Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bouncino
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Post by bouncino »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Latest Rumour: Cesc to consider move to ManUtd if Barca accept bid
Most sources report the opposite so i don't know where you heard this.
I was wondering. Even ESPN Soccernet is saying the opposite on its front page
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Gooner1 wrote:Latest Rumour: Cesc to consider move to ManUtd if Barca accept bid
From what the dude has said in the past is he's happy to remain at Barca. I think he even said if he comes to England it's only to Arsenal. That's neither here nor there but not about this consideration business you speak of. Only the bid has been reported.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Tito Vilanova has said Cesc wants to stay at Barca
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Jermaine Meade to sign for Swansea :boo: :boo: hope we don't regret releasing that kid. A true talent :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

anikulapo wrote:Jermaine Meade to sign for Swansea :boo: :boo: hope we don't regret releasing that kid. A true talent :thumb:
We need to make room for all the top top top top top top quality players Wenger is going to buy. So no shaking :taunt:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Blukyt wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Jermaine Meade to sign for Swansea :boo: :boo: hope we don't regret releasing that kid. A true talent :thumb:
We need to make room for all the top top top top top top quality players Wenger is going to buy. So no shaking :taunt:
Just putting in bids for top top top top top quality is more than enough :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: (let's hope that the selling clubs don't call AFC's bluff)
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Will start with their under 21.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

What passion :thumbs: :thumbs:

A Vietnamese Arsenal fan ran alongside the team bus for five miles in the humidity of Hanoi before he was invited on by the players to get his shirt signed.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I'm all but resigned to us not making a splash signing this summer. It's unlikely Fabregas will give up on Barca after just 2 seasons. Suarez and Rooney are way too expensive and I'm having trouble believing we are in for Higuain when, after weeks of speculation, Real came out and said Arsenal did not table a bid for him.

While I wont be disappointed if we fail to sign any of these marquee names, I hope at the very least we sign a quality starting central midfielder and a striker that can give us 10-15 goals in his debut season with the club. I have a feeling we will go about this transfer window the Arsenal way and leave it until late in the summer to confirm a significant signing or two.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am a strong believer that the team can win the premiership without making a splash signing. What Arsenal needs Is depth.

1. I would take a Giroud type signing for 12 MP that score 16 goals backing up Oliver Giroud who is poised to improve on last season.
2. I would take a bargain type signing like Onazi for 8 MP under the radar type player that will provide depth the squad.
3. I would take a Sagna type sigining for 8 MP. An unknown player under the radar type player that turned out to be included in multiple PFA team of year selections.

Team needs

1 CD at the minimum and then hope that Vermealen recovers from his back injury by early September. Maybe 2 central defenders
2 CM- Arteta is injury prone, Rosicky is also injury prone, Diaby well, wilshere also injury prone.
2 Strikers- you need a minimum of 3 strikers to prosecute 4 competitions. Protect yourself against a player going down for a long stretch of time. Plenty of games to go around.

1 LB- still not sold on Gibbs
1 RB- Need a replacement to Sagna
1 GK- more competition for Chezny
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am a strong believer that the team can win the premiership without making a splash signing. What Arsenal needs Is depth.

1. I would take a Giroud type signing for 12 MP that score 16 goals backing up Oliver Giroud who is poised to improve on last season.
2. I would take a bargain type signing like Onazi for 8 MP under the radar type player that will provide depth the squad.
3. I would take a Sagna type sigining for 8 MP. An unknown player under the radar type player that turned out to be included in multiple PFA team of year selections.

Team needs

1 CD at the minimum and then hope that Vermealen recovers from his back injury by early September. Maybe 2 central defenders
2 CM- Arteta is injury prone, Rosicky is also injury prone, Diaby well, wilshere also injury prone.
2 Strikers- you need a minimum of 3 strikers to prosecute 4 competitions. Protect yourself against a player going down for a long stretch of time. Plenty of games to go around.

1 LB- still not sold on Gibbs
1 RB- Need a replacement to Sagna
1 GK- more competition for Chezny
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Ohen, relativity! The better teams win honours. There were 3 better equiped squads last season, hence Arsenal finishing fourth. The days of Wenger making a difference are done. The game has changed and his old Draconian approach to team building has come undone at the seams. If Arsenal do not strengthen in accordance with the days demands, they're going nowhere. This coming season will be no different to those past, unless the head of fire breathing Wengerism is severed. No trophy of note, no title challenge. Without the world quality needed, the produce will mirror past harvests.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

@InsideLaLiga: BREAKING: Atletico Madrid reportedly reach personal terms with Arsenal's Santi Cazorla http://t.co/zGuTtQlz1Y #Cazorla #AFC
Surely this is some BS :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere excited by prospect of big-name signings

Jack Wilshere claims Arsenal players are excited by the prospect of big-name signings and need to aim high this season.

The Gunners look set to invest in a forward with Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain linked with moves to the Emirates Stadium so far this summer.

Wilshere admits there is a buzz about the club and with the top three all changing their manager from last season, the midfielder senses an opportunity to use that to Arsenal's advantage.

"Everyone at the training ground has been talking about big-name signings," he told reporters.

"It would give us all such a massive lift. Not just the players but the staff and everybody connected to Arsenal.

"Everything has changed at the other top-four clubs. Alex Ferguson has gone, Chelsea and City have new managers so we have to set our targets high.

"We showed how good we can be during the run-in last season - we had our destiny put in front of us. We had to win those games to finish in the top four and we stood up to the challenge.

"Now the goal is to play with that kind of consistency all season. If we can, we can definitely win something."

He added: "Manchester United won the title last season yet it wasn't the best United team we've seen.

"They won it because they had a big squad. If you look at their games, they sometimes rotated the whole back four.

"We've got a strong team at Arsenal and if we can add a few more to our squad then it can be a good season for us.

"We've got the Champions League, the FA and Capital One cups and the Premier League to contend with - it never stops

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... e-signings
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Blukyt wrote:
@InsideLaLiga: BREAKING: Atletico Madrid reportedly reach personal terms with Arsenal's Santi Cazorla http://t.co/zGuTtQlz1Y #Cazorla #AFC

Better believe it. Wenger na real miser. We will see
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Coach wrote:Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere excited by prospect of big-name signings

Jack Wilshere claims Arsenal players are excited by the prospect of big-name signings and need to aim high this season.

The Gunners look set to invest in a forward with Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain linked with moves to the Emirates Stadium so far this summer.

Wilshere admits there is a buzz about the club and with the top three all changing their manager from last season, the midfielder senses an opportunity to use that to Arsenal's advantage.

"Everyone at the training ground has been talking about big-name signings," he told reporters.

"It would give us all such a massive lift. Not just the players but the staff and everybody connected to Arsenal.

"Everything has changed at the other top-four clubs. Alex Ferguson has gone, Chelsea and City have new managers so we have to set our targets high.

"We showed how good we can be during the run-in last season - we had our destiny put in front of us. We had to win those games to finish in the top four and we stood up to the challenge.

"Now the goal is to play with that kind of consistency all season. If we can, we can definitely win something."

He added: "Manchester United won the title last season yet it wasn't the best United team we've seen.

"They won it because they had a big squad. If you look at their games, they sometimes rotated the whole back four.

"We've got a strong team at Arsenal and if we can add a few more to our squad then it can be a good season for us.

"We've got the Champions League, the FA and Capital One cups and the Premier League to contend with - it never stops

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... e-signings
Based on what is happening now, they better get used to another season of mediocrity. The only contract Weng-liar is sure of is his own
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Blukyt wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To God be the glory
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

I am very sceptical with the way things are happening. Players and Wenger being vocal about big name signings. It seems very weird and forced. Is this all a ploy to secure ticket sales
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Blu, your skepticism is misplaced. There is no conundrum to second guess, no code to crack, it is what it is and always has been. Arsenal are doing no different to what they have done for years. The side will not be strengthened in accordance with the day to give the best possibility of success, for success has been redefined. There is no 70 million, it doesn't exist and never has, only a fool believed it so. There is no intention to win anything of note, suffice to say, one will wager with anybody here that Arsenal will finish behind Chelsea and United next season. They will not make an FA Cup final or compete in the last four of the Champions League. History will repeat itself for the same tired philosophies are being employed time over. This club is going nowhere on the grasses green, the lemmings can shout, curse, lambaste till their hearts content, May 2014, Arsenal wins nothing of note. If anybody has belief in this bullsh*t, let us wager and make it worthwhile.
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Calm down people, remember that most of Arsene's major buys in the past, I mean the superstars, have been late buys. Thierry, Lehman, Wiltord, etc.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Match v Vietnam about to kickoff
Blukyt
Egg
Egg
Vietnam v Arsenal

Post by Blukyt »

Giroud scores with his second touch of the match
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cheiiii THE GUNNERS are balling, great move but ball careens of the upright and Gnabry cant finish .... Cheiii game heating up...But I cant stand this Stuart Robson and his Arsenal hatred :twisted:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.