Best Moment of 2003. Tell the Beeb

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KoC
Egg
Egg
Best Moment of 2003. Tell the Beeb

Post by KoC »

Best of Africa in 2003?

Rwanda's qualification, your top memory in 2003?
Got an opinion? Express it here. Each week we throw up a different subject to let followers of African football have their say. Some of your views will be read on Fast Track - the BBC's African sports programme.

As 2003 draws to an end and we look back on the sporting year, what is your top memory involving African footballers?

Was it Rwanda beating Ghana to qualify for the 2004 Nations Cup, was it Enyimba becoming Nigeria's first ever continental champions - or maybe Jay-Jay Okocha's outstanding goals for Bolton in the English Premiership?

Let's not forget the All Africa Games, Didier Drogba in France and Obafemi Martins in Italy.

Whatever your personal choice, why not drop us a line?

No matter how controversial your views might be, use the form on the right to have your say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a Nigerian, and one who was an integral part of the Enyimba story, I am tempted to go for that. But what moved me the most this past year was the way the whole world stood up for MarciVivien Foe. As an African, I felt devastated by his death, but comfort came from the bonding shown by the entire football community. If only we could be just as bonded in other matters . . .
Colin Udoh, Nigeria

For me, the Rwandan national football team deserves a pat on the back, not only for qualifying to play in the African Nations Cup for the first time, but doing so at the expense of a four-time champion of the cup, the Black Stars of Ghana. They showed that despite the frequent wars in their land, they could also play good football and match the giants in the continent.
Patrick Omorodion, Lagos, Nigeria

The shock of Ghana losing to Rwanda and the added drop of a heartbeat for not making it to the African Nations Cup. A bad year for Ghana soccer.
Kobby, USA

As a Nigerian nothing can be compared to the exploit of our club, Enyimba, in this year's Champions Cup. This remains the best moment for me and most Nigerians. For 39 years we have waited for this moment to come, and finally it came in a glamorous way, winning it on foreign ground. 2003 will remain in history as one of the years to be remembered.
Oluwasanya Agboola, USA

It was the collapse of the Cameroonian midfielder Marc-Vivien Foe during the Fifa Confederations Cup in France. I watched how he fell alone on the pitch and later he was pronounced dead.Something I'll not forgot as long as I live.
Joseph M, Canada

Enyimba winning the Champions League.
Ayoola Adeyemi, Lagos, Nigeria
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Oga Chief, the BEEB have always been biased against us. They do not like us because we stand up as a people and refuse to be patronised by them. They can go to hell. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

I can not forget when JJ was Bolting Arsenal with all manner of flicks and tricks at the Reebok and the consequense being the Man U victory in the EPL
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Sam Okoye scored from a goalkeeper's kick against Super Eagle Sunday Rotimi,in Akure!