ARSENAL IS THE MOST IMPROVED TEAM IN THE EPL...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

phantomjournalist wrote:
Don't worry, after another season without a trophy in 2008/07, your tune will change and you will soon start calling for Arsene's head!

That was exactly what this thread was about before you came into it with your petty arguments.....

Wenger knows what he is doing and is moving in the right direction, we Goons who have seen teams built to win things know this. Just wait till next season....
To God be the glory
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Sir Cristao wrote:what an embarrassing thread .. 4 years trophyless and una don create another title - wut next Arsenal is the most searched team on Google?
Get your info correct. Arsenal last won a mojor trophy 3 season ago, not 4.

Besides, what happened to your 4th place CL place? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

viewtopic.php?t=102115
3 yrs big deal!! Still the same low performance. This thread is an embarrassment!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sorry this na yarn. The point is Wenger has made his point. you all said Arsenal were finished and will not be in the top 4, you all said Wenger had lost it and the plot but we can see you were all wrong. Wenger was very close to winning it all, in the CL we all saw what happened, in the league too we were not far off.

Wenger has achieved all of this without spending anything close to his competitors.
oloye wrote:Hmmmmm Arsenal fans having an orgy of masturbation.Typical doing what boys do, while men engage in the real deal. I hope you lads are enjoying it. Sorry i hate to barge in on the and steal the focus needed for the ultimate ejaculation, but i cannot help but note that something is wrong in what i see. What a pity, others are celebrating trophies , these boys are celebrating how they amassed more points.
Ok Ok , Sunderland were in the EPL two seasons ago, and they got relegated without winning a match, guess what this season they won a lot of matches, hey they even won a couple of away matches, what an improvement. I think no team has a better improvement on performance. I think West Ham did better this season as well, i can swear they got more points increase than what they got last year.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sir Cristao wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sir Cristao wrote:what an embarrassing thread .. 4 years trophyless and una don create another title - wut next Arsenal is the most searched team on Google?

viewtopic.php?t=102115
3 yrs big deal!! Still the same low performance. This thread is an embarrassment!
Get it right, we are not Spuds who claimed in their records they won a games which they lost. I see you lot are like your club which falsify records to look good. :P :P :P

That is rich coming from a spuds supporter. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Embarrassment is when you spend the most money in the league over the last 12 months, saying you will finist in the top four and you finish out of the top ten.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Sir Cristao wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=102115

Embarrassment is when you spend the most money in the league over the last 12 months, saying you will finist in the top four and you finish out of the top ten.
At least you dont see any Spurs fans doing a thread like your fellow gooner has done ... improvement - smells more like a moral victory and attention seeking thread..

As for my team's performance .. spent most money - thwacked your behinds so badly it caused beef btw Adebayor and Bendtner (did someone spit on somebody - DAMN!) .. Next season cometh - I hope you are ready for what Ramos is cooking!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Waffiman wrote:
Embarrassment is when you spend the most money in the league over the last 12 months, saying you will finist in the top four and you finish out of the top ten
Case Closed!

Spurs went from 60 points (06/07) to 46 points (07/08)....(-14 points :oops: :oops: )

Now that is progress right there! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sir Cristao wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sir Cristao wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=102115

At least you dont see any Spurs fans doing a thread like your fellow gooner has done ... improvement - smells more like a moral victory and attention seeking thread..

As for my team's performance .. spent most money - thwacked your behinds so badly it caused beef btw Adebayor and Bendtner (did someone spit on somebody - DAMN!) .. Next season cometh - I hope you are ready for what Ramos is cooking!!
That is because Spuds have made no improvement. You lot have little to make noise about, so when you top the table, you let everyone know.

See what I mean, you beat a reserve Arsenal team, your club even went and made a mug celebrating the fact that they beat an Arsenal team of youth and young players. This is what happens when David kills Goliath. You minnows, need something to hold on to desperately. Arsenal success means, it is not a compatition, it is not even a gap, it is a chasm. You lot know your level. So you dance like all your Christmases came once in 15 years. Before you beat our youth and reserve team, when was the last time you beat Arsenal in any game? :P :P :P

When we beat your first team with our young players the season before, it was no big deal, it was like we just gave Spuds their customary beating but this time it was our youth and reserve doing it. It is what we have come to expect, it is a natural order of things, like going to the toilet for example. Like we did when it mattered in the league at your ground 3-1 and the Emirates 2-1. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Sir Cristao wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sir Cristao wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=102115

That is because Spuds have made no improvement. You lot have little to make noise about, so when you top the table, you let everyone know.

See what I mean, you beat a reserve Arsenal team, your club even went and made a mug celebrating the fact that they beat an Arsenal team of youth and young players. This is what happens when David kills Goliath. You minnows, need something to hold on to desperately. Arsenal success means, it is not a compatition, it is not even a gap, it is a chasm. You lot know your level. So you dance like all your Christmases came once in 15 years. Before you beat our youth and reserve team, when was the last time you beat Arsenal in any game? :P :P :P

When we beat your first team with our young players the season before, it was no big deal, it was like we just gave Spuds their customary beating but this time it was our youth and reserve doing it. It is what we have come to expect, it is a natural order of things, like going to the toilet for example. Like we did when it mattered in the league at your ground 3-1 and the Emirates 2-1. :lol: :lol: :lol:
All this is plain poor yarns - most which is propaganda and preference engineering. This thread is an embarrassment.

Hope you have something better to post about at the end of next season rather than most improved team! :lol:

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Skylolo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Embarrassment is when you spend the most money in the league over the last 12 months, saying you will finist in the top four and you finish out of the top ten
Case Closed!

Spurs went from 60 points (06/07) to 46 points (07/08)....(-14 points :oops: :oops: )

Now that is progress right there! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yup real progress in increasing our trophy count and European experience.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Haba Waffiman if Arsenal almost won it what should Chelsea say. Anyways dont worry i know how it feels to be loyal to a good cause. I feel you my brother.
Waffiman wrote:Sorry this na yarn. The point is Wenger has made his point. you all said Arsenal were finished and will not be in the top 4, you all said Wenger had lost it and the plot but we can see you were all wrong. Wenger was very close to winning it all, in the CL we all saw what happened, in the league too we were not far off.

Wenger has achieved all of this without spending anything close to his competitors.
oloye wrote:Hmmmmm Arsenal fans having an orgy of masturbation.Typical doing what boys do, while men engage in the real deal. I hope you lads are enjoying it. Sorry i hate to barge in on the and steal the focus needed for the ultimate ejaculation, but i cannot help but note that something is wrong in what i see. What a pity, others are celebrating trophies , these boys are celebrating how they amassed more points.
Ok Ok , Sunderland were in the EPL two seasons ago, and they got relegated without winning a match, guess what this season they won a lot of matches, hey they even won a couple of away matches, what an improvement. I think no team has a better improvement on performance. I think West Ham did better this season as well, i can swear they got more points increase than what they got last year.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

You still nor wan gree. :D :D :D

No Arsenal person go tell you say dem happy about this season gone. The fact is, it has been disappointing because we won nothing. Having said that, there have been a lot of good things to take from the season. It has been a season of remarkable improvement when compared with the last, it has been a season when we all saw our young players can compete and be up there fighting for a long while.

It is not all doom and gloom, in fact there is quite a lot to be positive about and we will be winning soon and next season looks a real possibility for silverware.
oloye wrote:Haba Waffiman if Arsenal almost won it what should Chelsea say. Anyways dont worry i know how it feels to be loyal to a good cause. I feel you my brother.
Waffiman wrote:Sorry this na yarn. The point is Wenger has made his point. you all said Arsenal were finished and will not be in the top 4, you all said Wenger had lost it and the plot but we can see you were all wrong. Wenger was very close to winning it all, in the CL we all saw what happened, in the league too we were not far off.

akidi
Egg
Egg

Post by akidi »

WE ARE OKAY MY BROTHERS...U PEOPLE SHOULD TRY NOT TO CRY TOO MUCH FOR US...LET US WORRY ABOUT OUR TROPHYLESS SEASONS...WENGER HAS LEARNT HIS LEASSONS THIS SEASON...WATCH HIS MOVES THIS OFF-SEASON...WE WILL RELEASE PART 2 of THE INVINCIBLES NEXT SEASON

with the signing of players like GOMEZ, BEN AFRA, BENJEMA, VILLA, ZAPATA, YAYA
and
the return of injured players like ROSICKY, EDUARDO, SAGNA, RVP
and
the return of our young guns like VELA, MERIDA, GIBBS, we are okay...

Also, dont forget the resigning of our Grand-father, GILBERTO...
GUNNAS 4 LIFE BBBAAABBBYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We thought Obasi was the best player to play and that was the reason. I thought he did a very good first half but he got tired in the second half but he lived up to the expectation I had on him," Lagerback explaining why he started Obasi over Osaze...

Ol boy, Lagerbagger is suffering from acute malaria oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

several things now that i have calmed down.

1) since the days of the invisibles, 87 points seems to be the minimum to secure the title.

2) given our previous season performances, the team showed huge improvement

3) The main reason for disapointment is probably that the team showed (earlier than expected) what they are capable of.

4) with their good perfprmances we lost sight of the fact that they are truely improving.

5) I'm not sure of everyone else, but the reason i have come to like arsenal so many yeas ago is because of their football philosophy. i enjoy watching their games. And personaly i don t think the philosophy should be sacrificed for throphies. the throphies will come!
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Molue Conductor wrote:several things now that i have calmed down.

1) since the days of the invisibles, 87 points seems to be the minimum to secure the title.

3) The main reason for disapointment is probably that the team showed (earlier than expected) what they are capable of.

4) with their good perfprmances we lost sight of the fact that they are truely improving.

5) I'm not sure of everyone else, but the reason i have come to like arsenal so many yeas ago is because of their football philosophy. i enjoy watching their games. And personaly i don t think the philosophy should be sacrificed for throphies. the throphies will come!
Something else we changed this season. These stats are very interesting.

Excluding points from games between the top 4.

Arsenal 77 points
Chelsea 77 points
Man Utd 74 points
Liverpool 72 points

The whole "we drop too many points against teams we should not" sort of falls flat now IMHO.
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Waffiman wrote:Embarrassment is when you spend the most money in the league over the last 12 months, saying you will finist in the top four and you finish out of the top ten.
Muhahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waffiman, has hammered SPUDS muhahahahahahaha !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SPUDS SUCKS PHAT BALLZZZZ !!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

..... Arsenal for life ! :D
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Very well said. I really do not have time to banter with the "haters" (they seem more like closet Arsenal fans since they cannot stay away from any Arsenal thread). For me, winning is not everything. Okay Arsenal did not win a trophy this term but they sure took me on one hell of an emotional roller coaster and I loved it.

Winning a trophy this season would not have shut the haters up. If we had won the league they would have retorted you have not won back to back trophies. If we had won the champions league they would have retorted you have only won it once after sooo many attempts. If we had won the FA cup they would probably have retorted that we had the luck of the draw. If we had won the league cup they would have said that it does not count. There is really nothing that can shut the haters up so we really have to try and ignore some of their juvenille rants.

Personally I would like to say a big thank you to Arsenal for one heck of a season and I can't wait until August comes around so that we can do it all over again.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

slyk wrote:

Very well said. I really do not have time to banter with the "haters" (they seem more like closet Arsenal fans since they cannot stay away from any Arsenal thread). For me, winning is not everything. Okay Arsenal did not win a trophy this term but they sure took me on one hell of an emotional roller coaster and I loved it.

Winning a trophy this season would not have shut the haters up. If we had won the league they would have retorted you have not won back to back trophies. If we had won the champions league they would have retorted you have only won it once after sooo many attempts. If we had won the FA cup they would probably have retorted that we had the luck of the draw. If we had won the league cup they would have said that it does not count. There is really nothing that can shut the haters up so we really have to try and ignore some of their juvenille rants.

Personally I would like to say a big thank you to Arsenal for one heck of a season and I can't wait until August comes around so that we can do it all over again
KPOM....
To God be the glory
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Gooners have moved from transition to contenders - this season was awesome in the way this team broke out. A little more luck with injuries & some quality buys will make haters wonder.
The Euros this summer will affect a few squads - Rosicky,Sagna(maybe),Diaby ain't giong - just hope Basten drops RVP - giving us a mostly fresh squad for next season.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

tolahs wrote:Gooners have moved from transition to contenders - this season was awesome in the way this team broke out. .
You know the funny thing, the table is there to prove it!

We are on the March my brother.... :twisted:
To God be the glory
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

yes we will rest on our laurels abi :roll:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Dodo wrote:yes we will rest on our laurels abi :roll:
Typical Manure fan, I will reiterate Wenger's comment...Manure should enjoy their Championship victory this year but.....

Watch your back! :twisted: :roll: We are coming.....
To God be the glory
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Skylolo wrote:
Dodo wrote:yes we will rest on our laurels abi :roll:
Typical Manure fan, I will reiterate Wenger's comment...Manure should enjoy their Championship victory this year but.....

Watch your back! :twisted: :roll: We are coming.....
typical yanshnal fan, after all your soothsaying over the years

at united, we dont rest on our laurels., we strive for continuous improvement, so bring it
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Skylolo wrote:
tolahs wrote:Gooners have moved from transition to contenders - this season was awesome in the way this team broke out. .
You know the funny thing, the table is there to prove it!

We are on the March my brother.... :twisted:

ciao, arriverdecci, odabo, this time next year, next year, next year
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower