Calabar Super Eagles Diary, Day 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

amoky
Egg
Egg
Re: Calabar Super Eagles Diary, Day 1

Post by amoky »

Please explain the highlighted :taunt:

The Super Eagles are back to Calabar for the FIFA Brazil 2014 World Cup qualifiers and so am I.

Though I would have loved to be in Calabar since Monday, the same day the Eagles arrived, I realised I do not work for myself and those who pay me insisted it had to be Thursday.

Pic: Andy Randa, Ogenyi Onazi, China Acheru

I got to Calabar a bit late because I left Port Harcourt a bit late (no brainer) and while on the way down, I began to map out what my itinerary would be like since I had already arrived there two days behind schedule.

I knew had had to visit the Eagles' camp at the Metropolitan Hotel (now Transcorp), I had to get accredited for the game and of course I had to visit my favourite dog porridge joint which I never miss on any of my trips to Calabar.

First things first

I had to go to the Hotel to see what interview I could do but first I had to settle down to a place to sleep and in an hour and half I was fully settled.

Hotel mates of mine were Oluwashina Okeleji of the BBC and Andy Randa (In pic above)of Supersport.com.

Having gotten that off my chest I rushed to the Eagles Hotel, a wee bit late though and I could only catch Ogenyi Onazi as he did his thing with the Super Eagles youtube channel and then Supersport before I grabbed him to chat.

Now they say Ogenyi Onazi is the chief comedian of the team. If I ever had doubts about that then, not anymore after last night.

Onazi was all over the place, right from the youtube recording cracking us up with his jokes,

He said if not for football he would have been a pastor since he grew up in the church and was toeing the pastoral line before football came calling.

When Onazi was asked what prized possession would he take out of the house if he was leaving on a long journey, he answered, "Is it my house in Nigeria or my house in Italy?"

Then again, he was asked what team mate of his would he want to travel with on a long boring journey and he asked, "Super Eagles team mate or Lazio team mate."

But the one that left me in stitches was when I dropped my midget (voice recorder) between his legs and he shouted out, "Bros, wetin be this thing wey you put inside my leg na (What's this you put between my legs?).

He continued, "Looking at your gaemu (beards) you look like those people (Boko Haram), Make e no be bomb o (I hope it is not a bomb) and you come put am for bad place (and you put it in a sensitive place)

Of course we all laughed and I assured him that I wasn’t one of them because if it was a bomb I would also get killed in the blast but that did not convince him as he said, "Bros, even when dem throw bomb, dem dey die inside too na (You know they are suicide bombers and they also die in their bombings so I am not convinced by your explanations).

In any case we all laughed it off and after the interview was done I asked Onazi to do a shout out for my radio show and he went, "Bros, this one na advert o. How much you go pay? (You would have to pay me for advertising your radio show). But of course, Onazi did the shout out and we all lived happily ever after.

Then I saw my good friend, Deji Tinubu and we chatted on the Super Eagles Social media revolution and after that it was time to shut down for the night.

Friday will be another day since I have sessions with at least seven Super Eagles players (with permission though from their bosses).

Good news. It has not rained yet since I arrived in Calabar at about 5pm until I shut down at 2am on Thursday morning. This will be a great trip.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

404 porridge!! :shock:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

metalalloy wrote:404 porridge!! :shock:
No not you too!! SMHBT!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kolinzo wrote:
No not you too!! SMHBT!

So you dey chop dog meat? e no go surprise me. :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

metalalloy wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
No not you too!! SMHBT!

So you dey chop dog meat? e no go surprise me. :D
You even have a name for it, 404 porridge. SMHBT!! You Port Harcourt people are too special!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

You want me to explain Dog porridge to you?

Any way, the pics will be self explanatory
amoky wrote:Please explain the highlighted :taunt:

The Super Eagles are back to Calabar for the FIFA Brazil 2014 World Cup qualifiers and so am I.

Though I would have loved to be in Calabar since Monday, the same day the Eagles arrived, I realised I do not work for myself and those who pay me insisted it had to be Thursday.

Pic: Andy Randa, Ogenyi Onazi, China Acheru

I got to Calabar a bit late because I left Port Harcourt a bit late (no brainer) and while on the way down, I began to map out what my itinerary would be like since I had already arrived there two days behind schedule.

I knew had had to visit the Eagles' camp at the Metropolitan Hotel (now Transcorp), I had to get accredited for the game and of course I had to visit my favourite dog porridge joint which I never miss on any of my trips to Calabar.

First things first

I had to go to the Hotel to see what interview I could do but first I had to settle down to a place to sleep and in an hour and half I was fully settled.

Hotel mates of mine were Oluwashina Okeleji of the BBC and Andy Randa (In pic above)of Supersport.com.

Having gotten that off my chest I rushed to the Eagles Hotel, a wee bit late though and I could only catch Ogenyi Onazi as he did his thing with the Super Eagles youtube channel and then Supersport before I grabbed him to chat.

Now they say Ogenyi Onazi is the chief comedian of the team. If I ever had doubts about that then, not anymore after last night.

Onazi was all over the place, right from the youtube recording cracking us up with his jokes,

He said if not for football he would have been a pastor since he grew up in the church and was toeing the pastoral line before football came calling.

When Onazi was asked what prized possession would he take out of the house if he was leaving on a long journey, he answered, "Is it my house in Nigeria or my house in Italy?"

Then again, he was asked what team mate of his would he want to travel with on a long boring journey and he asked, "Super Eagles team mate or Lazio team mate."

But the one that left me in stitches was when I dropped my midget (voice recorder) between his legs and he shouted out, "Bros, wetin be this thing wey you put inside my leg na (What's this you put between my legs?).

He continued, "Looking at your gaemu (beards) you look like those people (Boko Haram), Make e no be bomb o (I hope it is not a bomb) and you come put am for bad place (and you put it in a sensitive place)

Of course we all laughed and I assured him that I wasn’t one of them because if it was a bomb I would also get killed in the blast but that did not convince him as he said, "Bros, even when dem throw bomb, dem dey die inside too na (You know they are suicide bombers and they also die in their bombings so I am not convinced by your explanations).

In any case we all laughed it off and after the interview was done I asked Onazi to do a shout out for my radio show and he went, "Bros, this one na advert o. How much you go pay? (You would have to pay me for advertising your radio show). But of course, Onazi did the shout out and we all lived happily ever after.

Then I saw my good friend, Deji Tinubu and we chatted on the Super Eagles Social media revolution and after that it was time to shut down for the night.

Friday will be another day since I have sessions with at least seven Super Eagles players (with permission though from their bosses).

Good news. It has not rained yet since I arrived in Calabar at about 5pm until I shut down at 2am on Thursday morning. This will be a great trip.