Messi was on the bench, while Mikel actually started

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Killa Adjei wrote:Messi scored even though he came off the bench, that is what matters!

Is Messi not a forward? Isn't that what he gets paid for to score goals? So what's the bruhaha all about?

While Mikel gets paid to be a play maker. Different jobs and reponsibilities my friends. "Get over it"
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

stop that comparison messi is wonerful if he was a nigerian you will never compare them,its like comparing yakini to weah or saying that platini was better that maradona all play well but one is better,that is why you best player
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

CMS wrote:
Killa Adjei wrote:Messi scored even though he came off the bench, that is what matters!

Is Messi not a forward? Isn't that what he gets paid for to score goals? So what's the bruhaha all about?

While Mikel gets paid to be a play maker. Different jobs and reponsibilities my friends. "Get over it"
Thank you CMS. Some stuffy heads in this forum and all non-welcomers form across the borders will dish out a "Rush Limbough" one sided and blind arguements here, to scorn Naija. They can't even tell the differences in responsibilities in their functions. Ewu part-time jobbers.
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Igugu wrote:
CMS wrote:

Thank you CMS. Some stuffy heads in this forum and all non-wilcomers form across the borders will dish out a "Rush Limbough" one sided and blind arguements here. They can't even tell the differences in responsibilities in their functions. Ewu part-time jobbers.
Who do you think you are insulting? I made a statement, did I mention Obi's name in my statement. If you dont know someone's life, do not go insult, you dont know me and I dont know you!
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Messi was on the bench, while Mikel actually started

Post by General Trousers »

They actually ended yesterday. Messi has already won the CL (as well as WYC and has scored 2 WC goals in addition the the 2nd round of the WC)
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I hope all this talk about comparisons between Mikel and Messi will end today. By any standards you want to use, they are at the same stages of their careers.

Tonight, Mikel started while Messi sat on the bench. Meanwhile, he came on in the second half for Eto'o who has appeared to pick up a rather serious injury. I am sure you will all join me in wishing Eto'o a speedy recovery.

Meanwhile, let us examine the Nigerians who played in the Champions League this weekend:

Yusuf Ayila
Ifeanyi Udeze
Mikel Obi
Joe Enakarhire
Richard Eromogbie
Osaze Odemigwe

Out injured
Chidi Odiah

Not played
Julius Aghahowa
Emmanuel Okoduwa
Haruna Babangida
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And in the past few weeks, how many times has the reverse been the case Ayo? Ever the over-observant, judgemental analyst, you have once again, let the rabied cat out the bag! Messi has played in a world cup, champions league final, and won a number of trophies, wheres Obi's...played vs. Stoichkov FC. Please, enough pf your nonsense. Read it yourself before you press submit, if it makes sense to you, it means it wont to the rest of us, and at that point...log off, shutdown and take the plug out the socket!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Can I just remind you all that we are comparing two youngsters who were the stars of Holland 2005. They are the same age, both play fpr big clubs and can be regarded as contemporaries by any yard stick you want to use.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Igugu wrote:
CMS wrote:

Thank you CMS. Some stuffy heads in this forum and all non-welcomers form across the borders will dish out a "Rush Limbough" one sided and blind arguements here, to scorn Naija. They can't even tell the differences in responsibilities in their functions. Ewu part-time jobbers.
CMS and Igugu, who do you have to blame, is those that gave their feedback or the man who asked for the responds? Ayo needed not to have started this arguement or comparison. They both play diff. role and even though they are agemates in footie, they live diff kind of life, play in diff league with diff clubside. The only thing that put them alike is that they are both fantastic and have the quality of being the world best in the nearest future.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE is that MESSIE will meet MIKEL face to face on the pitch as they progress in this CL... then it will be more delighted to watch the show of two young stars in the world once again.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can I just remind you all that we are comparing two youngsters who were the stars of Holland 2005. They are the same age, both play fpr big clubs and can be regarded as contemporaries by any yard stick you want to use.
...As too was Quincy Owusu, so i do hope you've catipulted him to this exaggerated stauts too? Then there was Lee Ching Chang Walla walla Bing Bang, from Japan, Asian player of the tournament, cant rule him out of the equation!

...Ayo, please, for your own sake, read your posts before you press submit! Im guessing Fabregas is too in the same row as Obi right? I mean, whats 50 odd games for Arsenal at the top level, compared to flying fishing with Lars Bohinen, after all, they both played in the youth world cup.

...Obi starts one game vs. Bohemian Rhapsody FC and the whole of Nigeria has a heart murmur!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Though a Nigerian,i hate to say this.There is no basis for comparison,Messis is technicaly better than Obi,his input for Barcelona against Werder says it all.Obi is good,but,i'll appreciate if we'll halt Obi's shrining.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I hope all this talk about comparisons between Mikel and Messi will end today. By any standards you want to use, they are at the same stages of their careers.

Tonight, Mikel started while Messi sat on the bench. Meanwhile, he came on in the second half for Eto'o who has appeared to pick up a rather serious injury. I am sure you will all join me in wishing Eto'o a speedy recovery.

Meanwhile, let us examine the Nigerians who played in the Champions League this weekend:

Yusuf Ayila
Ifeanyi Udeze
Mikel Obi
Joe Enakarhire
Richard Eromogbie
Osaze Odemigwe

Out injured
Chidi Odiah

Not played
Julius Aghahowa
Emmanuel Okoduwa
Haruna Babangida
this is Mikel's first start, while messi already has a medal..puleese
Egg
Egg

Post by Malandro »

Vindave wrote:ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE is that MESSIE will meet MIKEL face to face on the pitch as they progress in this CL... then it will be more delighted to watch the show of two young stars in the world once again.
Well.............I hope so too but from the current trend of things, it seems more likely the two will only meet when JMO gets of the bench to hand the ball back to Messi on the side line for a Barca throw-in.
maddock
Egg
Egg

Post by maddock »

Vincent. wrote: Where is the comparison?

Messi was on the bench because of Barca's rotation system while Mikel was lucky to be playing his first match of the season.

Messi has won a league title and the Champions League, he has also playerd in the World Cup.

What has Mikel done other than to play one full official match for Chelsea?

Meanwhile, Messi came off the bench to decide the outcome of the match with an excellent atatcking display.
Abeg bro fix the mistake ooo. Na 60 or so minutes Obi play not full match. Having said that he did pretty well especially satrting in enemy territory on the European stage. He just needs more exposure and confidence, but it looks like he has the backing of big bros Essien and Drogba. Whic is what african players in the same team need to start doing for one anoda. I like the way Drogba gave Obi a word about not being scared to go into thhe tackle.
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

I don't think Mikel will start if they face Barca!
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Mzungu
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzungu »

YoungLion wrote:
Unisol wrote:Messi scored and obi did not!!!
Danke!! 8-)
If you hadn't realised Messi is a striker and Obi is not!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Coach wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Can I just remind you all that we are comparing two youngsters who were the stars of Holland 2005. They are the same age, both play fpr big clubs and can be regarded as contemporaries by any yard stick you want to use.
...As too was Quincy Owusu, so i do hope you've catipulted him to this exaggerated stauts too? Then there was Lee Ching Chang Walla walla Bing Bang, from Japan, Asian player of the tournament, cant rule him out of the equation!

...Ayo, please, for your own sake, read your posts before you press submit! Im guessing Fabregas is too in the same row as Obi right? I mean, whats 50 odd games for Arsenal at the top level, compared to flying fishing with Lars Bohinen, after all, they both played in the youth world cup.

...Obi starts one game vs. Bohemian Rhapsody FC and the whole of Nigeria has a heart murmur!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Coach wrote:Please, enough pf your nonsense. Read it yourself before you press submit, if it makes sense to you, it means it wont to the rest of us, and at that point...log off, shutdown and take the plug out the socket!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

rock3t wrote:Let's stop celebrating mediocrity guys.... i mean C'mon, 60 minutes against a Bulgarian(?) team?

How many of you here would put your money on him making the bench versus Barca? Exactly!
Making the bench? How much do you want to bet?

It is on if you are game.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Malandro wrote:
Vindave wrote:ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE is that MESSIE will meet MIKEL face to face on the pitch as they progress in this CL... then it will be more delighted to watch the show of two young stars in the world once again.
Well.............I hope so too but from the current trend of things, it seems more likely the two will only meet when JMO gets of the bench to hand the ball back to Messi on the side line for a Barca throw-in.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you my brotha.....u cudnt have said it any betta....

Talk about prematured ejaculation.......Obi gets to start a game against Levski Sofia... that Mourinho didnt rate at all..... cuz he knew dats fo sho three points in the bag... peeps are coming here to run thier mouth abt Obi this... betta than messi cuz he started a game big deal.....

Same Obi.... dat yaya toure.. turned into a passenger at the ANC 06........
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Coach wrote: ...As too was Quincy Owusu, so i do hope you've catipulted him to this exaggerated stauts too? Then there was Lee Ching Chang Walla walla Bing Bang, from Japan, Asian player of the tournament, cant rule him out of the equation!

Why dont you STFU....Why should there not be noise? When a 18/19 year old South American player does something, Morons like you join the hype machine raving and ranting all over the place.... :evil: :x

A Nigerian Wonderkid gives an assured performance and gets an assist in his debut in the Champions league, and you dont want us to make Noise?

- Did Messi/Fabregas or whoever score on his Champions league debut?

I remeber this time last year, when Messi was playing for Barca and Obi was still caught in transfer wahala, some people were revelling at the predicament our boy was in...Now he gets himself on track and you dont want us to speak? Look if you aint happy with it, dont contribute to this thread...Better still stay away from CE...

Rubbish, Nonsense... :evil: :x :evil:
To God be the glory
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Skylolo wrote:
Coach wrote: ...As too was Quincy Owusu, so i do hope you've catipulted him to this exaggerated stauts too? Then there was Lee Ching Chang Walla walla Bing Bang, from Japan, Asian player of the tournament, cant rule him out of the equation!

Why dont you STFU....Why should there not be noise? When a 18/19 year old South American player does something, Morons like you join the hype machine raving and ranting all over the place.... :evil: :x

A Nigerian Wonderkid gives an assured performance and gets an assist in his debut in the Champions league, and you dont want us to make Noise?

- Did Messi/Fabregas or whoever score on his Champions league debut?

I remeber this time last year, when Messi was playing for Barca and Obi was still caught in transfer wahala, some people were revelling at the predicament our boy was in...Now he gets himself on track and you dont want us to speak? Look if you aint happy with it, dont contribute to this thread...Better still stay away from CE...

Rubbish, Nonsense... :evil: :x :evil:
Hahahaha, Skylolo don vex.

'Nways I always wonder about this Ghanaians and Cameroonians that get angry when Nigerians shrine Nigerian players on a Nigerian forum. I mean its like getting upset because a mother loves her child....typical Bushman African behaviour.

At the end of the day, who the feck is Messi and why th hell should we give a feck about him and most importantly, is he God that we can't compare Obi to him...una dey craze true true!