UEFA CL - Olimpiacos(2) VS Manchester UTD(0) Olaitan Starts

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: UEFA CL - Olimpiacos(2) VS Manchester UTD(0) Olaitan Sta

Post by metalalloy »

SylverEagles wrote:I dunno what some of guys are expecting from Olaitan, but i think he played OK. Would've loved a goal from him but he did good. He definitely needs to build upper body strength if he's going to play as a striker!
:agree: the only criticism i have was that he went down a bit to easily. Ok game for him but massive game for his team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:I dunno what some of guys are expecting from Olaitan, but i think he played OK. Would've loved a goal from him but he did good. He definitely needs to build upper body strength if he's going to play as a striker!
But he is not a striker, he is an attacking midfielder by nature.
But as a striker (which is where we see him play) he is very average so would be hard to see Keshi calling him...plus he doesnt show much AM skills playing upfront either...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Oh dear, Roy Keane with a haymaker to the EPL vs the world debate.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Coach wrote:Oh dear, Roy Keane with a haymaker to the EPL vs the world debate.
lol what did he say?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Very decent performance from Olaitan. Showed some very good touches and dribbles.

Still has some room for improvement.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Nice one Joel Campbell... :thumbs: :thumbs:

I like Olaitan's game as well upfront on his own against 2 defenders, used the ball well.
To God be the glory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anointed wrote:FT

Pathetic Man Utd.

As for Olaitan, wont just dismiss or approve of him just like that but then he's worth watching in the 2nd leg.

I actually think the guy might be better in GWG than he is Olympiakos. He played with the handbrakes on tonight. I see some Onazi in him.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

metalalloy wrote:
lol what did he say?
What he didn't say, the absence of which undermines that he did, was a cold Wednesday night at the Britannia.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Skylolo wrote:Nice one Joel Campbell... :thumbs: :thumbs:

I like Olaitan's game as well upfront on his own against 2 defenders, used the ball well.

but let's be honest. he is not ready for WC football. he will be better next season for the vital experience he gained today though.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:

but let's be honest. he is not ready for WC football. he will be better next season for the vital experience he gained today though.
Based on one game? :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

soma wrote:
anointed wrote:
soma wrote:
anointed wrote:
paj wrote:in my opinion Olaitan needs to be a little more imposing and make better decisions...he's decent but hasn't asserted himself enough in this match to justify the hype...maybe next time..but 22 goals in one season is a fantastic return for a striker..
When was that? I thought he has scored 11 goals in 22 appearances for Olympiakos.

Thank you Paj. :thumb: maybe my reaction is more of annoyance from the overhyping from peeps like anointed. A useless man it's team at that. He should have hassled rio and vidic hard.
You still haven't shown where I said he should be on our WC squad and here you go on another lying ego trip that I I hyped him. Again, I ask you to show where except of course you are just a long scum.

You even sound so clueless that all you can do is to thank Paj.

Because Paj echoed my point.. Buy I won't insult or get into that pit latrine with you :winking:
3rd lie. Substantiate how Paj echoed your point. Paj said he was decent and needs to assert himself in the match.

As for here's what you said:
soma wrote: It's because he makes lazy and wrong runs.. He is standing still waiting for the ball played to his feet most times that's why.
And
soma wrote:He has a long way to go. In70mins I haven't see anything to wow me. Sorry your boy ain't it..

Where is the echo?

Lie No 1 - that I said he should be in our WC squad - WHERE DID I SAY SO? I will leave CE for 2 weeks of you can show me where I said so

Lie No 2 - that I overhyped Olaitan - SHOW ONE POST WHERE I OVERHYPED HIM

Lie No 3 - that Paj echoed our point? How does Paj's use of decent but needs to assert himself in tis match equate to he's lazy and makes the wrong runs and that he ain't it?

Who needs a latrine when the stench of your lies has risen to the heavens?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wale1974 wrote:
soma wrote:
wale1974 wrote:Honestly what is David Moyes doing with these players on the training ground?
Too many average players on this team, only God knows how we manage to win the EPL last year

Fergie won't he league not this players.
What kind of rubbish is that :boo: :boo: :boo: abeg park well with that bad belle mess. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Nah Fergie gave Man City, Arsenal and chelsea lower points :???: :???: :???: :???:
The rubbish we hear on CE self :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
...coaches do make a huge difference.
The guy they have there now is headless.
Gone are the days name win matches or send shivers down opponents spines.
After '94 ANC the name Nigeria strike fear, then come USA '94, then Atlanta '96. As for this United team they would be lucky to make Europa next year.
See how Everton new coach is guiding that team.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@BeniTx, bia, bia osiso...4-2-3-1, Man United, the perfect misfit.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:

Listen, I am not trying to be harsh on the lad. He did not play badly, he was okay. And yes there is still the second leg to come- but this is the WC, and he has yet to be capped at International level. We shouldn't take too many newbies, and I believe the only newbie striker that should be taken is Imoh Ezekiel.

And no, he should even be considered for the AM role.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

and he's just delivered an upper cut to Michael Carrick. Keane always makes for great TV! :lol:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:

If he is not ready, who is? How many of our current super eagles players are in Champions league football. Any Nigerian player playing at this level of champions league and against a team like Man U must be given a chance to fight for a shirt otherwise it becomes a travesty of justice considering that our current Eagles team has lower ranked players. Anybody saying that Olaitan is not ready must be mischievous.
Last edited by amos09 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:

Listen, I am not trying to be harsh on the lad. He did not play badly, he was okay. And yes there is still the second leg to come- but this is the WC, and he has yet to be capped at International level. We shouldn't take too many newbies, and I believe the only newbie striker that should be taken is Imoh Ezekiel.

So you confirm he shouldn't go to the WC based on one game. Noted.

Yeah he played OK, and got an assist and did well for someone no playing in his best position. It's not a battle with your boy Ezekiel. Chill.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:
lol what did he say?

"We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand"
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
lol what did he say?

"We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand"

Abeg how do i add a signature oh!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The problem for those who have drawn conclusions based on one game is that if he plays a blinder at Old Trafford then they'll either swing to the other side and say "He's good enough for the WC" or obstinately stick to their original position. Best to survey how things look come end of April.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:

l.

Who should be considered ?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:

So you confirm he shouldn't go to the WC based on one game. Noted.

Yeah he played OK, and got an assist and did well for someone no playing in his best position. It's not a battle with your boy Ezekiel. Chill.
How do you know its not his best position though? He trains with his team daily and thats where they feel he is best, what makes you think they are wrong?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!