BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Post by Damunk »

Wow. That’s very interesting.
When we were compiling the totality of results for previous coaches, they said “friendlies don’t count”.
Now the non-competitive games are taken out of the equation, goalposts have shifted and suddenly they are part of the “totality” because the competitive stats look pretty good. :rotf:
1naija wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:20 pm uncle, he lost only 2 competive games out of 21! That's the totality of his tenure. You are too old to be criticizing just because ...
Cellular wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:11 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm He ended his tenure on a high but he was bang average overall.

Now, let’s see who’s next. I suspect the NFF already have another foreigner on their radar.
average overall ?

he took the team to the final of the most competitve AFCON IN HISTORY.

The team did not concede a goal in 4 straight matches.

Give me a break.
But he was average.

Forget tournament play. Evaluate him in the totality of his tenure.

Anyway, make we wait until they confirm that he has left for 'greener' pasture.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

BTW, he has also played two World Cup qualifiers and drew both.

One against mighty Lesotho at home and one on the road to equally mighty Zimbabwe.

Do you know what both games have in common?

Do you care to fantom how goood/bad/average his team is without Osimhen?

Do you care if he is unable to get the best out of your best player(s)?

Or would you rather wait until you are at home watching South Africa at the World Cup?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You mean we should ignore your "Forget tournamnet play" statement?
Cellular wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:29 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:24 pm
txj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:27 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm He ended his tenure on a high but he was bang average overall.

Now, let’s see who’s next. I suspect the NFF already have another foreigner on their radar.
average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

IT IS TOURNAMENTS THAT YOU EVALUATE NT COACHES WITH...
I read Uncle's comment and really didn't understand it. Is it the qualifiers for the tournament that matter or the tournament itself? Or is it friendlies?? How can u forget tournament play????
You can follow TXJ to parse my statement.

I said this as well... "Evaluate him in the totality of his tenure."
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:11 pm They should have fired him in July. We just wasted 8 months. Now we have to bring in a new coach in the middle of world cup qualifications.
The excuses have started :D . The canoe is headed towards a waterfall with a 100 foot drop once again. Una kiss WCQ goodbye if this story is true. At least you can rejoice that your wish was granted.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:33 pm You mean we should ignore your "Forget tournamnet play" statement?

Didn't say that. I qualified my statement and stated the TOTALITY of his tenure.

The fact you have the African Best Player and struggled to beat teams while being outplayed (statistically) is a cause for concern.

That is why you evaluate the totality of his tenure.

CIV that won, had they kept faith with their original coach would not have been at the finals with natives bleating, YoU dOn'T cHaNgE a CoAcH mIdWaY iNtO a ToUrNaMeNt.

THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

greg wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:34 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:11 pm They should have fired him in July. We just wasted 8 months. Now we have to bring in a new coach in the middle of world cup qualifications.
The excuses have started :D . The canoe is headed towards a waterfall with a 100 foot drop once again. Una kiss WCQ goodbye if this story is true. At least you can rejoice that your wish was granted.
You think he will pull out results in the qualifiers?

Just pray that Osimhen remains healthy.

Remember there's is no Amodu to pull out us of a qualification jam.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF tend to do things the hard way. In July last year, they had the opportunity to take a different path, they refused. They should have hired a long term coach in July last year. Now there is a crisis. A new coach has to be hired. He has to familiarize himself with his players, the players have to learn a new system. And it is not easy. It takes time to implement your system at national team level. You only have less than a week to work with players every few months. Nigeria have a friendly in March and then there are world cup qualifiers against South Africa and Rwanda. It is not an ideal situation. But it is what it is. I warned you people on CE.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:43 pm The NFF tend to do things the hard way. In July last year, they had the opportunity to take a different path, they refused. They should have hired a long term coach in July last year. Now there is a crisis. A new coach has to be hired. He has to familiarize himself with his players, the players have to learn a new system. And it is not easy. It takes time to implement your system at national team level. You only have less than a week to work with players every few months. Nigeria have a friendly in March and then there are world cup qualifiers against South Africa and Rwanda. It is not an ideal situation. But it is what it is. I warned you people on CE.
Only in the last 2 weeks, you were advocating that Paso be terminated. Why weren't you also saying all of these? :rotf: Reality is finally setting in.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

greg wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:50 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:43 pm The NFF tend to do things the hard way. In July last year, they had the opportunity to take a different path, they refused. They should have hired a long term coach in July last year. Now there is a crisis. A new coach has to be hired. He has to familiarize himself with his players, the players have to learn a new system. And it is not easy. It takes time to implement your system at national team level. You only have less than a week to work with players every few months. Nigeria have a friendly in March and then there are world cup qualifiers against South Africa and Rwanda. It is not an ideal situation. But it is what it is. I warned you people on CE.
Only in the last 2 weeks, you were advocating that Paso be terminated. Why weren't you also saying all of these? :rotf: Reality is finally setting in.
I'm his biggest critic but he had been calling for Peseiro to be sacked ages ago. And he asked NFF to sack him right after the AFCON and announce a successor immediately. Nobody has asked for Peseiro to be sacked and replaced a week to the WCQ. You sack and replace immediately.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

PESEIRO QUITTING IS ANOTHER KNOCK ON FC's

Understandably, that element of commitment to the nation is not there. To them, it's all about padding their retirement fund. But to a local coach there's that extra desire to bring glory to the nation and would not abandon the country halfway. Hoping against hope that this is understood by the dunderheads at Glass House.
Bell
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You are funny guy.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:29 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:24 pm
txj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:27 pm

average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

IT IS TOURNAMENTS THAT YOU EVALUATE NT COACHES WITH...
I read Uncle's comment and really didn't understand it. Is it the qualifiers for the tournament that matter or the tournament itself? Or is it friendlies?? How can u forget tournament play????
You can follow TXJ to parse my statement.

I said this as well... "Evaluate him in the totality of his tenure."

I parsed it bigger for you! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Bell wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:05 pm PESEIRO QUITTING IS ANOTHER KNOCK ON FC's

Understandably, that element of commitment to the nation is not there. To them, it's all about padding their retirement fund. But to a local coach there's that extra desire to bring glory to the nation and would not abandon the country halfway. Hoping against hope that this is understood by the dunderheads at Glass House.
Bell
I understand he is going to be paid more to take the Algerian job. You can't blame him. I would have done the same, most of us would have done the same.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Care to share an example of such comparison for other coaches record?

Thanks in advance.
Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:30 pm Wow. That’s very interesting.
When we were compiling the totality of results for previous coaches, they said “friendlies don’t count”.
Now the non-competitive games are taken out of the equation, goalposts have shifted and suddenly they are part of the “totality” because the competitive stats look pretty good. :rotf:
1naija wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:20 pm uncle, he lost only 2 competive games out of 21! That's the totality of his tenure. You are too old to be criticizing just because ...

average overall ?

Give me a break.
But he was average.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Randy Waldrum will do the same thing to Nigeria. Well at least he is part time. Still head coach at Pitt. They actually did well at the NCAAs last year. Peseiro was a failure at Venezuela. Only Nigeria will hire him. He used us to get better offers. It is what it is.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi, VE and Danfo should be the new consortium of coaches.
OCCUPY NFF!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:05 pm
I'm his biggest critic but he had been calling for Peseiro to be sacked ages ago. And he asked NFF to sack him right after the AFCON and announce a successor immediately. Nobody has asked for Peseiro to be sacked and replaced a week to the WCQ. You sack and replace immediately.
This only makes sense when we have a Football Federation that has the knack for getting it right when it comes to naming successors. With NFF the way it is, calling on them to "sack and immediately replace" is the equivalent of using your lunch money to play lottery.
Happy for Paso sha. He has proven to us that he is nowhere near as stupid as a lot of Nigerians thought. Best to cash out while his stock is high. He has already seen the way he will be treated when it goes low again. No more pay cuts, delayed pay, and broke azz NFFs announcing they would fire him if they weren't broke.
Missing out on 2 WCs in a row will do a lot of harm to our football. We also tend to do well when it's hosted in North America so it will be a huge opportunity missed.
Last edited by greg on Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so yesterday abi a few days ago, he was scouting some winger in Portugal, today according to own goal bobo don pick race..ok ooo make una carry on
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

greg wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:14 am
This only makes sense when we have a Football Federation that has the knack for getting it right when it comes to naming successors. With NFF the way it is, calling on them to "sack and immediately replace" is the equivalent of using your lunch money to play lottery.
Happy for Paso sha. He has proven to us that he is nowhere near as stupid as a lot of Nigerians thought. Best to cash out while his stock is high. He has already seen the way he will be treated when it goes low again. No more pay cuts, delayed pay, and broke azz NFFs announcing they would fire him if they weren't broke.
Missing out on 2 WCs in a row will do a lot of harm to our football. We also tend to do well when it's hosted in North America so it will be a huge opportunity missed.
Oliseh or Amunike will qualify us for the WC with games to spare even though we started rough. We might even win it sef. I don't see Oliseh doing worse that the WC semis. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:25 am
greg wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:14 am
Oliseh or Amunike will qualify us for the WC with games to spare even though we started rough. We might even win it sef. I don't see Oliseh doing worse that the WC semis. :thumb:
Cry harder :lol: benin Republic is that way. :arrow:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:37 pm Owngoal just reported it on their site, can anyone verify this information?

https://x.com/owngoalnigeria/status/176 ... 87666?s=20
:evil: :twisted:
Thanks Peseiro .... for leaving the SE. Good luck to you !! :mrgreen:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:25 am

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Good riddance, we wish him well, a very average coach at best.

Finidi should continue.
Peter Obi For President 2023