Cameroonian players are overrated and dull...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kamerun
Egg
Egg
Cameroonian players are overrated and dull...

Post by kamerun »

a very unintelligent bunch of players....I mean running around with IQ's below 60 for sure. If anything, this World cup has served one purpose...to expose the fact that most of their deficiencies have been camouflaged for years by their European, South American and Asian team mates in club
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroonian players are overrated and dull...

Post by Goldleaf »

kamerun wrote:a very unintelligent bunch of players....I mean running around with IQ's below 60 for sure. If anything, this World cup has served one purpose...to expose the fact that most of their deficiencies have been camouflaged for years by their European, South American and Asian team mates in club
Bro,

African football don die killed by useless adminstrators who are bent on flooding our national teams with players playing for yeye relegation-haunted clubs in Europe.

It is a shame that Egypt did not qualify so that the rest of the world can see the high quality domestic players rather than all this dross.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

When you ONLY rely on your physical attributes .. then you should be playing American Football, not soccer. Cameroon has been exposed for what it is ... a bunch of useless players with absolutely no soccer fundamentals. If 40 years old Geremi is your best player, your most dangerous player ... and your most consistent player, then you have a serious problem. And the guy can't even run ...

Cameroon soccer is a fraud.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Cameroon is still living on the 1990 glory ... which was indeed a fluke of massive proportion. 1990 was a lie. It was a dream, it wasn't reality. But, everywhere you go, Cameroonians tell you about 1990 ...
In between, there has been 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010 ... and nobody wants to talk about those other dates ...
Sometimes, I wish 1990 never happened .. at least Cameroonians wouldn't confuse themselves with Brazilians ...
Cameroon is Cameroon ... let's just leave it there ...
Dinando
Egg
Egg

Post by Dinando »

Bi-Polars!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Cameroon have won a grand total of 1 match in 2010.

2-1 loss to Holland
2-1 loss to Denmark
1-0 loss to Japan
4-3 loss to Serbia
3-1 loss to Portugal
1-1 draw with Slovakia
0-0 draw with Georgia
0-0 draw with Italy
3-1 loss to Egypt
2-2 draw with Tunisia
3-2 win over Zambia
1-0 loss to Gabon

1 win 7 losses 4 draws

One win in their last 12 matches. Their only win came thanks to the Zambian keeper giving up that fluky goal.
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

Heliopolis wrote:Cameroon have won a grand total of 1 match in 2010.

2-1 loss to Holland
2-1 loss to Denmark
1-0 loss to Japan
4-3 loss to Serbia
3-1 loss to Portugal
1-1 draw with Slovakia
0-0 draw with Georgia
0-0 draw with Italy
3-1 loss to Egypt
2-2 draw with Tunisia
3-2 win over Zambia
1-0 loss to Gabon

1 win 7 losses 4 draws

One win in their last 12 matches. Their only win came thanks to the Zambian keeper giving up that fluky goal.
Thanks for the reminder...I know Egypt would have done better
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

bepanda wrote:When you ONLY rely on your physical attributes .. then you should be playing American Football, not soccer. Cameroon has been exposed for what it is ... a bunch of useless players with absolutely no soccer fundamentals. If 40 years old Geremi is your best player, your most dangerous player ... and your most consistent player, then you have a serious problem. And the guy can't even run ...

Cameroon soccer is a fraud.
KPOM to the 110th power!!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

bepanda wrote:Cameroon is still living on the 1990 glory ... which was indeed a fluke of massive proportion. 1990 was a lie. It was a dream, it wasn't reality. But, everywhere you go, Cameroonians tell you about 1990 ...
In between, there has been 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010 ... and nobody wants to talk about those other dates ...
Sometimes, I wish 1990 never happened .. at least Cameroonians wouldn't confuse themselves with Brazilians ...
Bepanda, 1990 was not a fluke. We played as a team then. Cameroon is not capable of making the quarter finals at evry world cup but disorganization has been a problem in 2002 and 2010. Milla was not manager player in neither in 1982 nor 1990.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

bepanda wrote:Cameroon is still living on the 1990 glory ... which was indeed a fluke of massive proportion. 1990 was a lie. It was a dream, it wasn't reality. But, everywhere you go, Cameroonians tell you about 1990 ...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Even during the era of Oman Biyik, Makanaky, Massing, Mbou Mbou and Abega, you could see that most of the players are not very technically sound...it was all brawn and nothing more.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

1990 WAS A FLUKE.... Period. How did this 1990 team do at the CAN the same year and the following CAN competition?
Don't bring me the Cameroonian argument that we never play well in CAN years ... that's crap.
Everyone can be lucky. If you can't come close to repeating it the next time around, then the next time ... then the next time and again the next time ... what do you call that?
Bepanda
camex wrote:
Bepanda, 1990 was not a fluke. We played as a team then. Cameroon is not capable of making the quarter finals at evry world cup but disorganization has been a problem in 2002 and 2010. Milla was not manager player in neither in 1982 nor 1990.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

kamerun wrote:a very unintelligent bunch of players....I mean running around with IQ's below 60 for sure. If anything, this World cup has served one purpose...to expose the fact that most of their deficiencies have been camouflaged for years by their European, South American and Asian team mates in club

The one thing I do not like about camerooninan foootbal is the lack of fluidity in their pattern of play. The rough play has been reduced but still, they are picking players based on pysical size not on skill...i guess that has worked for them for years in African football but not on the world state.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

really is a fluke team..I mean look who served them humble pie in the 1990s, RUSSIA. a dilapidated Russian team ate them for lunch twice..Good they did not get out of the group, cuzz them (russia) would have been even more humbled than the cameroonians..I mean, where was russia amongst the big wigs??? and yet cameroon dey talk. Dem be yeye team i beg.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
panafrican
Egg
Egg

Post by panafrican »

bepanda wrote:1990 WAS A FLUKE.... Period. How did this 1990 team do at the CAN the same year and the following CAN competition?
Don't bring me the Cameroonian argument that we never play well in CAN years ... that's crap.
Everyone can be lucky. If you can't come close to repeating it the next time around, then the next time ... then the next time and again the next time ... what do you call that?
Bepanda
You are displaying your lack of knowledge of cameroonian football. The team that did well in 1990 was a team that had won the CAN in 1984 and 1988, and reached the final in 1986. It was arguably the best african team of the 80's!!!!

When it is said that cameroonian players are overrated, I mean do you think that Japanese players are really better than cameroonian ones ? Than nigerian ones ? I am sorry but I don't think so. Mboma once said that If Cameroon had been as well organized as Japan is, it would already have reached a semi final in a world cup and I agree with that.
The indomitable lions ; Africa's best team ever.
amah
Egg
Egg

Post by amah »

To say that the 1990 lions were "all brawn, no brains" is a little much... If one had knowledge of Cam football, they would know we had a mix of players...some providing the enforcer role(massing, onana jules, kana biyick...etc) while still being "okay" defenders albeit a little deficient in the technical departement(game was different back then)...They also had the mfede, makanaky, mbou, and of course the milla who were actually pretty good. It's a shame most don't remember the Theophile Abega, Mbida Gregoire period(milla in his prime as well)...those guys were on par with the world class talent and VERY technically sound...
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

bepanda wrote:1990 WAS A FLUKE.... Period. How did this 1990 team do at the CAN the same year and the following CAN competition?
Bepanda
camex wrote:
it is good ORGANIZATION. After the nations cup we spend a lot of time in central Europe preparing for the tournament.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

panafrican wrote:
Bepanda
You are displaying your lack of knowledge of cameroonian football. The team that did well in 1990 was a team that had won the CAN in 1984 and 1988, and reached the final in 1986. It was arguably the best african team of the 80's!!!!

When it is said that cameroonian players are overrated, I mean do you think that Japanese players are really better than cameroonian ones ? Than nigerian ones ? I am sorry but I don't think so. Mboma once said that If Cameroon had been as well organized as Japan is, it would already have reached a semi final in a world cup and I agree with that.
KPOM, how anyone can rubbish the build up of the team that played in 1990 WC amazes me. Sometimes when we blame officials for lack of preparation we also need to look ourselves and the way we distort data. The simple fact of the matter is that The 1990 WC team was at it's peak, the team picked at the right time for the WC. But sadly since then lack of quality in vital areas and bad organisation has been the bane of Cameroon. But let no one rubbish the 1990 WC team, it is belittling the hard work those guys put into that competition. The only flukky about the 1990WC was Roger Milla playing the WC at the age he did and scoring.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The fact is team like Uruguay won the WC last so many decades ago does that make their win fluke. We need to get over this emotional outbursts and look at the real issue. In 1994 instead of consolidating on 1990 success, the Camerron Football Federation decided it was time to cheat the players embezzling their money and throwing the camp into disarray, expecting any team to perform under such condition is the reality that most African teams alway like to ignore.

Since 1994 Cameroon has not had the sort of team they had in 80's which peaked in 1990. IF we look at the circumstances sorrounding this team, we should not be suprised because in the 80's clubs from Cameroon were making waves in Africa, Tonerre Kalala, Canon Sportif, Racing Baffousam were all very strong teams around that era. Funny enough i dont even know if Tonere Kalala and Canon Sportif still exist. These are the issues we should be looking at. The fact remains keeping someone like Hayatou at CAF highlights why it appears African teams are going down. Mind you what African teams have lost is the suprise element which they use to have.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

why do we always do thisa?? it come sback to haunt and hurt..we never learn.
oloye wrote:The fact is team like Uruguay won the WC last so many decades ago does that make their win fluke. We need to get over this emotional outbursts and look at the real issue. In 1994 instead of consolidating on 1990 success, the Camerron Football Federation decided it was time to cheat the players embezzling their money and throwing the camp into disarray, expecting any team to perform under such condition is the reality that most African teams alway like to ignore.
Since 1994 Cameroon has not had the sort of team they had in 80's which peaked in 1990. IF we look at the circumstances sorrounding this team, we should not be suprised because in the 80's clubs from Cameroon were making waves in Africa, Tonerre Kalala, Canon Sportif, Racing Baffousam were all very strong teams around that era. Funny enough i dont even know if Tonere Kalala and Canon Sportif still exist. These are the issues we should be looking at. The fact remains keeping someone like Hayatou at CAF highlights why it appears African teams are going down. Mind you what African teams have lost is the suprise element which they use to have.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

amah wrote:To say that the 1990 lions were "all brawn, no brains" is a little much... If one had knowledge of Cam football, they would know we had a mix of players...some providing the enforcer role(massing, onana jules, kana biyick...etc) while still being "okay" defenders albeit a little deficient in the technical departement(game was different back then)...They also had the mfede, makanaky, mbou, and of course the milla who were actually pretty good. It's a shame most don't remember the Theophile Abega, Mbida Gregoire period(milla in his prime as well)...those guys were on par with the world class talent and VERY technically sound...
Abega what a player......... I also remember Eugene Manga that disgraced Peter Rufai in the finals of the African champion cup in Lagos national Stadium in front Governor Jakende(Action Man) or Emmanuel Abongaye who bodied Keshi in the finals of the 1984 ANC to score the third goal against Okalla who dived out of the way :D
gmoni
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni »

when you have song hulk hogan in the team, what do you expect..
chilling!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

The cameroonian Team is made up of 97 % Physical strenght and 3% skill, and out of this 3% skill, 2% belong to Eto :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: