Is there a better PDA than this?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

MDA/XDA II
http://www.itweek.co.uk/Products/Hardware/1151790
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I am waiting until they come down in price a little bit. My black and white Clie was da bomb when I bought it until its price crashed shorlty afterwards. :D
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

greg wrote:I am waiting until they come down in price a little bit. My black and white Clie was da bomb when I bought it until its price crashed shorlty afterwards. :D
Where are you located? Price depends on where you are.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

I am in Canada. They are going for just over $600 CDn which is roughly $500 US. You know where I can find a better deal?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

greg wrote:I am in Canada. They are going for just over $600 CDn which is roughly $500 US. You know where I can find a better deal?
Try price comparison websites and ebay. Alternatively, you may get a slightly used one to get a low price but still under warranty.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

There are a few better PDAs out there IMO.

One of the problems I have with this device is that if offers only GPRS coverage.. What happens when your wireless provider upgrades its network to 3G? Is the chipset upgradable or does this mean you'll have to buy a new one? Have you seen the latest Palm PDA being marketed with Sprint's 3G network? It is a bit sleaker than this device and is a departure from the Windows centric OSes which many of us have gotten so used to over the year? Lastly, it comes with a stylus but the keyboard is particularly efficient for the 'two thumb' typing action!
shola4la
Egg
Egg

Post by shola4la »

The Sprint PCS Hadspring Treo 600 is slamming.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

I still can't find a better PDA than the XDA II.
I don't like keypads like the Treo 600 has. I prefer the stylus.

http://www.xda-2.co.uk/help/tech_spec.html
YUJAM, I don't intend to go 3G anytime soon.
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

Yeah, the XDA is prolly the best handheld around. But is is quite expensive.
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

I saw the Treo and was impressed.

Right now, I'd give the award to the new Mini Xda/Imate Jam.

I'm also watching this one
http://www.danger.com/consumers_hiptop2.php
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

I have the I-mate Jam and I can say that the thing is damn good. The only thing I would add is 3G capability. Maybe on-baord Wi-fi instead of external Otherwise, the thing is near-perfect as it is.

But this thing here ("Filewalker")could be incredible if these guys took the effort to develop it for consumer market: http://www.invair.com/html/filewalker_pda1.html

It runs Linux. All it really needs is a better screen and basically, you'd have a PC in your hand right there.

Plus it has a very cool input system ( http://www.invair.com/html/inputsystem.html ) That system right there is what all PDA Phone makers should use to make their device easy to dial one-handed. I cant believe I haven't seen more devices licenscing this method. Its just perfect.

I spoke with them (Invair) about their Filewalker and they mumbled something about "we are focusing on the industrial market". But to tell you the truth I have never heard of any company using their product. Their marketing staff must be utterly useless.

By the way, 27, that Danger Hiptop 2 is out in the US. Its got nothing on the JAM at all and its a closed system so you can't run much software on it - other what what they want you to. The JAM or the Treo 650 are WAY ahead of that thing. It seems cool at first glance, but really it isn't worthwhile at all. Its also bigger than it really should be.
Last edited by Ziontrain on Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Ziontrain wrote:By the way, 27, that Danger Hiptop 2 is out in the US. Its got nothing on the JAM at all and its a closed system so you can runmuch software on it other what what they want you to. The JAM or the Treo 650 are WAY ahead of that thing. It seems cool but really it isn't.
I've been reading about it and apparently, there's some sort of "Activation".
Also, if you're not using it on the official contract, it can only be used as a phone. No data.
rock
Egg
Egg

Post by rock »

it si ok but the price is on the high side
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

me I don stop buyin PDA's jare...all my old pdas dey gather dust somewhere for my house. I currently have an IPAQ 190 which I got when it just came out....I still dey manage am jare. man no need 2 many toys :)
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."