Rebirth of Leventis United!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Rebirth of Leventis United!

Post by Otitokoro »

Masteroudes Re-Assembles Nigeria’s Premier Club

Monday, February 19, 2007

Top ex-Nigerian International players based in Europe and America will be recalled for the rebirth of the one time Nigeria’s glamorous clubside, Leventis United. Former manager of the club is planning a special event that may culminate in the revival of the club once co-sponsored by Coca Cola, reports Keresifon Essien, Euro Bureau Chief.

Elaborate plans are underway to re-assemble the defunct sensational Leventis United Football Club of Ibadan, which was disbanded twenty years ago.

Leventis United ruled Nigeria football scene between 1983 and 1987, winning all the available trophies in the land, ranging from the FA cup, Leagues titles from division three, two to one as well as Champion of Champions Unity cup, finalists of 1985 African cup of winners competition.

The Ibadan soccer lords, however, featured star players such as captain Mathew Onyeama, James Etokebe, Wole Odegbami, Uwem Ekarika, Andrew Uweh, Friday Ekpo, Kingsley Onye, Edward Ansah, John Benson, Abdullahi Alausa, Chibuzor Ehilegbu, Femi and Segun Olukanmi, Emmanuel Akpan, Sam Pam, Bunmi Adigun, etc.

The coach Jossy Lad tutored team, which truly introduced the idea of professional football in Nigeria, was, however, disbanded at the end of the 1987 football season, having won the National division one League title for the second time.

And now, the proprietor of the disbanded Ibadan team,Mr. John Mastoudes wants to re-assemble all the players who featured for Leventis United between 1983 and 1987 in Nigeria for a happy re-union party, which he described as "Leventis United Old Boys".

Mastroudes hinted Africansportsdigest.com in Abuja in a super exclusive interview that he intends to summon all his Leventis United players leaving in Nigeria and abroad to report in camp later this year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the club's disbandment.

"I intend to gather all my boys in Nigeria this year for a big happy re-union party. The meeting will be rounded off with a football match between my boys and a selected side. I'm yet to decide where and when to host them. For now, I'm still planning and consulting.I'll let you know as soon as the details are being worked out." Mastroudes hinted Africansportsdigest.com.

When contacted, the Norway-based ex-Leventis Unitedleft winger, James Etokebe expressed willingness to attend the Leventis United Old Boys summit in the country when ever he is being invited, describing Mastroudes as his" god father who nurtured him to greatness".

"That will be great. It will be a happy re-union when all of us meet again after 20 years. I'll be glad to play in the proposed novelty match," said Etokebe.

Etokebe who retired from active football in 1996 at Mondalen FC of Dramman, Norway, however, suggested that Leventis United old boys be made to face the Super Eagles of 1980 and 1994 Africa Nations winning squads in either Ibadan or Lagos.

Other ex-Leventis United stars who have signified intention to embrace the John Mastroudes "happy re-union train" include London-based Mathew Onyeama, Kingsley Onye and Wale Odegbami as well as Nigeria-based Uwem Ekarika, Sunday Iwuzor, Joseph Johnson, Friday Ekpo and Ini Udoidung.

Source: http://africansportsdigest.com/africand ... ge_id=1088
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

what a club, i knew Friday Ekpo, what a midfield player, this man was so technical gifted as a player!!!!

his range of passing was so a delight to watch
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Mastroudes hinted Africansportsdigest.com in Abuja in a super exclusive interview that he intends to summon all his Leventis United players leaving in Nigeria and abroad to report in camp later this year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the club's disbandment.
Why is this a cause for celebration? :?
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rebirth of Leventis United!

Post by Vindave »

Otitokoro wrote:Masteroudes Re-Assembles Nigeria’s Premier Club

"That will be great. It will be a happy re-union when all of us meet again after 20 years. I'll be glad to play in the proposed novelty match," said Etokebe.

why d celebration of 20yrs exit from the global scene???

i expect the club to be back on track though after the re-union.... but where will they start from?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

..MY VERY OWN IBADAN SHALL BE BACK ON THE MAP!RANGERS...WATCH YA BACK! :evil:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

I wonder if Andrew and Emmanuel have been contacted?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Yummy
Egg
Egg
Re: Rebirth of Leventis United!

Post by Yummy »

Otitokoro wrote:Masteroudes Re-Assembles Nigeria’s Premier Club

Top ex-Nigerian International players based in Europe and America will be recalled for the rebirth of the one time Nigeria’s glamorous clubside, Leventis United. Former manager of the club is planning a special event that may culminate in the revival of the club once co-sponsored by Coca Cola, reports Keresifon Essien, Euro Bureau Chief.

Elaborate plans are underway to re-assemble the defunct sensational Leventis United Football Club of Ibadan, which was disbanded twenty years ago.

Leventis United ruled Nigeria football scene between 1983 and 1987, winning all the available trophies in the land, ranging from the FA cup, Leagues titles from division three, two to one as well as Champion of Champions Unity cup, finalists of 1985 African cup of winners competition.

The Ibadan soccer lords, however, featured star players such as captain Mathew Onyeama, James Etokebe, Wole Odegbami, Uwem Ekarika, Andrew Uweh, Friday Ekpo, Kingsley Onye, Edward Ansah, John Benson, Abdullahi Alausa, Chibuzor Ehilegbu, Femi and Segun Olukanmi, Emmanuel Akpan, Sam Pam, Bunmi Adigun, etc.

The coach Jossy Lad tutored team, which truly introduced the idea of professional football in Nigeria, was, however, disbanded at the end of the 1987 football season, having won the National division one League title for the second time.

And now, the proprietor of the disbanded Ibadan team,Mr. John Mastoudes wants to re-assemble all the players who featured for Leventis United between 1983 and 1987 in Nigeria for a happy re-union party, which he described as "Leventis United Old Boys".

"I intend to gather all my boys in Nigeria this year for a big happy re-union party. The meeting will be rounded off with a football match between my boys and a selected side. I'm yet to decide where and when to host them. For now, I'm still planning and consulting.I'll let you know as soon as the details are being worked out." Mastroudes hinted Africansportsdigest.com.

When contacted, the Norway-based ex-Leventis Unitedleft winger, James Etokebe expressed willingness to attend the Leventis United Old Boys summit in the country when ever he is being invited, describing Mastroudes as his" god father who nurtured him to greatness".

Etokebe who retired from active football in 1996 at Mondalen FC of Dramman, Norway, however, suggested that Leventis United old boys be made to face the Super Eagles of 1980 and 1994 Africa Nations winning squads in either Ibadan or Lagos.

Other ex-Leventis United stars who have signified intention to embrace the John Mastroudes "happy re-union train" include London-based Mathew Onyeama, Kingsley Onye and Wale Odegbami as well as Nigeria-based Uwem Ekarika, Sunday Iwuzor, Joseph Johnson, Friday Ekpo and Ini Udoidung.

Dem 4get to add say Sampam dey and then there was Sampam JUNIOR.........Gosh those were the good old days...Leventis vs Abiola Babes!!!!