YAKUBU USED TO BE A PAINTER!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Gotti i am surprised that "Aiyegbeni is listed as being born in 1981", since he was billed as a "nineteen year old" when he was signed by Portsmouth.

Also he was "17 years old" when he played in the Sydney 2000 Olympics... so if he is 23 now.....does that mean he has aged 6 years in the space of 3 calendar years?!! hmmm....
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti correction. Aghawonder worked as a policeman.

Guys, why do you come up with all these conspiracy theories about our footballer's age. It is most unfair. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mufu baba iyabo
Egg
Egg
Location: Never mind what u've left behind,keep in mind what u're yet to find"

Post by mufu baba iyabo »

Though I find it very difficult to doubt your post, but a senior Fuga man who once based in Benin and now my christian brother once told me recently that Aghahow use to be at Wasotan Junction with Police Uniform then. I still find it difficult to accept." VINDAVE :roll: :lol:

I can't stop laughing at this man called VINDAVE :lol: so Julius dey collect egunje for yuction :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
"Heineken refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach". "Nos nihil effisere non possimus"- "To us Nothing is impossible"
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Waffiman, I am not coming out with conspiracy theories....just pointing out that Aghahowa was 13 when he first started playing pro football...and that Yakubu was 17 years old in 2000.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:Gotti correction. Aghawonder worked as a policeman.
Guys, why do you come up with all these conspiracy theories about our footballer's age. It is most unfair. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
WAFFI:
Negative. Apart from the fact that I can track Aghahowa's career from his secondary school days to his first club at Akure, he has himself publicly clarified his Police Machine interregnum.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

wiseone wrote:Gotti i am surprised that "Aiyegbeni is listed as being born in 1981", since he was billed as a "nineteen year old" when he was signed by Portsmouth.

Also he was "17 years old" when he played in the Sydney 2000 Olympics... so if he is 23 now.....does that mean he has aged 6 years in the space of 3 calendar years?!! hmmm....
Actually, he is listed as being born in November 1982, which would make him 22 years old.
mufu baba iyabo
Egg
Egg
Location: Never mind what u've left behind,keep in mind what u're yet to find"

Post by mufu baba iyabo »

Too many magicians in Naija :oops: :shock: :shock:
"Heineken refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach". "Nos nihil effisere non possimus"- "To us Nothing is impossible"
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Ijapa wrote:Den which player dem say bgi Armed Robber before?
Fadiga....and still is. Atleast uptill almost 2 years ago- the bobo even get shriners, could you believe?
You are Your Own Dog
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Den which player dem say bgi Armed Robber before?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Uzoma, pls stop this malicious rumor. As Gotti stated, JAg was never a policeman. He played for the police Machines. I grew up in Benin, so i know.
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

Taribo was never an armed robber. Haba! He may have a hard look that scares attackers, but that does not make him an armed robber. He was a body builder and weight lifter sometimes in Lagos, in addition to his soccer career. He lifted the most weight and was very humble and approachable. He exhibited a lot of leadership qualities and everyone in the weight room respected him. He is incredibly strong and we will need him for the 2006 World Cup once we qualify. He is a calming influence on the younger generation of Eagles.
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

I think he will probably end his career in one of the EPL clubs. Which one, I don't know.
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Ola34 Tarbo was a thug in Pitakwa but as God will have it football changed his life.Its like similar stories a lot of rappers tell.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
tribalfootball.com
Egg
Egg

Post by tribalfootball.com »

so what is the big deal if he is a painter after all Amaral a member of the bronze medal brasilian team used to be shoe maker.
Jesus loves u
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Gotti wrote:
wiseone wrote:Gotti i am surprised that "Aiyegbeni is listed as being born in 1981", since he was billed as a "nineteen year old" when he was signed by Portsmouth.

Actually, he is listed as being born in November 1982, which would make him 22 years old.

...ok so he aged 5 years in 3 years then! ...
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

even if na police nko!!!
at least he don dey use soccer money chop
instead of egunje
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

wiseone wrote:...ok so he aged 5 years in 3 years then! ...
WISEONE:
There is no official document that lists Aiyegbeni as 17 years old in 2000. Rather than "age 5 years in 3 years," I would humbly suggest that you subscribe for glasses.
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Gotti,

Actually, Aiyegbeni is still "21" if you can believe that. Apparently, the guy was a painter at 13. It could happen, afterall, Kanu left school at 14 as well.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Good at least he'll have a second career when retires from chaising football... 8)
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

They should leave him alone, atleast now he is richer than most of them so abeg leave him how they should leave beckham alone.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

If you see Aiyegbeni, asked him when he finished from Edokpolo grammar school, I really do not want to go on with age thing for personal reasons. but the answer to that question will draw you closer to the truth.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

TD wrote:Gotti,
Actually, Aiyegbeni is still "21" if you can believe that. Apparently, the guy was a painter at 13. It could happen, afterall, Kanu left school at 14 as well.
TD:
Please stop jumping into the middle of an ongoing conversation and making a snot of yourself. I have never said that Aiyegbeni is 21 or in fact any other age. I do not know the guy's age and therefore cannot vouch for it (nor indeed anyone else's)!

Nevertheless, the ironically-named Wiseone listed him as 20 years old, to which I noted (and clearly prefaced same "without prejudice" to its veracity or otherwise) that Aiyegbeni is actually LISTED as being born in 1982.

Apparently either you and Wiseone have invented a new math formula unknown to the rest of the civilized world or some folks are just too pig-headed to pause and listen. And btw: why on earth would anyone resurrect a four-month-old thread?! :shock:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

TD wrote:Gotti,

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nigeria is truly a wonderful country when it comes to ages..........I mean, if anyone wants to doubt it all you have to do is take one look at the pictures of the 3SC players and the ages they listed along with them......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.