ENYEAMA MUST BE LISTED FOR THE GUINEA MATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
ENYEAMA MUST BE LISTED FOR THE GUINEA MATCH

Post by Obong »

We are all aware of the Travelgate crisis that beset the SE ahead of the Madagascar game.We are also aware that the incident was reportedly led by Enyeama, Mikel,and Anichebe.Incidentally, while Mikel and Anichebe went on tgo start the match, Enyeama, the #1 keeper, was inexplicably dropped. He rightly felt bad and opted to leave camp.Much as I do not support the act that could be described as a near-sabotage, is it fair to have only Enyeama carry the can, even after he has apologized to Coach Siasia? The NFF is reportedly singling out Enyeama for further punishment, including not being invited for the crucial Guinea game on October 8. If Siasia excludes Enyeama for technical reasons, then it will be acceptable.But, if Enyeama is excluded because of the poorly handled Madagascar Travelgate, then a new schism will be introduced into the SE, and injustice will be handed out in an unfair dose to our best player at the World Cup. To assure fairness and put this sad episode behind us, Enyeama MUST be invited to camp for the Guinea game. If he turns up and is outperformed in training by another keeper, he can then ride the bench. All SE players MUST be treated equally.It is their inherent right as talented and qualified citizens.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Abbey
Egg
Egg
Re: ENYEAMA MUST BE LISTED FOR THE GUINEA MATCH

Post by Abbey »

SLMA
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

Obong wrote:We are all aware of the Travelgate crisis that beset the SE ahead of the Madagascar game.We are also aware that the incident was reportedly led by Enyeama, Mikel,and Anichebe.Incidentally, while Mikel and Anichebe went on tgo start the match, Enyeama, the #1 keeper, was inexplicably dropped. He rightly felt bad and opted to leave camp.Much as I do not support the act that could be described as a near-sabotage, is it fair to have only Enyeama carry the can, even after he has apologized to Coach Siasia? The NFF is reportedly singling out Enyeama for further punishment, including not being invited for the crucial Guinea game on October 8. If Siasia excludes Enyeama for technical reasons, then it will be acceptable.But, if Enyeama is excluded because of the poorly handled Madagascar Travelgate, then a new schism will be introduced into the SE, and injustice will be handed out in an unfair dose to our best player at the World Cup. To assure fairness and put this sad episode behind us, Enyeama MUST be invited to camp for the Guinea game. If he turns up and is outperformed in training by another keeper, he can then ride the bench. All SE players MUST be treated equally.It is their inherent right as talented and qualified citizens.
KPOM x 3.

Scapegoating one player is unfair. Especially, a player like Vince who has shown patriotism more than Mikel and Anichebe.
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Bigmantism too plenty for Naija. Enyeama must face the consequences of his actions, everything else na story...
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Travelgate crisis is a non issue . But if he is not invited, live goes on, will still support the team. I am a fan of the SE not a fan of Enyeama, not a fan of Ideye Brown, not a fan of Anthony Ujah, not a fan of Joseph Yobo, not a fan of John Mikel Obi, not a fan of Osaze Odemwinge. I am a SE fan also a SSS fan.

Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

That's not the point guys. We're all SE fans.

However, as fans we deserve the right to know why one out of three "erring" players is singled out for punishment.
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Obong wrote:We are all aware of the Travelgate crisis that beset the SE ahead of the Madagascar game.We are also aware that the incident was reportedly led by Enyeama, Mikel,and Anichebe.Incidentally, while Mikel and Anichebe went on tgo start the match, Enyeama, the #1 keeper, was inexplicably dropped. He rightly felt bad and opted to leave camp.Much as I do not support the act that could be described as a near-sabotage, is it fair to have only Enyeama carry the can, even after he has apologized to Coach Siasia? The NFF is reportedly singling out Enyeama for further punishment, including not being invited for the crucial Guinea game on October 8. If Siasia excludes Enyeama for technical reasons, then it will be acceptable.But, if Enyeama is excluded because of the poorly handled Madagascar Travelgate, then a new schism will be introduced into the SE, and injustice will be handed out in an unfair dose to our best player at the World Cup. To assure fairness and put this sad episode behind us, Enyeama MUST be invited to camp for the Guinea game. If he turns up and is outperformed in training by another keeper, he can then ride the bench. All SE players MUST be treated equally.It is their inherent right as talented and qualified citizens.

We are not privvy to all the details of everything that went on behind the scenes. For instance, at least 3 versions of why Enyeama was benched against Madagascar have been reported. From reports, it is also unclear why he left the team to return to Israel. So from my vantage point, I can only activate my siddon look mode until further details become clear. I must say though, that I am disappointed that Coach Siasia seems to have passed the buck on this issue to the NFF.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

ohenhen1 wrote:Travelgate crisis is a non issue . But if he is not invited, live goes on, will still support the team. I am a fan of the SE not a fan of Enyeama, not a fan of Ideye Brown, not a fan of Anthony Ujah, not a fan of Joseph Yobo, not a fan of John Mikel Obi, not a fan of Osaze Odemwinge. I am a SE fan also a SSS fan.

Remember the PLAYERS made the team. No PLAYER no TEAM. If you have no player u will have no team. So you can't support a team without the players. Some people support the team because of the players compositions or names.

I never supported what Enyeama and co did but since he already apologized he should be forgiven. Is already a lesson and thank God Siasia is in control of the situation. We don't want another bigmatizm in Super Eagles again. That era of Oliseh and co was very annoying. Right now we are building a new team and we need good chemistry and unity in the team. ONE LOVE... ONE PURPOSE AND ONE VISION.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Enyeama could not have been treated the same as the other guys for several reasons...

- He led the revolt. Apparently everything was OK in camp until he arrived and began to throw his weight around.
- He was the stand in captain at the time, the longest standing member of the team and should have known better. The leader usually carries the can for stuff like this.
- His position as goal keeper was a unique one. A keeper can singlehandedly make his team lose a match which is less so for infield players with other players around them to cover for their lapses and mistakes. If the keeper is off form or has other issues affecting his concentration then his team is more or less toast.

It was a good move to keep him from that game as he seemed more mentally affected than the other players for the failed revolt as was reported in the meeting at Madagascar. He chose to leave after the game instead of helping his team in the friendly and that gives an indication of his state of mind.

He has apologised publicly and to the coach (unlike Osaze) and I think it should be water under the bridge at this point but I see nothing wrong with the steps Siasia has taken so far.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Vindave wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Travelgate crisis is a non issue . But if he is not invited, live goes on, will still support the team. I am a fan of the SE not a fan of Enyeama, not a fan of Ideye Brown, not a fan of Anthony Ujah, not a fan of Joseph Yobo, not a fan of John Mikel Obi, not a fan of Osaze Odemwinge. I am a SE fan also a SSS fan.

Remember the PLAYERS made the team. No PLAYER no TEAM. If you have no player u will have no team. So you can't support a team without the players. Some people support the team because of the players compositions or names.

I never supported what Enyeama and co did but since he already apologized he should be forgiven. Is already a lesson and thank God Siasia is in control of the situation. We don't want another bigmatizm in Super Eagles again. That era of Oliseh and co was very annoying. Right now we are building a new team and we need good chemistry and unity in the team. ONE LOVE... ONE PURPOSE AND ONE VISION.

And what exactly did the players do at the WC to support, big men for nothing like Yakubu and Osaze were stinking up the joint. I will support the team, no player should be given an automatic shirt. Enyeama lack of play at his club should be questioned. ARe we really going to risk a player that hasn't played for his club in an important ANC qualification decider. Enyeama will be invited, this is a non issue, but the coaches got to put him through his progressions to see if he is sharp.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote:
Enyeama could not have been treated the same as the other guys for several reasons...

- He led the revolt. Apparently everything was OK in camp until he arrived and began to throw his weight around.
- He was the stand in captain at the time, the longest standing member of the team and should have known better. The leader usually carries the can for stuff like this.
- His position as goal keeper was a unique one. A keeper can singlehandedly make his team lose a match which is less so for infield players with other players around them to cover for their lapses and mistakes. If the keeper is off form or has other issues affecting his concentration then his team is more or less toast.

It was a good move to keep him from that game as he seemed more mentally affected than the other players for the failed revolt as was reported in the meeting at Madagascar. He chose to leave after the game instead of helping his team in the friendly and that gives an indication of his state of mind.

He has apologised publicly and to the coach (unlike Osaze) and I think it should be water under the bridge at this point but I see nothing wrong with the steps Siasia has taken so far.
I think that KoC's response to a thread a few days ago shed some light on this issue. From that response it is clear that Enyeama's benching in Madagascar was not just because of the travel departure problem in Nigeria but largely because of events in Madagascar. Thus, it does not make sense to state that he was singled out for punishment if infact he was the only guy who was involved in a conflict in Madagascar. It is also likely that the NFF has an interest on this issue.

Just as an aside, Enyeama, Mikel, Anichebe, and Nsofor who protested the travel arrangement appear not have support from their colleagues. I state this not only because the other players were willing to make the trip by being on the bus at the appointed time (BTW, including Nsofor) but it is noteworthy that Fengor Ogude singled out the travel arrangement for Madagascar as exemplary and one worthy of praise. I read Ogude's interview and it made me shake my head because it seems that the four players (Enyeama, Mikel, Anichebe, & Nsofor) never bothered to get all the players on this issue and may very well have acted on their own. That is my thinking. However, it seems that such action had been largely forgiven by the coach in Madagascar until another issue probably cropped up.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

If I were SSS, I would not use Enyeama for the vital CAN qualifier against Guinea next month, simply because I would not trust him. He is definitely Nigeria's number one goalkeeper, but after he deliberately missed the botched Ghana friendly and his travelgate actions, I would stick with Aiyenugba as I would not be sure of Enyeama's mindset. After the qualifiers I would have a heart to heart discussion with Vince before deciding on his reinstatement.
I am happy
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Dammy wrote:If I were SSS, I would not use Enyeama for the vital CAN qualifier against Guinea next month, simply because I would not trust him. He is definitely Nigeria's number one goalkeeper, but after he deliberately missed the botched Ghana friendly and his travelgate actions, I would stick with Aiyenugba as I would not be sure of Enyeama's mindset. After the qualifiers I would have a heart to heart discussion with Vince before deciding on his reinstatement.

That was indeed Siasia's stated reason for benching Enyeama against Madagascar. Per kickoffnigeria.com Siasia said that he was unsure of his number 1 goalkeeper's state of mind - and I can only assume that this was Siasia's feeling after the team meeting in Antananarivo. I think Siasia is past that now and the only impediment to Enyeama's return to the team is the purported interest of the NFF in the matter.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

So, in light of the fact that Enyeama has been benchwarming all season long, and the fact that he has not been in goal for Nigeria in 3 of the last 4 games, it may not be an altogether surprise if Aiyenugba is the preferred choice to man the post vs. the Guineans - even if he is given the go ahead for selection.
mystic wrote:
Dammy wrote:If I were SSS, I would not use Enyeama for the vital CAN qualifier against Guinea next month, simply because I would not trust him. He is definitely Nigeria's number one goalkeeper, but after he deliberately missed the botched Ghana friendly and his travelgate actions, I would stick with Aiyenugba as I would not be sure of Enyeama's mindset. After the qualifiers I would have a heart to heart discussion with Vince before deciding on his reinstatement.

That was indeed Siasia's stated reason for benching Enyeama against Madagascar. Per kickoffnigeria.com Siasia said that he was unsure of his number 1 goalkeeper's state of mind - and I can only assume that this was Siasia's feeling after the team meeting in Antananarivo. I think Siasia is past that now and the only impediment to Enyeama's return to the team is the purported interest of the NFF in the matter.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote:So, in light of the fact that Enyeama has been benchwarming all season long, and the fact that he has not been in goal for Nigeria in 3 of the last 4 games, it may not be an altogether surprise if Aiyenugba is the preferred choice to man the post vs. the Guineans - even if he is given the go ahead for selection.
mystic wrote:

That's the other thing to keep in mind. Hopefully Enyeama will be able to get it together in due course. Siasia had stated before that if they had 5 days to work with Enyeama, they would be able to assess his readiness to man the posts. So Aiyenugba may indeed be the preferred choice for now, regardless of anything else. Vincent didn't do himself any favours though, with the stunt he pulled.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

The various excuses given above by some contributors. Is neither here nor there.The central issue is that an important member of the team and vice captain is being treated like a leper. This is a player who in the past was an epitome of discipline and one of the usual early callers to camp. Whatever happened in Madagascar has not been sufficiently detailed in the media for anyone to form a strong opinion on.That there has been speculative reports of happenings at a clear-the-air meeting in Madagascar, and it was well within the right of the players to air their grievances in order to resolve any issues seems to be lost on commentators. It is even dodgier to rely on KoC's observation on such a sensitive issue because he now occupies an official chair within the team, and will naturally be selective and measured in his report so as not to upturn the team's and NFF's cart. Whatever happened to keeping it within the family? I was personally satisfied with excluding Enyeama from the match on emotional grounds especially if the coaches felt the incident might have affected him more than others. But, was it properly communicated to him so that it would appear as a corporate decision? A full-blooded professional is attuned to playing even in adverse circumstances. All that is needed is adroit handling of the particular circumstance(case in point, a leading defender and captain of Chicago in American Football NFL lost his mother a few days ago. He'll be playing today for his team). To also pooh-pooh some arguments noted above, who here can say with a straight face that all our Super Eagles players start for their various teams? The standards have been lowered to the point where the two players for whom we seek formal nationality changes- Moses and Ameobi- hardly can be described as starters for their lower-tiered teams, and here we are talking about arguably the best African goalkeeper in the French Championship team who has even manned the post four times already this year . It must be noted that Ike Shorunmu, the keeper's trainer, in a report befoire the match had virtually guaranteed Enyeama was starting. Another point to note: wasn't there Hotelgate before Travelgate where Captain Joseph Yobo had a face-off with Coach Siasia against Sierra Leone because he wanted to room alone when the coach's policy is to pair players per room?Oh, the difference is that the Almighty Chris Green, Technical Chairman, was in Yobo's corner. Of course, Yobo went on to start the match! I once again implore us to put reason and justice before bias and sentiment. We just need to agree that Enyeama needs to be invited on the strength of his public apology, the importance of the matc, and the dodgy handling of the Madagascar affair. And,please, whoever is making the lame retort that we don't support the team or the coach?
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

I just hope we qualify for the ANC....
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Gabtigab wrote:That's not the point guys. We're all SE fans.

However, as fans we deserve the right to know why one out of three "erring" players is singled out for punishment.
Thank you - Chief!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I supported Enyeama for demanding for better aircraft for the trip to Madagacar. As far as I am concerned he should have stood his ground and not apologize for jack. Unfortunately he blinked first and now he is having to pay for showing weakness. If he is kept out of the next game he should forget about the team and concentrate on his club career. Nigeria will not get far with Ejide and Dele as our keeper. In fact I don't think we can beat Guinea with either of these players in the post. Enyeama should grow some balls and call Siasia and the NFF's bluff.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:The various excuses given above by some contributors. Is neither here nor there.The central issue is that an important member of the team and vice captain is being treated like a leper. This is a player who in the past was an epitome of discipline and one of the usual early callers to camp. Whatever happened in Madagascar has not been sufficiently detailed in the media for anyone to form a strong opinion on.That there has been speculative reports of happenings at a clear-the-air meeting in Madagascar, and it was well within the right of the players to air their grievances in order to resolve any issues seems to be lost on commentators. It is even dodgier to rely on KoC's observation on such a sensitive issue because he now occupies an official chair within the team, and will naturally be selective and measured in his report so as not to upturn the team's and NFF's cart. Whatever happened to keeping it within the family? I was personally satisfied with excluding Enyeama from the match on emotional grounds especially if the coaches felt the incident might have affected him more than others. But, was it properly communicated to him so that it would appear as a corporate decision? A full-blooded professional is attuned to playing even in adverse circumstances. All that is needed is adroit handling of the particular circumstance(case in point, a leading defender and captain of Chicago in American Football NFL lost his mother a few days ago. He'll be playing today for his team). To also pooh-pooh some arguments noted above, who here can say with a straight face that all our Super Eagles players start for their various teams? The standards have been lowered to the point where the two players for whom we seek formal nationality changes- Moses and Ameobi- hardly can be described as starters for their lower-tiered teams, and here we are talking about arguably the best African goalkeeper in the French Championship team who has even manned the post four times already this year . It must be noted that Ike Shorunmu, the keeper's trainer, in a report befoire the match had virtually guaranteed Enyeama was starting. Another point to note: wasn't there Hotelgate before Travelgate where Captain Joseph Yobo had a face-off with Coach Siasia against Sierra Leone because he wanted to room alone when the coach's policy is to pair players per room?Oh, the difference is that the Almighty Chris Green, Technical Chairman, was in Yobo's corner. Of course, Yobo went on to start the match! I once again implore us to put reason and justice before bias and sentiment. We just need to agree that Enyeama needs to be invited on the strength of his public apology, the importance of the matc, and the dodgy handling of the Madagascar affair. And,please, whoever is making the lame retort that we don't support the team or the coach?

Now you are talking rubbish.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Obong wrote:The various excuses given above by some contributors. Is neither here nor there.The central issue is that an important member of the team and vice captain is being treated like a leper. This is a player who in the past was an epitome of discipline and one of the usual early callers to camp. Whatever happened in Madagascar has not been sufficiently detailed in the media for anyone to form a strong opinion on.That there has been speculative reports of happenings at a clear-the-air meeting in Madagascar, and it was well within the right of the players to air their grievances in order to resolve any issues seems to be lost on commentators. It is even dodgier to rely on KoC's observation on such a sensitive issue because he now occupies an official chair within the team, and will naturally be selective and measured in his report so as not to upturn the team's and NFF's cart. Whatever happened to keeping it within the family? I was personally satisfied with excluding Enyeama from the match on emotional grounds especially if the coaches felt the incident might have affected him more than others. But, was it properly communicated to him so that it would appear as a corporate decision? A full-blooded professional is attuned to playing even in adverse circumstances. All that is needed is adroit handling of the particular circumstance(case in point, a leading defender and captain of Chicago in American Football NFL lost his mother a few days ago. He'll be playing today for his team). To also pooh-pooh some arguments noted above, who here can say with a straight face that all our Super Eagles players start for their various teams? The standards have been lowered to the point where the two players for whom we seek formal nationality changes- Moses and Ameobi- hardly can be described as starters for their lower-tiered teams, and here we are talking about arguably the best African goalkeeper in the French Championship team who has even manned the post four times already this year . It must be noted that Ike Shorunmu, the keeper's trainer, in a report befoire the match had virtually guaranteed Enyeama was starting. Another point to note: wasn't there Hotelgate before Travelgate where Captain Joseph Yobo had a face-off with Coach Siasia against Sierra Leone because he wanted to room alone when the coach's policy is to pair players per room?Oh, the difference is that the Almighty Chris Green, Technical Chairman, was in Yobo's corner. Of course, Yobo went on to start the match! I once again implore us to put reason and justice before bias and sentiment. We just need to agree that Enyeama needs to be invited on the strength of his public apology, the importance of the matc, and the dodgy handling of the Madagascar affair. And,please, whoever is making the lame retort that we don't support the team or the coach?

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

And it's looking like Enyeama will be dropped again; I tell you Siaone means business with discipline in the national team. He needs to be in charge – No matter how good the player you need to respect the nation and know how to voice your strong view via right channel. The key for Siasia is to continue scouting for more talents to be able to counter any future hot heads that might arise.
Last edited by walesvilla on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

1naija wrote:I supported Enyeama for demanding for better aircraft for the trip to Madagacar. As far as I am concerned he should have stood his ground and not apologize for jack. Unfortunately he blinked first and now he is having to pay for showing weakness. If he is kept out of the next game he should forget about the team and concentrate on his club career. Nigeria will not get far with Ejide and Dele as our keeper. In fact I don't think we can beat Guinea with either of these players in the post. Enyeama should grow some balls and call Siasia and the NFF's bluff.
If what was reported in the media is anything worth believing, Enyeama was not demanding for a 'better' aircraft! He is not in a position to assess the state of the aircraft to start with. Secondly the issue started before he even saw the aircraft. Asking for the trip to be delayed till Friday was the last straw.

While I am a fan of Enyeama, he did not do well in this case.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”