JJ has been invited for Niger match...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

aruako1 wrote:
Da Chief wrote:Eguavoen is beginning to show traits of Chukwu. not for recalling Okocha but for the invitation of conference George Abbey. We've gone this route before and the end was disastrous, why again are we taking a failed path? I will like to believe there is at least one dependable nd reliable right back in the Nigerian league or in some backyard team in Lagos.
I think you are spot on here. The local league is there to act as a supply point for the national team. Instead of picking a lower league player I think we should select a player from the league. What is the incentive for players to go and play in the top leagues if they know they can get a call up whilst playing for Port Vale? As an Enyimba fan for give me if I am biased but I think Yosuf Mohammed was consistent in that position for a few seasons and also offers a good attacking option. Dont know if he is still at Enyimba but surely he deserves a chance?

My reservations notwithstanding (and I am also opposed to Okocha's return by the way) I think Eguavoen should be allowed time to make his mistakes and learn from them.

They have a Nigerian based right back on the squad already in Ekene Emigo, who is now the guy at Enyimba. I love Yusuf also, but he is playing in the Sudan now, and while my guess is that he is doing well there, I am not sure of his form. Anyhow, George Abbey is a better player than Yusuf, and in the absence of Odiah, he is our best right back.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

mystic wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Da Chief wrote:Eguavoen is beginning to show traits of Chukwu. not for recalling Okocha but for the invitation of conference George Abbey. We've gone this route before and the end was disastrous, why again are we taking a failed path? I will like to believe there is at least one dependable nd reliable right back in the Nigerian league or in some backyard team in Lagos.
I think you are spot on here. The local league is there to act as a supply point for the national team. Instead of picking a lower league player I think we should select a player from the league. What is the incentive for players to go and play in the top leagues if they know they can get a call up whilst playing for Port Vale? As an Enyimba fan for give me if I am biased but I think Yosuf Mohammed was consistent in that position for a few seasons and also offers a good attacking option. Dont know if he is still at Enyimba but surely he deserves a chance?

My reservations notwithstanding (and I am also opposed to Okocha's return by the way) I think Eguavoen should be allowed time to make his mistakes and learn from them.

They have a Nigerian based right back on the squad already in Ekene Emigo, who is now the guy at Enyimba. I love Yusuf also, but he is playing in the Sudan now, and while my guess is that he is doing well there, I am not sure of his form. Anyhow, George Abbey is a better player than Yusuf, and in the absence of Odiah, he is our best right back.
Thanks for the info. Ive been away for 3 years and only get Enyimba's results from kickoffnigeria website. My point is that even if George Abbey is good he should not be invited if he plays for a team as lowly as Port Vale. All the time we hear about players seeking a move away from their clubs just to improve their national team chances. That incentive is not there if they know they will be picked wherever they play. Abbey should go abroad, maybe to France or even Portugal and I dare say Belgium for him to be considered. But then again its just my opinion.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Why is it so surprising that JJ has being recalled? Even if na Oyinbo coach dey there, Oga would have being begged back, especially with injury to 3 key players, Oba being the latest.

Instead of condemning Oga for willing to honor the invitation, we should commend him for being a great patriot willing to go back on his word and heed his fatherland call :).
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Yummy
Egg
Egg

Post by Yummy »

My take on this one is that , if JJ is perectly fit and in good condition then why not use him in the squad ? The likes of Makelele etc still lacw there boots for France and other countries............. I don't see anything wrong in having 1or 2 players in there 30's to bring some much needed experience to the squad. we're talking just 2 out of a possible 23man squad.......

If Oga can still motivate the team and he is committed to the job at hand i reckon we should embrace him with both hands, afterall we were the ones lambasting his refusal to show for some qualifiers ....Now bobo want put things right and we all dey hala... I no understand my fellow country men ........nawa for us sha.

Toxicarrow wrote:I was present in the media centre of the stadium in Stuggart when openly declared to the Nigerian press that he has retired from the international soccer. He said that he was no longer needed in the national team. His time has passed, he said.

Basically, like Gotti, I questioned the authencity of this story. A cross section of Nigerian press are notoriously for "creating stories out of their imagination."
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

:lol:

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Its a Goal wrote:Why is it so surprising that JJ has being recalled? Even if na Oyinbo coach dey there, Oga would have being begged back, especially with injury to 3 key players, Oba being the latest.

Instead of condemning Oga for willing to honor the invitation, we should commend him for being a great patriot willing to go back on his word and heed his fatherland call :).
If we have to beg Oga to come play Niger at home because we have three injured players then we are in trouble as a footballing nation. :(
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

You just don't get it do you? We need a reliable captain. JJ is a fair weather player who will pick and choose games to play. Do you think JJ will be available for the return leg in Niger? I can bet you he will not. With JJ in the way we cannot name a new permanent and dedicated captain to build the new team around and move forward. The very reason why Beckham resigned his captain's armband even before he was pushed was to allow the new manager to build a new team with a new regular captain that is a 1st choice player. Okocha is holding us back from doing that.
Yummy wrote:My take on this one is that , if JJ is perectly fit and in good condition then why not use him in the squad ? The likes of Makelele etc still lacw there boots for France and other countries............. I don't see anything wrong in having 1or 2 players in there 30's to bring some much needed experience to the squad. we're talking just 2 out of a possible 23man squad.......

If Oga can still motivate the team and he is committed to the job at hand i reckon we should embrace him with both hands, afterall we were the ones lambasting his refusal to show for some qualifiers ....Now bobo want put things right and we all dey hala... I no understand my fellow country men ........nawa for us sha.

Toxicarrow wrote:I was present in the media centre of the stadium in Stuggart when openly declared to the Nigerian press that he has retired from the international soccer. He said that he was no longer needed in the national team. His time has passed, he said.

Basically, like Gotti, I questioned the authencity of this story. A cross section of Nigerian press are notoriously for "creating stories out of their imagination."
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Robbynice wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Why is it so surprising that JJ has being recalled? Even if na Oyinbo coach dey there, Oga would have being begged back, especially with injury to 3 key players, Oba being the latest.

If we have to beg Oga to come play Niger at home because we have three injured players then we are in trouble as a footballing nation. :(
I've known this for a while..
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

oak
Egg
Egg

Post by oak »

Was it really Egu's decision to invite Oga. if so, then Egu must go as I agree he is clueless. I was one of his supporters until this decision. However, I am not sure the decision was truly his alone.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Nigeria's case is pathetic.

...and yet we keep claiming we can beat a full-fledged Ghanaian side. Thank God the last friendly was called off!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

aruako1 wrote:
mystic wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Ive been away for 3 years and only get Enyimba's results from kickoffnigeria website. My point is that even if George Abbey is good he should not be invited if he plays for a team as lowly as Port Vale. All the time we hear about players seeking a move away from their clubs just to improve their national team chances. That incentive is not there if they know they will be picked wherever they play. Abbey should go abroad, maybe to France or even Portugal and I dare say Belgium for him to be considered. But then again its just my opinion.
It's not as easy as all that and it's not a perfect World. Two seasons ago Abbey was out of football. He had left lower league side Macclesfield and was banking on his stint as Nigerias' right back at the 2004 ANC to get a good clubside, but it didn't work out. Rather than rue the fact that he is playing for a lower division club, I am rather grateful that we have a player of his quality and experience able to step in for Odiah. The guy is a solid player and a capable deputy.
jpek33
Egg
Egg
JJ is NOT FIT!!!

Post by jpek33 »

Yummy wrote:My take on this one is that , if JJ is perectly fit and in good condition then why not use him in the squad ?

JJ is NOT FIT

just read this:

http://qatarolympics.org/topics/index.a ... 99B584823A}
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

aruako1

I think players have more personal reasons to seek bigger clubs than their desire for international invitations. I think it's more true that players seek international action to help them move to bigger clubs than the opposite.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oak wrote:Was it really Egu's decision to invite Oga. if so, then Egu must go as I agree he is clueless. I was one of his supporters until this decision. However, I am not sure the decision was truly his alone.
Dude, with all DUE respect...
If you switch sides each time you disagree with just one decision...
Then the mirror beckons in your apparent search for the clueless!
:oops:
<
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Robbynice wrote:

U "posted" my mind! :D
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

This is good news. We need Oga Okocha back on the team. Nigeria soccer has been suffering without him. He needs to show these young guys how the game should be played. Obi needs to learn from Oga so he can take over in two years. A good move by Eguavoen. Jayjay for life!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Gotti wrote:
GUEST wrote:IKECHUKWU UCHE OUT INJURED.
Thanks for the info...
Dammy wrote:We need a good coach!!!!
Judging by RECORDS, rather than passports...
We already have a darn good coach!

<
GOTTI:

Yes, we now have a darn good LCC (Lazy Clueless Coach) following closely in the path of the one and only CCC...
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Gotti wrote:
oak wrote:Was it really Egu's decision to invite Oga. if so, then Egu must go as I agree he is clueless. I was one of his supporters until this decision. However, I am not sure the decision was truly his alone.
<
KPOM!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
carbon
Egg
Egg

Post by carbon »

Gotti wrote:
Then the mirror beckons in your apparent search for the clueless![/
size] :oops:
<

chei ! this one fit break one's jaw.
Kargamania
Egg
Egg

Post by Kargamania »

Robbynice wrote:
Gotti wrote:
<
KPOM!
This is a shame! If the decision to invite JJ Okocha was not Eguavoen's, then what is he still doing there knowing fully well that he is not in charge?? Another CCC?? Are we ever going to learn anything? Why are some people so bent on destroying our collective pride in SE simply because of their ego? Let's get an FC if our LCs don't have the balls to stand their ground! Is it by force to have a local coach?

If we see nothing wrong in leaving our shores to work in foreign lands, why are we so egomaniac to have a foreign coach handling our team - all we need is a true coach that knows his onions - foreigner or not! Afterall, many of us are foreigners somewhere today. 2010 is around the corner - we saw a lot of KPOMs in support of CCC before Germany 2006 but we never got there!
But instead of going out of the pitch Odinga seized the card from referee Sabitu and flashed it back at the referee. It took the intervention of Sharks' assistant coach, Nduka Ndubuisi before the card was retrieved from the player and handed back to the referee.
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

mystic wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
mystic wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

It's not as easy as all that and it's not a perfect World. Two seasons ago Abbey was out of football. He had left lower league side Macclesfield and was banking on his stint as Nigerias' right back at the 2004 ANC to get a good clubside, but it didn't work out. Rather than rue the fact that he is playing for a lower division club, I am rather grateful that we have a player of his quality and experience able to step in for Odiah. The guy is a solid player and a capable deputy.
Fair enough but as a point of principle he should not need to play in the national team to get a good club. he should get busy with his agent and get a few trials. if you support the selection of Port Vale player how can you oppose him tomorrow if he decides on a Malta based eleven