NFF turn to FIFA to clear Sidney Sam.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF turn to FIFA to clear Sidney Sam.

Post by patrick »

Awaits Keshi’s endorsement By ROMANUS UGWU, Abuja | Mar 22, 2012

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has disclosed readiness to activate the administrative clause with the world soccer-governing body, FIFA, towards changing the nationality of German-born Nigerian attacking midfielder, Sydney Sam.

Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi, had made an informal appeal to the Glass House to secure the services of the Bayer Leverkusen combative playmaker and stop him from joining the German national team, the Die Nationalelf.

“If I want to take a trip to Europe, I can probably go to Germany to watch and speak to Sidney Sam who is currently making waves in Bayern Leverkusen. He is doing wonderfully well in the German Bundesliga and the Germans want to cap him. I have not met him and I do not know him, but I have discussed about him with my assistants and we believe there is need for us to grab him before Germany decides to cap him.

“My coaches and I were talking about him few days ago. Somebody has also called me to tell me about him. I will officially notify the NFF about the player. Also, chairman of the Technical Committee, Barrister Chris Green, has called me about the same player. I have his name in my list of possible players for the next invitation,” he stated.

However, reacting to the appeal while speaking to the media recently, the General Secretary of the federation, Barrister Musa Amadu mentioned certain conditions like the player indicating interest in playing for motherland and the Super Eagles technical crew making formal appeal to the Federation for his clearance, assuring that the Glass House was ready to begin the administrative process.

“I cannot say much about Sidney Sam because he also has a German nationality and plays for Bayer Leverkusen. If coach Keshi considers him sufficiently good to play for Nigeria and he is in their plans, they should let us know to start the administrative aspect of his clearance to play for the Super Eagles,” Amadu affirmed.

http://soccerstarng.com/story_display_p ... ory_id=731
Last edited by patrick on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF turn to FIFA to clear Sidney Sam.

Post by patrick »

Nedum Onuoha
Chuks Aneke
Carl Ikeme
Tom Adeyemi

Should be next in line :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by patrick on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

I think Keshi needs to make an initial contact with Sidney to verify his interest in playing for the Super Eagles, before the NFF begins the administrative procedures with FIFA. Or else, Nigeria would appear foolish if the same player turns around and says he doesn't wanna play for Nigeria....after the NFF had already obtained any clearance.
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Super Eagle wrote:I think Keshi needs to make an initial contact with Sidney to verify his interest in playing for the Super Eagles, before the NFF begins the administrative procedures with FIFA. Or else, Nigeria would appear foolish if the same player turns around and says he doesn't wanna play for Nigeria....after the NFF had already obtained any clearance.
sure K\eshi would have contacted him before NNf, but how old is this player and how good??
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]

[/video]
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

patrick wrote:Nedum Onuoha
Chuks Aneke
Carl Ikeme

Patrick, commot Nedum from ya list...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

Cellular wrote:
Chuks Aneke
Carl Ikeme

The bloke don dey change tune now going by the report reaching me.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote:
Chuks Aneke
Carl Ikeme

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Of course, he'll "change his tune now" as his star continues to fall...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The process should actually begin in Nigeria by contacting his Dad thru his family in Ekiti I think...

They will need someone to help them reach his Dad and then work their way upwards towards Sam, to build on what Siasia has already done.

BTW, the Germans are not 'about to cap him'. For one he is injured or returning from injury (not sure exactly his current status).

But more importantly he has not ever been invited to the German NT and is well behind in the pecking order in the wide role in Joachim Loew's 4-2-3-1....

http://nigerianfutbol.blogspot.com/2011 ... et-al.html

Super Eagle wrote:I think Keshi needs to make an initial contact with Sidney to verify his interest in playing for the Super Eagles, before the NFF begins the administrative procedures with FIFA. Or else, Nigeria would appear foolish if the same player turns around and says he doesn't wanna play for Nigeria....after the NFF had already obtained any clearance.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If true cool but we dont really need more wingers, I dont see how Sam will improve se, we need defenders and midfielders
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

They are aware that the present and past Nigerian coaches want him to play for nigeria, but the position of his people including his manager Dirk, as at last week on our phone conversation is that:
His present injury puts all international talks and moves on hold.
Besides, they continue, he hopes (and wants) to play for the Germany in the nearest future even if they concede that the aspiration is not forseeable before August. He gets more value (kudiwise) as a German senior international.

He is still recuperating. He injured himself tearing a muscle during team training in Lagos (Por) on 05.01.12 and aggravated it immediately upon his return after a few minutes as a sub against Stuttgart exactly 4 weeks later. He was expected to be out for 8 weeks.

No matter what moves are made, if a player wants to play for Germany, all things else are neither here nor there. The only hope is if he gets disenchanted (Jones) booted out (Dereck) or not courted, otherwise he will wait it out. CCC's era NFF made efforts for Owomoyela. Unlike in Ishiaku's case when they backdated the fax :lol: , these ones then were sent on time, but Klinsmann had told the then Bielefeld manager, Rapolder that the said uncapped player was in his larger pool and the fax messages should be threated as such.

NFF went ahead to invite Owo for the LG cup Oct 04 and SA friendly Nov 04, his father also persuaded him but these invitations were ignored until he got the invitation from the german national team soon after. Bielefeld wanted to sell Owo as a German NT player.

Ghana's president personally went to Dortmund January 2006, in a Germany trip to speak to Odonkor and his mum, in vain.

NFF should however keep the contact and send someone to check on the recovery of the player from his injury since he is offficailly still undecided. He is a modern good team player with an eye for goal.
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Frankly the only winger we have close to his level is Moses. He is superior to every other wide player we have...esp on the left.

vancity eagle wrote:If true cool but we dont really need more wingers, I dont see how Sam will improve se, we need defenders and midfielders

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

megapro wrote:
They are aware that the present and past Nigerian coaches want him to play for nigeria, but the position of his people including his manager Dirk, as at last week on our phone conversation is that:
His present injury puts all international talks and moves on hold.
Besides, they continue, he hopes (and wants) to play for the Germany in the nearest future even if they concede that the aspiration is not forseeable before August. He gets more value (kudiwise) as a German senior international.

He is still recuperating. He injured himself tearing a muscle during team training in Lagos (Por) on 05.01.12 and aggravated it immediately upon his return after a few minutes as a sub against Stuttgart exactly 4 weeks later. He was expected to be out for 8 weeks.

No matter what moves are made, if a player wants to play for Germany, all things else are neither here nor there. The only hope is if he gets disenchanted (Jones) booted out (Dereck) or not courted, otherwise he will wait it out. CCC's era NFF made efforts for Owomoyela. Unlike in Ishiaku's case when they backdated the fax :lol: , these ones then were sent on time, but Klinsmann had told the then Bielefeld manager, Rapolder that the said uncapped player was in his larger pool and the fax messages should be threated as such.

NFF went ahead to invite Owo for the LG cup Oct 04 and SA friendly Nov 04, his father also persuaded him but these invitations were ignored until he got the invitation from the german national team soon after. Bielefeld wanted to sell Owo as a German NT player.

Ghana's president personally went to Dortmund January 2006, in a Germany trip to speak to Odonkor and his mum, in vain.

NFF should however keep the contact and send someone to check on the recovery of the player from his injury since he is offficailly still undecided. He is a modern good team player with an eye for goal.
They really have to "recruit" the player... put a full court press on his dad... go visit the boy send Eagles training kits personalized with his name. Delegate someone to call him (text) weekly to see how he is doing. One thing I learnt from the US system, when they are courting you, they make you feel very special. Keshi should use the same approach... these kind of guys are the ones that will help him be a success.

The more competition he can bring to bear in the Eagles will be good for everyone
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

i will take ahmed musa over this guy, moses is also as good as him. i think we need him in eagles but don't come here saying only moses is as good. even aluko this season is playing better than him. we need him but attacking midfilders should be priority
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

kone wrote:i will take ahmed musa over this guy, moses is also as good as him. i think we need him in eagles but don't come here saying only moses is as good. even aluko this season is playing better than him. we need him but attacking midfilders should be priority
Tbh I feel that the only thing Musa has over him is pace...
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Am not even sure of that, but he may...

He is the best wide player of Nigerian origin that has emerged so far...

Sunset wrote:
kone wrote:i will take ahmed musa over this guy, moses is also as good as him. i think we need him in eagles but don't come here saying only moses is as good. even aluko this season is playing better than him. we need him but attacking midfilders should be priority

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

txj wrote:Am not even sure of that, but he may...

He is the best wide player of Nigerian origin that has emerged so far...

Sunset wrote:
.......next time u watch our favorite Aboki take off,do am when U're sober.. 8-)
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

has anyone bothered to ask him which naional team does he want to play for?
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

#Nigeriafootball:Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi on Sidney Sam:He's an offensive player that I think can make the Super Eagles more solid!
#Nigeriafootball:Super Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi says he will like bring Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Sidney Sam into the national team!
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, has been given the greenlight to visit Germany and speak with Bayer Leverkusen midfielder, Sidney Sam, to commit his international future to Nigeria.

The former Togo and Mali coach had, earlier on, declared his interest to strenghten his squad with the sensasional teenager,but a member of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Technical Committee, Christain Chukwu, observed that the coach had yet to make a formal request as regards meeting Sam.

He, however, assured that if he did it could be considered, adding that no stone would be left unturned to ensure the 18-year-old who was also wanted by German coach was capped for Nigeria by Keshi.

“He (Keshi) has been given a free hand to pick any players of his choice he feels will help him succeed. “We will do our best to make sure that his request to get Sidney Sam is actualised as soon as possible.We are handicapped for now as we cannot take any action without the boy showing commitment to play for Nigeria.

''We've only been reading on the pages of newspaper that Keshi wants Sidney. Besides, nobody has told us anything. I don't know how Keshi intends to go about it. But if it requires him having a one on one meeting with the player in Germany or any other place, we will see how we will back him,” Chukwu stated.

Sam is eligible to play for Nigeria despite being capped by Germany at the junior level. He has played nine times for the German U-19 national team, theU-20s and U-21. The all-action winger has been tipped as a potential replacement for Osaze Odemwingie in the Super Eagles.

http://soccerstarng.com/story_display_p ... ory_id=738
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote:Frankly the only winger we have close to his level is Moses. He is superior to every other wide player we have...esp on the left.

vancity eagle wrote:If true cool but we dont really need more wingers, I dont see how Sam will improve se, we need defenders and midfielders
Dude stop yarning Moses is hyped big time no way is he better than obasi or musa
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

What is his tapability coefficient? 6 or 7? Anyway all this noise will just draw attention to him and hasten his consideration for Germany. Just find a way to corner the boy and have a man to man talk with him. He should also take heed from the words below:

I guess I was overwhellmed when I hear klinsman mention my name and a few days latter I got a call up to camp I allways thought I was good anough for the German national team but looking back now I feel that you being good anough is not the only criteria that gets you into the National team I feel I should have taken my time and thought it over I mean waigh my oppssions since the Nationalmanchaft was not my only oppsion

Patrick Owomoyela Weider Bremen
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

felarey wrote:What is his tapability coefficient? 6 or 7? Anyway all this noise will just draw attention to him and hasten his consideration for Germany. Just find a way to corner the boy and have a man to man talk with him. He should also take heed from the words below:

I guess I was overwhellmed when I hear klinsman mention my name and a few days latter I got a call up to camp I allways thought I was good anough for the German national team but looking back now I feel that you being good anough is not the only criteria that gets you into the National team I feel I should have taken my time and thought it over I mean waigh my oppssions since the Nationalmanchaft was not my only oppsion

Patrick Owomoyela Weider Bremen[/b]
9.0 :clap: :clap: