Eguavoen not good enough - Alabi Aisien

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Eguavoen not good enough - Alabi Aisien

Post by Toxicarrow »

Eguavoen not good enough - Aisien
By ONYEWUCHI NWACHUKWU & DELE OJO
Sunday, October 8, 2006

• Eguavoen
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section
Veteran Coach, Alabi Aisien, has sensationally declared that the Super Eagles deserve a coach, who is better than Augustine Eguavoen.

Aisien, whose coaching career spanned over four decades, told Sunday Sunsport in an exclusive interview in Benin that the present Eagles coaches do not possess any tactical and technical superiority over the players in the team.

“Nigeria need a technically sound manager and I feel the coaches we have now don’t fall into this category,” began the former Insurance of Benin handler.

“All the Eagles coaches are not ripe enough for the job they have been given, and that’s because they are still largely inexperienced.

“They should still be coaching at club level and not at the national team. They still need to understudy more experienced coaches.

“If you look at the record of these coaches, you’ll realize that they have not coached any big club at any level, which should be the criteria to coach the national team.”
Apparently advocating for the hiring of a foreign coach to handle the Eagles, the Edo State-born tactician was emphatic in his opinion that Eguavoen and his assistants were not the ripe coaches for the job.

“Eguavoen and his assistants do not have what it takes to give the Eagles the necessary exposure the team needs.

“We tend to give more respect to a foreign coach than a local coach, but to be objective, we have done better under a foreign coach than the local coach,” he said.
Aisien also made a critical review of the coaching profession in the country and concluded that most coaches have not done enough to improve themselves.

“Most of our coaches are not really doing the job the way it should be done. To be a good coach, one needs to be above the player he is coaching.
“Some coaches have been in the profession for more than 15 years, but have remained at the same level as when they started.

“These days, coaches are not ready to learn, their programme can easily be predicted by their players because they stick to the same pattern of training programme.

“When I was coaching, I made it a point of duty to upgrade myself every year. I normally save enough money to attend a coaching course, which has helped me even uptill this moment.
“Coaches get good money from clubs these days, but the problem is that they are not ready to invest some of the money to upgrade themselves.

“That’s why clubs don’t respect our coaches. Our coaches are being used and dumped because they don’t have enough knowledge.” Aisien revealed.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

He is not saying anything some folks on CE havent figured out yet. Kudos to him for having the courage to say it though.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eguavoen not good enough - Alabi Aisien

Post by aruako1 »

Toxicarrow wrote:Eguavoen not good enough - Aisien
Sunday, October 8, 2006

• Eguavoen

Veteran Coach, Alabi Aisien, has sensationally declared that the Super Eagles deserve a coach, who is better than Augustine Eguavoen.

Aisien, whose coaching career spanned over four decades, told Sunday Sunsport in an exclusive interview in Benin that the present Eagles coaches do not possess any tactical and technical superiority over the players in the team.

“Nigeria need a technically sound manager and I feel the coaches we have now don’t fall into this category,” began the former Insurance of Benin handler.

“All the Eagles coaches are not ripe enough for the job they have been given, and that’s because they are still largely inexperienced.

“They should still be coaching at club level and not at the national team. They still need to understudy more experienced coaches.

“If you look at the record of these coaches, you’ll realize that they have not coached any big club at any level, which should be the criteria to coach the national team.”
Apparently advocating for the hiring of a foreign coach to handle the Eagles, the Edo State-born tactician was emphatic in his opinion that Eguavoen and his assistants were not the ripe coaches for the job.

“Eguavoen and his assistants do not have what it takes to give the Eagles the necessary exposure the team needs.

“We tend to give more respect to a foreign coach than a local coach, but to be objective, we have done better under a foreign coach than the local coach,” he said.
Aisien also made a critical review of the coaching profession in the country and concluded that most coaches have not done enough to improve themselves.

“Most of our coaches are not really doing the job the way it should be done. To be a good coach, one needs to be above the player he is coaching.
“Some coaches have been in the profession for more than 15 years, but have remained at the same level as when they started.

“These days, coaches are not ready to learn, their programme can easily be predicted by their players because they stick to the same pattern of training programme.

“When I was coaching, I made it a point of duty to upgrade myself every year. I normally save enough money to attend a coaching course, which has helped me even uptill this moment.
“Coaches get good money from clubs these days, but the problem is that they are not ready to invest some of the money to upgrade themselves.

“That’s why clubs don’t respect our coaches. Our coaches are being used and dumped because they don’t have enough knowledge.” Aisien revealed.
Thanks for posting the opinion of the all knowing Alabi Aisien who has won several titles at club and international level and even recently won the World Cup. I think he is an old fool for coming out to casigate a fellow coach so publicly. As an elder he should have known where to direct his comments rather than in the press
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Aruako1,
Which one you dey ??? Who tells you that Alabi has not shared this view with his coleagues in private. lt is obviuos you arent interested in the truth anyway.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

aruako1 wrote:
Sunday, October 8, 2006

• Eguavoen

Thanks for posting the opinion of the all knowing Alabi Aisien who has won several titles at club and international level and even recently won the World Cup. I think he is an old fool for coming out to casigate a fellow coach so publicly. As an elder he should have known where to direct his comments rather than in the press
You might not like the views of Aisien, but calling him a fool is out of place. What has he said that has not been said here by folks on this forum? Does that mean everyone that says Eguavoen is not up to the task is a fool in your own world?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

WINNERMAN wrote:Aruako1,
Which one you dey ??? Who tells you that Alabi has not shared this view with his coleagues in private. lt is obviuos you arent interested in the truth anyway.
So you can provide a dossier on my interests now and from that dossier truth is not one of my interests? It is also apparent that once somebody disagrees with your views then you conclude that something is wrong with that person. This is an opinion board and I have stated my piece on Alabi Aisien. Keep your comments to that my opinion by stating your agreement or otherwise.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Toxicarrow wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Sunday, October 8, 2006

• Eguavoen

You might not like the views of Aisien, but calling him a fool is out of place. What has he said that has not been said here by folks on this forum? Does that mean everyone that says Eguavoen is not up to the task is a fool in your own world?
No because in that case Id be calling my own blood brother a fool. I called him a fool based on the fact that the timimg of his statement and the fact that he has come out in the oress to say it is stupid based on the fact that he is regarded as an elder. It is not his opinion but the timing and forum that is foolish. may people here do not like the coach but I have never called anybody on this forum a fool
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Need I say more? :D :D :D :D :D :D
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Who cares about your interests??? Your contributions on this forum has clearly marked you out as someone who doesnt care about the truth. That is my impression. The more you write, the more you prove it. Alabi expressed his opinion and you called him a fool becos his views dont tally with yours.

aruako1 wrote:
So you can provide a dossier on my interests now and from that dossier truth is not one of my interests? It is also apparent that once somebody disagrees with your views then you conclude that something is wrong with that person. This is an opinion board and I have stated my piece on Alabi Aisien. Keep your comments to that my opinion by stating your agreement or otherwise.

Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Toxicarrow wrote: “When I was coaching, I made it a point of duty to upgrade myself every year. I normally save enough money to attend a coaching course, which has helped me even uptill this moment.
Well this is a very good point - that the coaches need more ongoing training. But while I accept his poitn that not enough do invest their own money to take courses, some of this should also be borne by the NFA.

All this money the NFA are chopping from FIFA and from international transfers is specifically for the development of the game in their local country - it is not merely spoils to be used to line their own greedy pockets. And that also means investing in the skills of coaching personnel.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

WINNERMAN wrote:Who cares about your interests??? Your contributions on this forum has clearly marked you out as someone who doesnt care about the truth. That is my impression. The more you write, the more you prove it. Alabi expressed his opinion and you called him a fool becos his views dont tally with yours.

aruako1 wrote:
You obviously care about my interests seeing that you are dissussing them. I did not call Aisien a fool because of his opinion. As i said earlier it was the timing. For instance you do not tell a child who has been newley orphaned that his parents were bad even if that is your honest opinion. All Im saying is that on the eve of an important qualifier it is foolish for an elder to come out nad say what he did.
Last edited by aruako1 on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Toxicarrow wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Sunday, October 8, 2006

• Eguavoen

He is a fool. He need to go back to Ghana and take care of his boy Micheal :roll:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Sunday, October 8, 2006

• Eguavoen

oh oh...another Pa Oni don dey come o...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Hmmnn...,
So you know when the interview was conducted ???

aruako1 wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:Who cares about your interests??? Your contributions on this forum has clearly marked you out as someone who doesnt care about the truth. That is my impression. The more you write, the more you prove it. Alabi expressed his opinion and you called him a fool becos his views dont tally with yours.

You obviously care about my interests seeing that you are dissussing them. I did not call Aisien a fool because of his opinion. As i said earlier it was the timing. For instance you do not tell a child who has been newley orphaned that his parents were bad even if that is your honest opinion. All Im saying is that on the eve of an important qualifier it is foolish for an elder to come out nad say what he did.

aruako1 wrote:

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

aruako1 wrote:
How come you failed to notice this in your own attitude? Go and read about the basics of Logic, it will do you a lot of good. You don't have to call the old man a fool simply because you disagree with his position.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

WINNERMAN wrote:Hmmnn...,

aruako1 wrote:

aruako1 wrote:
It was published in todays paper. A logical conclusion would be that it was conducted very recently. Usually where this is not the case the article usually advises accordingly. I still insist that he should not have gone to the press. Eguavoen should be like a son to him and he should not come out to undermine a serving coach. Like another poster has mentioned here this reeks of Onigbinde's highly successful job snatching tactics 4 years ago.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

You are assuming too much my friend. And why are you still suggesting that he didnt talk to Egu in private ??? Again, l say, you are making too many assumptions,which serves your purpose but betrays your motivation.

aruako1 wrote:

aruako1 wrote:

aruako1 wrote:
It was published in todays paper. A logical conclusion would be that it was conducted very recently. Usually where this is not the case the article usually advises accordingly. I still insist that he should not have gone to the press. Eguavoen should be like a son to him and he should not come out to undermine a serving coach. Like another poster has mentioned here this reeks of Onigbinde's highly successful job snatching tactics 4 years ago.

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

WINNERMAN wrote:You are assuming too much my friend. And why are you still suggesting that he didnt talk to Egu in private ??? Again, l say, you are making too many assumptions,which serves your purpose but betrays your motivation.

aruako1 wrote:

aruako1 wrote:

aruako1 wrote:
And what my dear friend is my motivation other than to see my team do well? I have made an assumption that an interview published today was conducted recently. There is no mention of a private phonecall to Eguavoen. Again his position as a coach means that I can also assume that by publicly criticising the incumbent and suggested a more experienced replacement he is impliedly endorsing himself as a potential replacement. Mere assumptions you might say but most people would agree they are reasonable assumptions
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Eguavoen Should Resign

Moments after news of the Super Eagles 1-0 victory over Lesotho on Sunday filtered in, a terse reaction to the outcome of the match has come with coach Augustine Eguavoen asked to resign his position as head of the team’s technical crew.
Chief Jude Ezechukwu is a former member of the board of the Nigeria Football Association, NFA.

The President of Jasper Untied Football Club told Nigeriansportsonline.com:

“I tell you with all sense of responsibility and patriotism that beating Lesotho just 1-0 is a bad result.

“There is no way Nigerians don’t deserve a wider-margin victory considering the big gap between the two countries.

“Our players are not only playing for top teams in Europe but they are doing well in the top leagues there.

“But ask me the name of any of the players of Lesotho and I will not be able to mention even one, because they are not household names like our boys.

“Also, in the FIFA ranking we are 11 while Lesotho is 144, so what are we talking about.

“So, if it is just 1-0 that a team of such super star players can beat a team like Lesotho, then something is wrong with the coaching.

]“Eguavoen should resign now!

“We need a foreign coach.”

BY VINCENT ALUMONA
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

aruako1 wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:You are assuming too much my friend. And why are you still suggesting that he didnt talk to Egu in private ??? Again, l say, you are making too many assumptions,which serves your purpose but betrays your motivation.

aruako1 wrote:

aruako1 wrote:

aruako1 wrote: So you can provide a dossier on my interests now and from that dossier truth is not one of my interests? It is also apparent that once somebody disagrees with your views then you conclude that something is wrong with that person. This is an opinion board and I have stated my piece on Alabi Aisien. Keep your comments to that my opinion by stating your agreement or otherwise.
And what my dear friend is my motivation other than to see my team do well? I have made an assumption that an interview published today was conducted recently. There is no mention of a private phonecall to Eguavoen. Again his position as a coach means that I can also assume that by publicly criticising the incumbent and suggested a more experienced replacement he is impliedly endorsing himself as a potential replacement. Mere assumptions you might say but most people would agree they are reasonable assumptions
You are just wasting your time.
some guys here have hated Eguavoen with so much vernom from the very first day so you wont go far with them.
Alabi might not be a fool but is obviously canvassing for the elderly generation like himself and pa oni by reducing Egu, Siasia and Amokachi.
let someonre tell him about Klinsmann.
Last edited by megapro on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Toxicarrow wrote:Eguavoen Should Resign

Moments after news of the Super Eagles 1-0 victory over Lesotho on Sunday filtered in, a terse reaction to the outcome of the match has come with coach Augustine Eguavoen asked to resign his position as head of the team’s technical crew.
Chief Jude Ezechukwu is a former member of the board of the Nigeria Football Association, NFA.

“I tell you with all sense of responsibility and patriotism that beating Lesotho just 1-0 is a bad result.

“There is no way Nigerians don’t deserve a wider-margin victory considering the big gap between the two countries.

“Our players are not only playing for top teams in Europe but they are doing well in the top leagues there.

“But ask me the name of any of the players of Lesotho and I will not be able to mention even one, because they are not household names like our boys.

“Also, in the FIFA ranking we are 11 while Lesotho is 144, so what are we talking about.

“So, if it is just 1-0 that a team of such super star players can beat a team like Lesotho, then something is wrong with the coaching.

BY VINCENT ALUMONA
Enechukwu did not show his patriotism under the previous coaches.
eguavoen took Nigeria to the 11th position and has gone to Lesotho to collect 3 points.
Westerhof, Bonfere all of the FCs went to ethiopia, sierra-leonne etc and could not even get a point.
Last edited by megapro on Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Toxicarrow wrote:Eguavoen Should Resign

BY VINCENT ALUMONA
Opaks! Football is not mathematics and this jasper president thinks it is? Yeah, he should just stay at Jasper fc!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eguavoen must go! Take it or leave it!