Arsenal fans this is for you (or maybe not)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

junior
Egg
Egg
Arsenal fans this is for you (or maybe not)

Post by junior »

Interesting thread on ESPN Soccernet. You can see the whole thing at http://soccernet.espn.go.com/conversati ... 48&cc=5901. Enjoy!

maicomilo
I hope some other club comes in to buy Cahill. Did Wenger only propose to his wife after someone else proposed to her first?

daveibukun
hahahahahhaha, that is hillarious.

kigogotsa
i rather think he raised her to be his wife

Jettosh
oooh, that would be illegal lol

elfenelf
Sorry Cahill, you're gonna have to wait around awhile. Go grab a beer with Scott Dann. The big clubs (where you deserve to play) are too busy counting nickels and dimes and trying to offload players so they can blow their entire transfer kitty on Neymar, Sanchez, and Pastore.

Teamusa42000
Don't worry Wenger is just waiting for the Groupon.

StrawberryKingdom
the board too

1966arsenal
Arsene and the Board will wait forever for the price for securing Cahill to come down to 10 to 11 million pounds..then as a last minute face saving gesture go on to secure a 19 year old kid from the Championship or an obscure player from France.........

Wimbledon Final
I am sorry but it would be difficult to find an established mature player to join the goners to play under a mediocre incompetent manager who has not won a thing in 6 years. Players want to win trophies so they are better off playing for a manager who knows how to win and has winning mentality. that is why nasri and clichy want to leave, to win trophies

El_Viejo52
Broken record.

El_Viejo52
Name changes but the song remains the same!

posterboy311
Wenger is the cheapest manager in the EPL who has money to spend

Wimbledon Final
he is not cheap. just does not know how to develop talent, is tactically inept, cannot handle established players so he stays away from them and uses the kids age as an excuse for being trophyless

RapidsBlues
I agree with posterboy. I think he is cheap. He wants to stand on principle rather than realize that times have changed. You don't have time to develop talent when the top teams are buying the best players. I'm a Chelsea fan but still like watching Arsenal. They desperately need better defenders and a top goalkeeper if they want to win any trophies next season. They would be stupid not to get Cahil. He's solid. At the very least he's far better than what they have.

Manchester United 7 - Roma 1
I completely disagree. Wenger might be the best at developing young players.

Mpogoro Asilia
I hope Wenger knows what he is doing, all of big talk about 'being very busy in summer' but seems he still look for bargains..daaamn.

posterboy311
17m is too much

FattySock
Given Phil Jones and Henderson were all in that region (both relatively unproven) then I think that £17m is about right in the current climate.

Don't forget how well Bolton did last year, and Cahill was at the centre of that. Compare that to Blackburn and Phil Jones (probably evens out the age differential between the two players).

Eddo89
Using position is a little too much of a stretch. Blackburn had their problems last season. And Jones is not used to his partner being young and only fills in when Nelson or Samba is out.

You can sort of say Cahill isn't going to become the next Rio as he is in his prime, whilst Jones may, this is why he is worth it. But. 17mil is not bad business if it meant they stay in the champions league as a weak defense may just be the difference between 4th and 5th.

[email protected]
so not suprised no bid for chamberlain, gervinho, cahill, samba,alvarez nobody just a 19 year old kid..and i was really thinking wenger was going to spend this summer......the thing is all this player want to come to arsenal.... alvarez said it would be a dream to come to emirates but inter actually offered a bid and wenger still wants to negotiate(no suprise there) and now he is off to inter.....and most likely now cahill will prbably go to man city...chamberlain to liverpool or man utd and like usual we will get bunch of kids and this time lose all of our best players and we will probably be fighting for 10th place.

martinkeown
ACMILAN will finish 10th?

Confusing, but I'm guessing the guy who's name is AC Milan is an Arsenal fan.

AFC Fan
Arsene oh Arsene. A week ago i read about Arsenal being in final stages on getting Cahill and Samba and today, what i see is "no offer yet for Cahill". What about Gerinho? Still no concrete offer yet. Plus what you said a few days ago i.e. Arsenal will be busy with the transfer market end of July.

I seriously doubt whether you will have a decent squad to bring to Malaysia and China. Guess as usual, the supporters will get kids.

And by the time the premier league starts, there won't be many senior players left at Arsenal. And your boss and shareholders' account will show a healthy account of additional £70m- £80m from sales of your best players together with the £60m which you claim to have for the transfer window. Bright future for you Arsene. I'm sure you will be getting yet another raise in your salary.

juntakashi
u mean very busy on the phone to offload the best players?

DenveRsl
It's only the 4th day of July, not end of July.

woolwich-legend
I have a funny feeling that the board does not have any serious plans for Arsenal on the pitch. Peter Hill-Wood interviews are full of "financial responsibility", real estate properties and all kind of off pitch ventures. What plans do they have for Arsenal on the pitch? Arsene Wenger mentioned a rather solid transfer plan a while back. Reinforce the defence, sign a striker and a midfielder. In fact, he went on to stress that this is a special transfer window to do the deals "while the shops are stil open; an obvious reference to UEFA's financial fairplay. Wenger clearly would like to sign new players. The fact that he has not been able to execute his transfer plans is down to the board. I have a horrible feeling that the board is not backing Arsene as far as signing players is concerned. Arsene Wenger, being a true gentleman, is keeping his disgust of the board to himself for the sake of club unity. We will never know what is happening behind the scenes at Arsenal but it stinks.

They know they need a CB, and I'm sure they will get one, but will it be Samba or Cahill or someone from the French Ligue 2 or lower?

woolwich-legend
Whoever it is that they are getting, I just wish they get him sooner rather than later in order to convince the core players to stay. If Arsenal sign either of the players you mentioned now, chances of Nasri staying will be high. A proven signing will serve two purposes at the moment; strengthen the squad and convince the core players (and a handful of disillusioned fans) that Arsenal have not lost it.
THE wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are as bold as lion.
Proverbs 28:1
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal fans this is for you (or maybe not)

Post by Gooner1 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Are you sure that these fans are not CE members.......The jig is up, everyone knows that the Arsenal board members + Wenger are on a hazy Maradonic run that will lead to another failed season

PS
Anyone seen Waffiman lately? :huh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Gooner1 wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Are you sure that these fans are not CE members.......The jig is up, everyone knows that the Arsenal board members + Wenger are on a hazy Maradonic run that will lead to another failed season

PS

I was about to respond in that manner then I saw ur response. :taunt:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
junior
Egg
Egg

Post by junior »

balo wrote:
Gooner1 wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PS

I was about to respond in that manner then I saw ur response. :taunt:

Please identify the CE members if you can.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Damn...

Wenger is waiting for the Groupon deal for cahill... That was cold
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
junior
Egg
Egg

Post by junior »

juventuss wrote:Damn...

Yes O!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

juventuss wrote:Damn...

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: That had me reeling with lafter, chei! See yabbis!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS