The Keshi surprise

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
The Keshi surprise

Post by WINNERMAN »

l have been silently observing Keshi's performance as the coach of our beloved Super Eagles.

i must say unequivocally that he has surprised me and many observers. He has benefited from his past misadventures and l think he is making the best of the opportunity he now has.

ln my opinion, his performance is down to the fact that he has been able to manage his players, the press and his suppoort staff. He has done so well in this area that most are not even aware that Amokachi is a support staff in the current set up.He has also manage himself well and to some extent the NFF.

He will probaby be on the job for as long as CW if not longer. CW is his real mentor in many ways. He has coped and improved CW's successful program. Unfortunately, he may have copied CW's weaknesses too.

His strenghts include ;
. Good management of resources, hard work and ability to motivate his players and get the best out of them.

As per his weaknesses; they include; limited tactical awareness, inability to integrate the best players into his team, alleged spiving and other issues l will rather leave alone.

l like his work withe HB players and believe that his and our long term success will largely depend on the integrity with which he approches the home based program in particular and the whole job in general.

With a bit of support and consistent hardwork, we may have found a good coach finally albeit by trial and error rathan by design.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Keshi surprise

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will have to disagree, Keshi is tactical aware.

His weaknesses are

1. Clashes with the NFF
2. Inability to improve the depth of the SE so far.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:I will have to disagree, Keshi is tactical aware.

His weaknesses are

1. Clashes with the NFF
So you would regard a coach's ability to take $@#% from tha NFF as a 'strength'?
As for the depth of the squad, how does he deepen it if he can't get Messi and Roansldo to change nationalities to Nigerian? He can only make use of the materials at his disposal.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Damunk wrote:

His weaknesses are

1. Clashes with the NFF
So you would regard a coach's ability to take $@#% from tha NFF as a 'strength'?
As for the depth of the squad, how does he deepen it if he can't get Messi and Roansldo to change nationalities to Nigerian? He can only make use of the materials at his disposal.
Actually, it's a strength to have diplomatic and political skills. Keshi has to kind a way to manage NFF, if he wants to be successful.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:

His weaknesses are

1. Clashes with the NFF
But oga, the NFF has been the same since the days of Keshi as a player and he must have know when he was applying for the job that the wahala of managing them comes with the territory.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

realtrouble wrote:
Damunk wrote:

His weaknesses are

1. Clashes with the NFF
Actually, it's a strength to have diplomatic and political skills. Keshi has to kind a way to manage NFF, if he wants to be successful.
I disagree.
You can only use diplomatic skills with reasonable people.
From all indications, and from history, the NFF are not the most professional people one would like to work with. If you do 'gentleman' style with them, dem go take you chop suya. Dem no send. Players and coach alike are to them, just a means to a selfish end.
CW was only successful bcos he had the ear of the Vice Presidency.
Somebody needs to design a means to put the NFF in their rightful place and it seems playing hardball coupled with on-the-field success is the only way.
The onus to change should be on the NFF and not the coach, whether he is Keshi, Siasia or Mr Heyyou Oyibo.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:

His weaknesses are

1. Clashes with the NFF
But oga, the NFF has been the same since the days of Keshi as a player and he must have know when he was applying for the job that the wahala of managing them comes with the territory.
But your position suggests we should all just accept the NFF like that, with all their $@#%.
Somebody needs to try and change them, so why not Keshi if he believes he has the baLls to do it? We complain, but when someone actually tries to call their bluff, we complain even more!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:

His weaknesses are

1. Clashes with the NFF
But your position suggests we should all just accept the NFF like that, with all their $@#%.
Somebody needs to try and change them, so why not Keshi if he believes he has the baLls to do it? We complain, but when someone actually tries to call their bluff, we complain even more!
But he has to do it with the right combination of carrot and stick not forgetting that his primary objective is the performance and well-being of his players and backroom staff. He can't spend all his energy fighting the establishment at the expense of the team.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

WINNERMAN wrote:l have been silently observing Keshi's performance as the coach of our beloved Super Eagles.

i must say unequivocally that he has surprised me and many observers. He has benefited from his past misadventures and l think he is making the best of the opportunity he now has.

ln my opinion, his performance is down to the fact that he has been able to manage his players, the press and his suppoort staff. He has done so well in this area that most are not even aware that Amokachi is a support staff in the current set up.He has also manage himself well and to some extent the NFF.

He will probaby be on the job for as long as CW if not longer. CW is his real mentor in many ways. He has coped and improved CW's successful program. Unfortunately, he may have copied CW's weaknesses too.

His strenghts include ;
. Good management of resources, hard work and ability to motivate his players and get the best out of them.

As per his weaknesses; they include; limited tactical awareness, inability to integrate the best players into his team, alleged spiving and other issues l will rather leave alone.

l like his work withe HB players and believe that his and our long term success will largely depend on the integrity with which he approches the home based program in particular and the whole job in general.

With a bit of support and consistent hardwork, we may have found a good coach finally albeit by trial and error rathan by design.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

His weaknesses are

1. Clashes with the NFF
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Dr Feel is still hurting.
:rotf:
Keshi Effect + Keshi Surprise = ANC Champions.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099