Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Post by anikulapo »

kalani wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Cesc reportedly said on Radio Catalunya that he will not be joining United...whatever dude :roll: Shebi Nyash don open am for Camp Nou :lol: Let him stay dia. With Neymar coming in, it looks like da bench will be a more permanent fixture for him :roll:
You wish Arsenal had a player like Cesc.
We did, he left, we moved on and now he is miserable, so wetin. We didnt win with him and we havent won without him, so wetin you wan make we do. Keep pining for him :?: :roll: :roll: If anything, he has regressed and his stock is lower than ever. :D
Last edited by anikulapo on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
frlawrence1
Egg
Egg

Post by frlawrence1 »

anikulapo wrote:
kalani wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Cesc reportedly said on Radio Catalunya that he will not be joining United...whatever dude :roll: Shebi Nyash don open am for Camp Nou :lol: Let him stay dia. With Neymar coming in, it looks like da bench will be a more permanent fixture for him :roll:
You wish Arsenal had a player like Cesc.
We did, he left, we moved and now he is miserable, so wetin. We didnt win with him and we havent won without him, so wetin you wan make we do. Keep pining for him :?: :roll: :roll: If anything, he has regressed and his stock is lower than ever. :D
Kpomkwem.... Case closed.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I'd like to have Cesc back.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

By far my favorite Arsenal video of recent time :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:By far my favorite Arsenal video of recent time :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:thumbs: :thumbs: Arsenal for life
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

If Aarsenal sign q reliable back up goalie eg Julio Ceaser , keep our current defence or improve it, add some steel and quality to the midfield eg Granieri and sign qBenteke plus Higuain , we will be set for the season. There is supposed interest in Podoski from dortmund and juve , l think we should sell as he is not a good fit for us imo.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

WINNERMAN wrote:If Aarsenal sign q reliable back up goalie eg Julio Ceaser , keep our current defence or improve it, add some steel and quality to the midfield eg Granieri and sign qBenteke plus Higuain , we will be set for the season. There is supposed interest in Podoski from dortmund and juve , l think we should sell as he is not a good fit for us imo.

I don't want Higuain. What do people see in that guy self?
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wanyama wants move to Arsenal.

10 MP is too much for a SPL player, 4-6 MP would be the right price for him. I

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -move.html

But after watching the exploits for Lazio and the Eagles, would prefer a move for Onazi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Ohen, gone are the days of the SPL driving a player's price down. Everton went quids in for Jelavic and the likelihood is that anyone courting Wanyama will have to do the same. Young, versatile, bullish, in truth, 10 million will be alot cheaper than most starting centre-mids. Is he good enough? Looked solid at Celtic and put in some sterling displays in the Champions League. Arguments in favour and against. The one near certainty is that he wont be signed, Wenger would rather an unknown from Montpellier. #another "no one saw that coming".
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

amafolas wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:If Aarsenal sign q reliable back up goalie eg Julio Ceaser , keep our current defence or improve it, add some steel and quality to the midfield eg Granieri and sign qBenteke plus Higuain , we will be set for the season. There is supposed interest in Podoski from dortmund and juve , l think we should sell as he is not a good fit for us imo.

I thought it was only me...
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Skylolo wrote:
amafolas wrote:

KPOM the guy miss so many chances,if he will cost like 5m and stay on 50k.I can say make we sign just for addition to the team case injuries come in.Podoski if Dormmund want him,i will say we give them plus cash and get Rues or what ever the call him.
@Amafolas why sign Ceaser as back up goalie?Benteke and a solid MF playermaker or winger we might be back to business.Our defense is good,may be a RB and Sagna should go.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Some Good News :thumbs: :thumbs:
Denilson will leave Arsenal this summer after the Brazilian’s contract was cancelled.
The 25-year old, who has made over 150 appearances for the North London club, has spent the last two seasons on loan at Sao Paulo.
Denilson has one year left to run on his Arsenal deal, but according to the player’s agent his time with Arsene Wenger’s side is over.

‘I can confirm Denilson and Arsenal have agreed to terminate his contract at the end of this month,’ Alexandre Soares said.

‘Denilson is free to move to another club and a number of clubs are interested in him.
‘I do not want to name teams, but there is interest from Brazil as well as Russia, Italy, Germany and Turkey and I am talking to them.

‘No decision has been made and we will assess all offers that come our way.
‘If Denilson does stay in Brazil, Sao Paulo has the priority, but I do not rule out him moving to another Brazilian club as well.’

Denilson was shown a straight red card for a deliberate handball in Sao Paulo’s match with Atletico Mineiro.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

After 150 experimental features, Project Denilson is deemed a disaster. #youth. Sadly, the same wont become of Bendtner, Djorou and all the other golden generation, too well paid.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Ohen, on the contrary, a goalkeeper who's paid in excess of 40 grand a week to catch a ball and in turn decides to have a panic attack because the balls are being kicked too hard, is a complete waste of space. Goalkeepers win games. Sczcesny is not a match winning keeper, not now, maybe in years to come when he's testes traverse the gubernaculum and nestle in the pouch of skin sagging between his femurs. Cesar is a decent option, not in the class of Cech et al, but a cut above Worzel Gummidge.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Skylolo wrote:
amafolas wrote:

doesn't make sense to say Poldi doesn't fit our system and then name Higuain
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

amafolas wrote:

i dont really want him too, however, we seem to be linked only to 2nd tier strikers like him and in that class he is one of the best. l will rather have him than another project player that may go nowhere. As for missing chances, all strikers do miss chances and he still scores 15-20 consistently.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
amafolas wrote:

Pls explain.

Higuian IMO will fit into our team structure and allow Podoski to be deployed in his preffered position. However, he isnt my 1st choice and l am only considering him becos of reports that we are after him.

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

WINNERMAN wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
amafolas wrote:

Pls explain.

Higuian IMO will fit into our team structure and allow Podoski to be deployed in his preffered position. However, he isnt my 1st choice and l am only considering him becos of reports that we are after him.
Higginbottom is a waste of money, he just wants to go to arsenal for a paid holiday
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

WINNERMAN wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
amafolas wrote:

Pls explain.

you didn't explain and you are asking me?... :o :D
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

To answer the question, the signing of an overweight Higuain to lead the frontline would allow Podolski to start on the bench and revel in his stage fright when called upon. Roles he performed with aplomb towards the end of his spell at Bayern, might one add. The perfect fit for the system will be in his achieving fook all, which is the pinnacle of post-modern Wengerist philosophy.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Damn, new season hasn't even begun and this special cvnt has started already.....we done suffa

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

[/video]

Arsene on Sir Alex....
In the video, he also addresses Arsenal's drop-off. He addresses Bayern, Klopp and Dortmund, Scouting, etc...Educational, very educational.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiii KOS just told Skysports that if Arsenal don't show ambition he is GONZO :roll: Here we go again :curse:

MLK.