I May Not Need Yobo, ANC Stars against TUNISIA - Ikhana

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
I May Not Need Yobo, ANC Stars against TUNISIA - Ikhana

Post by VINDAVE »

As the trio of Joseph Yobo, Osaze and John Utaka who have been called by the NFA for the last group Olympic Match against Tunisia junior Eagles cried out to be left out according to source closed to NFA, Coach Kadiri Ikhana the U-23 Handler has started looking beyond the trio to prosecute the last match. In his words, "I want to win the game against Egypt and after that I will plan for Tunisia. It is most likely that the crop of foreign-based players we invited for the game agaisnt Egypt will be fielded for the final game if they do well. So we may not need those who played in the Nations Cup."

THOSE ARE THE WORDS OF A FOCUS COACH.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

MEANWHILE:

The TICKET PRICE for the U-23 Olympic Match involving the Nigeria and Egypt tomorrow Saturday 13th in PORT HARCOURT (LIBERATION STADIUM) has been fixed as follows:

1. Popular side: =N=200.

2. VIP: =N=500.

The match is slated for 4pm Nigerian Time.
fledi
Egg
Egg

Post by fledi »

It does not matter who shows up against Tunisia in Tunis, We will not qualify because we played poorly against Tunisia in Nigeria by drawing 1-1, and we lost to Senegal after we had the lead in Dakar due to poor coaching.
fledi
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

fledi wrote:It does not matter who shows up against Tunisia in Tunis, We will not qualify because we played poorly against Tunisia in Nigeria by drawing 1-1, and we lost to Senegal after we had the lead in Dakar due to poor coaching.
kai, imagine if we had won that game in Dakar. :|
Nothing spoil sha. We go qualify
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Should Senegal & Tunisia draw,Nigeria will win by at least 2 goals,Then its all in their hands.I wouldnt be too disheartened at this moment in time. At worst Senegal could win at home we will go topm on goal different. Any way AS I SAY
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Concentrate on what you have Coach!
mystic

Post by mystic »

So those buffoons at the NFA still haven't got the message that Yobo is overaged. What a joke!
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Aside from their parochial ways, it is a known phenomenon tha LCs have a penchant for using established and overaged stars.

....So the much touted IKhana wants the ANC 2004 team to beat Tunisia under 23 ??

...and CCC is not heeding Fela's warning that "when trouble sleep, and yanga go wake am, na wahala.... e dey find" by inviting Oliseh back to the SE.

Whilst my patrotic instinct says we should use our own, these guys just keep yarning "OPAK"
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

We need our best qualified players for the last game in Tunisia. Especially those who have experience of playing against hostile North African teams..

I assure you Tunisia will be very ready, and our players better be prepared for the worst atmosphere they've ever played in...
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I just heard Tunisia may be fielding Santos, Jaziri and Bouwazizi as their three over age players in the match in Tunis against Nigeria. I thought teams can only do that in the Olympics itsef! May be this Tunisian friend just dey blow smoke up my #$%!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Undertaker wrote:I just heard Tunisia may be fielding Santos, Jaziri and Bouwazizi as their three over age players in the match in Tunis against Nigeria. I thought teams can only do that in the Olympics itsef! May be this Tunisian friend just dey blow smoke up my #$%!
You better believe it...I'm not sure about the rules though..but if it is allowable...Tunisia will do anything to go to the Olympics...

I thought Yujam said they used two players from their ANC team today...
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Yes they did Md but the two player may be under 23!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mystic

Post by mystic »

MD,

Yobo is not age eligible for the U-23 team. There is no point doing battle with his clubside for a player who is ineligible for the squad to begin with. The more the NFA mention his name in connection with the Tunisia game, the more they continue to look like a bunch of clowns. Furthermore, if we were ever stupid enough to field Yobo we would simply be disqualifying ourselves( the rule that applies to using 3 overaged players is only for the Olympic Games proper).

Now if I were to try to strengthen our squad for the all important game in Tunis I would be looking at the following players. Mind you I'm not suggesting that we invite all these players. Rather, this is the player pool from which about 7 or 8 players can be brought in to bolster the team.

GOALIES: Vincent Enyeama, Greg Etafia

DEFENDERS: Joseph Enakarhire, Harrison Omokoh, Micheal Nnaji

MIDFIELDERS: Uche Kalu, Chris Obodo, Osaze Odemwegie, Adebowale Ogungbure, Femi Opabunmi

FORWARDS: John Utaka, Aliyu Mohammed, Menasseh Ishiaku, Ayodele Makinwa, Emmanuel Okoduwa
Last edited by mystic on Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

mystic wrote:MD,

Yobo is not age eligible for the U-23 team. There is no point doing battle with his clubside for a player who is ineligible for the squad to begin with. The more the NFA mention his name in connection with the Tunisia game, the more they continue to look like a bunch of clowns. Furthermore, if we were ever stupid enough to field Yobo we would simply be disqualifying ourselves( the rule that applies to using 3 overaged players is only for the Olympic Games proper).

Now if I were to try to strengthen our squad for the all important game in Tunis I would be looking at the following players. Mind you I'm not suggesting that we invite all these players. Rather, this is the player pool from which about 7 or 8 players can be brought in to bolster the team.

MIDFIELDERS: Uche Kalu, Chris Obodo, Osaze Odemwegie, Adebowale Ogungbure, Femi Opabunmi

FORWARDS: John Utaka, Aliyu Mohammed, Menasseh Ishiaku, Ayodele Makinwa
Mystic, I'm in full agreement with you. That is why I qualified my statement with "qualified" by which I meant "eligible"

And I will look at that pool you chose for experience going into the Tunisia match..this is not a game to toy with..I hope Ikhana allows common sense rather than pride to rule... The only pool player I would add will be Ejide since he plays in Tunisia..
mystic

Post by mystic »

mister dolly wrote:
mystic wrote:MD,

FORWARDS: John Utaka, Aliyu Mohammed, Menasseh Ishiaku, Ayodele Makinwa
Mystic, I'm in full agreement with you. That is why I qualified my statement with "qualified" by which I meant "eligible"

And I will look at that pool you chose for experience going into the Tunisia match..this is not a game to toy with..I hope Ikhana allows common sense rather than pride to rule... The only pool player I would add will be Ejide since he plays in Tunisia..

MD,

Ejide was originally on my list, especially as he plays in Tunisia. However, I remembered that he has not seen much action of late, due to injury and time off, so I don't know if he'll be in the type of form that you want. I did add Okoduwa to my list.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

I think that if ikhana goes to tunis withthe present team and wins then he'll be making a very strong point...secondly the man seems confident in the team that he has now..

but persoally i woud like to see the likes of osaze and utaka in the team....

If aghahowa was willing would u guys want him in the U-23 squad|? persoanlly i wouldn/t, the man should keep his dry spell in Ukraine..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

HAWKEYE wrote:Aside from their parochial ways, it is a known phenomenon tha LCs have a penchant for using established and overaged stars.
HAWKEYE:
Do you mean as Johannes Bonfrere did at Atlanta '96?! :P
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Niaja won the match so the tickets was worth it :mrgreen:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^