ARSENAL RELATED NEWS & DEVELOPMENTS - Season 2011/12

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARSENAL RELATED NEWS & DEVELOPMENTS

Post by oloye »

PapaK wrote:Whether Cesc said so or not, he's a quitter in my books. If he wanted trophies so badly, he should have led Arsenal to some. Maradona was surrounded with 10 robots at Napoli and he still found ways to win.
There are some in the press that are just enjoying knocking Arsenal. That's their problem. This season alone, there are 100s of clubs that will win nothing. Life goes on and they will compete again next season. The notion that a club that got to 3 cup finals in d last 6 seasons, won't win anything unless they copy the unsustainable model of some short-termists is just silly. None of the loud-mouth commentators and bloggers have ever coached a team to any form of accomplishments. So, I will have to trust Wenger's judgement over theirs anyway, anytime.
So Careca was a robot hmmmm ok oh. Oh by the way Cesc is not Maradonna, he is nowhere as good and he does not use drugs to supplement his ability.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Cally wrote:
tolahs wrote:Cesc's truth is his but guess what?? it means zilch_all to Arsenal right_about_now...simple as!!! The arguments are lame now - i think he'll would've wanted to go play for his childhood club regardless of where he was playing.... to drag that up so as to get a rise from gooners is less important than a result Sat...
Spot on, Tolahs.

The opinion of Cesc or any other ex-Arsenal player does not matter to me at the moment. Let the press and the haters disguising as fans (or fans disguising as haters) keep frolicking with one another, and foaming in the mouth.

What's important is the next game against blackburn.

Moving forward...
Losers :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

cchinukw wrote:
Cally wrote:
tolahs wrote:Cesc's truth is his but guess what?? it means zilch_all to Arsenal right_about_now...simple as!!! The arguments are lame now - i think he'll would've wanted to go play for his childhood club regardless of where he was playing.... to drag that up so as to get a rise from gooners is less important than a result Sat...
Spot on, Tolahs.

The opinion of Cesc or any other ex-Arsenal player does not matter to me at the moment. Let the press and the haters disguising as fans (or fans disguising as haters) keep frolicking with one another, and foaming in the mouth.

Moving forward...
Pathetic losers indeed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg
Re: All Arsenal 11/12 Transfer News and Pre-season Developments

Post by phantomjournalist »

ohenhen1 wrote:
phantomjournalist wrote:
segebaba wrote:
phantomjournalist wrote:This Per Metesacker transfer smacks of desperation.
a guy with 75 german caps...stands 6ft 6 is captain of his team smacks of desperation?? You have been listening to the english press too much...they are all pissed wenger didnt buy one of those overpriced english defenders (cahill or jagelka)...i like how wenger has gone for international talent instead of those overpriced english guys :thumbs:
Arsenal fans are so naive. No wonder Wenger leads the team to 6 years of barrenness and 8-2 drubbings while the board looks the other way.

Fans of other clubs have rioted for less.

Wenger leads the team to 15 straight CL appearance, 3 EPL titles, and multiple FA cups. Everyone goes through a rough stretch, Arsenal squad that faced Manure was depleted, 6 starters out, Nasri and Fabregas sold, that makes it 8 starters. For a club that has depth issues, that was a major problem, we had to callup our reserves like Ozyakup, Sunu, Chamberlain, Coquelin. But at the end of the day no excuses, we just have to regroup, and be ready for the return fixture at the Emrates. And it is obvious that the English media don't like Arsenal, they have a problem with foreigners in general.Most of them believe that the main reason England has struggled at the WC is because of too many foreign players i n the EPl blocking the way of the English talent. Even though at Arsenal, we have the likes of Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs coming through the ranks, the perception is still there, that is why they hate Arsenal so much. The Gary Cahill transfer saga will only make it worse. But i am glad Wenger signed Mertersacker, because if you compare both players side by side, Mertersacker is the better player.

Again, I ask - are you still singing this tune?
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: All Arsenal 11/12 Transfer News and Pre-season Developments

Post by ohenhen1 »

phantomjournalist wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
phantomjournalist wrote:
segebaba wrote:
phantomjournalist wrote:This Per Metesacker transfer smacks of desperation.
a guy with 75 german caps...stands 6ft 6 is captain of his team smacks of desperation?? You have been listening to the english press too much...they are all pissed wenger didnt buy one of those overpriced english defenders (cahill or jagelka)...i like how wenger has gone for international talent instead of those overpriced english guys :thumbs:
Arsenal fans are so naive. No wonder Wenger leads the team to 6 years of barrenness and 8-2 drubbings while the board looks the other way.

Fans of other clubs have rioted for less.

Wenger leads the team to 15 straight CL appearance, 3 EPL titles, and multiple FA cups. Everyone goes through a rough stretch, Arsenal squad that faced Manure was depleted, 6 starters out, Nasri and Fabregas sold, that makes it 8 starters. For a club that has depth issues, that was a major problem, we had to callup our reserves like Ozyakup, Sunu, Chamberlain, Coquelin. But at the end of the day no excuses, we just have to regroup, and be ready for the return fixture at the Emrates. And it is obvious that the English media don't like Arsenal, they have a problem with foreigners in general.Most of them believe that the main reason England has struggled at the WC is because of too many foreign players i n the EPl blocking the way of the English talent. Even though at Arsenal, we have the likes of Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs coming through the ranks, the perception is still there, that is why they hate Arsenal so much. The Gary Cahill transfer saga will only make it worse. But i am glad Wenger signed Mertersacker, because if you compare both players side by side, Mertersacker is the better player.

Again, I ask - are you still singing this tune?
still stand by my comments, Wenger achievements can't be questioned. But eventually even great mananagers got to step aside for a new voice. We should give Wenger the opportunity to resign with dignity.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

What's this nonsense?

276 pages and counting for Arse----nal issues???.

This is not CE .

Nonsense and ingredients!!!!
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mods lock this dumb thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Nkume wrote:My tree points.

1.) Cesc is a fan. He has a point. We are weaker. It's no disrespect. Still love him. However, I disagree with the notion that we couldn't have won trophies while he was here. Well, if he had an impact last year, we should have won the league. We only lost it in the last 10 games last year.

2.) I love Abou Diaby. I want him back. He will shut a lot of Arsenal fans up.

3.) 3 - 0 win against Blackburn tomorrow. Gervinho will school Salgado and score 2 goals. Either RVP or Walcott will score 1.
Go collect refund from the person that sold that expired crystal ball to you.

Come to think of it, Arsenal scored 5goals :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

oloye wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Cally wrote:
Spot on, Tolahs.

Moving forward...
Pathetic losers indeed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D Moving forward...
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:mods lock this dumb thread
Why? Abeg let them vent their frustrations on this thread oooo.

At least the Blackburn match is over. Which one is next :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Arsenal should get Gus Hinddink to steady the ship, because AW is finish as a coach
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

realtrouble wrote:Arsenal should get Gus Hinddink to steady the ship, because AW is finish as a coach
Actually, Arsenal should look for new FANS. They are so deluded :boo: They are the problem of Arsenal. They refuse to admit that they are now in the category of Stokes. They use money as excuse for failure. Guess Blackburn and Birmingham spend more money than Arsenal.

Now youth, money can no longer be an acceptable excuse.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

wanaj0 wrote:
realtrouble wrote:Arsenal should get Gus Hinddink to steady the ship, because AW is finish as a coach
Actually, Arsenal should look for new FANS. They are so deluded :boo: They are the problem of Arsenal. They refuse to admit that they are now in the category of Stokes. They use money as excuse for failure. Guess Blackburn and Birmingham spend more money than Arsenal.

Now youth, money can no longer be an acceptable excuse.

The fans are mesmerised by AW past achievements, forgetting that a coach is only as good as his last games and transfer. The new players that Stoke and QPR have bought have bedded into their team nicely. Apart from Arteta the new Arsenal transfer look like imitation footballers. AW should have been fired the moment he suggested to the board that Cesc should be sold for £25 million. £15 million pounds on Oxlade is beyond a joke. We are still waiting for walcott to fulfill his £12 million investment.

He AW cannot see a bad players if he was standing in front of him, just look at Alex Song for instance three of yesterday goals could be attributed to his lethargic defending. The board should have force AW to recruit new assistant or fired him immediately.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

This is AW transfer record in defence

Kos profile
Arsenal saw William Gallas, Sol Campbell, Philippe Senderos and Mikael Silvestre leave the club in the summer of 2010, and in typical Arsene Wenger style, the manager turned to an unheralded Frenchman of whom little was known to solve his defensive problems, with Koscielny joining the club for a reported £10 million from Lorient. If the price seemed excessive for a player who had spent just one season playing in the French top flight, reassurrance could be found in the fact that Koscielny was the 19th French player signed by Wenger, and his track record in that regard is fairly impressive. The defender produced an encouraging performance in the Emirates Cup soon after his arrival to suggest that he would strike up a productive partnership with Thomas Vermaelen.

Lorient signed him for around €1.7 million in the summer of 2009 and he quickly established himself as one of the most promising defenders in the top flight, attracting the attentions of Wenger and Arsenal. Things didn't really go according to plan in his first season as questions were raised about his ability to lead the Gunners' backline in the absence of first-choice centre-back Thomas Vermaelen, but Koscielny showed glimpses of brilliance with his heroic display in the Champions League first leg aginst Barcelona one example.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

realtrouble wrote:This is AW transfer record in defence

Kos profile
Arsenal saw William Gallas, Sol Campbell, Philippe Senderos and Mikael Silvestre leave the club in the summer of 2010, and in typical Arsene Wenger style, the manager turned to an unheralded Frenchman of whom little was known to solve his defensive problems, with Koscielny joining the club for a reported £10 million from Lorient. If the price seemed excessive for a player who had spent just one season playing in the French top flight, reassurrance could be found in the fact that Koscielny was the 19th French player signed by Wenger, and his track record in that regard is fairly impressive. The defender produced an encouraging performance in the Emirates Cup soon after his arrival to suggest that he would strike up a productive partnership with Thomas Vermaelen.

Lorient signed him for around €1.7 million in the summer of 2009 and he quickly established himself as one of the most promising defenders in the top flight, attracting the attentions of Wenger and Arsenal. Things didn't really go according to plan in his first season as questions were raised about his ability to lead the Gunners' backline in the absence of first-choice centre-back Thomas Vermaelen, but Koscielny showed glimpses of brilliance with his heroic display in the Champions League first leg aginst Barcelona one example.
Kos does have some promise but he is still improving. I can't really blame the mass of young players we have. The door of blame lies sqaurely at the feet of the gaffer.

Arsenal cannot even lay claim to being the only club that plays exciting football in the EPL. Our selling point in that is being duplicated by Premiership newcomers like Swansea and Norwich with effective results.

I will never forget the Scholes interview. The major point that stuck out for me was the fact we play this pointless style for the sake of playing it and not for getting the goal. Its madness. We are effectively a mid table team at best.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

HEY REAL TURNCOAT..........DO YOU STILL STAND BY YOUR ASSERTIONS :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Cesc wins damages over article

September 20, 2011

Email
Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Cesc Fabregas has revealed he has received an apology, retraction and damages after a magazine published an article claiming the Barcelona midfielder said he left Arsenal because he feared a prolonged trophy drought for the club.

GettyImagesCesc Fabregas re-joined Barcelona this summer for around £35 million

• Cesc denies fear behind Arsenal exit

Sport magazine attributed quotes to Fabregas, 24, which were soon rejected outright by the former Arsenal skipper, who left the Gunners for Barcelona this summer for a fee in the region of £35 million.

Fabregas has now confirmed that the issue is in the process of being resolved. He wrote on his official Twitter account: "Got the apology and retraction from that magazine that made up an interview about me. Can't believe some journalists.

"I will also get ... damages that I will give to charity. Hope it teaches them a lesson. I would NEVER say a bad word about Arsenal Football Club."

realtrouble wrote:The interview has been confirm, its now on talksport website and they will not post any interview with legal backing

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... l%E2%80%99
anikulapo wrote:I Hope This Is Junk Journalism Or If Not, Then Someone Needs to Advise Cesc to Shut His Trap :roll: :roll:

Straight Talking Gooners HOME
About UsPlayer Stats
Goalscorers 2010/11Goalscorers 2011/12Player Stats 2011/12Player Stats 2010/11Injury ListClub HistoryLinksAdvertise here« Will Arsenal win a trophy this season?Fabregas hits out at Arsenal
In an in-depth interview with Sport Magazine, Cesc Fabregas has admitted that he decided to move to Barcelona because he does not think that Arsenal have (or are close to having) a trophy winning team. Fabregas had a “frustrating” time in north London and believes that the Gunners will struggle to keep pace with the big-spending teams at the top of the Premier League.

“I needed a change in my life, that’s the truth. We weren’t winning any titles and it was very frustrating for me. I didn’t feel like I was developing anymore as I should do.

“I want to be in a club that is able to win the big titles year after year and I don’t see that kind of future for Arsenal. I still have many feelings for Arsenal but I fear that they won’t be able to push the other big clubs in England away.

“If you look at the team this season I can’t see them finishing in front of teams like Manchester United or City. Or Chelsea. There’s just too big a difference between the squads.

“I respect that Arsenal doesn’t have the same financial opportunities as the others but it was part of my decision to leave that I find it hard to see Arsenal winning Premier League or Champions League in a near future.

“I hope they will replace me and the others that have left with some quality players and maybe they can take Arsenal back to their level as champions.”

I am unsure what to make of these comments. As Cesc admits, he still has strong feelings for Arsenal, but his comments certainly won’t help the team morale and are slightly unnecessary. We have lost many of our first-team players this summer, and our squad has undergone a complete re-vamp; it will be difficult to asses the progress of the current squad until we are at least a few months into the season.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

You posted the article in the first place, so Cesc should be taking legal action against you for spreading false information. stupid wally
anikulapo wrote:HEY REAL TURNCOAT..........DO YOU STILL STAND BY YOUR ASSERTIONS :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

September 20, 2011

Email
Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Cesc Fabregas has revealed he has received an apology, retraction and damages after a magazine published an article claiming the Barcelona midfielder said he left Arsenal because he feared a prolonged trophy drought for the club.

Sport magazine attributed quotes to Fabregas, 24, which were soon rejected outright by the former Arsenal skipper, who left the Gunners for Barcelona this summer for a fee in the region of £35 million.

Fabregas has now confirmed that the issue is in the process of being resolved. He wrote on his official Twitter account: "Got the apology and retraction from that magazine that made up an interview about me. Can't believe some journalists.

"I will also get ... damages that I will give to charity. Hope it teaches them a lesson. I would NEVER say a bad word about Arsenal Football Club."

realtrouble wrote:The interview has been confirm, its now on talksport website and they will not post any interview with legal backing

anikulapo wrote:I Hope This Is Junk Journalism Or If Not, Then Someone Needs to Advise Cesc to Shut His Trap :roll: :roll:

About UsPlayer Stats
Goalscorers 2010/11Goalscorers 2011/12Player Stats 2011/12Player Stats 2010/11Injury ListClub HistoryLinksAdvertise here« Will Arsenal win a trophy this season?Fabregas hits out at Arsenal
In an in-depth interview with Sport Magazine, Cesc Fabregas has admitted that he decided to move to Barcelona because he does not think that Arsenal have (or are close to having) a trophy winning team. Fabregas had a “frustrating” time in north London and believes that the Gunners will struggle to keep pace with the big-spending teams at the top of the Premier League.

“I needed a change in my life, that’s the truth. We weren’t winning any titles and it was very frustrating for me. I didn’t feel like I was developing anymore as I should do.

“I want to be in a club that is able to win the big titles year after year and I don’t see that kind of future for Arsenal. I still have many feelings for Arsenal but I fear that they won’t be able to push the other big clubs in England away.

“If you look at the team this season I can’t see them finishing in front of teams like Manchester United or City. Or Chelsea. There’s just too big a difference between the squads.

“I respect that Arsenal doesn’t have the same financial opportunities as the others but it was part of my decision to leave that I find it hard to see Arsenal winning Premier League or Champions League in a near future.

“I hope they will replace me and the others that have left with some quality players and maybe they can take Arsenal back to their level as champions.”

I am unsure what to make of these comments. As Cesc admits, he still has strong feelings for Arsenal, but his comments certainly won’t help the team morale and are slightly unnecessary. We have lost many of our first-team players this summer, and our squad has undergone a complete re-vamp; it will be difficult to asses the progress of the current squad until we are at least a few months into the season.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
realtrouble wrote:You posted the article in the first place, so Cesc should be taking legal action against you for spreading false information. stupid wally
anikulapo wrote:HEY REAL TURNCOAT..........DO YOU STILL STAND BY YOUR ASSERTIONS :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

September 20, 2011

Email
Print
By ESPNsoccernet staff

About UsPlayer Stats

“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Real Turd, I told you that this could be Junk Journalism, yet you said this......

The interview has been confirm, its now on talksport website and they will not post any interview with legal backing

Oya, so who is the Jughead now :taunt: :taunt: Ewu, keep hoping for Wenger's demise :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

If you had doubt on the information in the first place then why post it. You are a stupid wally, that is easily fooled by false information and Ivan Gazidis.
anikulapo wrote:Real Turd, I told you that this could be Junk Journalism, yet you said this......

The interview has been confirm, its now on talksport website and they will not post any interview with legal backing

Oya, so who is the Jughead now :taunt: :taunt: Ewu, keep hoping for Wenger's demise :lol: :lol:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Bushman, is your problem reading or comprehension? :shock: I posted an article that was published by all major outlets, but even then I Editorialized and Opined that this smacked of Junk Journalism :idea:

You claimed that it must be "Gospel" since Talksports had it :idea:

And now I am posting the news that the source has issued a retraction and will pay damages, so wetin you still dey yarn :shock:
realtrouble wrote:If you had doubt on the information in the first place then why post it. You are a stupid wally, that is easily fooled by false information and Ivan Gazidis.
anikulapo wrote:Real Turd, I told you that this could be Junk Journalism, yet you said this......

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cesc on Twitter:
Got the apology and retraction from that magazine that made up an interview about me. Can't believe some journalists. I will also get damages that I will give to charity. Hope it teaches them a lesson. I would NEVER say a bad word about Arsenal Football Club.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Look at this spreader of false news, Amebo called Aniks. You posted the false information, then doubted the truth and finally tried to cover your tracks by trying to implicate me.
Bloody hypocrite.
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Cesc has instructed lawyers to start libel proceedings against Sport. This is very interesting because it has repercussions for the English newspapers who carried the fake interview.
Yawnnn, I will believe it when I see it :roll: :roll: It is not as if Fabregas has not lied about interviews he has given before...I will wait to see these legal proceedings :roll: