Is Olofinjana that good?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

seyi is good with room for improvement and his physic A plus.
who no know go know.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Seyi is only 23 and he has the combination of physique and speed that many teams are searching for. Plus he is very intelligent and will learn quickly - you can see that if you watch him play or see him interviewed. The fella is sharp.

He was definitely cutting his game to coaches instructions at ANC - be a role player and keep it simple. Plus you'd really have to see the league here - not athletic at all - to understand that going back to AC his passes would be off becuase the pace of players must have beem much faster than what he dealth with all season. THAT is exactly why he needs to get out of Norway before its too late.

Not surprising that Sochaux is interested. He reminds me most of Oruma: not a playmaker and not a DM just and old fashioned all-round midfielder. If a decent team - with a good teaches as coach - can buy him they will get their money back 5-fold within 23 years. Sochux will be fine, but I hope he can go to Ajax, Arsenal or Auxerre or somewhere like that....
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Ziontrain wrote:Seyi is only 23 and he has the combination of physique and speed that many teams are searching for. Plus he is very intelligent and will learn quickly - you can see that if you watch him play or see him interviewed. The fella is sharp.

He was definitely cutting his game to coaches instructions at ANC - be a role player and keep it simple. Plus you'd really have to see the league here - not athletic at all - to understand that going back to AC his passes would be off becuase the pace of players must have beem much faster than what he dealth with all season. THAT is exactly why he needs to get out of Norway before its too late.

Not surprising that Sochaux is interested. He reminds me most of Oruma: not a playmaker and not a DM just and old fashioned all-round midfielder. If a decent team - with a good teaches as coach - can buy him they will get their money back 5-fold within 23 years. Sochux will be fine, but I hope he can go to Ajax, Arsenal or Auxerre or somewhere like that....
I am not suprised at all at these offers.
who no know go know.
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Seyi's market value has increased because of wearing the green white and green shirt.

That said, he is still raw not just in passing but in timing his tackles. But on the plus side he has strength and physical presence. With polishing he can be a good midfield player.
kennola
Egg
Egg

Post by kennola »

A lot folks on this forum just post stuff for the sake of posting. If Seyi is not that good then these clubs will not after him. Also, we should all remember he has just spent a season outside the NPL.

Seyi is a qualified Chemical Engineer who played for LAUTECH and Kwara United all through his university days and left the country after his NYSC. I have watched him play for LAUTECH before I graduated and knew that he will make it big one day. Really, he just like Viera to me when I saw him the. Of course, that was univeristy football, but it doesn't take a reall genious to know that this guy has a lot of talent. I strongly believe that moving to any of these clubs will make a better player for the eagles.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Yujam, can you please tell us then why all these clubs are after Seyi? Why is he the most sought after Eagle today?

Surely all these clubs cannot be blind. By the way, can you imagine what Yujam would do to this site if all of a sudden Obodo became flavour of the month?

I for one am also an Obodo fan and look forward to the day we will have a coach who will understand the principle of two anchormen and play them in there together. Then and only then are we on the path to progress.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo, thanks to your overhying, folks came down hard on Seyi after he had a respectable ANC. 95% of his passes meant for kanu? nice try... don't get me started bro. I like Seyi and wish the best for the brother cause we need an enforcer badly and he fits the bill. But, the guy had an average ANC at best. zero to nill accuracy in passes... unnecessarily rough tacking... to mention a few... perhaps you can blame kanu or jj for the PK gifted tunisia... every one and their folks clearly read jj's lips after we went ahead in the 70th min... "be careful" ... "don't take chances"... or something to that effect... the rest is history... but given that, I love the bobo. He's got great hustle and stamina and is pretty physical... but to say the least, he needs some polishing... and he needs Ayo to tone down his overhyping. 8)
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

green4life wrote:Ayo, thanks to your overhying, folks came down hard on Seyi after he had a respectable ANC. 95% of his passes meant for kanu? nice try... don't get me started bro. I like Seyi and wish the best for the brother cause we need an enforcer badly and he fits the bill. But, the guy had an average ANC at best. zero to nill accuracy in passes... unnecessarily rough tacking... to mention a few... perhaps you can blame kanu or jj for the PK gifted tunisia... every one and their folks clearly read jj's lips after we went ahead in the 70th min... "be careful" ... "don't take chances"... or something to that effect... the rest is history... but given that, I love the bobo. He's got great hustle and stamina and is pretty physical... but to say the least, he needs some polishing... and he needs Ayo to tone down his overhyping. 8)
Spot on o jare, the guy was DISAPPOINTING, I wish him all the luck in the World but if his performances in the ANC are anything to go by, then i fear he won't cut it in France or Scotland. Just because some foreign scouts are interested in him does not mean he is suddenly good. I have my own eyes to see.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Check the equation,Most guys on this forum say Chuckwu is no good, He gives Olufi a chance & he shines to these EURO managers that so many of you guys literaly worship & still theres questions on his ability.You cant please every body.Iam happy with his ability & I wish him a bright future.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Did Ayo overhype this guy? Yes. But Ayo has nothing better to do and Seyi is a young player still learning his craft - NOT Edgar Davids or Patrick Viera.

Will Seyi become a top footballer? Yes. He just requires a team where there is a coach with tactical/teaching skills and a league where he can get good competition day in day out. If anything you should be surprised that he wasn't worse after spending a whole season in the crap Norwegian League.

But don't sleep on Seyi - he's gonna become one of our most reliable and valuable SE players over the next 6-8 years. Mark my words.....
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I suppose it was my overhyping that also make European coaches latch on to him., Chei! my mouth sweet o!

Green4Life and Airwolex, does this mean that if I overhype you guys on this site, all these clubs may start chasing after you too? These guys know what they saw.

Seyi did not shine as much as he should of because he was playing under a crap formation, with a crap coach and with a lazy targetman who did not chase after his passes. Seyi was under strict instructions to just win the ball and either pass it short to JJ or hit the targetman.

How do you shine like a thousand stars under those circumstances? Imagine Seyi playing in central midfield alongside Roy Keane with Van Nistelroy and Saha making intelligent runs for him!
humphrey ngando
Egg
Egg

Post by humphrey ngando »

IN France Football Magazine tuesday 9/03/04 edition, MONACO are also interested.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

humphrey ngando wrote:IN France Football Magazine tuesday 9/03/04 edition, MONACO are also interested.
Please ignore all these naysayers. We saw Monaco yesterday. Did they have any anchorman of Seyi's quality?
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Seyi can only get better. If with the terrible ANC performance (like some folks want us to believe) he is still attracting clubs that are almost guaranteed champions league spot, imagine what he will cause in two years time when he has fully matured.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Talk IT wrote:Seyi can only get better. If with the terrible ANC performance (like some folks want us to believe) he is still attracting clubs that are almost guaranteed champions league spot, imagine what he will cause in two years time when he has fully matured.
He will probably cause Ayo to be a louder and richer man.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

No one is mentioning JUSTICE CHRISTOPHER any more. Does he still figure in the Super Eagles plans? To me Christopher had a better outing in the World Cup than Olofinjana had at the ANC.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Kojak
Egg
Egg

Post by Kojak »

I don't know who wrote that on this forum (dat Olofinjana was one of the worst SE players in Tunisia). I have seen every match from the start to the end and i was impressed by the form of Olofinjana. He is the perfect replacement for Sunday Oliseh. Great talent...he could be a "Nigerian Vieira". Before the tournament he had a great seson in norway, scoring 9 goals for his team. His coach said that he is too good for the Norvegian league. Justice Christopher had a serious injury, he must play first for his new team, then he can come to the NT. But at the moment Olofinjana is much better an I don't think that someone will take his place in the SE starting line-up in the upcomming years.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:(1) Dammy, I do not know where you got it from that Seyi was one of the worst players in Tunisia
(2) For the umpteenth time, Seyi is one of the few genuine two-way midfielders Nigeria currently has
(3) All this talk about Seyi's passing is arrant nonsense. About 95% of those passes were meant for Kanu. Had he been making the necesary runs, those passes would have loked world class.
(4) Seyi was the player most put inder pressure by Chukwu in Tunisia. He was given specific instructions not to do anything else other than stop the opposition play and pass the ball on.
(5) Over the next two years, do not be surprised to see Seyi develop into another Patrick Viera.
(6) Had Seyi played with another anchorman like say Obodo or Ekong, you guys would have seen have good he really is
(7) In case you did not know, Seyi is one of the few Nigerian midfielders who can score 10 goals a season
(8) All of Seyi's contemporaries are commanding fees of about £3m. Any sensible club would consider Seyi a bargain at $1m.
(9) I challenge you critics to name me one other Nigerian midfielder with Seyi's physical presence. He is the one player who mputs his bulk in there and breaks up opposition attacks.
(10) According to Chunua Achebe, you know the chick that will develop into a cockereal from the very day the egg hatches. Five years ago, the likes of Davids, Viera, Seedorf, Emerson, Gerrard and Makalele were at the same stage as Seyi today.
Oh please, give me a break..So you were keeping his pass stats and you figured 95% of his passes were for Kanu? I'll leave that one alone. But on the real, the dude has potential but you need to stop comparing him to Viera even down the road. He needs to tidy up his passes, and watch his tackles. Other than that, he is okay.
AgentFifa
Egg
Egg
Seyi

Post by AgentFifa »

Ziontron ...Norwegian Crap League...please. That league is great for developing new skills, discipline, confidence, for playing regular football, for making a name etc.

I just checked Nigeria-S.Africa match.

Seyi is ok player. I expected more of him after reading your replies.

The guy has solid technique, good both legs, positioning, strong in the air, teamplayer, athletic, etc.

He does not spectacular things thought. There are many players in nigerian premier league that can do the same job. But he can develop a lot in the future. Never world class. He is not that type of character. You need mothafuck attitude and bigger ego. Maybe he should spend more time with Okocha.