Super Eagles List for Mexico just released!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Yobo in, Ike still out?

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:Obasi, Haruna, Olaitan all out. Inexplicable. Ike Uche is also out, but I am holding my breathe back because he is injured at the moment.

Haruna Lukman has not been given ONE CHANCE in the last three years. Terrible, terrible and terrible.
bro Uche's exclusion has nothing to do with injury.

Emenike is also injured, I believe he has an even more serious injury than Uche yet he was picked.

This squad selection shows us that Ke$hi is by and large happy with his team, and knows his team for the most part. In the final friendly before end of May he has chosen very few new people to look at. Those he has chosen are not even close to being the best prospects who could have looked at. His whole process is as crooked as the walk of an arthritic pimp.
Bros Emenike is back already...

So he hasn't yet played for his club, and you want to rush him back ? Especially a guy who we already know 100% what he brings, and the fact that he will be in Brazil barring injury is undisputed. No need to call him for this match, this would have been a good time to look for a suitable replacement.
I think Mace is right about the AM position. Maybe he wants Uzoenyi to play the role that Mba played at the ANC. Keshi appears to be focusing on players in Def and Attack. we had no options when Emenike was gone at the CC. Keshi will sink or swim with his decision. As for why Emenike was invited see the below from the interview that was posted today
"it is one match am hoping to use to try a few things with some of the players I have called up. Also, a chance for us to gather again, speak to each other get the players to remember the challenges at hand"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=245248
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Eagles List for Mexico just released!!

Post by iworo »

Nigerian presence, unknown
Uche could also be missing against Celta

RF 11/02/2014

The top scorer in Submarino, Ikechukwu Uche, not trained yesterday with the group. It is true that the players worked out in the gym in the afternoon session which was held at the Sports City, but the Nigerian international was not part of it. He exercised alone and their presence in the match against Celta next Saturday (22.00 hours, the Madrigal), is unknown.

The striker suffered a hamstring strain in his right leg and will have to wait their evolution in the coming days to see if his absence is prolonged another day.

More chances to get to this match has Paul Iniguez. The center has missed the last games with a right hamstring elongation and medical staff is optimistic about his recovery.

PATIENCE with Oliver / / For Óliver Torres, suffering a dislocated left shoulder, also is expected to debut in the visit to the Galician side. The midfielder could have his first minutes with yellow elastic on Monday 24 February from Espanyol.

Report last Cani as both continue Farinós more time in the infirmary. H

http://www.elperiodicomediterraneo.com/ ... 60434.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emenike is returning!

Emmanuel Pierre Webo and then Moses Emenike'nin Sow at a time of great distress at the line of scrimmage with injuries falling Fenerbahce coach Ersun Lateral, Nigerian news from the star a bit relieved.

Fenerbahce coach Ersun Lateral Emmanuel Emenike's trump card ...

This past week, work began to separate team, this week will start to practice with their friends Emenike, will be in the field against Kasimpasa.

Yellow Lacivertliler gave a positive report on the star striker of the healthcare team, is ready to Lateral Ersun passed. Kasimpasa will assume the burden of the team's goals in the face of Emenike'nin partnership will make the Dutch star Dirk Kuyt.

Webo at least three weeks in Fenerbahce, Sow at least two weeks while staying away from shirts that were disclosed.

Webo found injured in weekend matches will be played with dual-Sow who had been suspended Egemen Korkmaz and Caner Erkin can not wear the shirt.

http://www.aksam.com.tr/spor/fenerbahce ... ber-283991
Last edited by iworo on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

maceo4 wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Btw, you guys got your wish no Ideye, Haruna guys will start fuming soon. Also, no third goalie WTF?
It has been announced before that 13 key players would be selected and the other 13 players would consist of alternatives who get a chance to proove themselves.
This selection is not the last word spoken - some of these 13 players might prove they are better than Oduamadi, Ogu and co but others will make space for players like Mba and Ideye.
Makes sense, but what's with not selecting a third goalie? We already know our número uno no need to even invite him self...
If new central defenders or full-backs are played vs. Mexico like Odunlami and Oshaniwa it makes sense to introduce them to Enyeama and create a basic understanding.

I'm more interested in how our midfield will look like against Mexico - if Keshi introduces Azeez Mikel Obi might be used in an advanced role as AM what could be an interesting option.
Or an other option would be making use of Moses creative skills and play him as a AM while somebody else (like Ezekiel or Uchebo) might take his part on the wings.
Trying out these options at least would explain why Keshi has neither invited his prefered options Mba and Igebior nor fan favourites Olaitan or Haruna.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Btw, you guys got your wish no Ideye, Haruna guys will start fuming soon. Also, no third goalie WTF?
It has been announced before that 13 key players would be selected and the other 13 players would consist of alternatives who get a chance to proove themselves.
This selection is not the last word spoken - some of these 13 players might prove they are better than Oduamadi, Ogu and co but others will make space for players like Mba and Ideye.
Makes sense, but what's with not selecting a third goalie? We already know our número uno no need to even invite him self...

Max of two would play in the friendly anyway in each half. It opened up a spot for another player. Its also a message that Agbim's days are numbered.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Mods merge both threads abeg.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=245253

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Bright Dike, a below average MLS player. This should tell you folks that MLS is one tough league.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

No Mba and Oduamadi :thumbs: :thumbs: No Nosa also. Would like to see how Keshi will play. Will he play with 2 strikers or play Mikel in the number 10 role with Onazi and Azeez behind him? Or will he play Moses behind the striker? Well done Keshi.
yes o
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Kai not a single moan about Osaze :blushing: ..... Guess Olaitan is flavour of the month now :smile:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:Obasi, Haruna, Olaitan all out. Inexplicable. Ike Uche is also out, but I am holding my breathe back because he is injured at the moment.

Haruna Lukman has not been given ONE CHANCE in the last three years. Terrible, terrible and terrible.
bro Uche's exclusion has nothing to do with injury.

Emenike is also injured, I believe he has an even more serious injury than Uche yet he was picked.

This squad selection shows us that Ke$hi is by and large happy with his team, and knows his team for the most part. In the final friendly before end of May he has chosen very few new people to look at. Those he has chosen are not even close to being the best prospects who could have looked at. His whole process is as crooked as the walk of an arthritic pimp.
Bros Emenike is back already...

So he hasn't yet played for his club, and you want to rush him back ? Especially a guy who we already know 100% what he brings, and the fact that he will be in Brazil barring injury is undisputed. No need to call him for this match, this would have been a good time to look for a suitable replacement.
I think Mace is right about the AM position. Maybe he wants Uzoenyi to play the role that Mba played at the ANC. Keshi appears to be focusing on players in Def and Attack. we had no options when Emenike was gone at the CC. Keshi will sink or swim with his decision. As for why Emenike was invited see the below from the interview that was posted today
"it is one match am hoping to use to try a few things with some of the players I have called up. Also, a chance for us to gather again, speak to each other get the players to remember the challenges at hand"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=245248

I think u r right, it seems with Ejike listed as a midfielder, he will use him in that Mba role, coincidentally Mba is missing as is his replacement and fellow failure Oduamadi.

I dont understand why Ke$hi feels the need to fit round pegs into square wholes, when we have the likes of Lukman and Olaitan. Even though I would rather see Ejike in that position over Oduamadi or Mba, it still makes no sense to do this without even looking at Lukman and Olaitan.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

papilo wrote:No Mba and Oduamadi :thumbs: :thumbs: No Nosa also. Would like to see how Keshi will play. Will he play with 2 strikers or play Mikel in the number 10 role with Onazi and Azeez behind him? Or will he play Moses behind the striker? Well done Keshi.
Oduamadi's days for the SE are likely over but be prepared to see both Mba and Igebior being selected for the WC - Keshi obviously considers them his prefered options for the AM position.

Naija 4 life!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:i like our midfield
Seriously? Five midfielders in a 23 man squad?

.......and 8 strikers wow
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

DAgrin wrote:
maceo4 wrote:I also heavily miss an Ambrose back-up at right-back.
You might be right that Keshi does not pick other AM options because he is settled on that position already.
But he obviously is not settled on the full-back back-ups but still has not invited a back-up at right back even though he is found out that Kwambe is not a satifying solution.
Does that make sense to you?
Kenneth Omeruo is the RB backup in this squad.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I have always known that the likes of Haruna, Aluko, Obasi, Olatain had no chance in the team. As a matter of fact, of these 3 Olatain maybe had a chance but the former three, not a chance! Great Job big boss!!!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

kolinzo wrote:Bright Dike, a below average MLS player. This should tell you folks that MLS is one tough league.
I pray hope Brigt Dike scores again vs. Mexico and anyone who then claims he is not good enough to play for Nigeria at the WC should STFU.
My only problem I have with him is that we already have enough CF options but despite that he actually deserves to go to the WC and his massive body gives us more options in certain situations.

Naija 4 life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Mr Shows wrote:Kai not a single moan about Osaze :blushing: ..... Guess Olaitan is flavour of the month now :smile:

Odemwingie
Aluko
Lukman
Olaitan
Obasi

should all have been called, and the following dropped

Dike
Ameobi
Uchebo
Shehu
Egwuekwe
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

DAgrin wrote:
papilo wrote:No Mba and Oduamadi :thumbs: :thumbs: No Nosa also. Would like to see how Keshi will play. Will he play with 2 strikers or play Mikel in the number 10 role with Onazi and Azeez behind him? Or will he play Moses behind the striker? Well done Keshi.
Oduamadi's days for the SE are likely over but be prepared to see both Mba and Igebior being selected for the WC - Keshi obviously considers them his prefered options for the AM position.
We do not mind Nosa going to the WC. In fact we need him there. We do not need or want Mba though
yes o
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

ohenhen1 wrote:What a waste of spot to invite Shehu Abdullahi.
Did you watch the CHAN tournament and the last U-20 world cup?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

DAgrin wrote:My only problem I have with him is that we already have enough CF options but despite that he actually deserves to go to the WC and his massive body gives us more options in certain situations.
Based on....?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote:I have always known that the likes of Haruna, Aluko, Obasi, Olatain had no chance in the team. As a matter of fact, of these 3 Olatain maybe had a chance but the former three, not a chance! Great Job big boss!!!

yes great job for calling junks to replace superior players.

How did that work out in Brazil last summer ?
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

The YeyeMan wrote:
DAgrin wrote:My only problem I have with him is that we already have enough CF options but despite that he actually deserves to go to the WC and his massive body gives us more options in certain situations.
Based on....?
...his performances in GWG.

Naija 4 life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

marutimon wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
maceo4 wrote:I also heavily miss an Ambrose back-up at right-back.
You might be right that Keshi does not pick other AM options because he is settled on that position already.
But he obviously is not settled on the full-back back-ups but still has not invited a back-up at right back even though he is found out that Kwambe is not a satifying solution.
Does that make sense to you?
Kenneth Omeruo is the RB backup in this squad.

The defence seems to be the area where we are beginning to look good. I am glad the likes of Kwambe, Francis, Okuwosa have been dropped. Now we just need to replace Egwuekwe with Otigba, and get Taiwo in as replacement, also perhaps a natural RB like Balogun.

But the defence looks a lot more solid than our options in attack and midfield.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

DAgrin wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Based on....?
...his performances in GWG.
What exactly has he done that puts him on the plane to Brazil? Curious...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:What a waste of spot to invite Shehu Abdullahi.
Drivel like this is why they should never have legalized weed in Colorado... :mrgreen:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL