Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Post by Nkume »

We dont need Zalalem, Kongogbia, or any other midfielder. Arteta will continue as holding midfielder. When he retires, we have the perfect replacement in Zalelem. :thumbs:

[/video]

But Wenger needs to complete his move for Suarez and sign Ceasar!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:We dont need Zalalem, Kongogbia, or any other midfielder. Arteta will continue as holding midfielder. When he retires, we have the perfect replacement in Zalelem. :thumbs:

[/video]

On the contrary son we really need a replacement for Mikel. He has looked painfully slow and labored against Asians. What's he gonna do against more physical and rugged EPL players this season :ohmy:

Hey Father Time is undefeated :scared: :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Now that AW has unsettled Suarez, his gameplan is now unravelling .....

Arsene Wenger is determined not to raise Arsenal's £40m bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez - even if it means the transfer going to the wire.
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Would be a huge mistake to sign Suarez. If Suarez is having problems at Liverpool, what makes you think Suarez will not cause trouble at Arsenal. That 40 MP can be used to strengthen the team in other ways.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nkume wrote:We dont need Zalalem, Kongogbia, or any other midfielder. Arteta will continue as holding midfielder. When he retires, we have the perfect replacement in Zalelem. :thumbs:

[/video]

Should be interesting the next couple of games against Man City, Napoli and Galatasary. Just hope some fans don't get carry away playing against Vietnam, Indonesia, Grampus and Urawa.

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

[/video]

My guy needs to beef up!

A cold night at the Britannia
Shawcorss with a legal assault
A cold night at the Britannia
We all have seen the result
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

ohenhen1 wrote:Would be a huge mistake to sign Suarez. If Suarez is having problems at Liverpool, what makes you think Suarez will not cause trouble at Arsenal. That 40 MP can be used to strengthen the team in other ways.
A mistake to sign a World class striker :roll: , put a sock in it dude. :idea:

Insert Suarez upfront in this Arsenal team and he gets 35+ goals easy! :drool: Why do you think Liverpool are trying so hard to hold on to him and keep him from a rival despite his problems? :roll:
To God be the glory
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Well known Journo and Gooner Amy Lawrence said last night on BBC5Live AW is the problem.

http://soundcloud.com/arseblog/amy-lawr ... ence-5live
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Well known Journo and Gooner Amy Lawrence said last night on BBC5Live AW is the problem.

He was not the problem when the club did not have much money but he managed to keep us relevant in the top 4.. :roll:

Amy should find something better to do with her time, why dont you bring Harry Redknapp in to help spend the money... nonsense... :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Well known Journo and Gooner Amy Lawrence said last night on BBC5Live AW is the problem.

He was not the problem when the club did not have much money but he managed to keep us relevant in the top 4.. :roll:

Amy should find something better to do with her time, why dont you bring Harry Redknapp in to help spend the money... nonsense... :lol: :lol:
Did you listen to what she said...because it seems as if you just ignored it.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Atletico Mineiro have accepted an offer from Shakhtar Donetsk for Bernard, according to the Brazilian club's president.

However, Bernard appears closer to a move to Porto, with his father having revealed that compatriot Hulk has convinced him to move to Portugal, while his agent wants the same and has branded a move to Arsenal "risky".

Rumours in Brazil on Tuesday have indicated that a transfer to the Portuguese champions could be finalised on Friday, but Atletico chief Alexandre Kalil has revealed that, so far, only Shakhtar have submitted an offer that matches the club's asking price of £22 million.

"Things are very advanced, [Wednesday] will probably be his last game [for the club]," he told reporters. "The team is Shakhtar. They offered the value we want. If Bernard wants, he will go.

"If he does not want to go to Ukraine, that's no problem. It's in his hands. I have talked with him. It's a private matter. If he does not want to go, we will not force him."

The 20-year-old has also confirmed that he is considering the offer, but that he is yet to decide if it will be right move for him ahead of next summer's World Cup.
"I don't know if it will be best for me, I'm talking with my family," he was reported as saying by Lancenet. "But nothing is certain yet. I had a meeting with the president and he told me what Shakhtar offered him and myself. It is between Porto and Shakhtar."

Bernard, who has been named in Luiz Felipe Scolari's squad to face Switzerland on August 14, had himself suggested in a press conference on Monday that Wednesday's Brazilian league match against Atletico Paranese would be his final appearance for the Belo Horizonte side.

The attacker also said that he hopes the saga that has surrounded his future is soon brought to a close, but hopes to stay with the Copa Libertadores winners until after December's Club World Cup campaign.

"I want to resolve it quickly, if go or stay, because this story is already boring," he told reporters. "I want to stay [to compete in the Club World Cup], I made it clear I did not want to go before the end of the year.

"If I have the opportunity to sign and go after the Club World Cup that would be very important. I want to have the chance to win it for Atletico."

Bernard, who had attracted interest from Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool, wants his next club to provide him with the opportunity to play in the World Cup.

"I've been studying the possibilities and proposals that have been put forward to Atletico and to me," he added. "We are looking and talking, seeing what is best for us.

"I want to be at a club that gives me visibility. I said I want to be at the World Cup and my chances grow by being at a club with good visibility. I want to be playing, regardless of where it is, but I want to be happy."

The suggestion in the Brazilian media, fuelled by talk from Bernard's agent and his father, is that Porto would be a better option for the player given the failure of Willian and Fernandinho to make the Brazil squad on a regular basis while playing in Ukraine.

sauce: Jabanero Jam, GBK

So, Bernard it isn't, next stop Cabaye perhaps? A 40 million, we already know its going to be rejected, bid for Mata? 60 for Iniesta has got to be on the cards at some point.
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

Coach wrote:Atletico Mineiro have accepted an offer from Shakhtar Donetsk for Bernard, according to the Brazilian club's president.

However, Bernard appears closer to a move to Porto, with his father having revealed that compatriot Hulk has convinced him to move to Portugal, while his agent wants the same and has branded a move to Arsenal "risky".

Rumours in Brazil on Tuesday have indicated that a transfer to the Portuguese champions could be finalised on Friday, but Atletico chief Alexandre Kalil has revealed that, so far, only Shakhtar have submitted an offer that matches the club's asking price of £22 million.

"Things are very advanced, [Wednesday] will probably be his last game [for the club]," he told reporters. "The team is Shakhtar. They offered the value we want. If Bernard wants, he will go.

"If he does not want to go to Ukraine, that's no problem. It's in his hands. I have talked with him. It's a private matter. If he does not want to go, we will not force him."

The 20-year-old has also confirmed that he is considering the offer, but that he is yet to decide if it will be right move for him ahead of next summer's World Cup.
"I don't know if it will be best for me, I'm talking with my family," he was reported as saying by Lancenet. "But nothing is certain yet. I had a meeting with the president and he told me what Shakhtar offered him and myself. It is between Porto and Shakhtar."

Bernard, who has been named in Luiz Felipe Scolari's squad to face Switzerland on August 14, had himself suggested in a press conference on Monday that Wednesday's Brazilian league match against Atletico Paranese would be his final appearance for the Belo Horizonte side.

The attacker also said that he hopes the saga that has surrounded his future is soon brought to a close, but hopes to stay with the Copa Libertadores winners until after December's Club World Cup campaign.

"I want to resolve it quickly, if go or stay, because this story is already boring," he told reporters. "I want to stay [to compete in the Club World Cup], I made it clear I did not want to go before the end of the year.

"If I have the opportunity to sign and go after the Club World Cup that would be very important. I want to have the chance to win it for Atletico."

Bernard, who had attracted interest from Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool, wants his next club to provide him with the opportunity to play in the World Cup.

"I've been studying the possibilities and proposals that have been put forward to Atletico and to me," he added. "We are looking and talking, seeing what is best for us.

"I want to be at a club that gives me visibility. I said I want to be at the World Cup and my chances grow by being at a club with good visibility. I want to be playing, regardless of where it is, but I want to be happy."

The suggestion in the Brazilian media, fuelled by talk from Bernard's agent and his father, is that Porto would be a better option for the player given the failure of Willian and Fernandinho to make the Brazil squad on a regular basis while playing in Ukraine.

sauce: Jabanero Jam, GBK

So, Bernard it isn't, next stop Cabaye perhaps? A 40 million, we already know its going to be rejected, bid for Mata? 60 for Iniesta has got to be on the cards at some point.
Good for them.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Skylolo wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Would be a huge mistake to sign Suarez. If Suarez is having problems at Liverpool, what makes you think Suarez will not cause trouble at Arsenal. That 40 MP can be used to strengthen the team in other ways.

Insert Suarez upfront in this Arsenal team and he gets 35+ goals easy! :drool: Why do you think Liverpool are trying so hard to hold on to him and keep him from a rival despite his problems? :roll:
I don't know if I can support Arsenal if Suarez is a member of Arsenal. It will be difficult, but I re-evaluate my support for Arsenal. Don't care if Suarez is the best striker ever.

Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

I don't know if I can support Arsenal if Suarez is a member of Arsenal. It will be difficult, but I re-evaluate my support for Arsenal. Don't care if Suarez is the best striker ever.
Good for you....it is clear that unlike you Wenger believes a man who made mistakes before can be reformed to be better for himself, his club and the society. :idea:
To God be the glory
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Gooner1 wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Can you summarize what she said and how is it different to the lazy rumours you bums have been peddling here for the last 2 years? :lol:

A couple of years back you people claimed Gazidis was Kroenke's man in there to frustrate deals and keep costs down, then 12 months ago you clowns changed your tune and said Wenger and Gazidis were not even seeing eye to eye :rotf: , and now this year through Amy you are telling us the board wants to spend the money but AW does not? :rotf: :rotf:

What will the story be next year? :rotf:
To God be the glory
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Miss you in advance - you tried to be a great fan. Glass of goodies to the arrival of suarez!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Amy like the army of sports-journos looking for freelance gigs on radio are working off speculation - nothing added - move on - bring the old biases with ya - luggage allowances is gd!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Miss you in advance - you tried to be a great fan. Glass of goodies to the arrival of suarez!!!
I can't support any club that employs a guy that is a racist, mistakes ko mistakes ni. I won't sacrifice my principles what I belive in to win.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

New Signing 2013-14 : The Next Thierry Henry :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ligamentum
Egg
Egg

Post by Ligamentum »

anikulapo wrote:New Signing 2013-14 : The Next Thierry Henry :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

The boy is good. His time will come.
@#$% bitchress Vogts
this guy has destroyed nigerian football!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

I can't support any club that employs a guy that is a racist, mistakes ko mistakes ni. I won't sacrifice my principles what I belive in to win.
Most times I just think your comments here are tongue-in-cheek, cause if they are not, then you are as deluded as they come. It will be a pleasure to The Arsenal FC knowing that you don't support them anymore.

If only you can take yourself seriously, for once, and stay away from the club you don't support anymore. Stop posting your opaks in this thread.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cally wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Most times I just think your comments here are tongue-in-cheek, cause if they are not, then you are as deluded as they come. It will be a pleasure to The Arsenal FC knowing that you don't support them anymore.

If only you can take yourself seriously, for once, and stay away from the club you don't support anymore. Stop posting your opaks in this thread.
Arsenal won't sign Suarez. It will be my pleasure not to support a racist.