[Road to World Cup 2010] CAF Matchday 3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

The Ugandan. wrote:Convincing wins for Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Malawi and a good result for Tanzania. They're finally waking up. Now I know, Africa is going to win a WC soon.
If anything it means Africa is further away then winning a WC more than ever. The big boys cant beat the small teams in Africa, how will they beat the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Italy, etc. ?
http://en.dzfoot.com
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

Any AIT online link for tomorrow's game?
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
YoungLion
Egg
Egg

Post by YoungLion »

I'd rather take a 0-0 wake up call than a 3-1 one :lol: :lol:
I love to see Cameroon pissed off at home. Let's see how bright the Taifa Stars shine in Yaoundé on June 21st :lol: :lol: :lol:
They're going to driiiiiiiiiiiink garrrri on the rocks that day - you just watch and see 8-)
The indomitable Lions of Cameroon.
rutgers
Egg
Egg

Post by rutgers »

Can we do these qualifiers over please. Wrong results. :roll:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Or could it be that the overall quality of the African game has improved tremendously and this has helped level the playing field?
Wouldn't that mean Africa is closer to winning a World Cup because the competitiveness of the African game is better than before?
TonyStarks wrote:
The Ugandan. wrote:Convincing wins for Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Malawi and a good result for Tanzania. They're finally waking up. Now I know, Africa is going to win a WC soon.
If anything it means Africa is further away then winning a WC more than ever. The big boys cant beat the small teams in Africa, how will they beat the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Italy, etc. ?
captain eb
Egg
Egg

Post by captain eb »

It is the weekend of "Friday The !3th". What did you expect. Since the Eagles play Sunday, things will get back to normal. Surprise.......
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

Eaglemaniac wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:We will scorch Egypt, says Malawi coach
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 - 16:03

Malawi manager Kinnah Phiri said he is confident that his men are capable of beating Egypt, on Saturday, in a World Cup qualifier.

“The players are in the right frame of mind and prepared to fight for a win,” Phiri told Nyasatimes on Friday.

“We want go give our fans the best result and that should be a win. It is crucial at this stage,” added the Malawi boss.

The Pharaohs are on top of group 12 with six points while Malawi, who thrashed Djibouti 8-1 in the opening game, are second with three points.

Egypt manager Hassan Shehata will have to do without injured Emad Meteb and Mohamed Fadl while Amr Zaki is still doubtful for the game.

However Kinnah said whoever Egypt will feature, Malawi, nicknamed the Flames, are going to scorch them.

# 18 Jul 1978 / Egypt 4:1 Malawi / Neutral / All Africa Games
# 6 Aug 1987 / Egypt 1:2 Malawi / Neutral / All Africa Games
# 21 Jan 1989 / Malawi 1:1 Egypt / Away / World Cup Qualifiers
# 11 Aug 1989 / Egypt 1:0 Malawi / Home / World Cup Qualifiers
# 15 Aug 1992 / Malawi 1:0 Egypt / Away / African Cup Qualifiers
# 25 Apr 1993 / Egypt 2:0 Malawi / Home / African Cup Qualifiers
wow :shock: some africans just talk too much

You are the one who has egg yolk on your face!
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

damn, krazy day in the motherland
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

YUJAM wrote:That's Guinea Bissau. Eq Guinea is actually is not too far from Nigeria and Cameroon. It is the only Spanish speaking country in Africa
lowzeewee wrote:Wasn't Equatorial Guinea recently reported to be a storage place for drugs to pass from Colombia to Europe? :lol:
Papua New Guinea
Guinea Bissau
Guinea
Equatorial Guinea

Too many Guineas. :lol:
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

The Ugandan. wrote:
Leone Stars triumph over Bafana

Black Stars downed in Gabon

Egypt stunned in Blantyre

Rwanda sting Morocco in Kigali

Uganda crush Nations Cup hosts :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Indomitable Lions held in Dar :shock:

Kenya grab lead in group 2 :lol: :lol:

Elephants held again :???:

Gambia ease into the lead

Mali downed, Chad gain first win

Burkina Faso come back to win

BBC headlines on 14/6/2008.
I must be dreaming. :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :rotf: :thumbs:

Honestly all of that look like a dream.
For many who play bet and win and all those games I am sure none of them have won anything today.
Football in Africa is now very unpredictable.
Shows the quality is improving .
As someone sad, it is all a sign that the day an African side will win the WC is near.
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

dang this is General Ogolo time to shine
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

..what will really be great is if the 'minnows' start winning away from home...imagine Gabon beating Ghana in Accra? :P
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Matches
OverviewAfricaAsiaEurope North, Central America and Caribbean OceaniaSouth America

Live Scoreboard Half-time Madagascar 0:1 Mozambique
79' Mauritius 0:1 Cape Verde Islands

...the away teams are leading today? :shock: this bodes well for Nigeria :P
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

15/06/08 15:30 MALABO Equatorial Guinea Nigeria
..I believe that's 10:30 am here in DC... :P
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

cyrilndo wrote:
The Ugandan. wrote:
Leone Stars triumph over Bafana

Black Stars downed in Gabon

Egypt stunned in Blantyre

Rwanda sting Morocco in Kigali

Uganda crush Nations Cup hosts :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Indomitable Lions held in Dar :shock:

Kenya grab lead in group 2 :lol: :lol:

Elephants held again :???:

Gambia ease into the lead

Mali downed, Chad gain first win

Burkina Faso come back to win

BBC headlines on 14/6/2008.
I must be dreaming. :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :rotf: :thumbs:

Honestly all of that look like a dream.
For many who play bet and win and all those games I am sure none of them have won anything today.
Football in Africa is now very unpredictable.
Shows the quality is improving .
As someone sad, it is all a sign that the day an African side will win the WC is near.
I did. I could have predicted most of these games (not the margins) because I know African footie. Most people here go with rankings and results without looking at the events behind the scenes. For example, Uganda vs Cameroon, 9ja, Ghana, Burkina, Senegal (year they lost 3-0 in Dakar).... is pretty decent. I know Egypt will do anything to avoid Uganda unless the game is in Egypt. Look at how Uganda lost to Benin 4-1. If you look at the records you'd think Benin played the game of their lives. Look closer and you see 2 goals in 2 minutes. In Africa, that's usually a sign of bad officiating, host team foul play getting to the visitors or just a bad day at the office. If you saw the game you'd see that Uganda's goalie was useless. Benin scored only one good goal. The rest were gifts from a flustered goalie. But stuff happens.
Personally, I'm raking in money because most peeps are ignorant of the real football. The Euros though are killing me. I have Germany going to the final with Holland.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Tunisia pull out a 1-0 victory in Bujumbura over Burundi, the winner came via Rahdi Jaidi in the 66TH minute. Unreal how much we miss Yassine Chikaoui as we really should have won this game by far greater margin.

Anyway only one more game left in the Roger Le-Fraud era.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Tunisia pull out a 1-0 victory in Bujumbura over Burundi, the winner came via Rahdi Jaidi in the 66TH minute. Unreal how much we miss Yassine Chikaoui as we really should have won this game by far greater margin.

Le merre is still the coach?
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

The real deal wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Tunisia pull out a 1-0 victory in Bujumbura over Burundi, the winner came via Rahdi Jaidi in the 66TH minute. Unreal how much we miss Yassine Chikaoui as we really should have won this game by far greater margin.

Le merre is still the coach?
Sadly the FTF chose to retain him until his contract expires on June 30th. Former Portugal and South Korea manmaer Humberto Coleho will take the regins July 1. IMO we should have gone with local manager such as Fouazi Ben Zarti or Khaled Ben Yahia.
Detective Bunk Moreland

TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

TG: Is it true that Chikhaoui's mom is Algerian? Supposedly his younger brother (plays for Etoile or something?) said that.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyStarks wrote:TG: Is it true that Chikhaoui's mom is Algerian? Supposedly his younger brother (plays for Etoile or something?) said that.
I heard that but I'm not 100% sure. Would not surprise me as there are thousands of Algerians and Moroccans living in Tunisia. I always thought there was something to all that skill of Chika has very un-Tunisian, his mom being Algerian makes a lot of sense as Chika sure looks more of an Algerian player in the gauze of Madjer, Belloumi and Dahlam etc etc
Detective Bunk Moreland

TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
TonyStarks wrote:TG: Is it true that Chikhaoui's mom is Algerian? Supposedly his younger brother (plays for Etoile or something?) said that.
I heard that but I'm not 100% sure. Would not surprise me as there are thousands of Algerians and Moroccans living in Tunisia. I always thought there was something to all that skill of Chika has very un-Tunisian, his mom being Algerian makes a lot of sense as Chika sure looks more of an Algerian player in the gauze of Madjer, Belloumi and Dahlam etc etc
When I read these kinds of reminiscent messages, I get so much hope. Then reality hits me with our so called "stars" like Achiou, Dziri and co. :oops: :x :cry:
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Wow, Liberia managed to pull one back and share the spoils.

2 minutes to full time. Nice.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

As long as Nigeria keeps wining i could careless about what happen to any other African team!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!