EPL Sunday: Nor 1 - 3 Che(Pilking; Oscar, Hazard, Willian)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EPL Sunday: Nor 1 - 3 Che(Pilking; Oscar, Hazard, Willia

Post by oloye »

odi wrote:7 games in and you guys are wetting your pants. :D

It's going to take time. TIME! Why can't fans ever understand that? Jose is no magician. He needs time to build this team. And if we keep picking points while the building is going on, it's fine with me!
We just need to remain within touch of the top of the table until the team figures itself out (JM himself said something similar in the post interview).

No need for epistles and long story (@oloye). Just be patient. By December/January, this team will be purring.

I have full and complete confidence in the Special One.
I hear u bro, unfortunately in the climate of the game today time is a luxury that is no longer affordable. The case of Jose is different very different , the suprise factor is no longer there and Chelsea were not languishing in the wilderness when they decided to hire him. The team is still not playing good football and they look beatable this time around. So they can easily lose out of the title chase. Chelsea was celebrating a draw at whitehart lane, westham went there and punk them silly. They went to Everton and lost Mancity beat Everton. They managed to draw at Manu, Westbrom and Mancity exposed the ordinariness of Manu without Fergie. I know it takes time to build a team and am a strong Jose supporter, but I can tell u this, there is something wrong with this present team, the balance is not there, they do not look unbeatable, a trademark of Jose's team. The problem starts with the two sitting in front of the defence and the occasional erratic display of the nut case called Luiz.

I see the likes of westbrom and norwhich string passes together, all I see with Chelsea is a bunch of talented players trying to do things their own way first, and the team secondary. They sad it was because Mata was not playing, but Mata now comes in and I still people bypassing the middle while looking for a breakaway striker.

A well drilled team that is good on the counter will take this Chelsea team to the cleaners.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

oloye wrote:

It's going to take time. TIME! Why can't fans ever understand that? Jose is no magician. He needs time to build this team. And if we keep picking points while the building is going on, it's fine with me!
We just need to remain within touch of the top of the table until the team figures itself out (JM himself said something similar in the post interview).

No need for epistles and long story (@oloye). Just be patient. By December/January, this team will be purring.

I hear u bro, unfortunately in the climate of the game today time is a luxury that is no longer affordable. The case of Jose is different very different , the suprise factor is no longer there and Chelsea were not languishing in the wilderness when they decided to hire him. The team is still not playing good football and they look beatable this time around. So they can easily lose out of the title chase. Chelsea was celebrating a draw at whitehart lane, westham went there and punk them silly. They went to Everton and lost Mancity beat Everton. They managed to draw at Manu, Westbrom and Mancity exposed the ordinariness of Manu without Fergie. I know it takes time to build a team and am a strong Jose supporter, but I can tell u this, there is something wrong with this present team, the balance is not there, they do not look unbeatable, a trademark of Jose's team. The problem starts with the two sitting in front of the defence and the occasional erratic display of the nut case called Luiz.

I see the likes of westbrom and norwhich string passes together, all I see with Chelsea is a bunch of talented players trying to do things their own way first, and the team secondary. They sad it was because Mata was not playing, but Mata now comes in and I still people bypassing the middle while looking for a breakaway striker.

A well drilled team that is good on the counter will take this Chelsea team to the cleaners.
You mean like Bayern Munich? :D

You see the likes of norwich string passes together, and yet we bettered them in possession, shots on goal, chances created? Doesn't that mean that Chelsea too are stringing passes together? :?

Oga oloye, abeg leave story. Nobody can draw any conclusions this early in the season. Football is not mathematics. This Chelsea team is a work in progress. Wait for a couple of more months, then we'll talk.
By the way, you know that Jose's RM team lost 5-0 early in his reign with them? Jose is special, but even he needs TIME.
The SUPER EAGLES shall rise again!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

odi wrote:
oloye wrote:

You see the likes of norwich string passes together, and yet we bettered them in possession, shots on goal, chances created? Doesn't that mean that Chelsea too are stringing passes together? :?

Oga oloye, abeg leave story. Nobody can draw any conclusions this early in the season. Football is not mathematics. This Chelsea team is a work in progress. Wait for a couple of more months, then we'll talk.
By the way, you know that Jose's RM team lost 5-0 early in his reign with them? Jose is special, but even he needs TIME.
No I don't mean Bayern, Basel and Everton will do for now. :D I agree time is needed but the question is how Mich time does he have before he comes under pressure? We all know how Jose reacts under pressure, he always loses the plot.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

oloye wrote:
odi wrote:
oloye wrote:

No I don't mean Bayern, Basel and Everton will do for now. :D I agree time is needed but the question is how Mich time does he have before he comes under pressure? We all know how Jose reacts under pressure, he always loses the plot.
Blasphemy!
Oloye, you are hereby suspended from JOMOSA till further notice. I'll take over from here. :D
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

odi wrote:
oloye wrote:
odi wrote:
oloye wrote:

Blasphemy!
Oloye, you are hereby suspended from JOMOSA till further notice. I'll take over from here. :D
Is this a palace coup? :D

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Oloye, hope you no go chop humble pie o!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

oloye wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:LOL @ some of the comments on this thread.

Mourinho is going through a phase with this team.....and collecting points while at it. This $#% aint easy.

Personally, I was against him opening up the game and thought like for like personnel substitutions would have been the better idea. I was wrong because we WON the game regardless of the opportunities created by opening the game up.

He is definitely having a hard time figuring out the team and forming his team's character. So many tepid individual performances today and Oscar is definitely starting to feel himself. A spell on the bench may humble him some.

All in all, I take the points as they come and will allow Jose to figure out exactly what he got in his hands.
It is obvious what he is trying to do, he is still trying to build a team that relies heavily on fast breakaways, since he came back it is obvious that is what he wants to do, all the goals they have scored so far have come from this style of play. The problem here is that he does not have Robben or Duff who run directly beating u while leaving u their heels to haze at, and could be trusted to score. He does not have a Drogba or Ronaldo who would create goals out of nothing. This why when they spent a major part of the time huffing and puffing while throwing speculative passes forward and all the scoring midfielder also bomb forward hoping to score , they suddenly look pathetic when they are caught on the break as well . It is not helped when I have a David Luiz who ought to realise how frail they are in the middle but rather decides to join in the charade instead of passing the ball around with bis partner while looking for a midfielder to ha d the ball over to. This is where they miss Mikel and his so called square passes, those passes look harmless bit they have such a calming effect on the team. People say he makes sideways passes, strange how the brasilian Kenyan cannot even do that , always losing the ball in dangerous places. If Terry gets injured this team would be in serious trouble.

The question need be asked these three players Oscar, Hazard Schurle and even Mata what their primary ro
le behind the strikers is. To be fair to Mata he is the only one who tries to feed the strikers the others hug the ball looking for the chance to have a pop at goal even when their striker is begging for the ball. The result is that when they lose the ball, they look miserable trying to recover.

They got away today, the changes coupled with immature defending from Norwich helped. Jose still remains master at limiting damages, but damn may be in real life he loves living on the edge, but he needs to understand this is not the same Chelsea, they have tasted success and have come to accept that certain standards must be kept, this rubbish being displayed won't be accepted especially if there is no trophy to show for it. Heck even the loathed Rafa kept the standard.

Unless Etoo finds form it would be hard justifying sending Lukaku away and he is scoring regularl while the so called better strikers are stinking up the place.
Oloye, Lukaku will not thrive in Chelsea's system. If a guy like Eto'o cannot score Lukaku will not score. Why? Because the midfielders will not supply the ball. If Drogba was playing for Chelsea today, guys like Oscar will not be doing anyhow as Drogba WILL DEMAND the ball. But believe me, as time goes Eto'o will demand the ball a lot. When he does this people will turn against saying he does not have Chelsea's interest at heart. Watch this space.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kolinzo wrote:
oloye wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:LOL @ some of the comments on this thread.

Mourinho is going through a phase with this team.....and collecting points while at it. This $#% aint easy.

Personally, I was against him opening up the game and thought like for like personnel substitutions would have been the better idea. I was wrong because we WON the game regardless of the opportunities created by opening the game up.

He is definitely having a hard time figuring out the team and forming his team's character. So many tepid individual performances today and Oscar is definitely starting to feel himself. A spell on the bench may humble him some.

All in all, I take the points as they come and will allow Jose to figure out exactly what he got in his hands.
It is obvious what he is trying to do, he is still trying to build a team that relies heavily on fast breakaways, since he came back it is obvious that is what he wants to do, all the goals they have scored so far have come from this style of play. The problem here is that he does not have Robben or Duff who run directly beating u while leaving u their heels to haze at, and could be trusted to score. He does not have a Drogba or Ronaldo who would create goals out of nothing. This why when they spent a major part of the time huffing and puffing while throwing speculative passes forward and all the scoring midfielder also bomb forward hoping to score , they suddenly look pathetic when they are caught on the break as well . It is not helped when I have a David Luiz who ought to realise how frail they are in the middle but rather decides to join in the charade instead of passing the ball around with bis partner while looking for a midfielder to ha d the ball over to. This is where they miss Mikel and his so called square passes, those passes look harmless bit they have such a calming effect on the team. People say he makes sideways passes, strange how the brasilian Kenyan cannot even do that , always losing the ball in dangerous places. If Terry gets injured this team would be in serious trouble.

The question need be asked these three players Oscar, Hazard Schurle and even Mata what their primary ro
le behind the strikers is. To be fair to Mata he is the only one who tries to feed the strikers the others hug the ball looking for the chance to have a pop at goal even when their striker is begging for the ball. The result is that when they lose the ball, they look miserable trying to recover.

They got away today, the changes coupled with immature defending from Norwich helped. Jose still remains master at limiting damages, but damn may be in real life he loves living on the edge, but he needs to understand this is not the same Chelsea, they have tasted success and have come to accept that certain standards must be kept, this rubbish being displayed won't be accepted especially if there is no trophy to show for it. Heck even the loathed Rafa kept the standard.

Unless Etoo finds form it would be hard justifying sending Lukaku away and he is scoring regularl while the so called better strikers are stinking up the place.
Oloye, Lukaku will not thrive in Chelsea's system. If a guy like Eto'o cannot score Lukaku will not score. Why? Because the midfielders will not supply the ball. If Drogba was playing for Chelsea today, guys like Oscar will not be doing anyhow as Drogba WILL DEMAND the ball. But believe me, as time goes Eto'o will demand the ball a lot. When he does this people will turn against saying he does not have Chelsea's interest at heart. Watch this space.
On the Etoo thingy I will agree with u, he might have to fight one of the midfielder to demand for the ball. It used to be funny seeing them go for goals, but it is now becoming ridiculous watching them take stupid shots ans unnecessary dribbles and touches while trying to force themselves through. It is sad seeing the strikers waiting for the ball in the box while the midfielders and wingers are busy experimenting how to score from impossible angles.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kolinzo wrote:Oloye, hope you no go chop humble pie o!!
I know u be correct Chelsea fan, as a Jose fan I want him to come good . So if eating humble pie means he would win the league, then I need a whole bowl of it.

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

oloye pls change your avatar :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lager-back wrote:oloye pls change your avatar :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Uh oh! :lol:
odi
Egg
Egg

Post by odi »

green4life wrote:
Uh oh! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ship...the coup don start...where are my bodyguards, I think my security has been compromised. This is Odi's handiwork, I must crush the infidels.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
I know u be correct Chelsea fan, as a Jose fan I want him to come good . So if eating humble pie means he would win the league, then I need a whole bowl of it.
Do you think Chelsea stand a better chance to win the league over Arsenal,City and Liverpool?I think Manu will not make top 4 this year.What says you Oloye?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
Do you think Chelsea stand a better chance to win the league over Arsenal,City and Liverpool?I think Manu will not make top 4 this year.What says you Oloye?
My friend in football anything is possible, Arsenal is playing well at the moment but with the team's so close it will be foolish for anyone to start making any bold predictions unless it is being done just for the fun of it. There is nothing to suggest that the form we are seeing would be the norm. If Chelsea gets theirnacts together they could well be in the mix. Hey even if ManU sort out their problems with the refs, they might just bounce back, especially if Moyes would start taking Fergie time lessons from the grandmaster himself. I have seen Arsenal blow 13poinzs lead before, so 2 points lead is nothing to suggest that Arsenal is readdy to come out of trophy recession. They would have to beat the following teams Chelsea, ManU, ManCity and even Liverpool before they can start dreaming. So far it has been Fulham,Stoke, Norwich, Totoham, Aston Villa, Swansea and WBA they have played against. IF they are not at tthe top after meeting these sort of teams, then Wenger should have been fired.

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

oloye wrote:
kajifu wrote:
oloye wrote:
My friend in football anything is possible, Arsenal is playing well at the moment but with the team's so close it will be foolish for anyone to start making any bold predictions unless it is being done just for the fun of it. There is nothing to suggest that the form we are seeing would be the norm. If Chelsea gets theirnacts together they could well be in the mix. Hey even if ManU sort out their problems with the refs, they might just bounce back, especially if Moyes would start taking Fergie time lessons from the grandmaster himself. I have seen Arsenal blow 13poinzs lead before, so 2 points lead is nothing to suggest that Arsenal is readdy to come out of trophy recession. They would have to beat the following teams Chelsea, ManU, ManCity and even Liverpool before they can start dreaming. So far it has been Fulham,Stoke, Norwich, Totoham, Aston Villa, Swansea and WBA they have played against. IF they are not at tthe top after meeting these sort of teams, then Wenger should have been fired.
...Bros...sorry but you're going to hell for that!!!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fulham,Stoke, Norwich, Totoham, Aston Villa, Swansea and WBA , the fixtures have been nice to assanal, they even play norwich next :laugh:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved