Arsenal Related News & Developments - 2012/13 Season.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal Related News & Developments - 2012/13 Season.

Post by mke1010 »

kajifu wrote:Haba what is this thread about again?
I guess the title of the thread is not clear enough for you. If not let me highlight it for you again. Arsenal Related News & Developments - 2012/13 Season.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Even though it is quite unfortunate for Arsenal that RvP is not at the club anymore, I cannot help but feel happy for him seeing him doing the business at a club more likely to help he fulfill his title winning aspirations. He was immense for United yesterday and was directly involved in all the three goals.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

slyk wrote:Even though it is quite unfortunate for Arsenal that RvP is not at the club anymore, I cannot help but feel happy for him seeing him doing the business at a club more likely to help he fulfill his title winning aspirations. He was immense for United yesterday and was directly involved in all the three goals.
He was right about Arsenal of course, like I've said since the whole thing went down, but happy for him? No...ambivalent is more like it.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

slyk wrote:Even though it is quite unfortunate for Arsenal that RvP is not at the club anymore, I cannot help but feel happy for him seeing him doing the business at a club more likely to help he fulfill his title winning aspirations. He was immense for United yesterday and was directly involved in all the three goals.
Errrr..... How goals did Arsenal score this time last season after the same number of game with RvP? If you think RvP went to Manure that won nothing last season to win things, you are a joker. In fact, the Observer newspaper claimed RvP is actually on a deal worth £300,000 per week. Rooney, Shitty claimed had to be given a package of £300,000 per week to stop him from joining Shitty. RvP demanded parity with Rooney and got it.

Any team will miss the quality of RvP, but as a team after the same number of games against tougher opposition, we have more points, conceded less goals and have score one goal less (14 to 15 last season) after the same number of games.

I look forward, RvP is not an Arsenal player, whatever he does elsewhere is no skin off my nose. I look at my team and we are not doing badly at all. In fact, we are doing better.

BTW! Arsenal have the best defense in the league.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Why compare Arsenal of this seasaon to Arsenal of last season at the same point? Wasn't last season's start a one off caused by the many different players used in defence and the late arrivals? So is 2 points more than last season good considering how early the players arrived and the injuries in defence have not been as bad as last season?
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Waffiman wrote:
Errrr..... How goals did Arsenal score this time last season after the same number of game with RvP? If you think RvP went to Manure that won nothing last season to win things, you are a joker. In fact, the Observer newspaper claimed RvP is actually on a deal worth £300,000 per week. Rooney, Shitty claimed had to be given a package of £300,000 per week to stop him from joining Shitty. RvP demanded parity with Rooney and got it.

Any team will miss the quality of RvP, but as a team after the same number of games against tougher opposition, we have more points, conceded less goals and have score one goal less (14 to 15 last season) after the same number of games.

I look forward, RvP is not an Arsenal player, whatever he does elsewhere is no skin off my nose. I look at my team and we are not doing badly at all. In fact, we are doing better.

What are you going on about Mr. Arsenal? You can believe what you like but what you have written above does not refute my position that he is at a club that is more likely to help him realize his dream of winning something. Or are you implying that because he is earning more money now he has lost the desire to win things? Keep consoling yourself with talk of goals scored or conceded year on year while the rest of the world already knows which clubs will be competing for honors come May 2013. And on the subject of trophies, watch as your improved defense crashes out of the Capital One cup against Reading tomorrow. Mscheww!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

What are you going on about Mr. Arsenal? You can believe what you like but what you have written above does not refute my position that he is at a club that is more likely to help him realize his dream of winning something. Or are you implying that because he is earning more money now he has lost the desire to win things? Keep consoling yourself with talk of goals scored or conceded year on year while the rest of the world already knows which clubs will be competing for honors come May 2013. And on the subject of trophies, watch as your improved defense crashes out of the Capital One cup against Reading tomorrow. Mscheww!
It obviously shows how ignorant people like spout rubbish here. The first team does not play Capital one cup games, we leave that to the Reserves. Shows how you know about the club you love to write rubbish about.

My point is RvP did not join Manure because he felt he was going to win things. He went there because they gave him the most money and he did not want to go and fight for a place with Aguero at Shitty.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kofi86 wrote:Why compare Arsenal of this seasaon to Arsenal of last season at the same point? Wasn't last season's start a one off caused by the many different players used in defence and the late arrivals? So is 2 points more than last season good considering how early the players arrived and the injuries in defence have not been as bad as last season?
You can factor all sort of rubbish to undermined the facts. Whilst you are at it, what about Arsenal fixtures when compared to the same time last season? Oh! Arsenal have the best defence playing their 3rd choice goalkeeper. How can you ignore that? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You can bring in all sort of subjective analysis, an Arsenal hater like you will but it still does not change the fact.

Arsenal are a much improved team this season in defense and in points won. Indeed, Arsenal have the best defense in the league. That's a fact. Now put that where the sun don't shine.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Waffiman wrote:
kofi86 wrote:Why compare Arsenal of this seasaon to Arsenal of last season at the same point? Wasn't last season's start a one off caused by the many different players used in defence and the late arrivals? So is 2 points more than last season good considering how early the players arrived and the injuries in defence have not been as bad as last season?
You can factor all sort of rubbish to undermined the facts. Whilst you are at it, what about Arsenal fixtures when compared to the same time last season? Oh! Arsenal have the best defence playing their 3rd choice goalkeeper. How can you ignore that? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You can bring in all sort of subjective analysis, an Arsenal hater like you will but it still does not change the fact.

Arsenal are a much improved team this season in defense and in points won. Indeed, Arsenal have the best defense in the league. That's a fact. Now put that where the sun don't shine.
Truth be told, I disagree with you that Arsenal is a stronger team this season. Maybe more balanced, but I think the loss of van Persie outweighs the arrivals of the other players. But well, we will see how the season turns out.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I am sad for Arsenal, but VERY happy for Mr. v Persie. As an Arsenal fan, if na my pikin, I would wish him more income + trophies. I love Arsenal, but I have nothing against players going to teams that will pay them well and provide better opportunities to win trophies, if those teams want them. Arsenal got what it considered a fair amount of money for v Persie. Ditto for Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas, Song, etc. I don't support players holding the clubs to ransom, BUT if a buyer comes calling, nothing wrong the player expressing desire to leave, especially as Arsenal loves pocketing other people's money, in addition to their own fans' money.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:

My point is RvP did not join Manure because he felt he was going to win things. He went there because they gave him the most money and he did not want to go and fight for a place with Aguero at Shitty.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Man U gave him more money, and even though there are no guarantees, Man U is multiple times more likely to win a trophy in the near future than Arsenal.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kofi86 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Truth be told, I disagree with you that Arsenal is a stronger team this season. Maybe more balanced, but I think the loss of van Persie outweighs the arrivals of the other players. But well, we will see how the season turns out.
Hmmmmm...... :ohmy:

Where did I say Arsenal are a much stronger team this season? I have said no such thing.

As for the new arrivals, it is amazing you chose to make a comparison of new arrivals to a player who has been in the league for 8 seasons.

Conclusion, you are biased and are no Arsenal fan.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Waffiman wrote:
slyk wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

It obviously shows how ignorant people like spout rubbish here. The first team does not play Capital one cup games, we leave that to the Reserves. Shows how you know about the club you love to write rubbish about.

Waffiman the Sage. With his statistics and inside knowledge of everything Arsenal. I can see that you are already preparing your excuse for tomorrows result. :) In your typical arrogant fashion you are certain that RvP ONLY went to United because of the money on offer and not because he had seen that there was no way Arsenal could match his short term of ambition of winning a trophy. Don't make me sic Coach on you and knowing Coach and his utter disdain for everything Waffiman he'll take this case pro bono :taunt: :taunt: .
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

The two are not mutually exclusive. Man U gave him more money, and even though there are no guarantees, Man U is multiple times more likely to win a trophy in the near future than Arsenal.
Abi o! Help me tell him.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

That's an opinion and not a fact. Also, footballers do not change clubs to win things. 99.9999% of the time they change clubs for more money. This is a fact. I have no qualms with that, because if I was in their position, I will do the same. However, I will not lie and say I am leaving because I want to win things when it is a clear lie.

BTW! A lot of info is now out about how RvP was already talking to Manure this time last season while he was lying to Gooners on Twitter and professing his love for Arsenal. Personally, it is no skin off my nose, I really do not care what he does now. I only care about Arsenal footballers.

Things change very quickly in football. You talk about winning things, RvP was at Arsenal for 8 seasons, how many times did he play? The laws of probabilities say, the chances are he will get injured again, where will that leave Manure?

On the basis of recent record, Manure are by far more likely to win things. But, it does not hide the fact that their squad is lacking in midfield and defense. Manure's defense and midfield will decide if they are going to win a thing this season. IMHO, they will not with that midfield and defense.
okokobioko
Egg
Egg

Post by okokobioko »

Van Kpesi! The very first son of Raymond DoKpesi and lover of Nigerian women! A man of men! :D
"the black man is his own worst enemy; he is jealous of himself,envious and covetous" ---marcus garvey
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Waffiman wrote:

I love how you are so adamant that RVP had no championship aspirations in leaving but was only after money. Yet you staunchly defend Arsenal against criticism it has no championship aspirations and is only interested in profits. :D ( I would go in to the whole pot and kettle thing but it is too cliche. :taunt: )

How anyone who supports Arsenal or is a member of the management team can criticize RVP for being greedy or question his intentions is simply hilarious. This coming from a club that will sell players and pocket majority of the funds, will lie to its fans claiming unlimited funds are available, will make claim after claim that turn out to be spin or outright lie. Arsenal tells its fans with a straight face that finishing 4th is a championship. For who???!!!! For those who pocket the CL money. lol :D

The audacity of this Arsenal club is too much. The same people who are now claiming moral fiber asking why Kroenke should be labeled Lucifer are the ones who nick named RVP Judas.

I am happy for RVP. And I hold no ill will against him. Go for the money bro. Only a psychopath would take less money in order to allow the board stuff its pocket while denying one's self a legitimate chance at a championship.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

That's an opinion and not a fact. Also, footballers do not change clubs to win things. 99.9999% of the time they change clubs for more money. This is a fact. I have no qualms with that, because if I was in their position, I will do the same. However, I will not lie and say I am leaving because I want to win things when it is a clear lie.

BTW! A lot of info is now out about how RvP was already talking to Manure this time last season while he was lying to Gooners on Twitter and professing his love for Arsenal. Personally, it is no skin off my nose, I really do not care what he does now. I only care about Arsenal footballers.

Things change very quickly in football. You talk about winning things, RvP was at Arsenal for 8 seasons, how many times did he play? The laws of probabilities say, the chances are he will get injured again, where will that leave Manure?

On the basis of recent record, Manure are by far more likely to win things. But, it does not hide the fact that their squad is lacking in midfield and defense. Manure's defense and midfield will decide if they are going to win a thing this season. IMHO, they will not with that midfield and defense.
Ok, me I dey tok opinions, you dey tok facts. Make we siddon look.
BTW, you asked how many times RVP played in the past 8 seasons? And that the law of probability dictates that he will be injured and manure will suffer? That's a chance they (manure) are willing to take. The preferred him over Berbatov. They are happy with their player, while "we" are grumbling with our 24 million.

So based on your own law of probabilities, looking at the past eight seasons, who is more likely to win a trophy in the near future, Man U or Arsenal?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

When y'all are true dissing Arsenal - what's obvious is RVP was made world class @Arsenal - of that, there's no doubt!!!
I remember many people including Bergkamp loudly saying RVP wasn't a striker capable of leading the line - the only person that believed in him was AW - just the same way he turned Cesc into a midfielder who played in the hole off a striker(i remember Cesc saying he didn't feel athletic enough to play that spot - he went on to name Lamps & Stevie G as better suied to that spot)..
The likes of Cazorla and Podolski came to Arsenal early in the preseason - you make your call - for me RVP betrayed the gooner_nation...those of y'all who were calling for him to be shown the door are now on a new suit - 'oh he made a great call by moving':
I remember a geezer who'll not pass the ball and only wanted to dribble..AW worked on his off_the _ball movement - he's one of the best today. free world but heavy heart for me!!
On the flipside just as we got Gallas for AC we needed to push for want away Nani as part exchange for RVP!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am the only player who can judge what it's like working with Arsene and Sir Alex," said Van Persie.

"It is an absolute privilege to say that in my career I have had both these managers at the clubs I have played for. "They are both icons as managers in football. They are both world class, one not more nor less than the other. "I purely look at this comparison as a footballer. I look at the way they both work on the pitch, in training, at the club and off the field. "I had a fantastic time with Arsene. I enjoyed training, playing, talking and all the other times I spent with him. I love it that I now experience the same with Sir Alex.

"But what I love about both managers is that they came to their clubs for a good cause. They both wanted to be at the club for a really long time."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... x-Ferguson
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

tolahs wrote: The likes of Cazorla and Podolski came to Arsenal early in the preseason - you make your call - for me RVP betrayed the gooner_nation...those of y'all who were calling for him to be shown the door are now on a new suit - 'oh he made a great call by moving':
I remember a geezer who'll not pass the ball and only wanted to dribble..AW worked on his off_the _ball movement - he's one of the best today. free world but heavy heart for me!!
KPOM...my bro.

Let his friends go and support him at Manure and celebrate with him when he wins his trophies there. :roll: :roll: that should make them happy. :roll: and improve their morale as Arsenal fans.

It will be nice if some of them admit they will be supporting RVP and his new team Manure on Saturday anyway, so at least we know what they are. Clowns..
To God be the glory
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

My friend sharrap. At least those of us with issues against Arsenal stay loyal to Arsenal and Arsenal alone. Unlike you jumping from league to league. One day you say Juve is flowing in your blood. The next day it is Barca and then you claim Arsenal. The irony is a multi-team fan like you lecturing others on supporting RVP and Manu. Lord have mercy. :D
Fake Gunner. All you know how to do is kpom other people's posts. :taunt:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

mke1010 wrote:My friend sharrap. At least those of us with issues against Arsenal stay loyal to Arsenal and Arsenal alone. Unlike you jumping from league to league. One day you say Juve is flowing in your blood. The next day it is Barca and then you claim Arsenal. The irony is a multi-team fan like you lecturing others on supporting RVP and Manu. Lord have mercy. :D
Fake Gunner. All you know how to do is kpom other people's posts. :taunt:
Clown...

Anybody who has followed the thread and any other Arsenal thread in recent times would have realised you are just a hollow noisemaker that only wants to support a succesful Arsenal...just carry your support to your true Gooner RVP and his new team on Saturday and leave us alone. :roll:

While we are at it, will you support Arsenal in the Carling Cup this season if we make it or want us to lose the final like the last time? :roll:
To God be the glory
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Juventus, Barca, Sunshine, Chicago Fire, Dortmond, PSG all na ya club. :D
And you think anyone aside from those whose laps you bark from take you seriously on any Arsenal thread? You have zero emotional investment in the club. Is it a wonder why nothing the club does ever disturbs you. No loss or self inflicted wound bothers you. When Arsenal loses you switch the channel and you are happier than ever to see Juve score a goal. Mscheeew Gunner my assszz.