Amodu as SE coach: matters arising

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Spicyee
Egg
Egg
Amodu as SE coach: matters arising

Post by Spicyee »

It is no longer news that NFA has settled for Amodu in spite of an overwhelming public opinion which favored Siasia. Expectedly, the appointment is greeted with uneasy silence, studied "siddon look" posture by many; not because Amodu is not a good Coach, but for several other reasons, such as:
1. Is Amodu current enough with the trend in the game today after spending the last 6yrs in some underachieving clubs?
2. After the drama of this appointment, will Amodu enjoy the respect and cooperation of the NFA and the players themselves?
3. Will Amodu allow the logic of continuity to thrive by recognizing the current U23 team as the nucleus of the SE's future? or, will he opt to "assemble" his own team instead of "living in Siasia's shadow"?
4. Will Amokachie be submissive to his boss?
5. In terms of selection of players, will Amodu be have the balls and the free hand to introduce new players into the team?
6. Will he enjoy the support of other Nigerian Coaches, Siasia inclusive?
7. Is this NFA ready to support Amodu as they supported BV in his programs for the team?
I dont mean to sound pessimistic, but I am not excited by this appointment at all; I think the NFA has done fine by settling for a Loc Coach, but the choice of Amodu sounds more like a "compensation" than a challenge, to me. The SE currently needs a Coach who is hungry for success, not one who is contented with past glories. The frequent reference to the Mali 2002 sack in the "appointment" process is more sentimental rather than constructive; the SE was in serious state of decline at the time, and Amodu could not do anything about it; he was contented with being Coach, while some players -to whom he felt too indebted- picked the team for him.
I wonder what forumers think about these.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

My own be....when is the next friendly match?

I am trying to envision the prep work for the qualifiers.
You are Your Own Dog
amoky
Egg
Egg

Post by amoky »

our football is on the decline
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

I cant wait to see Amodu's first team list. :roll:
Eaglet