Re: 2013/2014 CHELSEA RUMOR TRANSFER/DEVELOPMENT THREAD!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2013/2014 All things CHELSEA Thread!!!

Post by paj »

@ Analyzer Whichever way U paint it,either justified or otherwise, I just strongly felt like he wasn't the type of striker we were looking for, period.That simply explains the exit biko.There were some simple things he wasn't doing right and that did not help.If YOU can't see that then na U sabi. @G4L, rusty or not,the way he took those shots said a lot about his technique than not..period.He was rusty but he got into good positions ..right?IMHO those are the sort of scenarios with which he could've snatched FT's position..extremely frustrating for a coach:Your main striker no sabi move, and the one wey sabi move no sabi take chances.How about the one game he was set free one-on-one with goalie and he cocked it up?Many more instances to pick from.
There are times when A club will sell a young player and people will regret it honestly I DONT.Unfortunately I feel like until FT is gone we wont be able to resolve are striker issues.We've been making poor decisions in that dept for a long time.If U asked me really,siince Drogba came the only other striker who's shown the skillsets we need is Anelka.I want to say Eto'o but it's only 1 game,however, his movement speaks volumes.Wide O...inside O..E no matter...afterall, Anelka is also a 9 who was played "out of position"...no wonder Scolari kept yanning opaks about "He and Drogba can't play together" until Hiddink showed that's Bull Isht.
Young or old we need strikers with certain skillsets.They dont have to be Drogba but this is Chelsea we're talking about.Football is mostly about intelligence.I wish Danny goodluck, I understand his hunger to assert himself but I just dont think he was tailormade for Chelsea..period.Everything else..na wata under Carter Bridge.
@ Anikulapo:You just mad cause all non-Sturridge strikers @Chelsea have bashed Arsenal @ one time or the other..:D
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Kaii.. Opportunistic arsenal fans don dey come to find trouble.. Aniks, sir Ramsey wan make sure say you go gain 100lbs by the time season ends.. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

G4L like a boss don dey come settle family dispute.. :lol: :lol: :D :D

All na jest with paj.... Way of us venting our frustration from Saturday's loss.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paj, nothing wrong with your opinion on if it was a good or bad move.. G4L feels indifferent. Catalyst was over the moon :lol: :lol: Soma was cursing out (nothing new there).. I just felt it was a bad move as CFC lost sight of the ball thanks to other distractions.. Just wanted to rebut your idea on why he was sold..
Last edited by analyzer on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why the 2 of una dey force these threads up? haba analyzer, no turn Chelsea to become the next assanla abeg.. you are going back and forth with an assanal fan paj, i beg you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:Folks wondering genesis of the Sturridge issue -
Pa-J ‏@Pa_J 23h
"@ikwerreman: Sturridge, that was great from Moses. You should have scored"that's why we sold him!was scoring 1 chance outta 5 per match!
That was NOT the reason he was sold..
Pa-J ‏@Pa_J 19h
@Anyibuofu_01 @ikwerreman dude..bono was frustrating to RDM to work with and he thought he suppose start
Pa-J ‏@Pa_J 18h
@Anyibuofu_01 @ikwerreman RDM used to have him watch dvd's on passing the ball and being a team player but e no work..he remained selfish
All, totally inaccurate and again NOT the reason Danny was sold..
He was sold because he was not convinced he had a future at CFC and hence refused to renew his contract.. CFC decided to cash in for a cool 12MP with 6 months left on his contract..

@Paj, i tell you say i get your time today.. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
..what's inaccurate there?Nna stop yanning opaks to make a point.. :boo: na dat one I fit send my boyz for.. :twisted: I cant even tell U how many MOTD's I've watched where bobo either squandered chances or refused to pass to a teammate while trying to score from an impossible angle....eniwe sha..I go still maintain my own:even for a young striker we fit find better if we look well well or try playing two strikers sometimes.. :evil:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:Kaii.. Opportunistic arsenal fans don dey come to find trouble.. Aniks, sir Ramsey wan make sure say you go gain 100lbs by the time season ends.. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

G4L like a boss don dey come settle family dispute.. :lol: :lol: :D :D

All na jest with paj.... Way of us venting our frustration from Saturday's loss.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paj, nothing wrong with your opinion on if it was a good or bad move.. G4L feels indifferent. Catalyst was over the moon :lol: :lol: Soma was cursing out (nothing new there).. I just felt it was a bad move as CFC lost sight of the ball thanks to other distractions.. Just wanted to rebut your idea on why he was sold..
...Nna U're lucky U weren't close by..after 6 Rounds of post match Vodka I was looking for a fight.. :evil: ..after U logged off twitter me and my shadow continued the argument.. :twisted: ..it all started wiff "whatchu grinning @"? :mad:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

analyzer wrote:Kaii.. Opportunistic arsenal fans don dey come to find trouble.. Aniks, sir Ramsey wan make sure say you go gain 100lbs by the time season ends.. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Each time wey Ramsey hang for that game, I just dey visualize bro Aniks with foot in mouth. :lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Paj give it up bro,Chelsea fuvk up as concern Danny.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Bigpokey24 wrote:why the 2 of una dey force these threads up? haba analyzer, no turn Chelsea to become the next assanla abeg.. you are going back and forth with an assanal fan paj, i beg you
Nna na boredome... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meanwhile na Paj resurrect thread..
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

kajifu wrote:Paj give it up bro,Chelsea fuvk up as concern Danny.
what's new?As far as una Gunners dey consan Chelsea mess up in EVERYTHING....@ least thank God we no loan Ba to una...chei!I enjoyed all that GunnerPain that resonated all over the world when Jose pulled the plug on that deal...#ILOVEMOURINHO!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

analyzer wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:why the 2 of una dey force these threads up? haba analyzer, no turn Chelsea to become the next assanla abeg.. you are going back and forth with an assanal fan paj, i beg you
Nna na boredome... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Meanwhile na Paj resurrect thread..
...explaining yourself to BigPork on this matter na like trying to educate a 2 year old on the pythagoras theorem... :boo:
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

But mannnn....The crux of the matter is the MISTAKE that was Torres.....

That decision has snowballed and affected a lot of things....kai....when is year 5 of the contract again?
We gotta get rid of this misery.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ugbowo wrote:But mannnn....The crux of the matter is the MISTAKE that was Torres.....

That decision has snowballed and affected a lot of things....kai....when is year 5 of the contract again?
We gotta get rid of this misery.
....We need a prayer and fasting marathon make dem buy am in the january window biko..abi is that too soon? :shock:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

[/video]
[/video]
[/video]
...eggs?:D chei! Jose... :thumbs:
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

I remember that I was the ONLY one on these pages that was against selling Sturridge, and stood alone arguing against what was then the popular opinion.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=220197&p=3602090&hi ... e#p3602090
odi wrote: I really hope we don't sell Sturridge, that would be a terrible waste. Play him as a striker, for heavens sake.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=220197&p=3578145&hi ... e#p3578145
odi wrote:I'm going to make a prediction now.
No scratch that, I'll make a bet with anyone who's interested (Catalyst, I'm looking at you!):

If Daniel Sturridge completes the season with Chelsea (that is if he's not sold or suffers any long term injury), then he'll outscore Fernando Torres.
(Am already assuming that, like RDM has said, he'll be given a role as a CF.)

Any takers? :twisted:
I kept screaming for him to be given a run as the striker, but no one listened. :(
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So all of a sudden Chelsea fans dey cry Sturridge like say the guy is now Van Persie.E go do you all like film trick soon as na Moses wunna go dey cry like say na Messi you miss
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

odi wrote:I remember that I was the ONLY one on these pages that was against selling Sturridge, and stood alone arguing against what was then the popular opinion.

odi wrote: I really hope we don't sell Sturridge, that would be a terrible waste. Play him as a striker, for heavens sake.
No scratch that, I'll make a bet with anyone who's interested (Catalyst, I'm looking at you!):

If Daniel Sturridge completes the season with Chelsea (that is if he's not sold or suffers any long term injury), then he'll outscore Fernando Torres.

I kept screaming for him to be given a run as the striker, but no one listened. :(
komot jor.. he is useless but for a sissy team like loserpool he is their star man
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Lager-back wrote:
odi wrote:I remember that I was the ONLY one on these pages that was against selling Sturridge, and stood alone arguing against what was then the popular opinion.

komot jor.. he is useless but for a sissy team like loserpool he is their star man
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Lager-back wrote:

:agree:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...CHELSEA FOR LIFE!!! :mad:
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Tough day
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2013/2014 CHELSEA RUMOR TRANSFER/DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Post by Maradona »

green4life wrote:
paj wrote:
green4life wrote:
analyzer wrote:Lukaku off to Everton on season long loan.. A shame but not a bad move.. no way will he get regular PT ahead of Torres and Eto'o.. Willr ather he gets more PT than be riding the bench.. Think long term not short term

A level above WBA..
Forget story. Bullshiet move. Old age has finally caught up to Jose. His decisions on and off the pitch have been leaving me scratching my head. Lukaku, raw and all, is more of a destroyer of small teams than Torres (8 league goals last season) at this point in their careers. No brainer. Give the kid a chance to grow at CFC. The move is fcuuked up shitty. So Jose has left us with three grand pa geriatrics to lead the line. Complete bull shiet by Jose and them. :boo:
I disagree bro.Cant blame Jose one bit.They tried to move Torres but no buyers....Arsenal with their cheap @ss self came with 10MP and we told them to eph-off...Rottenham offered Adebayor + 15M Euros we said mba...we no want Adebayor...tried to loan Ba to them to make room for the youngster but the moment they bought Ozil with said "eph No!"..cause that makes them title contenders..Jose's hands are tied with Torres in the fray...if the right price had come for Torres we'd have sold and kept Lukaku..Torres is a major factor we can't bring someone in because his contract makes him difficult to get rid off..Roman should've bitten Juventus' arm off last summer when they offered 28M Euros..
Pa
So you compound a bad situation with a worse decision. Push come to shove, demote the spare tire to train with the u21s be it Ba or Torres. But you don't weaken your team because you couldn't move dead weight. Dumb. Dumb & dumber. :boo:

At worst, Lukaku will out produce both Ba & Torres this season. Yes he looks like a deer caught in headlamps when played against top teams but the bulk of CFC games are against smaller teams and you win or stay in the league race largely by your results against the small guys. Even Jose knows as much which lends credence to my gut feeling that old age is frying in brain cells at a rapid rate.
His treatment of Mata is absolutely disgraceful and shambolic to say the least. Mata is Chelsea's best and most creative player. Leaving him out for no just cause is a shame and the team will pay for it.
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

http://www.chelseafc.com/chelsea-articl ... ll-stabled
GILES SMITH: STILL STABLED
Columnist and Chelsea season ticket holder Giles Smith was tuned-up and ready for the new European campaign before last night's game, and he is settled too for the long game…

The headlines this morning inevitably suggest doom and despair, as if what we witnessed at the Bridge last night was the arrival of at least two, and possibly three, of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. The tone on the radio phone-in I had on in the car on the way home was pretty similar.
Whereas you could say that what we witnessed was a match featuring, it must be said, a fair bit of bluntness up front, but nevertheless also a match lit up for an hour or so by the brilliance of Willian, and in which Oscar smacked the bar for what would have been 2-0 in the second half, only for our defence to concede a well-constructed equaliser and then accidentally let someone get away at the near post on a late corner.
Do the Apocalyptic horses really ride in for a slip-up against a rather classy Swiss side (the strongest other team in our group, I would suggest) in September, in the opening match of the Champions League group stage? At this point of the season, those horses are still firmly enclosed in the paddock, surely, with their heads stuffed in bags of oats.
But that's the unhelpful nature of the heat that's currently under football, of course, when, no matter how early it is in the year, nor how early it is in the lifetime of your freshly assembled squad, you are only ever one poorly defended set-piece away from a crisis - and two consecutive iffy results from a full-blown, pants-on-fire, rip-it-up-and-start-again panic.
Strange, too, how pretty much everyone agrees that this is a club which now needs to spend a little time settling down and building something, after the fast-track up-scaling of recent years. And yet these are the same people who start screaming with impatience at the first glimpse of the scaffolding going up.
As the manager has pointed out, you can't make an omelette, or, indeed, any other egg-based culinary construction, without breaking the eggs. And one could add that you can't make a decent and ultimately competitive team without occasionally losing at home to Basel in slightly unfortunate circumstances in the Champions League group stages.

In many ways, it's Fulham I feel most sorry for. Clearly a side as packed with talent and potential as ours can't endure frustrations like the ones at Goodison Park last week, and those at home last night, without a kind of pressure building up behind the dam - a dam which must burst at some point. Someone will be made to pay for all that frustration, for all that thwarted creativity in the final third, and I don't think it would surprise anyone if it was our poor, innocent neighbours on Saturday evening in the 5.30 Premier League kick-off.
And, of course, in the event that that happens, we'll want to insist that it was nothing personal - that it was just one of those freaks of scheduling and that Fulham just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But you know how chippy the neighbours can be. I bet they won't believe us.
Going into a new Champions League campaign, there are always a few adaptations you have to make - a few adjustments of your expectations, particularly regarding the standard of the refereeing, which, as we know from long and bitter experience of Europe's elite competition, is generally confusing, at best.
The worry, always, is that all will seem to be going well for your side, and then you'll get some entirely inexplicable decision, perhaps regarding a shot that didn't actually cross the line, or maybe involving a number of stonewall penalty decisions ungiven late in a game, or possibly regarding a sending-off at a critical moment for one of your key personnel. And then, in one baffling moment, all your good work gets undone.
Fortunately this year I had taken the precaution of re-acclimatising myself to Champions League conditions 24 hours in advance by watching Manchester United's Tuesday night match against Bayer Leverkusen on television. Which is why, last night, when Frank Lampard had a shot heavily deflected past the right-hand post in the first half and nobody gave a corner, I was kind of ready for it. I was already, if you like, in Champions League mode.
In the first half of the United game, after all, with the game evenly balanced, Wayne Rooney was allowed to score a goal while his team-mate Valencia was actually - and this is without exaggeration - standing on the goalkeeper. Neither the fact that the United player was in an indisputable offside position, nor the fact that he was indisputably committing a foul were enough to prevent the referee from awarding a goal.
At the time, no fewer than three people were being paid explicitly to prevent this sort of injustice happening. There was the referee, who was on the edge of the penalty area, perfectly placed to spot the foul and quite well placed to spot the offside, though that wouldn't automatically be his remit. And there was his touchline assistant, who was (inevitably) on the touchline and perfectly placed to spot the offside (and the foul).

Meanwhile the famously defunct 'goal-line assistant' stood a maximum of six feet away from the incident, with the best view in the house of both the foul and the offside. But sadly, as replays suggested, he didn't have his eye on the goal-line at the crucial moment, but was, rather, watching the game. Seriously: he was watching Rooney bring the ball down and shoot. If that's what those people come along for, why don't they just buy a ticket for a seat in the stand, like the rest of us? Or, better still, they could stay at home and watch the game on the television, where at least you get the benefit of replays and where it really is impossible to miss a clonking great offside and a massive foul when they happen simultaneously right under your nose.

I continued to watch those goalline officials going about their 'business' last night in our game, and I still can't make them out. Who are they? What is their purpose? What do they want? I don't think we should rule out the possibility that they might be aliens, planted there on Earth's goallines by a far-off galaxy that means us no good. At some point, one of them is going to give the pre-arranged signal - whatever it is - and the invasion will start. See if I'm not wrong.
Anyway, later in that United game, the hard-to-love Robin van Persie angrily disputed a perfectly good decision by the referee in a manner which brought him almost forehead-to-forehead with the official. It looked like a fight - or, at the very least, a headbutt - was going to break out at any minute Yet, for this manifest red-card offence, Van Persie was merely given a yellow and one of the referee's 'stern looks'. Again, the flexibility with the rules, even by the standards of these things at Old Trafford, beggared belief.

Anyway, it was all handy preparation for last night and for what will undoubtedly be the fairground ride of the next few months. For the Champions League is back. And it's still the toughest competition out there. And it's still not being refereed very well.
:clap:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/a ... ncing-back

MOURINHO: BOUNCING BACK

Posted on: Fri 20 Sep 2013

Jose Mourinho is confident the philosophy he is seeking to implement long-term will bring about an improvement in results sooner rather than later.

Speaking at his weekly Friday pre-match press conference, which took place at the Cobham media room, the Portuguese, somewhat unsurprisingly, was asked for his thoughts on a difficult week which has seen us lose away at Everton in the Premier League as well as at home to Basel in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Mourinho certainly isn't shocked by the reaction to the results, but feels it's far too early in the season to make any judgements, and insisted the evolution of his young squad will take a little bit of time.

'I think scrutiny is normal, I've been in football long enough to not be surprised by scrutiny, opinions and critics,' he said. 'I'm not surprised, I'm not worried.

'I have a job to do, I know where I want to go and I know the steps I have to take. I also know that when you want to build something different and the players are comfortable with a philosophy they've had for years, it's more difficult.

'The easiest thing for a new manager is to arrive at a club and not to change, going in the same direction, but there is no panic. There is a period where, I understand, if the results are not good people will put some question marks, but it's up to me if I want to follow the direction I want to go or not.

'If somebody expects me to play against Fulham, because we need the victory, with a low block, nine players behind the ball, waiting for Fulham to make a mistake so we score a goal on the counter attack and to go home with three points, I'm not going in that direction.

'The first thing I have to say is we lost nothing. We didn't finish third in the Champions League group, we didn't get relegated to the Europa league and we didn't finish third in the Premier League. We lost one match in the Premier League, the other five contenders for the title have all lost a match apart from Liverpool.

'In the Champions League we lost a match that we shouldn't lose, but we were not relegated to the Europa League, so if you like scrutiny you will have to wait because it's not about the way you start but how you finish.'

Mourinho went on to explain the light-hearted nature of today's training session.

'Instead of doing tactical work as I like to do before the match, instead of doing set pieces I did a funny session,' he said. 'We played handball, basketball, we played with the goalkeepers with us scoring goals. I made a funny session where everybody was smiling and laughing and I think that's important.

'The way sometimes is not to massacre the players with tactical questions, so it was a good session for them, the only way I know is to work hard and keep the spirits high.'

Almost every member of the first team squad has featured at some point so far this season, and Mourinho stressed that for those looking to nail down a regular place in the side, producing the goods on a matchday is what really counts.

'The pitch makes decisions, the same way what I did in the past means nothing, what players did in the past means nothing,' said the Blues boss. 'The way I work is that the pitch speaks, and what the players do on the pitch, not yesterday or one year ago or 10 years ago, but in the last match or training sessions, that's how I make decisions.

'Some players with their performances say to me that this is my place so don't touch it. Some other players, they don't perform in a way that can take doubts away from me, so for some positions I would say that no doubt, this player in this moment is first choice. In some other positions I need more information to decide.'

On tomorrow's game, the first of successive London derbies in the league, Mourinho, who has a fully fit squad to choose from, anticipates a tough contest.

'They have a very good, experienced manager and a team completely adapted to the Premier League,' he said. 'They know everything about the Premier League and derbies. A midfield with [Scott] Parker and [Steve] Sidwell is a great example of experience at this level.

'They know how to play and they have talented players in attack, [Dimitar] Berbatov, and [Darren] Bent who is fast. They are a difficult opponent, at Stamford Bridge they always show it's not easy, in the last seven matches they've drawn four times.

'We need points, they also need points, they have different objectives to us but between the needs of the two teams and the fact it's a local derby, it will be a proper Premier League match.'

You can hear live commentary of tomorrow's game against Fulham here.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: