10 worrying things about Eguoavon from yesterday's game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 worrying things about Eguoavon from yesterday's game

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I want everyone who watched yesterday's game to contribute to this thread. I did not see it so can only go by what has been pasted on this site but from what I gathered from you contributors, we might as well have had CCC in charge yesterday.

Eguoavon does not appear to have changed anything. Correct me if I am wrong but this is what happened yesterday:

[1] Eguoavon played the usual 4-4-2
[2] His midfield was made up of: Osaze-Olofinjana-Obodo-Lawal
[3] Old players like Kanu, Taribo and Lawal all started
[4] Kanu played in his usual role of a "striker" barred from entering the opponents penalty box.
[5] Had JJ been around, our midfield would have loked like this: Osaze-Olofinjana-Okocha-Lawal
[6] All the changes we saw were like for like, with no change in formation at all
[7] At no stage did Eguoavon try playing a playmaker like Osaze, Obodo or Obi behind two strikers with two anchormen behind him
[8] As per CCC, attempts on goal were minimum. The team just passed the ball around in midfield hoping that the Libyan defence would part in front of it
[9] We did not try to get any width and knock balls into the box
[10] Our full backs did not get up and down the flanks as we are used to seeing the likes of Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Zanetti and Sorin do.

I for one fail to see any progress between when CCC left and now. This is exactly what used to happen under him and if this is anything to go by, our match against Algeria will be no different from that against Angola.

How do we remedy this situation? Bluntly put, Cerezo is just not good enough!
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carbon
Egg
Egg

Post by carbon »

here we go...those who saw the game please help to deconstruct the ...u know :D
consiglere
Egg
Egg

Post by consiglere »

How can you worry about something you didn't see? Leave that to the people that watched the game and stop speculating.
You have read what I wrote. If what I wrote was wrong, right the wrongs I wrote and I'll write back what's right.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Ayo
This is your best 10 pointers ever! You displayed a clear understanding of communication. My posts on the main match thread number 17, the BORING AND TACTICALLY NAIVE one and the reply to txj posts says it all.

The truth is Cezero has nothing special to offer, and watching yesterday, we need something special. Can a LC do it? Am not convinced. But I would support giving other LC a chance. SS comes to mind, but in all sensibilities, I will advise he continues with Youth teams, mature for about two more years while working with a more solid coach.

I will be grateful if my co-niajarians can realise the futility of another useless WC'06 appearance which is not likely to happen anyway. Let's start planning for ANC '06, 08 and WC 2010. We have the potential now, the talent now, but the coaching and organisational skills NEVER! But we can buy that, whereas potential and talent is not on the market!! Which is why I feel CEZERO should either admit his competence level, identify the gaps and suggest the ways to fill the gaps. The likes of Globacom should then roll out their "money drums" and pay for acquiring the desired competences. This should be done for the whole caoching crew and NFA officials.

Some organisations believes in competences and I believe it is key to success. here is an example from leadership gurus. You konw your Job and know the level of competence on a scale of 1-4 to do the Job. Identify your gaps and suggest the trainings to fill it- be it classroom, on-the job or whatever. Finish the training and demonstrate the competence on your present Job, do the same thing for the higher JOb and bag a promotion.

I believe Equavon and the NFA with Globacom funding under a supervising Ministry should take that upward spiralling course outline above.

I remain a realist in the house.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 10 worrying things about Eguoavon from yesterday's game

Post by Cmoke »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I want everyone who watched yesterday's game to contribute to this thread. I did not see it so can only go by what has been pasted on this site but from what I gathered from you contributors, we might as well have had CCC in charge yesterday.

Eguoavon does not appear to have changed anything. Correct me if I am wrong but this is what happened yesterday:

[4] Kanu played in his usual role of a "striker" barred from entering the opponents penalty box.
[5] Had JJ been around, our midfield would have loked like this: Osaze-Olofinjana-Obodo-Lawal
[6] All the changes we saw were like for like, with no change in formation at all
[7] At no stage did Eguoavon try playing a playmaker like Osaze, Obodo or Obi behind two strikers with two anchormen behind him
[8] As per CCC, attempts on goal were minimum. The team just passed the ball around in midfield hoping that the Libyan defence would part in front of it
[10] Our full backs did not get up and down the flanks as we are used to seeing the likes of Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Zanetti and Sorin do.

I for one fail to see any progress between when CCC left and now. This is exactly what used to happen under him and if this is anything to go by, our match against Algeria will be no different from that against Angola.

Dude,

You are such a nutcase.

Cmoke
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Does this exercise stem from the point of view of watching the game or from your plebeian and inveterate disposition to lie-telling?
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

those who never liked cerezo never will even if he wins all his matches 11-0.

Best start by any nigerian Coach ever.

compare his start with that of his immediate predecessor.

1. Angola 9/ 9/02 Luanda, ANG 0-0 ANC Qualifying
2. Senegal 12/10/02 Dakar, SEN 2-2
[G: O. Ileagu, B. Idahor; att: 65,000]
3. Jamaica 20/11/02 Lagos, NGA 0-0
4. Egypt 25/11/02 Lagos, NGA 1-1

we never beat libya before dont forget.
and the last match against them was by CCC

Libya 20/10/04 Tripoli, LIB 1-2 LG Cup
[G: V. Ezeji; att: 50,000]
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

megapro wrote:those who never liked cerezo never will even if he wins all his matches 11-0.

Best start by any nigerian Coach ever.

compare his start with that of his immediate predecessor.

1. Angola 9/ 9/02 Luanda, ANG 0-0 ANC Qualifying
2. Senegal 12/10/02 Dakar, SEN 2-2
[G: O. Ileagu, B. Idahor; att: 65,000]
3. Jamaica 20/11/02 Lagos, NGA 0-0
4. Egypt 25/11/02 Lagos, NGA 1-1

we never beat libya before dont forget.
and the last match against them was by CCC

Libya 20/10/04 Tripoli, LIB 1-2 LG Cup
[G: V. Ezeji; att: 50,000]
funny you stated best start by any Nigerian coach .. without looking further back than CCC .. chei!
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

funny you stated best start by any Nigerian coach .. without looking further back than CCC .. chei!

looking down from even before father tiko, no nigerian NT coach ever started with
P2 W2 GF-7 GA-0

if you know of any, you get €200,--
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I challenge anyone to tell me how Eguoavon proves to be an improvement on CCC. We still need a foreign coach before the Algeria game!
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

I challenge anyone to tell me how Eguoavon proves to be an improvement on CCC. We still need a foreign coach before the Algeria game!
eyes open.
compare thier starts.
compare thier records against a common for (libya)
the difference is crystal clear for THOSE who wanna see.
megapro 2012:
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I challenge anyone to tell me how Eguoavon proves to be an improvement on CCC. We still need a foreign coach before the Algeria game!
We don't need all those white mango head coaches anymore. Siasia is foreign enough for SE.
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

[5] Had JJ been around, our midfield would have loked like this: Osaze-Olofinjana-Obodo-Lawal
are you saying that Cerezo would have had the guts to bench Okocha? :shock: ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
goldfeet2
Egg
Egg

Post by goldfeet2 »

what do you expect to change dude? was Egu not part of ccc? when he took over I said it that it is only a change of guards to placate and decieve while ''it is business as usual''. What is Akwuegbu and obodo got to with SE in place of JMO and Kaita and co? My fren, oda surplus of ya heart pill and keep dem handy man.
our future is in our hands
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Lefak wrote:
[5] Had JJ been around, our midfield would have loked like this: Osaze-Olofinjana-Okocha-Lawal
are you saying that Cerezo would have had the guts to bench Okocha? :shock: ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don change am!
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I challenge anyone to tell me how Eguoavon proves to be an improvement on CCC. We still need a foreign coach before the Algeria game!
Eguaveon is not "an improvement" on CCC and I didn't expect him to be. For one, CCC is more experienced and accomplished coach than Egu. However, either of them can get the job done if we can fix the NFA.

The sooner you guys realize that our main problem isn't the coaching crew but the clueless NFA, the better for naija soccer. No coach can perform wonders as long as the current useless NFA crew remain in charge.

O pari
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

as the author did not watch the match like me, i belive we played well and did only positive things, abbey was a plausible cafu, osaze is the truth on that right side and taribo could not be beaten for dust but age mates of his children.

all in all a good work and kudos to cerezo and his band of sweat merchants.

my 1andahalf kobo
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

All of Una don take style change the hole purpose of this Ayo him post - kai.
can04
Egg
Egg
Re: 10 worrying things about Eguoavon from yesterday's game

Post by can04 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I want everyone who watched yesterday's game to contribute to this thread. I did not see it so can only go by what has been pasted on this site but from what I gathered from you contributors, we might as well have had CCC in charge yesterday.

how can we be bothered to read ANY of this if you have disqualified yourself from posting on the thresd?????

YOU DID NOT WATCH THE GAME.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

AYO:
Here's a serious question...
Why post a ten-pointer to make one point?

The same point that you have made since joining CE...
That a foreign coach is Nigeria's only salvation!

<
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

Gotti wrote:AYO:

<
That is a serious upper cut from Gotti, Ayo.
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

GG of G wrote:Some organisations believes in competences and I believe it is key to success. here is an example from leadership gurus. You konw your Job and know the level of competence on a scale of 1-4 to do the Job. Identify your gaps and suggest the trainings to fill it- be it classroom, on-the job or whatever. Finish the training and demonstrate the competence on your present Job, do the same thing for the higher JOb and bag a promotion.
Dude, you do not need a "leadership guru" to tell you that REAL success lies in ownership...
<
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Gotti wrote:AYO:

<
Let me add that only Ayo Aklinfe has the temerity to post commentary on a game he did not see. I wonder what Ayo would have said if Trousier had been the coach and the team played the same way.
Last edited by Naija fan on Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."