Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Post by WINNERMAN »

l hope we are not being taken for a ride again, with all these rumours and no serious purchase.

The likes of Bendtner and Chammakh cant get off the wage bill quick enough but spending the savings on potentials like Sanogo is not the way to go. We need genuine top class purchases and quickly too.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mannone off to Sunderland for 3.2 MP

Fabregas 2.5 MP from Barca winning la Liga

Transfer kitty now at 75.7 MP

:lol: :lol:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Bendtner nears move to Frankfurt 3 MP

Transfer kitty going up to 78.7 MP

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Skylolo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Sonogo will need at least 1 or 2 years to acclimatize to the fast paced EPL. When I say next gen, I don't mean next gen the tournament. I mean a player for the future, not a player that we should count on to win the EPL next year. Anything we get from him is a bonus. He is a player that should start out in reserves, play some Carling cup games, play all of the pre-season games.
I did not say we will count on him to win the EPL, that is exactly why we are going after players like Higuain, Rooney, Fellaini, Bender, Grenier etc etc

Acclimatization does not mean he cannot contribute as a squad player afterall Arsenal will play in 4 competitions CL, EPL, FA Cup and Carling Cup.......Sanogo will join his age mates like Chamberlain, Jenkinson, Eisfeld and possibly Miyaichi and Gnabry in and around the first team looking to take their chances when they get it.
Looking in the shop window is waaay different than acquiring them......siddon look mode ON since 2007
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Skylo, please detail what you consider Arsenal's obligation (MUST) this transfer window, what positions must be added to and specify the type of quality needed. Granted quality is arbitrary and very subjective, so for want of simplicity, kindly employ the following scale:

1. Domestic league class eg, Kieran Gibbs
2. Continental class eg, Leighton Baines
3. World class eg, Philip Lahm
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Where is the top striker we have been promised? What rubbish is this?

Even Higuan is a climb down for me but acquiring should signal Arsenal's intent to win things. So where is the world class striker we were told we were going to acquire? Where are the world class defenders/goalie? I weep for Arsenal. Kai.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

cchinukw wrote:Where is the top striker we have been promised? What rubbish is this?

Even Higuan is a climb down for me but acquiring should signal Arsenal's intent to win things. So where is the world class striker we were told we were going to acquire? Where are the world class defenders/goalie? I weep for Arsenal. Kai.
Ol'e boy....it be like say di tin pass Man Of Steel film trick :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Coach wrote:@Skylo, please detail what you consider Arsenal's obligation (MUST) this transfer window, what positions must be added to and specify the type of quality needed. Granted quality is arbitrary and very subjective, so for want of simplicity, kindly employ the following scale:

The Obligation of the Board is to spend the money available in a way that creates the most value to the Club.

My own personal opinion at the start of the Window was that Arsenal needed a new CF, AM/Winger and a Dynamic CM and a fouth choice CB who does not have to be anything special tbh. I would have been delighted with Lewandowski, Jovetic and Fernandinho. However I know this is not football manager, this is the real World where Lewandowski wants to join Bayern, Fernandino moved for £30M and Jovetic wants Juventus.

The likes of Higuain, Grenier, Illaramendi & Bender can improve our team.
To God be the glory
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Skylolo wrote:
Coach wrote:@Skylo, please detail what you consider Arsenal's obligation (MUST) this transfer window, what positions must be added to and specify the type of quality needed. Granted quality is arbitrary and very subjective, so for want of simplicity, kindly employ the following scale:

The Obligation of the Board is to spend the money available in a way that creates the most value to the Club.

My own personal opinion at the start of the Window was that Arsenal needed a new CF, AM/Winger and a Dynamic CM and a fouth choice CB who does not have to be anything special tbh. I would have been delighted with Lewandowski, Jovetic and Fernandinho. However I know this is not football manager, this is the real World where Lewandowski wants to join Bayern, Fernandino moved for £30M and Jovetic wants Juventus.

Improve our team for what exactly?
4th place, then sell our best players 2 seasons down the line for profit, get another couple of 'bargains' then repeat the process all over again?
That is not going to wash this time my friend.....
Gazump was making mouf a month ago talking about Arsenal's purchasing power.....now we are hearing excuses that we may get outbid for our potential purchases......

I would have more respect for these vultures if they say nothing......

PS how much does a yearly season ticket for Bayern Munich cost? £90......they have a similar stadium capacity and a bigger wage bill than AFC.......hmmmmmm

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Looks like Jovetic is headed to Real Madrid...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
gypsylady
Egg
Egg

Post by gypsylady »

Are we there yet?
Silence is often misinterpreted but never misquoted.
There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Gooner1 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Improve our team for what exactly?
4th place, then sell our best players 2 seasons down the line for profit, get another couple of 'bargains' then repeat the process all over again?
That is not going to wash this time my friend.....
Gazump was making mouf a month ago talking about Arsenal's purchasing power.....now we are hearing excuses that we may get outbid for our potential purchases......

I would have more respect for these vultures if they say nothing......

PS how much does a yearly season ticket for Bayern Munich cost? £90......they have a similar stadium capacity and a bigger wage bill than AFC.......hmmmmmm
You improve your team as best as you can and ask them to compete, there is no guarantee of anything in Professional sport :idea: every other team in the league faces the same situation...

We are all waiting for them to improve the team and as long as the window is open, that can and should still happen.
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Yaya Sanogo scores...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

anikulapo wrote:Boy this club really needs David Dein :curse:
David dein bigger than Arsenal now, so move on. :P

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

2.5 MP from the Fabregas sale.

Transfer kitty now at 78.2 MP

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

One positive from the club, they've shifted most of the unwanted. 21 bleeding players! That's a full ****ing team. The following list of players have left the club this summer...

Senior Players
Nicklas Bendtner (£4m), Johan Djourou (loan), Squillaci (free), Arshavin (free), Denilson (released), Vito Mannone (undisclosed)

Reserve Players
Martin Angha (free), Sanchez Watt (free), James Shea (released), Conor Henderson (released), Kyle Ebecillo (free), Craig Eastmond (free), Elton Monteiro (free), Nigel Neita (free), Jernade Meade (free), Jordan Wynter (free)

Youth Players
Phillip Roberts (released), Reice Charles-Cook (released), Josh Rees (released), Samir Bihmountine (released), Sead Hajrovic (released)

Potentially Chamakh, Gervais, Park, Santos...Club is not simply sitting on their hands.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:2.5 MP from the Fabregas sale.

Transfer kitty now at 78.2 MP
They haven't even paid up for Neymar........how are AFC going to get their money, abi?

Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Rumour has it that 100k/w Gareth Barry is willing to take a pay cut to join Arsenal
EagleGunner
Egg
Egg

Post by EagleGunner »

Blukyt wrote:Rumour has it that 100k/w Gareth Barry is willing to take a pay cut to join Arsenal
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Super Eagles Apparel Storefront

http://bit.ly/2KAOOse
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:One positive from the club, they've shifted most of the unwanted. 21 bleeding players! That's a full ****ing team. The following list of players have left the club this summer...

Senior Players
Nicklas Bendtner (£4m), Johan Djourou (loan), Squillaci (free), Arshavin (free), Denilson (released), Vito Mannone (undisclosed)

Reserve Players
Martin Angha (free), Sanchez Watt (free), James Shea (released), Conor Henderson (released), Kyle Ebecillo (free), Craig Eastmond (free), Elton Monteiro (free), Nigel Neita (free), Jernade Meade (free), Jordan Wynter (free)

Youth Players
Phillip Roberts (released), Reice Charles-Cook (released), Josh Rees (released), Samir Bihmountine (released), Sead Hajrovic (released)

Potentially Chamakh, Gervais, Park, Santos...Club is not simply sitting on their hands.
And theres your £70 million!

For how long can the fickle be made the fool?
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

EagleGunner wrote:
Blukyt wrote:Rumour has it that 100k/w Gareth Barry is willing to take a pay cut to join Arsenal
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Junk player.......always has been......always will be

femibyte
Egg
Egg
Arsenal struggle to agree Higuain fee with Real Madrid

Post by femibyte »

Hmm, are Arsenal that cheap, with all the money in the coffers?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... eal-madrid

The Gunners remain locked in negotiations with los Blancos but are reluctant to pay more than £21 million for the Argentine striker and are now considering a fall-back option

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Arsenal's bid to sign Gonzalo Higuain has stalled as they struggle to agree a fee with Real Madrid, Goal understands.
The Londoners are reluctant to pay above £21 million for the striker, while the Spanish giants hold out for £25.5m.

CONFEDERATIONS CUP AWARDS
10/1 Arsenal are 10/1 with Paddy Power to win the Premier League next season
The two clubs remain locked in negotiations but Arsene Wenger is now understood to be eyeing up an alternative proven striker at a cheaper price.

Goal reported in June that an Arsenal delegation flew out to Madrid to finalise the Higuain deal with their Madrid counterparts.

However, the talks did not result in an agreement and, despite Arsenal's confidence that a deal can be secured, Wenger is now considering a fall-back option.

Arsenal have agreed the terms of a contract with Higuain that will start with a salary of £100,000-a-week, which will bring him in line with the club's top earners Theo Walcott and skipper Thomas Vermaelen.

Higuain will pocket a bumper pay rise if he completes a move to the Gunners as he is believed to be earning a relatively modest £64,000-a-week at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Juventus have also made the prolific forward an offer but are unwilling to pay a £20m-plus fee after signing Carlos Tevez and unveiling fellow forward Fernando Llorente on Tuesday.

Arsenal remain in pole position to capture Higuain, who has his heart set on a move to Emirates Stadium but has to remain patient while negotiations continue.

Wenger has prioritised the signing of a top forward this summer and retains a concrete interest in Wayne Rooney, who is keen to sever his ties with Manchester United.

The Higuain deal is regarded as easier to secure even though it would break the £20m transfer barrier and comfortably smash the club's transfer record.

Arsenal began their summer recruitment drive on Monday after completing the signing of Yaya Sanogo on a free transfer from Auxerre.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal struggle to agree Higuain fee with Real Madrid

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal should not pay more than that and his pay should not be more than 80k since he is making just 64k weekly in Madrid.
Hey but can you merge this with Arsenal thread?