…He’s an enigma, a hard worker, but the fine points that a striker needs to have he severely lacks. He’s had poor to no training from youth level based on how he came up so I don’t blame him, but there was a period when he was at Lille where I thought he had added that aspect to his game on top of all his hard working off the ball ability. But in this tournament we ended up making the same excuses we made for Awoniyi in the last edition. Which should never be the case for an APOY. Honestly for all his graft in this kind of game we needed more skill, ability, positioning, forward play and cunning play. Which is not something you would get from Vic…Boniface injury robbed us of such a player…but it’s all good…
Victor's an elite striker, the way we utilised him was regressive.He puts in a shift like a steeplechaser & we expect him to score with dynamism. From the 1st game, i have been saying that. the spaces between him & Iwobi, the wide forwards was frequently too much. Bad for link up football.
Comparing a golden boot Serie A winner to a Notts Forester is ridiculous. i was watching the highlights last week of WC'98 Spain V SE - Yekini couldn't have covered 50% of the distance Victor did & score goals. The transfer fees for V.O. will probably be the highest ever paid for an African - look at his body of work!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:40 pm
Odas wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:39 pm
Master Odas, how bodi today?
naija do well.
Naija was robbed
Professor! I dey, I dey well-well. How you be? I know you are being sarcastic, but it's ok. What can we do? Professor, we were not robbed-oooo, rather we were NOT up to the challenge and so, CIV deserved their victory. Congratulations to them
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller 2H

Post by Kabalega »

bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:01 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:53 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm Osimhen no be am. 7 games. 1 goal. Smh.
When conversations are held for the true GOATs of Nigerian football, Osimhen will have quotation marks to his inclusion...for a supposed world class striker he sure ain't no Drogba whom he idolized, very weak mentality and just poor all around.
He was already running to be subbed when we needed goal, you can’t win with these kids with weak mentality…
I'm glad you saw that too. A goal down, and APOY is expecting to be subbed. When he was subbed at Napoli, he threw a tantrum. In the final of AFCON, he was delighted to come off. Terrible mentality.
This is a true team player. He knows when he cannot give anymore and is willing to let others who can do better get on and help the team. He didn’t want to come off at Napoli because he thought he still had more to help the team.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

The team that wanted the victory the most won. Nigeria came in the game with a defensive mindset like the game against Cameroon and hoping to score on the counter. It was the perfect script, when Nigeria scored first. It is only after Cote d Ivoire second goal that Nigeria tried to attack but it was too late
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Best team won. Haller scoring, fate. What a turnaround for the chap. Deserves it. Bitterly disappointing, ultimately, too big an occasion for too tired minds. Did JP make best use of his squad? Was any moment ever that comfortable as to allow for rest and rotation? To employ urbanics, “bare man were mad tired fam. Man like Hem’s was gassed from day”.

Tactically the Ivorians were far superior. When elephants stampede, everything's carpet. The Eagles had their feathers used for down. Osimhen was too isolated, the midfield didn’t close the gap, the wingbacks were too afraid and the backline much the same.

Could the goals have been prevented? With the courtroom having undergone full marsupialisation, better a recess till the kangaroo’s reduced to burger meat alongside a pint of Fosters.
Last edited by Coach on Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Image :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
SuperEagles

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Adingra almost killed Aina. Thought he will get support but nada.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

that is the job of a coach -to make in game decisions and make timely changes!!
its not rocket science!!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Coach wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:01 am Best team won. Haller scoring, fate. What a turnaround for the chap. Deserves it. Bitterly disappointing, ultimately, too big an occasion for too tired minds. Did JP make best use of his squad? Was any moment ever that comfortable as to allow for rest and rotation? To borrow for the urbanics, “bare man were mad tired fam. Man like Hem’s was gassed from day”.

Tactically the Ivorians were far superior. When elephants stampede, everything's carpet. The Eagles and had their feathers used for down. Osimhen was too isolated, the midfield didn’t close the gap, the wingbacks were too afraid and the backline much the same. Could the goals have been prevented? With the courtroom having undergone full marsupialisation, better a recess till the kangaroo’s reduced to burger meat alongside a pint of Fosters.
Hope you had a bet that worked out at least?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:03 am Image :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Great comeback story for him.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I am not even mad.
The better team won.
Congratulations to Ivory Coast.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Just came back from the watch party. I am not going to speak too much because one thing I learned is that Nigerians are very very stubborn and do NOT listen. However, when the glass breaks, they start saying the same things you warned them about.

Thus, I know for a fact that whatever I say today, will go into your ears and you will ignore it and next year, we will be here again, in the same position. So I am not going to waste my time.

I told you Peseiro was a very very below average coach. Someone who failed for 32 years!

I told you that we need standards! Thats why its important to have solely Div 1 players, so you set a specific standard that the players will aspire to achieve.

Anyway, this is what you wanted and this is what you deserve!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:52 am I am not even mad.
The better team won.

Disappointed with the overall performance. We could and should have been better in the possession phase. And not just today.

I would move on from JP.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:17 am
The better team won.

Disappointed with the overall performance. We could and should have been better in the possession phase. And not just today.

I would move on from JP.
Someone who failed for 32 years, you were expecting him to be better? He literally was very poor for 1 year with us, and coached only 2 great games and Robbynice and his gang of positivity came here to tell us he is a "very good coach." :lol: :lol: I am too weak to even engage with anyone right now, but anyone who actually watched Nigeria for 1 year know that this man is one of the worst coaches we have had.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigeria have been eliminated in the CAF Africa Cup of Nations final for the fifth time (after 1984, 1988, 1990 and 2000), equalling Ghana for the joint-most a side has finished as the tournament's runners-up.
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:20 am
The better team won.

I would move on from JP.
Someone who failed for 32 years, you were expecting him to be better? He literally was very poor for 1 year with us, and coached only 2 great games and Robbynice and his gang of positivity came here to tell us he is a "very good coach." :lol: :lol: I am too weak to even engage with anyone right now, but anyone who actually watched Nigeria for 1 year know that this man is one of the worst coaches we have had.

For me he exposed how well Nigeria can be when you get the organization right in the non possession phase.

But offered next to nothing in the possession phase.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

txj wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:24 am
The better team won.

I would move on from JP.

For me he exposed how well Nigeria can be when you get the organization right in the non possession phase.

And how do you think this works for us in the WCQs?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The better team won.

I would move on from JP.

Yup! But funny enough, if we were on the other side of the draw - Senegal, Mali etc etc... We would have been exposed. This was coming. We played great in only 2 games in this tournament. The other games were fairly good to below average. We were very lucky. The teams with better coaches like Angola and South Africa tested us and showed that this guy is a horrible coach and knows nothing, aside from his 32 years of failure.

I tried to warn people but they told me to keep quiet! The likes of robby even insulted our intelligence and pretended that in the last one year, Nigeria only played CIV and Cameroon, when in fact, this guy has been terrible for 1 year! :oops:

We deserve this loss! Absolutely no doubt in my mind and not because of our poor performance today, but because our citizens love corruption and mediocrity.

I can guarantee you that after all the unhappiness today, give these lot 2 months and they will be back to their old self, asking for Div 3 players to be selected :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Who cursed these people??? :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:33 am
The better team won.

I would move on from JP.

And how do you think this works for us in the WCQs?
With this coach, we are fooked! The South African coach is better and will easily out-coach him!