Oliseh v Enyeama, how it happened.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

muyiwalawal
Egg
Egg
Oliseh v Enyeama, how it happened.

Post by muyiwalawal »

Some may disagree but it's important to drop these happenings or they will confuse you and some innocent person will suffer. E.g, look at the news being circulated now that Enyeama was unhappy because Musa was captain.... Many people of course believe that now.

Version of events.
VE turned up to the training session in his car during Tue evening training, the ambassador was present and was due to be introduced to the members of the SE by the captain, Enyeama thinking it was his duty stepped forward but was told to step back by SO who called on Musa to assume the duties.

At dinner SO went on a rant at the players saying he was disappointed in their training efforts and if any player thinks he's too big for SE he should leave now, and also if any player thinks he has too much money he too should leave his money at home, he also implied that he knew certain individuals would not honour their invitation and he named VE and VM as the 2 players he didn't expect to honour their invitation, He then blew his own trumpet saying that he as a coach and player had won everything and achieved/ done more in football than his current set of players. VE stood up to address the coach and was immediately asked to shut up and sit down, to which VE replied "I'm not angry that you took the captain of me, but show me and the boys some respect pls" SO again told him to sit down and shut up and if he didn't like how he addressed them he should go home now. SO then called security to remove VE but before security came VE left the dinning room with his last words "I came late because I went to bury my mother, is this why you are treating me like this"
Senior officials and senior players later tried to persuade VE to stay at the camp, we've not seen him this morning. BTW during S.O's rants, he said he has a home based left back who is far better than the LB in camp and that the player would have been here in Belgium if not for visa problems obviously firing shots at Echiejile who stayed quiet as a gentleman. (He's of course referring to Akas Chima).
Nothing but the truth.

Remember I told ya'll, they are planning a massive clear out and only few will survive. Oliseh has the backing of Diko and Pinnick 100% so nothing will happen to him. It's like they want to start afresh because some big boys have these coaches on a chokehold and they want to bring an end to it but IMHO, there are much better ways....

To those like people who don't appreciate the wahala we go through to break such news and who want to damage my reputation/ integrity, don't waste your time, on day I'll become tired after all... I'm not like others who keep quite when there's fire on the mountain.

The fact is we are now in a day and age where everyone should comport themselves in the correct manner or it will leak. This applies to coaches, player et all. It is working and they are comporting themselves albeit slowly slowly but we shall get there. If this news wasn't broken, you can be rest assured you would have all been fed some garbage.
God bless una
Last edited by muyiwalawal on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Oliseh v Enyeama, how it happened.

Post by Goldleaf »

Muyiwalawal,

Thanks and keep it coming. :thumb:
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

muyiwalawal wrote:Some may disagree but it's important to drop these happenings or they will confuse you and some innocent person will suffer. E.g, look at the news being circulated now that Enyeama was unhappy because Musa was captain.... Many people of course believe that now.

Version of events.
VE turned up to the training session in his car during Tue evening training, the ambassador was present and was due to be introduced to the members of the SE by the captain, Enyeama thinking it was his duty stepped forward but was told to step back by SO who called on Musa to assume the duties.

At dinner SO went on a rant at the players saying he was disappointed in their training efforts and if any player thinks he's too big for SE he should leave now, and also if any player thinks he has too much money he too should leave his money at home, he also implied that he knew certain individuals would not honour their invitation and he named VE and VM as the 2 players he didn't expect to honour their invitation, He then blew his own trumpet saying that he as a coach and player had won everything and achieved/ done more in football in the game than his current set of players. VE stood up to address the coach and was immediately asked to shut up and sit down, to which VE replied "I'm not angry that you took the captain of me, but show me and the boys some respect pls" SO again told him to sit down and shut up and if he didn't like how he addressed them he should go home now. SO then called security to remove VE but before security came VE left the dinning room with his last words "I came late because I went to bury my mother, is this why you are treating me like this"
Senior officials and senior players later tried to persuade VE to stay at the camp, we've not seen him this morning. BTW during S.O's rants, he said he has a home based left back who is far better than the LB in camp obviously firing shots at Echiejile who stayed quiet as a gentleman.
Nothing but the truth.

Remember I told ya'll, they are planning a massive clear out and only few will survive. Oliseh has the backing of Diko and Pinnick 100% so nothing will happen to him. It's like they want to start afresh because some big boys have these coaches on a chokehold and they want to bring an end to it but IMHO, there are much better ways....

To those like people who don't appreciate the wahala we go through to break such news and who want to damage my reputation/ integrity, don't waste your time, on day I'll become tired after all... I'm not like others who keep quite when there's fire on the mountain.

The fact is we are now in a day and age where everyone should comfort themselves in the correct manner or it will leak. This applies to coaches, player et all. It is working and they are comporting themselves albeit slowly slowly but we shall get there. If this news wasn't broken, you can be rest assured you would have all been fed some garbage.
God bless una
Interesting, was the NFA unaware of the burial of his mother? Oliseh is digging a hole for himself.....
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Poor management by Oliseh.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Good plan, bad implementation. I agree that we need to build a new team, but it is a gradual process and you do not run down a top players or older players in front of upcoming players.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

If this is true, then Sunday Oliseh is not a good man manager. I wonder why he is being confrontational? So what if he has won everything as a player - did he do it by being confrontational or by himself?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Oliseh should have told Enyeame about Ahmed Musa assuming the "captainship" role before hand to avoid any embarrassment.
Last edited by Purity on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Super Eagles head coach, Sunday Oliseh, has confirmed the appointment of Ahmed Musa as the new captain of the side, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.
Oliseh said he picked the CSKA Moscow of Russia forward because he is building a team for the future.
"There is no captain tussle. Going forward, I need a player who is a regular in the team and it is Ahmed Musa, who did a great job in Tanzania under difficult circumstances," Oliseh told Brila FM Wednesday morning.
"He is the captain of the team, not someboby who is thinking of retirement.
"A captain has to lead by example. We are not here to build stars.
"There is no talk of conforming, if you can't work with us you can leave."
Oliseh was apparently referring to Vincent Enyeama, whom he clashed with on Tuesday night in Belgium.
The Super Eagles will take on DR Congo in a friendly game on Thursday and then later confront Cameroon on Sunday at the Edmond Matchens Stadium, Brussels.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ol ... s-captain/
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Oliseh is the coach and we should respect his desicion. At the end of the day , results do matter. Will Musa become the youngest ever captain? By the way, The Astros made it , defeated tge yankees, closing on the world series
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If this is true, then I think we have made a grave mistake appointing Sunday Oliseh. I am all for discipline, but this is taken it too far. You don't ridicule players like this, you just don't do that. You will never get good results. If you don't want VE on the team, just don't invite him or talk to him in private. Highly shameful if true the way SO treated VE. We shouldn't be shocked to see more players decline future invitations. This is going to end badly.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Guys,
This write up is laced with bad belle, hatred and innuendoes against the coach. If this article was written without such words as 'Oliseh's rant', 'implied', 'shut up and sit down', then it would have made more sense.
The write up shows so much dislike and maybe hatred for Oliseh. You could have related the events without making too much efforts to smear the coach and incite your readers against him.
In your breaking news the other day, you wrote that Enyeama refused to comply, now the story has changed to portray Enyeama as meek and respectful. What happened to shouting match earlier written?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Very silly of Oliseh, Enyeama will still be here after he is fired.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

When i talked yujam talk say e go ban me :rotf: make una continue to dey enjoy pettit gossips, and rants, maybe that way we can start scoring goals and play some purposeful footballl... smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

All about change – we have used softly approach in the past it did not yield any positive result instead some players took advantage – let see how this approach plans out at the end of the day all about result on the pitch – that determinate Oliseh fate.

Oliseh may stubborn and tough – but very intelligent – think muyiwa has only told us the side of story he want us to hear But not the full picture before and after event. All I can say for now is time and results will tell if this is the best approach for the national team.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Shouldn't the entire team have a say on who should be the captain?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Vincent Enyeama (vinny2908) words on instagram after the Oliseh's misunderstanding in camp yesterday.… instagram.com/p/8iIrzNyAYC/
Last edited by Purity on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

lacidi wrote:Super Eagles head coach, Sunday Oliseh, has confirmed the appointment of Ahmed Musa as the new captain of the side, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.
Oliseh said he picked the CSKA Moscow of Russia forward because he is building a team for the future.
"There is no captain tussle. Going forward, I need a player who is a regular in the team and it is Ahmed Musa, who did a great job in Tanzania under difficult circumstances," Oliseh told Brila FM Wednesday morning.
"He is the captain of the team, not someboby who is thinking of retirement.
"A captain has to lead by example. We are not here to build stars.
"There is no talk of conforming, if you can't work with us you can leave."
Oliseh was apparently referring to Vincent Enyeama, whom he clashed with on Tuesday night in Belgium.
The Super Eagles will take on DR Congo in a friendly game on Thursday and then later confront Cameroon on Sunday at the Edmond Matchens Stadium, Brussels.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ol ... s-captain/
What a shame! Who is not a regular, so VE should have played against TZ with his state of mind? Shame on Oliseh!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

walesvilla wrote:All about change – we have used softly approach in the past it did not yield any positive result instead some players took advantage – let see how this approach plans out at the end of the day all about result on the pitch – that determinate Oliseh fate.

Oliseh may stubborn and tough – but very intelligent – think muyiwa has only told us the side of story he want us to hear But not the full picture before and after event. All I can say for now is time and results will tell if this is the best approach for the national team.
What did we achieve when we started from scratch building a new team because of the egos of the players. The last rebuilding exercise coincidentally commenced with the dropping of the present coach and we only won our first title in how many years in 2013. T

Being a pundit is different from being the manager.....
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Pray tell, and why should that be the case?
ohenhen1 wrote:Shouldn't the entire team have a say on who should be the captain?
muyiwalawal
Egg
Egg

Post by muyiwalawal »

Nah bro. I've told it as it is. Vincent never exchanged insults with S.O.
Everyone in camp can't believe the treatment dished out to VE. He was humiliated and that's why they are rallying around to clean up the mess. For me, if Enyeama accepts to remain in SE after the humiliation then I will be very surprised. Personally I feel it's time for him to move on but as I said earlier, there are mature and better ways to do things. Expect more senior boys to either stay away or get sacked too.
bouncino wrote:Guys,
This write up is laced with bad belle, hatred and innuendoes against the coach. If this article was written without such words as 'Oliseh's rant', 'implied', 'shut up and sit down', then it would have made more sense.
The write up shows so much dislike and maybe hatred for Oliseh. You could have related the events without making too much efforts to smear the coach and incite your readers against him.
In your breaking news the other day, you wrote that Enyeama refused to comply, now the story has changed to portray Enyeama as meek and respectful. What happened to shouting match earlier written?
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

This excerpt is from Collin Udoh's report on ESPN:

Enyeama arrived at the Nigeria camp on Tuesday, one day past Monday's deadline, after attending his mother's funeral over the weekend in his home town.

According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain's late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.

"I was surprised," Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. "So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.

"I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team."

It turned out to be the latter as the Lille goalkeeper was expelled from the camp. It took the intervention of Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick to resolve the situation and Enyeama was allowed to remain with the squad.

The goalkeeper has, however, indicated it is unclear if he will continue to represent Nigeria

http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/265 ... oliseh-row

I don't care what new team Sunday Oliseh is trying to build.
No coach succeeds with this style of management.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Muyiwa thanks for the gist however I must ask, is this you reporting or is it an editorial? The only slight issue I have is that you seem to have integrated your personal opinion and interpretation into the facts.

I would've first reported exactly what happened so each person can come to their own independent conclusions, then subsequently in a separate post added my tuppence.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:This excerpt is from Collin Udoh's report on ESPN:

Enyeama arrived at the Nigeria camp on Tuesday, one day past Monday's deadline, after attending his mother's funeral over the weekend in his home town.

According to reports, Oliseh was unhappy about his captain's late arrival and demoted him at a team meeting after dinner, naming CSKA Moscow forward Ahmed Musa as the new captain.

"I was surprised," Enyeama, who has 101 Nigeria caps to his name, told ESPN FC. "So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.

"I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team."

It turned out to be the latter as the Lille goalkeeper was expelled from the camp. It took the intervention of Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick to resolve the situation and Enyeama was allowed to remain with the squad.

The goalkeeper has, however, indicated it is unclear if he will continue to represent Nigeria

http://www.espnfc.com/nigeria/story/265 ... oliseh-row

I don't care what new team Sunday Oliseh is trying to build.
No coach succeeds with this style of management.
Arm chair punditry is different from coaching and managing personalities..... VE should retire, he has served the country well and has the highest number of caps, which is scary. How do you treat your most capped player this way? Is it because he came a day late because of his mother's burial. Shame on Oliseh!