Mr Gallas has landed in Perth, Australia,my local team

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mr Gallas has landed in Perth, Australia,my local team

Post by WINNERMAN »

William Gallas in Premier League action for Tottenham. The former French international is A-League-bound. Picture: AFP Source: AFP
A MEDICAL in coming days is the only hurdle standing in the way of former France international William Gallas becoming the A-League's latest marquee signing.
Speaking to The Australian, Perth Glory owner Tony Sage yesterday confirmed a Football Central website report that Gallas, who had a distinguished career playing for Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur in the English Premier League, had agreed to join the club for the reminder of the season.

It is understood Football Federation Australia played a part in helping Glory secure the 36-year-old defender, who was capped 86 times for France. Gallas, who is one of the highest profile players to come to the A-League, is expected to arrive in Perth early next week, in time for the game against Sydney FC at nib Stadium on Saturday week.

"We are over the moon to secure a player of William's quality," Sage said. "He will bring a lot to the club. And it's fantastic he will feature in the A-League along with ... Shinji Ono, Alessandro Del Piero and Emile Heskey."

At his peak, Gallas was a quality defender. He won EPL titles with Chelsea under Jose Mourinho before transferring to Arsenal at the start of the 2006-07 season.

His career was not without controversy, however. He became disillusioned at Chelsea after being constantly played out of position and refused to sign a new contract at the club before moving to the Gunners, where he was made captain in 2007.

The Frenchman fell out with the club in 2008 and was stripped of the captaincy after criticising his teammates in an interview with a news agency in which he spoke of tensions within the squad that had disrupted team morale, while suggesting the younger players at the club needed to show more courage if they were to be successful.

Gallas moved to Tottenham in the 2010-11 seasons and performed so well he was given a two-year extension. However, the club opted to let him go at the end of last season and he has been a free agent since.

While he performed well for France, he will be remembered for his role in the country's disastrous 2010 World Cup campaign.

Star striker Nicolas Anelka was sent home from South Africa by coach Raymond Domenech during the tournament and the team then decided to go on strike from training.

Gallas was believed to be one of the disruptive influences in a divided and very unhappy camp.

Gallas's move to Perth was generally greeted with optimism by local fans, although former Socceroo Craig Moore sounded one warning in a Twitter post: "Not meant to be the nicest guy in the world. Certainly not known to be a team player

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/f ... 6745535896
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD.-----JOSHUA 24 VS 15.

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mr Gallas has landed in Perth, Australia,my local team

Post by WINNERMAN »

And landed straight into controversy

Gallas's move to Perth was generally greeted with optimism by local fans, although former Socceroo Craig Moore sounded one warning in a Twitter post: "Not meant to be the nicest guy in the world. Certainly not known to be a team player

Life in Christ is not a change,it is an exchange. Your ashes for his beauty,your weakness for his strenght ,your destiny assured and a bonus of a victorious life on earth. lt is an irrestitible exchange.
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

WINNERMAN wrote:And landed straight into controversy

Even before I read the second post, my mind went to the controvesy Gallas can start.
“love the life you live. live the life you love.” Bob Marley
wakenya1
Egg
Egg

Post by wakenya1 »

I don never rate tha crazy bobo
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

wakenya1 wrote:I don never rate tha crazy bobo
your pidgin is getting better...nice try but comot the "dont" and add a "t" to the "tha" or kukuma change it to "the" and it will make sense..

Pidgin 101...Nigeria continues to do its charity duty for Africa :thumb:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

100%Naija wrote:
wakenya1 wrote:I don never rate tha crazy bobo
your pidgin is getting better...nice try but comot the "dont" and add a "t" to the "tha" or kukuma change it to "the" and it will make sense..

Pidgin 101…Nigeria continues to do its charity duty for Africa :thumb:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

asabe wrote:
WINNERMAN wrote:And landed straight into controversy

Even before I read the second post, my mind went to the controvesy Gallas can start.
So what controversy did Gallas start at his last club Spurs where he spent the last 3 years?
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
WINNERMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by WINNERMAN »

Gallas did not play but Perth glory got a 1st win of the season on matchday 3