Arsenal Related News & Developments - 2012/13 Season.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal Related News & Developments - 2012/13 Season.

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:M'Vila deal still possible. Clubs trying to agree on a fee.

BTW! Despite Shitty and Liverpool's interest, Theo genuinely loves it at Arsenal. Negotiations for agreement ongoing.
@ the time of writing, Arsenal haven't even lodged a bid for M'vila
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Right now Arsenal have made about 6 MP from player sales.

Players still expected to leave.

Fabianski- he won't like the idea of not even making the bench the first two games of the season, looks like Vito Mannone is now number 2. He is off.

Squillachi- best case scenario, loan move

Chamarkh- best case scenario loan move

Bendtner- 6 MP or loan move

Park- loan move

Sanchez Watt- ready for first team football.

Walcott- 50/50

Players in- with two days left in the transfer window, and going by the recent history of the club, I don't expect alot of signings. The best I can hope for is one more CM maybe a Capoue.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Some apparent need for perspective. If one refuses to create healthy competition within the camp, then t'is that same ignorance that waters the egos of those guaranteed starting berths. Is it no wonder Song felt he was worth more than the numbers that lay before? Is it any surprise that Bendtner sees himself as the best number 9 since that same number debuted on Sesame Street's countdown. Guest appearances from Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch and Abby Caddaby, what a number 9 it was. Alas, Theo Nsofor, the second coming of Glenn Helder, Mr Head down blind cutback, is now proclaiming his majesty. Once again, serves the Knows-nothing right. When Theo was doing fook all, there was precious little competition, he walked into the side, stared at the grass and ran to the byline like the Victorious Obinna he is. Demand all the gold coinage in the treasure chest young Theo!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffi Friday if we no sign any player.Biko never come here and defend this board.I hate whinners but your continue support of liars is getting me worry.
Sunday against Liverpool that play open game.I hope no excuss about park bus
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Ohen, how ready is Sanchez Watt? In what position?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:Waffi Friday if we no sign any player.Biko never come here and defend this board.I hate whinners but your continue support of liars is getting me worry.
Sunday against Liverpool that play open game.I hope no excuss about park bus

But there is freedom of expression abi ?

Whether we buy or buy, win or lose , na Arsenal e go be for life... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Theo Walcott set to stay at Arsenal after coming to short-term agreement with Arsene Wenger

Although Walcott has told Wenger that he is not currently prepared to accept the offer of a five-year £75,000-a-week contract, he did inform the Arsenal manager that he wants to remain at the club and hold further discussions about his future.

Until Wenger’s talks with Walcott today, the view at Arsenal was that they were willing to sell their 23-year-old winger if he did not agree to sign a new contract by Friday’s closure of the transfer window.

Walcott, though, was unwilling to be pushed towards the exit door and still has the security of another year on his contract. Wenger is uneasy about allowing players to enter the final year of their contract but, after speaking directly with Walcott, is now prepared to accept the situation.

Arsenal were also encouraged by the tone of the discussions and the news that Walcott currently has no desire to leave, even amid interest from Liverpool and Manchester City.

Liverpool have already made a formal inquiry and Manchester City have asked to be kept informed of developments.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

ojafranpa wrote:Theo Walcott set to stay at Arsenal after coming to short-term agreement with Arsene Wenger

Although Walcott has told Wenger that he is not currently prepared to accept the offer of a five-year £75,000-a-week contract, he did inform the Arsenal manager that he wants to remain at the club and hold further discussions about his future.

Until Wenger’s talks with Walcott today, the view at Arsenal was that they were willing to sell their 23-year-old winger if he did not agree to sign a new contract by Friday’s closure of the transfer window.

Walcott, though, was unwilling to be pushed towards the exit door and still has the security of another year on his contract. Wenger is uneasy about allowing players to enter the final year of their contract but, after speaking directly with Walcott, is now prepared to accept the situation.

Arsenal were also encouraged by the tone of the discussions and the news that Walcott currently has no desire to leave, even amid interest from Liverpool and Manchester City.

Liverpool have already made a formal inquiry and Manchester City have asked to be kept informed of developments.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

some people just fainted
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Molue Conductor wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:Theo Walcott set to stay at Arsenal after coming to short-term agreement with Arsene Wenger

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

some people just fainted
I will call and check on my guy anikupussie to see if he is okay and to ask him if we are still going to make the trip to the Emirates together later this year... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I no fit cry, so make I laff.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Chelsea ticket prices for FA Cup games are £30. Please see for yourself and stop acting like a f00l: http://www.chelseafc.com/tickets-articl ... ces-201213

Like I said, that you go to games at the Emirates doesn't make you an authority on ticket prices all across the UK. Definitely not on Chelsea ticket prices. 'Research' my azz.

Having a 'conversation' with you is like banging my head against a wall. You are too stubborn and arrogant to open your eyes and admit when you are wrong.
Waffiman wrote:Absolute rubbish. What FA cup tickets are these? It is the tickets for restricted viewing? It is the ticket for ST holders? Certainly not. I know Chelski charge £60 for FA cup and CL games for ST holders. They charge £30 for the earlier rounds of the Beer Cup. Unlike you, have done my research.

Read your ignorance in your post. Who are non members? Don't betray your ignorance. Only members of Arsenal football club can buy tickets. Even the Beer Cup game which sell at £10 for adults and £5 for kids do not go to non members. Arsenal do not sell tickets to non members.

The joke is you post a wrong article from the Guardian calling me names. I educated you on the subject. What do you do? With titanic hubris, you post some crap claiming it is a 'disingenuous assumption'. This from a person who does not even have a clue about the subject of Club ticket pricing. There are no assumptions in my figures, they are based on facts from Chelski ticket prices from last season for the cheapest standard ST holders, when I compared to Arsenal's equivalent.

Not even an acknowledement that you were wrong to attack the way you did in the first place after my post. What I get is the usual from you. Ridiculous.
odi wrote:You numbers are wrong Waffi, because you sneaked in a disingenuous assumption.
Chelsea FA Cup games do NOT cost £60, but rather £30! It's a flat figure for both members and non-members (members of course are given priority of purchase).

So even taking into account that Arsenal ST include 7 cup games (£39.63 for 24 games), it is still more expensive than Chelsea's average price per game, which is £595+£210/24 = £33.54.

And if you also take the CL games into account, then the difference becomes even more! :lol:

And all this is considering just the ST holders (members). If you calculate what non-members pay per game in both clubs, the difference is even higher :!:
Waffiman wrote:
odi wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
living wrote:Nothing new. Never like Walcott but selling him this late in the transfer season shows Arsenal are more interested in profit than in actual football, yet we have the most expensive ticket in the land. I pity those Arsenal fans who are still blind. As for me, a dime will not be spent until Wenger,Kroenke and his cohorts on the board leave the club
Why do you people spout such ignorance? I buy my ticket and go games. It is a falsehood Arsenal charge the most expensive for games. This has been proven and no one spout that rubbish again. I know what I pay per game, I know it is fact, Chelski and Spuds fans pay more.
Waffiman spouting his ignorance again, and with his usual pompous arrogance.
Chelsea fans pay more for games than Arsenal? Factually incorrect, and not even close!
On the average, Arsenal tickets are clearly the most expensive.

Ticket prices 2012/13

That you go to games doesn't mean you know what is paid by fans all across the UK. :roll:
I will avoid any insults for now and let you off this time around.

How do I know about what other clubs chagre? I know because apart from going to games, I write for a blog and I am a part of the Arsenal fans group making sure this falsehood about Arsenal ticket prices and the club are presented correctly. We challenge all these reports and make them accept their mistakes.

Let me start by debunking that report. Hope you do not mind if I use my experience as a paying football fan as an example. I hate doing it but this time it cannot be avoided. The report states and I quote.
Last May the Arsenal Supporters' Trust accused their club of "pricing loyal supporters out of the Emirates" on the back of a 6.5% rise in the cost of standard tickets. This year prices have been frozen for 35,000 gold level season-ticket holders who pay up to £1,955, while 7,000 club-level season-ticket holders will pay 2% more. Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal's chief executive, said: "We understand the pressures fans are under in the current economic climate and hope this will go some way to helping them."

Figures in full: Frozen for general admissions (Gold level), which includes seven cup matches on top of the regular Premier League season (renewal deadline 1 June; adults £985-£1,955, over 65s £425, U16s (Junior Gunners) £370). Increased 2% for Club level, which includes admission to every cup game as well as the regular Premier League season (no concessions, £2,285.00-£5,585). Matchday ticket prices: tbc.
It is true Season Ticket (ST) went up 6.5% last year for Standard level and Gold Members. I am a Gold member and I am in the range of £985 to £1,955 for my ST.

Note it says Gold member pay from £985 to £1,955 for one group of ticket holders at the club. These is the Diamond Level, the Club level and Executive boxes. These tickets start from £3,000 to over £2m per season. So is it a surprise that if you divide match day income by capacity, Arsenal are always the highest. Lazy journalist do this and woork some dodgy mmaths come up with Arsenal have the most expensive ST. Not correct, the fact that Arsenal have the highest income per seat does not mean it charges the most per ticket.

Note: it says Gold Members standard ST includes seven cup matches on top of the regular Premier League season prices for adults ranging from £985-£1,955, over 65s £425, U16s (Junior Gunners) £370). This is a critical point which we made the Guardian insert into this piece because they did not do so initially. Why?

Unlike clubs like Chelski, Spuds, Manure etc. etc. whose ST prices are strictly for League games, Arsenal ST prices include 7 cup credits. This means Arsenal fans do not pay extra for CL and FA cup games. Arsenal fans also pay heavilly discounted prices for the Beer Cup games because you are told it is the youth team. The other club fans ST does not include Cup games. They not only pay seperately for all Cup games, they pay premium prices for all FA Cup and CL. For Chelski suporters, last season that was an average £60 per game, for Spuds suppporters, it was £55 per game.

Now compare to Arsenal fans. The cheapest Arsenal Gold Member standard ticket ST price last season was £951 and Arsenal played 24 games at home when you include the 7 Cup credits or games. Chelski fans played the same 24 games, also including 7 Cup games. The cheapest Chelski standard ST price last Season was £595, (for 17 league games only) without the 7 Cup credits this was £33.23 per league game. Arsenal's cheapest ST prices last season was £951.

Do your maths. Arsenal is £39.63 for 24 league, CL and FA Cup games. When you add the £60 for the 7 CL and FA Cup games,it is an extra £420, Chelski's cheapest ST was £595 + £420 = £1,015 when compared properly with Arsenal's Cheapest ST. So for equivalent STs last season, Chelski fans were paying £42.29 per game whillst Arsenal fans were paying £39.62 per game. So this season, Arsenal fans will still be paying less than what Chelski fans paid for the same number of games last season.

It is detailed analysis like this you will not get in the papers because it does not sell papers. What sells is sensationalist headlines designed to cause problems with fans. This is why I am actively involved in Arsenal fans group fighting such lies and propaganda.

Now let me address another falsehood about increase of Arsenal tickets. To be fair on the Guardian, they also corrected this section when they were informed it was wrong. This increasereally has to do with Away ticket prices. When Arsenal fans go away to all grounds, the club charge Arsenal fans Category A prices, excluding administration fee varing from £1.50 ay Wigan to £3.50 at Chelski and Spuds. Last a Category A game for an Away fan going to Chelski was £68 plus £3.50 admin. But Arsenal charge Away fans the same as they will charge their own fans for the same tickets. Last season, this was £40 plus £2.50 admin fee. We know this because all the Away fans confirmed this and thanks Arsenal for their fair ticket pricing.

Arsenal fans, (to be fair Manure fans did the same to their club until they changed policy) for years now have complained and have asked Arsenal to charge the visiting fans the same amount the club charged Arsenal fans for visiting. Last Season Chelski fans paid £40 to watch the game at the Emirates, while Arsenal fans paid £68 to watch the game at the Bridge. Arsenal have always responded that it was in the wrong spirit and the club does not work that way because it will price out certain fans. The Arsenal fans have argued that some of these clubs like Wigan never sell out their allocation of ticket, so if they are priced out, just sell the tickets to the Arsenal fans. The club has finally relented and agreed with its fans. So this season, If Chelski charge us £68, their fans will pay £68 when they visit the Emirates.

Let me return to the Guradian Report again. Note the bit where it says Gold Members standard ST includes seven cup matches on top of the regular Premier League season prices for adults ranging from £985-£1,955, over 65s £425, U16s (Junior Gunners) £370). This is a critical point which we made the Guardian insert into this piece because they did not do so initially. Why?

Read all the other clubs, ask yourself how many of them include 7 Cup games in their Season Tickets? This is key. Arsenal you will find are almost unique for this deal to their fans. In fact, Manure ST holders have to pay extra for Cup games even if they cannot attend. So if you are a Manure ST holder, you are automatically billed extra for the Cup and CL games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What reports like these do not give you is the details and we football fans who go to games have our groups, we communicate and address common problems like Ticket prices. Football fans in general only give up on ST when there is no money to pay for it. We are all concerned about this because hardcore fans like mayself are being priced out. Of the people I used to go and watch games with 15 to 20 years ago, only few of us can afford ST today. When there is a big game we all meet up. This is a real concern and what the papers should be writing about. Arsenal infact give the best value for money in terms of overall environment and football on display.

But it does not sell papers. Arsenal have not won anything in 7 years (True) and they charge the highest prices for tickets (False). Great headline. but it has no basis in fact when you analyse it closely.

Arsenal have the most expensive ST if you do not compare oranges with oranges, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story eh. Comparisons made about the prices of our ST giving the impression that they are the most expensive are misleading and false. In terms of comparison, it is never apples for apples when it come to Arsenal's ticket prices. Our ST include FA Cup and CL games, which other clubs charge extra for. In fact, the clubs charge a premium for them. Arsenal ST prices should be judged that way rather than on the pure top line number.
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

Chelsea ticket prices for FA Cup games are £30. Please see for yourself and stop acting like a f00l: http://www.chelseafc.com/tickets-articl ... ces-201213

Like I said, that you go to games at the Emirates doesn't make you an authority on ticket prices all across the UK. Definitely not on Chelsea ticket prices. 'Research' my azz.

Having a 'conversation' with you is like banging my head against a wall. You are too stubborn and arrogant to open your eyes and admit when you are wrong.
Waffiman wrote:Absolute rubbish. What FA cup tickets are these? It is the tickets for restricted viewing? It is the ticket for ST holders? Certainly not. I know Chelski charge £60 for FA cup and CL games for ST holders. They charge £30 for the earlier rounds of the Beer Cup. Unlike you, have done my research.

Read your ignorance in your post. Who are non members? Don't betray your ignorance. Only members of Arsenal football club can buy tickets. Even the Beer Cup game which sell at £10 for adults and £5 for kids do not go to non members. Arsenal do not sell tickets to non members.

The joke is you post a wrong article from the Guardian calling me names. I educated you on the subject. What do you do? With titanic hubris, you post some crap claiming it is a 'disingenuous assumption'. This from a person who does not even have a clue about the subject of Club ticket pricing. There are no assumptions in my figures, they are based on facts from Chelski ticket prices from last season for the cheapest standard ST holders, when I compared to Arsenal's equivalent.

Not even an acknowledement that you were wrong to attack the way you did in the first place after my post. What I get is the usual from you. Ridiculous.
odi wrote:You numbers are wrong Waffi, because you sneaked in a disingenuous assumption.
Chelsea FA Cup games do NOT cost £60, but rather £30! It's a flat figure for both members and non-members (members of course are given priority of purchase).

So even taking into account that Arsenal ST include 7 cup games (£39.63 for 24 games), it is still more expensive than Chelsea's average price per game, which is £595+£210/24 = £33.54.

And if you also take the CL games into account, then the difference becomes even more! :lol:

And all this is considering just the ST holders (members). If you calculate what non-members pay per game in both clubs, the difference is even higher :!:
Waffiman wrote:
odi wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
living wrote:Nothing new. Never like Walcott but selling him this late in the transfer season shows Arsenal are more interested in profit than in actual football, yet we have the most expensive ticket in the land. I pity those Arsenal fans who are still blind. As for me, a dime will not be spent until Wenger,Kroenke and his cohorts on the board leave the club
Why do you people spout such ignorance? I buy my ticket and go games. It is a falsehood Arsenal charge the most expensive for games. This has been proven and no one spout that rubbish again. I know what I pay per game, I know it is fact, Chelski and Spuds fans pay more.
Waffiman spouting his ignorance again, and with his usual pompous arrogance.
Chelsea fans pay more for games than Arsenal? Factually incorrect, and not even close!
On the average, Arsenal tickets are clearly the most expensive.

Ticket prices 2012/13

That you go to games doesn't mean you know what is paid by fans all across the UK. :roll:
I will avoid any insults for now and let you off this time around.

How do I know about what other clubs chagre? I know because apart from going to games, I write for a blog and I am a part of the Arsenal fans group making sure this falsehood about Arsenal ticket prices and the club are presented correctly. We challenge all these reports and make them accept their mistakes.

Let me start by debunking that report. Hope you do not mind if I use my experience as a paying football fan as an example. I hate doing it but this time it cannot be avoided. The report states and I quote.
Last May the Arsenal Supporters' Trust accused their club of "pricing loyal supporters out of the Emirates" on the back of a 6.5% rise in the cost of standard tickets. This year prices have been frozen for 35,000 gold level season-ticket holders who pay up to £1,955, while 7,000 club-level season-ticket holders will pay 2% more. Ivan Gazidis, Arsenal's chief executive, said: "We understand the pressures fans are under in the current economic climate and hope this will go some way to helping them."

Figures in full: Frozen for general admissions (Gold level), which includes seven cup matches on top of the regular Premier League season (renewal deadline 1 June; adults £985-£1,955, over 65s £425, U16s (Junior Gunners) £370). Increased 2% for Club level, which includes admission to every cup game as well as the regular Premier League season (no concessions, £2,285.00-£5,585). Matchday ticket prices: tbc.
It is true Season Ticket (ST) went up 6.5% last year for Standard level and Gold Members. I am a Gold member and I am in the range of £985 to £1,955 for my ST.

Note it says Gold member pay from £985 to £1,955 for one group of ticket holders at the club. These is the Diamond Level, the Club level and Executive boxes. These tickets start from £3,000 to over £2m per season. So is it a surprise that if you divide match day income by capacity, Arsenal are always the highest. Lazy journalist do this and woork some dodgy mmaths come up with Arsenal have the most expensive ST. Not correct, the fact that Arsenal have the highest income per seat does not mean it charges the most per ticket.

Note: it says Gold Members standard ST includes seven cup matches on top of the regular Premier League season prices for adults ranging from £985-£1,955, over 65s £425, U16s (Junior Gunners) £370). This is a critical point which we made the Guardian insert into this piece because they did not do so initially. Why?

Unlike clubs like Chelski, Spuds, Manure etc. etc. whose ST prices are strictly for League games, Arsenal ST prices include 7 cup credits. This means Arsenal fans do not pay extra for CL and FA cup games. Arsenal fans also pay heavilly discounted prices for the Beer Cup games because you are told it is the youth team. The other club fans ST does not include Cup games. They not only pay seperately for all Cup games, they pay premium prices for all FA Cup and CL. For Chelski suporters, last season that was an average £60 per game, for Spuds suppporters, it was £55 per game.

Now compare to Arsenal fans. The cheapest Arsenal Gold Member standard ticket ST price last season was £951 and Arsenal played 24 games at home when you include the 7 Cup credits or games. Chelski fans played the same 24 games, also including 7 Cup games. The cheapest Chelski standard ST price last Season was £595, (for 17 league games only) without the 7 Cup credits this was £33.23 per league game. Arsenal's cheapest ST prices last season was £951.

Do your maths. Arsenal is £39.63 for 24 league, CL and FA Cup games. When you add the £60 for the 7 CL and FA Cup games,it is an extra £420, Chelski's cheapest ST was £595 + £420 = £1,015 when compared properly with Arsenal's Cheapest ST. So for equivalent STs last season, Chelski fans were paying £42.29 per game whillst Arsenal fans were paying £39.62 per game. So this season, Arsenal fans will still be paying less than what Chelski fans paid for the same number of games last season.

It is detailed analysis like this you will not get in the papers because it does not sell papers. What sells is sensationalist headlines designed to cause problems with fans. This is why I am actively involved in Arsenal fans group fighting such lies and propaganda.

Now let me address another falsehood about increase of Arsenal tickets. To be fair on the Guardian, they also corrected this section when they were informed it was wrong. This increasereally has to do with Away ticket prices. When Arsenal fans go away to all grounds, the club charge Arsenal fans Category A prices, excluding administration fee varing from £1.50 ay Wigan to £3.50 at Chelski and Spuds. Last a Category A game for an Away fan going to Chelski was £68 plus £3.50 admin. But Arsenal charge Away fans the same as they will charge their own fans for the same tickets. Last season, this was £40 plus £2.50 admin fee. We know this because all the Away fans confirmed this and thanks Arsenal for their fair ticket pricing.

Arsenal fans, (to be fair Manure fans did the same to their club until they changed policy) for years now have complained and have asked Arsenal to charge the visiting fans the same amount the club charged Arsenal fans for visiting. Last Season Chelski fans paid £40 to watch the game at the Emirates, while Arsenal fans paid £68 to watch the game at the Bridge. Arsenal have always responded that it was in the wrong spirit and the club does not work that way because it will price out certain fans. The Arsenal fans have argued that some of these clubs like Wigan never sell out their allocation of ticket, so if they are priced out, just sell the tickets to the Arsenal fans. The club has finally relented and agreed with its fans. So this season, If Chelski charge us £68, their fans will pay £68 when they visit the Emirates.

Let me return to the Guradian Report again. Note the bit where it says Gold Members standard ST includes seven cup matches on top of the regular Premier League season prices for adults ranging from £985-£1,955, over 65s £425, U16s (Junior Gunners) £370). This is a critical point which we made the Guardian insert into this piece because they did not do so initially. Why?

Read all the other clubs, ask yourself how many of them include 7 Cup games in their Season Tickets? This is key. Arsenal you will find are almost unique for this deal to their fans. In fact, Manure ST holders have to pay extra for Cup games even if they cannot attend. So if you are a Manure ST holder, you are automatically billed extra for the Cup and CL games. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What reports like these do not give you is the details and we football fans who go to games have our groups, we communicate and address common problems like Ticket prices. Football fans in general only give up on ST when there is no money to pay for it. We are all concerned about this because hardcore fans like mayself are being priced out. Of the people I used to go and watch games with 15 to 20 years ago, only few of us can afford ST today. When there is a big game we all meet up. This is a real concern and what the papers should be writing about. Arsenal infact give the best value for money in terms of overall environment and football on display.

But it does not sell papers. Arsenal have not won anything in 7 years (True) and they charge the highest prices for tickets (False). Great headline. but it has no basis in fact when you analyse it closely.

Arsenal have the most expensive ST if you do not compare oranges with oranges, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story eh. Comparisons made about the prices of our ST giving the impression that they are the most expensive are misleading and false. In terms of comparison, it is never apples for apples when it come to Arsenal's ticket prices. Our ST include FA Cup and CL games, which other clubs charge extra for. In fact, the clubs charge a premium for them. Arsenal ST prices should be judged that way rather than on the pure top line number.
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Wenger must be mad. Walcott is about to do a Flamini on Arsenal. Walcott either sign at 75k per week or he is flogged to City or Lpool , Arsenal should use that money to purchase better players.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

realtrouble wrote:

Wenger must be mad. Walcott is about to do a Flamini on Arsenal. Walcott either sign at 75k per week or he is flogged to City or Lpool , Arsenal should use that money to purchase better players.
what crap is this????? bunch of clowns
I hope Walcoot does a flamini...idiots
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Coach wrote: Is it any surprise that Bendtner sees himself as the best number 9 since that same number debuted on Sesame Street's countdown. Guest appearances from Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch and Abby Caddaby, what a number 9 it was.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Coach wrote:@Ohen, how ready is Sanchez Watt? In what position?

He can't make it at Arsenal, he can't play in the reserves forever, time for him to move on and get regular first team action as a striker with another team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

So...another youth prospect 'wont make it at Arsenal', according to Ohen. Hmmm, 8 years into the 5 year plan, perhaps discourse could be directed towards the success of the youth system. Ashley Cole, Clichy, Wilshere, Sczczczczczney (all be they a little premature)...a
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Erm Waff, please help me understand this :shock: :shock: :shock:

What exactly is going on with Walcrapola :shock: :shock: :shock: Does Arsenal think they will have more leverage in January when the guy will have five months left on his contract or over the next 48 hours :shock:

Do they have a deal signed for either an extension or sale and they are not telling anyone because me no understand dis wan :shock: :shock:

Kaiiii I can only laugh these days :mrgreen: Whatever sha
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Arsenal is not going to allow contract talks with Walcott drag into the season. It's a losing proposition unless Walcott has an awful and/or injury riddled year. Walcott could play hard ball and ask for a huge contract during the season and threaten to leave if his demands arent met. If Arsenal choose to sell in January, they will get next to nothing for a cup tied player with 4 months remaining on his contract. Letting a player worth about 15m walk for free is not an option when talking about a money conscious club like Arsenal.

Either Walcunt will accept the offer made to him or Walcrap will be sold to another English club for 15ish million.

I dont blame Walcrap. There are clubs out there willing to pay a headless chicken English speed demon crazy amounts of money.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Walcott will get what he want.Watch how Arsenal allow him go for free.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Heliopolis wrote:Arsenal is not going to allow contract talks with Walcott drag into the season. It's a losing proposition unless Walcott has an awful and/or injury riddled year. Walcott could play hard ball and ask for a huge contract during the season and threaten to leave if his demands arent met. If Arsenal choose to sell in January, they will get next to nothing for a cup tied player with 4 months remaining on his contract. Letting a player worth about 15m walk for free is not an option when talking about a money conscious club like Arsenal.

Either Walcunt will accept the offer made to him or Walcrap will be sold to another English club for 15ish million.

I dont blame Walcrap. There are clubs out there willing to pay a headless chicken English speed demon crazy amounts of money.
Wenger is supposed to be money-smart... let's see how this pans out. It will be foolish to let Walcrap go for nothing when Man City has tons of money to spend, while selling Song, a valuable player to Arsenal.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

:D
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

Gooner1 wrote:
amafolas wrote:mke relax. at worst, be like me. I don dey take style disengage emotionally from Arsenal small small. Of course true gunners will remind me I am not a true gunner. But it is only so long I can keep buying $#% and convincing myself it gold. Mhah, gold don't stink. What arsenal does stinks. We are who are. Alex Song's departure pain me no be small. I value reliable players more than most here. What's the use of having all the talent in the world if you can't make it to the field every single weekeend. Alex Song was never injured. Played every match he was asked to: carling cup, champions leage, fa cup etc. Yet in season, Arsenal bumped the contract of Rosicky, Ox, and Djorou but they chose to let the african walk. If i talk say the thing no pain me, i dey lie. It reminds me of how Toure and Adebayor (till he raised hell and got his raise) were underpaid, Arsenal scares me. This is the same club that had no qualms overpaying useless hacks like Sylvester, Galas, Squillachi. Maybe AW is ageist. Maybe he believes older players should earn more money. Otherwise, his salary structure makes no sense to me. See Waffi, my man, talking about Cazorla, Arter, Podolsky etc earning over 100k. I pray, other than Arteta, what have the others done for us. And why do they deserve to be paid double those who are already here playing week after week. Abeg make I stop my incoherent rant. God dey sha.
Amafolas,

My mother is the most fanatical Gooner I know....
Last I talked to her about the Arsenal, she just shrugged her shoulders and said the club don't 'care' about her,
so why should she care about 'them', meaning they don't care about the fans who support them.......
hmmm. I see you are trying to get Waffiman banned for parental insult. Interesting tactics you've got there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey