Hassan shehata to coach nigeria during the WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zamalek06
Egg
Egg
Hassan shehata to coach nigeria during the WC

Post by zamalek06 »

http://eparena.com/new/ar/33168/id/4106

it's an arabic source but who knows lol :lol:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Hassan shehata to coach nigeria during the WC

Post by wanaj0 »

Assuming our players are coachable? He better come with the Egyptian players to play for us.

That said, any coach that cannot qualify his team for the WC should stay at home and watch it on HD TV :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

He is definitely better than Amodu and those European journeymen who's names keep getting tossed around as likely candidates
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

lol. Naija becoming a laughing stock again. My cousin Boniface would also like a crack at the plum position.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
anaedo1
Egg
Egg

Post by anaedo1 »

He is the only indigenous coach who has beaten Amodu since he took over the Nigerian team from Vogts.

I know you are kidding but thank you,he is better off coaching the Pharoahs.
Incidentally,why was it that none of all the pious ever discovered psycho-analysis?Why did it have to wait for a completely godless Jew?
Sigmund Freud
zamalek06
Egg
Egg

Post by zamalek06 »

i think your players wouldnt like it. :lol:
this would mean no women, alcohol or no disco during the whole tournament :scared:
mikel would suicide :curse:
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

I'm sure his first requirement will be for all our players to become devout Muslims.
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

zamalek06 wrote:i think your players wouldnt like it. :lol:
this would mean no women, alcohol or no disco during the whole tournament :scared:
mikel would suicide :curse:

Women are grouped with sins like alcohol and disco?

Bring him on!

I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

he will be the best coach for eagles sentiments apart
he is african and he has the records.
Lagos Bobo
Egg
Egg

Post by Lagos Bobo »

Zamalek, since your source is in Arabic, I hope you're not pulling our legs here. Having said that, Shehata wouldn't be my first choice but he's a is HUGE upgrade on the clueless Amodu. With Shetata in charge, we'll definitely have a decent chance of making the semi finals.

O pari
My Amodu is a Clown Realization Moment (Amodu had been asked how he intends to fix the Eagles' wobbly midfield and he said):
“Midfield does not win matches. If it does, then Nigeria had no business beating Kenya because the Eagles' midfield failed against Harambee Stars.
“Midfield is just a bridge between the attack and the defence. ...”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

zamalek06 wrote:http://eparena.com/new/ar/33168/id/4106

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
he's white he's foreign :thumbs:
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Lagos Bobo wrote:Zamalek, since your source is in Arabic, I hope you're not pulling our legs here. Having said that, Shehata wouldn't be my first choice but he's a is HUGE upgrade on the clueless Amodu. With Shetata in charge, we'll definitely have a decent chance of making the semi finals.

O pari
:blink:

Semi-finals?

Anyways, I dont believe this rumor.
Lagos Bobo
Egg
Egg

Post by Lagos Bobo »

mcal wrote:

Hassan Shehata is white? Are some y'all on drugz when you post or just plain brain dead??? :???:
My Amodu is a Clown Realization Moment (Amodu had been asked how he intends to fix the Eagles' wobbly midfield and he said):
“Midfield does not win matches. If it does, then Nigeria had no business beating Kenya because the Eagles' midfield failed against Harambee Stars.
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

mcal wrote:

So Egyptians are white? What are you high on? :rotf: :rotf:
Lagos Bobo
Egg
Egg

Post by Lagos Bobo »

diegomaradona10 wrote:
Lagos Bobo wrote:Zamalek, since your source is in Arabic, I hope you're not pulling our legs here. Having said that, Shehata wouldn't be my first choice but he's a is HUGE upgrade on the clueless Amodu. With Shetata in charge, we'll definitely have a decent chance of making the semi finals.

O pari
:blink:

Semi-finals?

Anyways, I dont believe this rumor.
Me neither. I was just hoping against hope. Anybody but Amodu would do at this time :(
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lagos Bobo wrote:
mcal wrote:

Hassan Shehata is white? Are some y'all on drugz when you post or just plain brain dead??? :???:
...certainly don't look like Amodu or yaradua :woot: :woot: :woot:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Eagle Winged wrote:
mcal wrote:

...i mean their coach, after all englanders and the frenchy are not white only :woot: :woot:
zamalek06
Egg
Egg

Post by zamalek06 »

well guies, it seems to be quite serious. One of the administration member said that the egyptian fa got contacts with nigeria...ghana and cameroon :o
Eagle Winged
Egg
Egg

Post by Eagle Winged »

mcal wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:
mcal wrote:

...i mean their coach, after all englanders and the frenchy are not white only :woot: :woot:
Except clearly i refer to Egyptian ethnicity not nationality!
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

Does he speak english?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

omoelenia wrote:Does he speak english?
Very broken English.

I'm not sure if this would work out.

Shehata is not an X's and O's type of coach. He just goes by feeling and picks certain players for certain roles. For example with the Egyptian NT, we have an attacking right winger who plays right-back for us, we have a starting striker who does not score or create many goals but opens up space for other players (Meteab)...we play with 3 CBs (2 of which will sometimes play in midfield) and some times we'll play with 3 central midfielders and depend on our WBs to cover the entire side of the pitch.

One thing I've learned about Shehata is that he values versatility. Over the course of the match he'll move players around to different positions. I know that many of you guys are unfamiliar with our team but many of his decisions sometimes have Egyptians scratching their heads. In this tournament he'd sub out a CB for a midfielder or attacker and we'd be like "WTF is going on?". Or he'd sub out a striker for a winger. Then a few minutes later we realized that he shuffled the entire formation and the subs would end up being successful.

I'm not sure if Shehata would succeed coaching a West African team. Shehata has succeeded with Egypt because the players respect him tremendously. You rarely hear of Egyptian NT players causing trouble or complaining about Shehata's decisions. The only guy that has done so is Mido and look at where's ended up. He's now playing in the Egyptian League where he's been stinking up the joint and the club hasn't paid his wages in full yet...meanwhile the NT just won a 2nd consecutive ACN title without him.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

diegomaradona10 wrote:
Very broken English.

Shehata is not an X's and O's type of coach. He just goes by feeling and picks certain players for certain roles. For example with the Egyptian NT, we have an attacking right winger who plays right-back for us, we have a starting striker who does not score or create many goals but opens up space for other players (Meteab)...we play with 3 CBs (2 of which will sometimes play in midfield) and some times we'll play with 3 central midfielders and depend on our WBs to cover the entire side of the pitch.

One thing I've learned about Shehata is that he values versatility. Over the course of the match he'll move players around to different positions. I know that many of you guys are unfamiliar with our team but many of his decisions sometimes have Egyptians scratching their heads. In this tournament he'd sub out a CB for a midfielder or attacker and we'd be like "WTF is going on?". Or he'd sub out a striker for a winger. Then a few minutes later we realized that he shuffled the entire formation and the subs would end up being successful.

I'm not sure if Shehata would succeed coaching a West African team. Shehata has succeeded with Egypt because the players respect him tremendously. You rarely hear of Egyptian NT players causing trouble or complaining about Shehata's decisions. The only guy that has done so is Mido and look at where's ended up. He's now playing in the Egyptian League where he's been stinking up the joint and the club hasn't paid his wages in full yet...meanwhile the NT just won a 2nd consecutive ACN title without him.

Mido is reduced to playing in Egypt?
How the mighty have fallen!
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Major General Ogolo wrote:
diegomaradona10 wrote:
Very broken English.

Mido is reduced to playing in Egypt?
How the mighty have fallen!
...how about that Brazil guy that left Inter?...if u get hot head oyinbos go dump u, good thing they have better leagues at home to fall back to, unlike certain giants of the continent.