Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:I am with Platinum on this one....

Jovetic - Class....massive potential that can be polished into something special by AW, my first choice all along. I still don't see any reason why we cannot buy him even if we buy Higuain....because he can play behind the striker and wide. IMHO if you cannot get Marco Reus, you have to get Jovetic...there aren't many young players in Europe with that ability.

Higuain - Proven, never convinced by him at Real Madrid, the thing with Higuain is he joined Real Madrid as a youngster sometimes I feel the Walcott effect (i.e he grew up missing chances in big games right in front of our eyes clouds our judgement). He is a goalscorer....my worry with him is how he will cope in the lone striker role, Higuain never struck me as a good link up player like a Henry or RVP. We will have to create chances, if we do he will take them...

Benteke - He has shown in flashes what he is capable of, my only worry is that he has only done it for one season. I will be more comfortable for us to spend big money on him if he shows he can deal with the expectations in his second season.
How many seasons did Olivia do it at Montepellier?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hell even Walcrap looked more competent in the lone striker slot

That's all part of it aniks...we bring in chamakh, giroud, guys who're suited to a certain style of play which isnt ours then we expect them to perform like our old stars. It's not plausible. Is Arsenal a lump the ball up side that wants a main striker holding the ball up?

I can't criticize a player who i watched heavily last season in Montpellier and who I know is capable of far more than we've seen...my brother it would be like me saying a shark is a useless creature when someone puts it on land and says it can't perform...put the ting for ocean and see wetin the animal truly be....

Meanwhile, you watching Sanogo for France? Handful, skillful and strong. Also Kondogbia who's being linked is playing. Spain are doing the business to France though so hard to judge the midfield man.
ER Bros even Odebayor looked great in our system ... Any striker who does not excel at Arsenal with adequate PT, is a waste of space ....
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Hell even Walcrap looked more competent in the lone striker slot

That's all part of it aniks...we bring in chamakh, giroud, guys who're suited to a certain style of play which isnt ours then we expect them to perform like our old stars. It's not plausible. Is Arsenal a lump the ball up side that wants a main striker holding the ball up?

I can't criticize a player who i watched heavily last season in Montpellier and who I know is capable of far more than we've seen...my brother it would be like me saying a shark is a useless creature when someone puts it on land and says it can't perform...put the ting for ocean and see wetin the animal truly be....

Meanwhile, you watching Sanogo for France? Handful, skillful and strong. Also Kondogbia who's being linked is playing. Spain are doing the business to France though so hard to judge the midfield man.
ER Bros even Odebayor looked great in our system ... Any striker who does not excel at Arsenal with adequate PT, is a waste of space ....
:agree: Arsenal system will make average player turn to super star under Wenger.If you can't cut it under Wenger then e go do you like film trick.Where Hleb?Flamini or waiti be e name self Song?Henry was below average befor Wenger turn him to EPL King.
Adebayor was like the second coming of Kanu and Henry.What happen to the guy is shocking after he leave Arsenal.Any striker who can't score 25 goals for us if playing 30 plus game is poor and will never score in another team.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:I am with Platinum on this one....

Jovetic - Class....massive potential that can be polished into something special by AW, my first choice all along. I still don't see any reason why we cannot buy him even if we buy Higuain....because he can play behind the striker and wide. IMHO if you cannot get Marco Reus, you have to get Jovetic...there aren't many young players in Europe with that ability.

Higuain - Proven, never convinced by him at Real Madrid, the thing with Higuain is he joined Real Madrid as a youngster sometimes I feel the Walcott effect (i.e he grew up missing chances in big games right in front of our eyes clouds our judgement). He is a goalscorer....my worry with him is how he will cope in the lone striker role, Higuain never struck me as a good link up player like a Henry or RVP. We will have to create chances, if we do he will take them...

Benteke - He has shown in flashes what he is capable of, my only worry is that he has only done it for one season. I will be more comfortable for us to spend big money on him if he shows he can deal with the expectations in his second season.
How many seasons did Olivia do it at Montepellier?
You this man sef.... :lol:

It is a fair point but remember Olivier led Montpellier to a title! :lol: No right or wrong in this tbh..I like Benteke myself, I pray Totoham or Liverpool don't get him.
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:

His qualities suited us perfectly though. Adebayor is like Kanu, excellent with the ball on his feet, brilliant with back to goal, remember that on is day, the guy na player.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:

His qualities suited us perfectly though. Adebayor is like Kanu, excellent with the ball on his feet, brilliant with back to goal, remember that on is day, the guy na player.

How come he hasn't done that anywhere else?

And oh yeah, those qualities you just mentioned :idea: :idea: :idea: Well Benteke has them in abundance :idea:

MLK.
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Regardless of who we sign, it will still be Arsenal for life. Despite all the negativity, last season was one of the sweetest seasons ever. Sure their was a lot of frustration and insanity, but in the end we did ok. Considering the squad, our weakest since I started following Arsenal some 20 years ago, and the difficulty in the current EPL, I think this was one of Arsene's best managerial seasons. E no easy to play with Ramsey as a key man and finish fourth.

Arsenal for life!

[/video]

Please Prof, complete the deal for Higuain. :thumbs:
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:

And oh yeah, those qualities you just mentioned :idea: :idea: :idea: Well Benteke has them in abundance :idea:

Adebayor's problems are not physical though...
gain, I have not doubted what Benteke has, my doubt is simply from not seeing enough or not buying into it. The guys who I have confidence in, it's based off stuff I have seen. I didnt see enough of Benteke at Gent, and the stuff I saw at Villa last season just didnt make me a believer that he was a rung above the Giroud I'd seen at Montpellier...like Skylolo said, if e dey body, the boy go do am again. Make we siddon look.

I'd rather put the money into Jovetic, Higuain or chaps like that who are confirmed ballers with no question marks.

Take Fellaini, from day one in epl, we all saw that he could play (just like benteke) but to play for Arsenal or challenge for a championship, he had to show a different gear...he has shown that...i want him at Arsenal today...Benteke in my mind hasnt reached that gear....maybe this season, who knows...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:

gain, I have not doubted what Benteke has, my doubt is simply from not seeing enough or not buying into it. The guys who I have confidence in, it's based off stuff I have seen. I didnt see enough of Benteke at Gent, and the stuff I saw at Villa last season just didnt make me a believer that he was a rung above the Giroud I'd seen at Montpellier...like Skylolo said, if e dey body, the boy go do am again. Make we siddon look.

I'd rather put the money into Jovetic, Higuain or chaps like that who are confirmed ballers with no question marks.

Take Fellaini, from day one in epl, we all saw that he could play (just like benteke) but to play for Arsenal or challenge for a championship, he had to show a different gear...he has shown that...i want him at Arsenal today...Benteke in my mind hasnt reached that gear....maybe this season, who knows...

What has Jovetic done to warrant such hype?

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:

What has Jovetic done to warrant such hype?
I'll admit that's a personal bias and he's more potential than confirmed. The boy get magic for leg.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Barcelona attacker Gerard Deulofeu, 19, is a loan target for a number of English clubs which include Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton. Brighton's new manager Oscar Garcia is also keen, though Arsenal are regarded as favourites.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Arsenal's hopes of signing Swansea City defender Ashley Williams, 28, are fading as the Welsh club are refusing to lower their £10m asking price.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Skylo, in praying that neither Tottenham or Liverpool sign Benteke, are you not, albeit indirectly, suggesting that such a signing could take them to another dimension? Were you on bended knee at the altar when Ipsas or whatever he calls himself joined the Scousers? How many Psalms have you read since hearing of Paulinho's link with North London? The fact is, Benteke was amongst the best forwards in the division last season, has bulldozed his way into Belgium's frontline and is bludgeoning defences on that stage too. Higuain will score goals, he had done where ever he's gone, but a couple season's down the line, he'll be Arshavined.

Benteke brings something different, he hasn't the flair of Gonzalo, but he has that touch of agbero that most Arsenalists want, crave. For the best part of too long, we've been treated to a drawn out Mardi Gras festival, featuring some of the leagues most drag queened Ru Pauls! We want beauty and the beast, someone with fight in addition to feet. Need one post the picture of Lauren crushing Neville's trachea? Once we were warriors. Gonzalo will roll like the backside of a pole dancing oochie wally (whatever the fizzuck that means) when the going gets tough. Benteke has enough youth on his side to show no respect. On a good day, he might even throw his head at a nasal bridge, if need be.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:@Skylo, in praying that neither Tottenham or Liverpool sign Benteke, are you not, albeit indirectly, suggesting that such a signing could take them to another dimension? Were you on bended knee at the altar when Ipsas or whatever he calls himself joined the Scousers? How many Psalms have you read since hearing of Paulinho's link with North London? The fact is, Benteke was amongst the best forwards in the division last season, has bulldozed his way into Belgium's frontline and is bludgeoning defences on that stage too. Higuain will score goals, he had done where ever he's gone, but a couple season's down the line, he'll be Arshavined.

Benteke brings something different, he hasn't the flair of Gonzalo, but he has that touch of agbero that most Arsenalists want, crave. For the best part of too long, we've been treated to a drawn out Mardi Gras festival, featuring some of the leagues most drag queened Ru Pauls! We want beauty and the beast, someone with fight in addition to feet. Need one post the picture of Lauren crushing Neville's trachea? Once we were warriors. Gonzalo will roll like the backside of a pole dancing oochie wally (whatever the fizzuck that means) when the going gets tough. Benteke has enough youth on his side to show no respect. On a good day, he might even throw his head at a nasal bridge, if need be.
So how much will cost us to get Benteke?Bobo might head to spurs or Liverpool if Saurez leave.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Coach wrote:@Skylo, in praying that neither Tottenham or Liverpool sign Benteke, are you not, albeit indirectly, suggesting that such a signing could take them to another dimension? Were you on bended knee at the altar when Ipsas or whatever he calls himself joined the Scousers? How many Psalms have you read since hearing of Paulinho's link with North London? The fact is, Benteke was amongst the best forwards in the division last season, has bulldozed his way into Belgium's frontline and is bludgeoning defences on that stage too. Higuain will score goals, he had done where ever he's gone, but a couple season's down the line, he'll be Arshavined.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Coach,

This is a debate that can go on forever....the fact is Arsenal have gone for a player who has proven that he can score goals at every stage at the top level (Intl, CL, La Liga) and handle the pressure of playing for a big club.

Benteke has his qualities and will imrove most teams in the division, but so will a finisher like Higuain...Arsenal have gone for the tried and trusted here, this is something the club have been criticized for not doing for many years. Arsenal have had to see of Juventus for Higuain, this player will also cost more in transfer fees and wages than Benteke..so clearly this is not the cheap option...the Staff @ Arsenal have seen something in this player and want him to lead the line for us.

I dont subscribe to your view that Higuain will roll over when the going gets tough, many said the same when we signed Santi Cazorla last season, when the going got tough he was one of the ones that stood tall on the way to becoming our player of the season. It is not about size, tatoos or a mean look...it is about football ability. :idea:
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Skylolo wrote:

Coach,

This is a debate that can go on forever....the fact is Arsenal have gone for a player who has proven that he can score goals at every stage at the top level (Intl, CL, La Liga) and handle the pressure of playing for a big club.

Benteke has his qualities and will imrove most teams in the division, but so will a finisher like Higuain...Arsenal have gone for the tried and trusted here, this is something the club have been criticized for not doing for many years. Arsenal have had to see of Juventus for Higuain, this player will also cost more in transfer fees and wages than Benteke..so clearly this is not the cheap option...the Staff @ Arsenal have seen something in this player and want him to lead the line for us.

I dont subscribe to your view that Higuain will roll over when the going gets tough, many said the same when we signed Santi Cazorla last season, when the going got tough he was one of the ones that stood tall on the way to becoming our player of the season. It is not about size, tatoos or a mean look...it is about football ability. :idea:

Pssst Skylolo, its all quiet on the Emirates Front :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: Is that good or bad news :ohmy: :ohmy:

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Skylo, t'is one's opinion that they went for Higuain because he's different to Giroud and thus the latter, mightn't be as unsettled by the signing as he would be by Benteke arriving. Christian gives you the big man when needed, as well as the 'ball on the floor' striker. Giroud, supported by the aristocracy, sees himself as the big man up top, who can soften up centrehalves when need be. Add to that the fact that Higuain is fat and would be happy with one as opposed to two games a week and everybodies happy. If Giroud doesn't hit 20 league goals next season, hopefully he'll miss the world cup and conclude his career with nothing more to add. Useless piece of falling down instead of finishing sh*t.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

At the start of last season I thought Arsenal were ready to plug the gaping holes at the back especially given our strong start to the season.

I am surprised by all this talk of personnel at the front when it has been clear for a while that we need some defensive steel at the back.

We must prioritise getting a top class Defensive Midfielder going into this season. We are too thin on the ground with Mikel Arteta.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Thank God

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/06/26 ... e-ceiling/

Fellaini is adept at getting forward, and netted a dozen goals in all competitions last term, but it’s in a more defensive midfield role that Wenger may be looking to use the powerful Everton man.

Arsenal lack bite in the centre of the park and Fellaini has himself talked up the possibility of becoming a more defensively minded player.

Wenger has not adequately replaced Alex Song, who left for Barcelona last summer, and Abou Diaby continues to suffer with injuries and poor form whilst Mikel Arteta, who was used primarily in a holding role in 2012/13, would benefit from the presence of a tough midfield partner, who could also offer protection to the likes of Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla.
Wenger is also set to make a move for Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina, who seems certain to leave Anfield following the arrival of Simon Mignolet from Sunderland.

The Spanish international is seen by Arsene Wenger as an ideal signing to become Arsenal’s first choice custodian following the Gunners boss’s loss of faith in young Pole Wojciech Szczesny who had a very average season last term.

Reina is thought to be open to a move to Arsenal and is reportedly keen to remain in the Premier League having settled in England, this despite growing speculation that the former Barcelona man may be seen as a long term replacement for Victor Valdes, who has publicly stated he is to leave the Nou Camp in a year’s time.

Pepe Reina will jump at the chance of a move to a side that can offer him Champions League football and a high profile move could even assist his push for a more prominent role in Vicente del Bosque’s Spanish national team set-up. The 30 year old has managed to collect just 28 caps since making his debut in 2005, seeing Iker Casillas take the lions share of attention, even during the period when he was left on the bench by Jose Mourinho in 2012/13.

Wenger is willing to offer up to £10m to land Reina, a bid that Liverpool may well accept as boss Brendan Rodgers needs to balance the books having already brought in four signings this summer and has plans to make further moves in the transfer window.

Arsenal are also set to offer Reina in excess of the £110k a week deal the experienced keeper is currently enjoying at Liverpool.

Reina has been a consistent Premier League performer and has racked up 394 appearances over the course of his eight seasons in Merseyside.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... llace-loan

Arsenal have held preliminary talks with QPR about signing Cesar but are biding their time to avoid overpaying for the 33-year-old.

Rangers need to offload the Brazil No.1 from their wage bill - he is believed to earn around £80,000-a-week - as they prepare for life in the Championship.
We have competition but it gladdens me that Le prof is going for proven targets rather than hey yous. Goodluck le boss.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Coach,

Pssst Skylolo, its all quiet on the Emirates Front :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: Is that good or bad news :ohmy: :ohmy:

I hope Arsenal are acting like a child....quiet when doing the most dangerous things.

Meanwhile, it's not all quiet...Vassiriki is off crutches :)

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

cchinukw wrote:Thank God

Fellaini is adept at getting forward, and netted a dozen goals in all competitions last term, but it’s in a more defensive midfield role that Wenger may be looking to use the powerful Everton man.

Arsenal lack bite in the centre of the park and Fellaini has himself talked up the possibility of becoming a more defensively minded player.

Wenger has not adequately replaced Alex Song, who left for Barcelona last summer, and Abou Diaby continues to suffer with injuries and poor form whilst Mikel Arteta, who was used primarily in a holding role in 2012/13, would benefit from the presence of a tough midfield partner, who could also offer protection to the likes of Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla.
Wenger is also set to make a move for Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina, who seems certain to leave Anfield following the arrival of Simon Mignolet from Sunderland.

The Spanish international is seen by Arsene Wenger as an ideal signing to become Arsenal’s first choice custodian following the Gunners boss’s loss of faith in young Pole Wojciech Szczesny who had a very average season last term.

Reina is thought to be open to a move to Arsenal and is reportedly keen to remain in the Premier League having settled in England, this despite growing speculation that the former Barcelona man may be seen as a long term replacement for Victor Valdes, who has publicly stated he is to leave the Nou Camp in a year’s time.

Pepe Reina will jump at the chance of a move to a side that can offer him Champions League football and a high profile move could even assist his push for a more prominent role in Vicente del Bosque’s Spanish national team set-up. The 30 year old has managed to collect just 28 caps since making his debut in 2005, seeing Iker Casillas take the lions share of attention, even during the period when he was left on the bench by Jose Mourinho in 2012/13.

Wenger is willing to offer up to £10m to land Reina, a bid that Liverpool may well accept as boss Brendan Rodgers needs to balance the books having already brought in four signings this summer and has plans to make further moves in the transfer window.

Arsenal are also set to offer Reina in excess of the £110k a week deal the experienced keeper is currently enjoying at Liverpool.

Reina has been a consistent Premier League performer and has racked up 394 appearances over the course of his eight seasons in Merseyside.

caught offside? yeah right :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

if a website called "Gol" is hardly ever right when it comes to transfer, why will the website whoso name is synonymous with Adebayor's mistimed runs be.

Caughtoffside is junk. And Arsenal will never ever spend 32MP on two players, except if they planned to sell two players for that much.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Bia Nwokem na caught offside you dey use as source and even get the confido to put dia link as reference :shock: :rotf:
Bros, while ur at it make u use National Enquirer next time :taunt:
cchinukw wrote:Thank God

MLK.