SPUDS Fans on CE- Are Spurs Fans Racist?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
SPUDS Fans on CE- Are Spurs Fans Racist?

Post by MI5 »

Soldier of Fortune...
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

I didn't know Adebayors dad washed elephants :P
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

OGASIR .. adebayor's father is dead which makes the chant all the more pitiful. I couldnt believe my eyes and ears when my senses were abused with that rubbish.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/309759.aspx

I apologize and am ashamed of the idiotic Spurs fans who want to drag the club's reputation in the mud. I can only hope that you do not view us as them. Those idiots are sick.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Here is more M15 - it has caused quite a stir when most Spurs fans found out.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/295482.aspx
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Sir Cristao,

It's one thing to hate a team but to go that low is sickening. I didn't even know his dad had passed away until now. May his soul continue to rest in peace. These are the same English fans who would resent if anyone made fun of Bobby Moore or any other former English player. This is how racist behaviours and ways begins before it escalates to a full blown act. I hope the Spurs organisation denounce all this stupid chants and seperate themselves from it. So disgusting... :evil: :twisted: :shock:

Sir Cristao wrote:Here is more M15 - it has caused quite a stir when most Spurs fans found out.

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/295482.aspx
Soldier of Fortune...
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

It is wrong and I am ashamed by it but I think it's stretching it to call Spurs' fans racist, probably some proportion as the general population
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sadly, that is nothing. They have said wrose things about the likes of Vieira, Rocastle etc. etc. You should hear the songs they sing to Wenger and our players at the Lane.

The problem is as Spuds supporters have watched Arsenal success and growth under Wenger, a large section of them have become demented with bitterness and hate. When you add Sol's defection to Arsenal because he wanted to wins things and he ended up winning more silverware than Spuds have won for the past part of 30 years, you can see why for a lot of them it is now pure hatred. Spuds fans will even try to intimidate you in North London when they see you in your top. It has happened to me a few times and I have fought fire with fire. But there should not be a need for such confrontation.

I use to go watch games at the Lane before but my last experience there was terrible, I am surprised the Spuds supporters have not killed an Arsenal supporters yet in that fixture. Do not get me wrong, not all Arsenal supporters are angels. We Gooners laugh about it because we love how it is hurting them but it must be said, there should be no place for such hate in football.

It must be said, that the Manure fans are the worst offenders. You should hear the songs they sing to Liverpool about Hillsborough disaster, or what they sing to Wenger and what they sing about other clubs. The club has never once tried to control their fans. This is why many fans felt it was rich and hypocritical for Manure to expect other fans to respect their Munich minute silence. At Wembley before the Switzerland game, the minute silence did not 20 seconds before the ref interupted it because the fans in the stadium were having a go at Manure.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:Sadly, that is nothing. They have said wrose things about the likes of Vieira, Rocastle etc. etc. You should hear the songs they sing to Wenger and our players at the Lane.

The problem is as Spuds supporters have watched Arsenal success and growth under Wenger, a large section of them have become demented with bitterness and hate. When you add Sol's defection to Arsenal because he wanted to wins things and he ended up winning more silverware than Spuds have won for the past part of 30 years, you can see why for a lot of them it is now pure hatred. Spuds fans will even try to intimidate you in North London when they see you in your top. It has happened to me a few times and I have fought fire with fire. But there should not be a need for such confrontation.

I use to go watch games at the Lane before but my last experience there was terrible, I am surprised the Spuds supporters have not killed an Arsenal supporters yet in that fixture. Do not get me wrong, not all Arsenal supporters are angels. We Gooners laugh about it because we love how it is hurting them but it must be said, there should be no place for such hate in football.

It must be said, that the Manure fans are the worst offenders. You should hear the songs they sing to Liverpool about Hillsborough disaster, or what they sing to Wenger and what they sing about other clubs. The club has never once tried to control their fans. This is why many fans felt it was rich and hypocritical for Manure to expect other fans to respect their Munich minute silence. At Wembley before the Switzerland game, the minute silence did not 20 seconds before the ref interupted it because the fans in the stadium were having a go at Manure.
Waffiman, you're making out every Arsenal rival fans to be bad and Arsenal to be good. I'm sure each set of fans have stories to tell.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

i wouldnt say they are really racist sha.... they just say stuff that is as hurtfull as possible when in football mode....

you will be surprised the sort of guy that goes to a stadium filled with so much hate.. then sings that song .. and then goes out after to hang out with his togolese friends...

football fans .. what can i say ...
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Sadly, that is nothing. They have said wrose things about the likes of Vieira, Rocastle etc. etc. You should hear the songs they sing to Wenger and our players at the Lane.

Waffiman, you're making out every Arsenal rival fans to be bad and Arsenal to be good. I'm sure each set of fans have stories to tell.
Nope! Arsenal fans in general laugh at Spuds fans because they can see why the Spuds lot are bitter and twisted.

I am not saying all Arsenal fans are angels but I have noticed a lot of the nasty Spuds songs that were sang 10 to 15 years ago at Highbury are not being sang anymore at the Emirates. Why? The club will not tolerate it and there is not need for such songs as we are always on top and doing far better.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman
Please stop being a hypocrite for once in your life. Arsenal fans are no worse or better than Spurs fans
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 72,00.html
"'We've got Cesc Fabregas, you yids are scared of gas'

Arsenal fans at Spurs, September
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

toyin pls ignore Waffi's comments. The fact is he has the ammo due to those dumb 'Spurs' fans..

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

toyin133 wrote:Waffiman
Please stop being a hypocrite for once in your life. Arsenal fans are no worse or better than Spurs fans

Nothing hypocritical there, I mentioned not all Arsenal suppoters were angels. But at the emirates, we do not do such chanting. At Spuds you do and your management do nothing to stop it.

That chanting above, I heard was a few Arsenal supporters at the away end in response to one of the most vile and racist chanting to Cesc from the whole stadium. Spuds fans have vile racist song for all our best players. I wonder why? :P :P :P :P

I have said some Arsenal supporters are no angels. Especially some of the ones who go to the Lane looking for a fight.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:

Nothing hypocritical there, I mentioned not all Arsenal suppoters were angels. But at the emirates, we do not do such chanting. At Spuds you do and your management do nothing to stop it.

That chanting above, I heard was a few Arsenal supporters at the away end in response to one of the most vile and racist chanting to Cesc from the whole stadium. Spuds fans have vile racist song for all our best players. I wonder why? :P :P :P :P

I have said some Arsenal supporters are no angels. Especially some of the ones who go to the Lane looking for a fight.
Your feeble attempts to justify such vile abuse is pathetic.
A minority of both Spurs and Arsenal fans engage in racist abuse and such abuse diminishes everyone of us. How difficult is this for you to understand?
ps Tottenham takes a strong, public line against offensive chanting
see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 729342.stm
Danny Blanchflower
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

A minority of both Spurs and Arsenal fans engage in racist abuse and such abuse diminishes everyone of us. How difficult is this for you to understand?
It is one thing to say you will do something about it, it is another to do something about it. I have been to your stadium and I know and have friends who still go. I know for a fact, the vile and racist chanting there is not the minority, it is a huge majority and it is still ongoing, at least when Arsenal come to get their customary three points..

That kind of thing will never happen at the Emirates.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:
It is one thing to say you will do something about it, it is another to do something about it. I have been to your stadium and I know and have friends who still go. I know for a fact, the vile and racist chanting there is not the minority, it is a huge majority and it is still ongoing, at least when Arsenal come to get their customary three points..

That kind of thing will never happen at the Emirates.
If it makes you feel good about yourself
Danny Blanchflower
jus2nang
Egg
Egg

Post by jus2nang »

toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

That's a load of b*******. I used to work as a steward at the shi*thole and the only time that the nature of chants was brought up as an issue to clamp down on was when the league threatened to dock points for the anti-Campbell chants (this was during 05/06 season). That lasted about 2 weeks, after that all was forgotten and fans say what they want.

Clamp down my a***.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I thought racism had been eliminated from EPL stands? :lol:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is quite dis speakable for fans to be chanting such vile things. What is worse is for any fan to claim their club is innocent of such behaviour when it is pointed out that such act exist and continues to go on in their club.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Guys these happen in every ground. Sadly, there are some very cynical chants going on at the stadium and no set of fans is any better than the other. It's people i.e. fans of particular teams that engage in vile chants not stadiums so it doesn't matter where you are. Utd fans take on Liverpool as regards Hillsborough, and the scousers also have chants to mock the Munich air disaster. Even Man Shitty fans have chants on munich despite having a former player die in the accident. It's a two way street.
I think we should be wise and not try to hold fort for an entire fan base. Rather be to them than being for them. Afterall you only get tens of thousands at the ground on a given day, whereas there are millions.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

YUJAM wrote:I thought racism had been eliminated from EPL stands? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
jus2nang
Egg
Egg

Post by jus2nang »

Killa Adjei wrote:
It comes nowhere near the out and out monkey chanting heard on a regular basis at grounds around Spain....

In Spain nobody would even kick up a fuss. Note how Eto'o was fined more for his Real Madrid outburst than clubs get fined for racism in Spain....
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

jus2nang wrote:
Killa Adjei wrote:
It comes nowhere near the out and out monkey chanting heard on a regular basis at grounds around Spain....

In Spain nobody would even kick up a fuss. Note how Eto'o was fined more for his Real Madrid outburst than clubs get fined for racism in Spain....
I know that, Spain has their own problem to deal with but going by what some say here on this forum and elsewhere you would think this sort of stuff never happens in England..
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final