Ancelotti: Italy must shed violence, racism

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Eurosport - Thu, 10 Sep 13:45:00 2009

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti hopes Italian football can shed violence and racism in favour of an image similar to the Premier League.

"In Italy we still have violence, so I hope that it will change soon," Ancelotti told the club website.

"That people go to the stadium to see an exciting match, like in England, and to support their team - not using violence and racist taunts towards the players."

The 50-year-old Italian spent all of his playing and coaching career in Serie A before a switch from Milan to Chelsea in June.

Racist abuse is not uncommon in Italy, last season Juventus were ordered to play a league game behind closed doors after some spectators taunted Internazionale striker Mario Balotelli.

"People go to the stadium to see a spectacle (in England). In Italy unfortunately it isn't like that. People there don't have this sense for spectacle," Ancelotti added.

"It is something nice and interesting to see here (in England). I like it because all the stadiums are full and work very well. It's a very positive experience."

Ancelotti's early tenure has been similarly positive.

Victory in the Community Shield seasonal opener over Manchester United has been followed up by four wins from four in the league to put Chelsea top.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10092009/ ... acism.html
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Ancelotti: Italy must shed violence, racism

Post by Waffiman »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:Ancelotti: Italy must shed violence, racism
Eurosport - Thu, 10 Sep 13:45:00 2009

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti hopes Italian football can shed violence and racism in favour of an image similar to the Premier League.

"In Italy we still have violence, so I hope that it will change soon," Ancelotti told the club website.

"That people go to the stadium to see an exciting match, like in England, and to support their team - not using violence and racist taunts towards the players."

The 50-year-old Italian spent all of his playing and coaching career in Serie A before a switch from Milan to Chelsea in June.

Racist abuse is not uncommon in Italy, last season Juventus were ordered to play a league game behind closed doors after some spectators taunted Internazionale striker Mario Balotelli.

"People go to the stadium to see a spectacle (in England). In Italy unfortunately it isn't like that. People there don't have this sense for spectacle," Ancelotti added.

"It is something nice and interesting to see here (in England). I like it because all the stadiums are full and work very well. It's a very positive experience."

Ancelotti's early tenure has been similarly positive.

Victory in the Community Shield seasonal opener over Manchester United has been followed up by four wins from four in the league to put Chelsea top.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10092009/ ... acism.html
Shakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakakaka........ wey you? Hmmmmmmm... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Hmmmmmm! Kudos for talking straight. Can't wait for Vivente, Shaka-khan, Yujam and the rest of the "England is just as racist as Spain and Italy" gang for their spin. :taunt:
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

is ancelotti saying that people in italy should stop being violent and racist by being like the english??????? :sneaky: :sneaky:

Yujam I beg translate it for me now

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

osa wrote:is ancelotti saying that people in italy should stop being violent and racist by being like the english??????? :sneaky: :sneaky:

You dey fain trouble oh. :sneaky: :sneaky:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

Waffiman wrote:
osa wrote:is ancelotti saying that people in italy should stop being violent and racist by being like the english??????? :sneaky: :sneaky:

You dey fain trouble oh. :sneaky: :sneaky:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

What about La Liga?
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

See what traveling does to smart people.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I salute Carlo for spitting out the truth and i say anyone who refuses to accept the EPL is most civilised league in terms of racerelations is either very deluded or just plain stupid. Hate the english football setup but in this regard they are miles away from the rest :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q