Roberto Mancini: I am the architect of Inter Milan's success

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

yaya
Roberto Mancini: I am the architect of Inter Milan's success

Post by yaya »

Mancini claims credit for Inter success

Former Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini has claimed credit for his former team's success in the Champions League.

Mancini, who is now at Manchester City, expressed his delight after Inter qualified for the Champions League final by knocking out Barcelona.

Under Jose Mourinho, who was bought in to replace Mancini, Inter reached their first final since 1972 after beating Barcelona 3-2 on aggregate.

But Mancini claims Mourinho did it with 'at least 80 per cent of the players' in his team.

"I am very happy both for the Moratti family, who had been waiting a long time for this, and for the players," said the Manchester City manager.

"After all, at least 80 per cent of the players were in my team and together we started the road to success."

Thiago Motta was sent off at the Nou Camp, but despite the 1-0 defeat, the Nerazzurri went through.

"When you play against Barcelona and within the opening half-hour you're reduced to 10 men, you can't help but sit back and defend.

"The credit for this result goes to Mourinho, who prepared for the game, and of course the team."

Now the Italians will take on Bayern Munich at the Bernabeu on May 22.

"I think Inter are the favourites to take the trophy, at least I certainly hope so," continued Mancini.

"I won't go to Madrid, but I will watch the Final on television. When it's a one-off game like this, the result can cause an upset."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/serie- ... r-success/
yaya
Re: Roberto Mancini: I am the architect of Inter Milan's success

Post by yaya »

Maybe thats the reason City failed to qualify for the CL after spending 500 million! if Mancini had concentrated on City, rather than being the "architect of Inter Milan's success" City will not be seeking to fire his a.s.s.! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Da Chief
Egg
Egg

Post by Da Chief »

yaya wrote:Maybe thats the reason City failed to qualify for the CL after spending 500 million! if Mancini had concentrated on City, rather than being the "architect of Inter Milan's success" City will not be seeking to fire his a.s.s.! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

City's problem was caused by Hughes. That dude lost and drew games they shouldn't have. The wasteful spending on Joleon Lescott alone was a sackable offence.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him for forgiveness. – Emo Philips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hh96Ex-94s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SFGR1HWcdY&feature=fvw
yaya

Post by yaya »

Da Chief wrote:
yaya wrote:Maybe thats the reason City failed to qualify for the CL after spending 500 million! if Mancini had concentrated on City, rather than being the "architect of Inter Milan's success" City will not be seeking to fire his a.s.s.! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

City's problem was caused by Hughes. That dude lost and drew games they shouldn't have. The wasteful spending on Joleon Lescott alone was a sackable offence.
(1) When Mancini took over, City was 6 points from 4th WITH 2 GAMES IN HAND! in effect, Hughes left them tied in 4th.

(12) If City had played ti win against Arsenal last weekend, they will be in the CL today. But, as usual, Mancini is afraid of winning. he wanted a draw at Arsenal, adn he got it! thats why they are not in the cL today.

(3) if City had beaten spurs, they will be in 4th today. however, Mancini was unable to beat spurs!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Mancini - kindly shut up - we thank you for delivering the Scudettos!! WE THANK YOU!!

But for Inter's performances in the CL!! HELL NAH!! We never even smelt semis!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
yaya

Post by yaya »

Sir Cristao wrote:Mancini - kindly shut up - we thank you for delivering the Scudettos!! WE THANK YOU!!

But for Inter's performances in the CL!! HELL NAH!! We never even smelt semis!!
Imagine, if not for God's mercies and kindness, and Man City's stupidity, Ayo Akinfe woud have forced this man on us! Nigeria would have had 0 points at the world cup!
osa
Egg
Egg

Post by osa »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Code: Select all

>>run CunTracker....CunTrackerV1.101 initiated...scanning...detected...printing report:
timestamp:20100622 "Flex Swift"; timestamp:20100520 "blatter"; timestamp:20100518 "oboe"; timestamp:dawn of time "shakakaka"
.... warning ***SYSTEM ERROR*** .... "ROSSIKE" detected!... too much c.unt to compute... >> commencing shutdown! t-NOW!
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

yaya wrote: If City had played ti win against Arsenal last weekend, they will be in the CL today. But, as usual, Mancini is afraid of winning. he wanted a draw at Arsenal, adn he got it! thats why they are not in the cL today.
Its easy to shoot off your mouth, but the facts are that going into that game, Arsenal's home record this season was 14-1-2. The only losses at home being to Chelsea and Man U.

So if you - rightly - assume that Man City is not in the class of those two teams then Mancini was looking at an away game against a team whose record at home vs the rest of the league was 14-1-0 record and 43 goals scored vs 8 conceded. And his own team's away record was quite middling.

Those stats make it crystal clear that Mancini could not casually to go to Emirates and open his nyash thinking he could win. He had to play it safe and hope that Arsenal made mistakes that he could capitalise on. Which, not coincidentally, is actually how Man U and Chelsea managed to take points at Emirates. In fact it worked wery well for those two. Arsenal lost those games by 0-3 and 1-3. Mancini was on the right track if he wanted to take points away at Arsenal - it just wasnt his team's day, that's all.

And the outcome of playing it safe at Emirates, still left his team with their fate in their own hands. They could have done the job by beating Spurs at home, a situation where they had a much better chance.

So spare us your empty talk. Its just utterly meaningless and fails to grasp the subtleties or facts of the situation-
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Mancini like Amodu are coaches who prefer to draw rather than win....both deserve to be jobless right now
yaya

Post by yaya »

goke313 wrote:Mancini like Amodu are coaches who prefer to draw rather than win....both deserve to be jobless right now
Seriously! The man is tacticlaly inept. Tottenahm lost points at Old trafford and this yeye man went to Arsenal playing cautious..when he should have released serious caining on them! He left Adebayor on the bench? like common..u think Adebayor is scared of starting a game infront of racist low lives? the same adebayor who has stared death in the face in the jungle of Angola? Mancini was a fool in that game...he cost his team dearly. A 3-0 caining of Arsenal would have been easy for City if Mancini went for it.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

yaya wrote:
goke313 wrote:Mancini like Amodu are coaches who prefer to draw rather than win....both deserve to be jobless right now
Seriously! The man is tacticlaly inept. Tottenahm lost points at Old trafford and this yeye man went to Arsenal playing cautious..when he should have released serious caining on them! He left Adebayor on the bench? like common..u think Adebayor is scared of starting a game infront of racist low lives? the same adebayor who has stared death in the face in the jungle of Angola? Mancini was a fool in that game...he cost his team dearly. A 3-0 caining of Arsenal would have been easy for City if Mancini went for it.
both managers remind me of students who settle for C grade since it's considered passing....the games that each manager won are based off sheer individual brilliance from {Tevez/Adebayor/Adam Johnson/Bellamy} other than giving Adam Johnson playing time he's been USELESS...w/Amodu {Nsofor/Martins/Osaze/Ike Uche}
hurricaneeddy
Egg
Egg

Post by hurricaneeddy »

hoho mancini pls take a break....maybe you should have put inter in the final
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

"He took a lot of punishment and fought until the end," said Klitschko. "But from round two, it was clear that his game plan wasn't working. lol. september 11 klitschko vs peter