Keshi invites Leon Balogun, already in camp!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Keshi invites Leon Balogun, already in camp!

Post by Tbite »

I trust you sha, there is no way you will miss Yobo's Testimonial.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who is the Ghanaman next to him?

But bia, so the guy is a division 2 player? Who is selling us this rubbish?
Last edited by 1naija on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

DAgrin wrote:I wished more of you could speak german to understand what he says.
It is an interesting interview revealing that Balogun is an intelligent, very focused and ambitious lad.
His attitude is definetly top-notch.
What did he say?

Interpret.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Catalyst wrote:
DAgrin wrote:I wished more of you could speak german to understand what he says.
It is an interesting interview revealing that Balogun is an intelligent, very focused and ambitious lad.
What did he say?

Interpret.
What I found interesting is that he talked about concious nutrition he practices to be in a good condition.
And he talked about a friend he closely works with in Berlin who is a physical therapist.
Balogun works on strenthening his back as somebody told him that his stomach muscles are 'too strong' for his back.

He also revealed that he is well informed of his opposite number on matchday.
He for example asked his coach wether Bastos (former Schalke) is as strong as Ibrahima Traore which he admited was difficult for him to play against.
Balogun also seems to be self-confident as he says that he has no fear playing the big boys in the Bundesliga - he just consideres it as a job to stop them from feeling too comfortable on the pitch and he does not undermine his own ability facing the big names in the Bundesliga.

(the interview is from last year when Fortuna Düsseldorf was playing in the Bundesliga)
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

DAgrin wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
What did he say?

Interpret.
What I found interesting is that he talked about concious nutrition to be in a good condition.
And he talked about a friend he closely works with in Berlin who is a physical therapist.
Balogun works on strenthening his back as somebody told him that his stomach muscles are 'too strong' for his back.

He for example asked his coach wether Bastos (former Schalke) is as strong as Ibrahima Traore against whom he admited was difficult for him to play.
Balogun also seems to be self-confident as he says that he has no fear playing the big boys in the Bundesliga - he just sees it as a job to stop them from feeling to comfortable and he does not undermine his ability facing the big names in the Bundesliga.

(the interview is from last year when Fortuna Düsseldorf was playing in the Bundesliga)

Interesting.

Sounds like leadership material.

If he catches on, we will be blessing for a long long time as he is so young and has not even reached his peak.

I hear he is more of a CD rather than a RB? What is his best position?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

DAgrin wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
What did he say?

Interpret.
What I found interesting is that he talked about concious nutrition he practices to be in a good condition.

He for example asked his coach wether Bastos (former Schalke) is as strong as Ibrahima Traore which he admited was difficult for him to play against.
Balogun also seems to be self-confident as he says that he has no fear playing the big boys in the Bundesliga - he just consideres it as a job to stop them from feeling too comfortable on the pitch and he does not undermine his own ability facing the big names in the Bundesliga.

Is he a division one or division 2 player?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

1naija wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
What did he say?

Interpret.

Is he a division one or division 2 player?
Currently playing in the 2nd Bundesliga (like Championship in England).

Naija 4 life!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Catalyst wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
What did he say?

Interpret.
What I found interesting is that he talked about concious nutrition to be in a good condition.

He for example asked his coach wether Bastos (former Schalke) is as strong as Ibrahima Traore against whom he admited was difficult for him to play.
Balogun also seems to be self-confident as he says that he has no fear playing the big boys in the Bundesliga - he just sees it as a job to stop them from feeling to comfortable and he does not undermine his ability facing the big names in the Bundesliga.

Interesting.

Sounds like leadership material.

If he catches on, we will be blessing for a long long time as he is so young and has not even reached his peak.

I hear he is more of a CD rather than a RB? What is his best position?
His prefered position is CD but he has played most games for Fortuna as a RB.
As he stated in an interview above his coach may like his accurate crossing and his pace and stamina a modern right-back needs.

Naija 4 life!
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

1naija wrote:Who dey go this game sef? I never hear one person say him dey go Atlanta.
I will be in Atlanta hours before the game
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Where are the guys that keep disrespecting Kesh.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Why is his picture not on the other thread of guys in camp?
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Robotnik wrote:Why is his picture not on the other thread of guys in camp?
Never mind I seen the picture on another site..
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Ill be in Atlanta Wednesday morning
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Cellular wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Me sef plan to storm camp with my kits. I might be a Nigerian International after the fact on Wednesday... :D
As a mascot?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai!!! Too early to dey read dis kain tin men...
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
JssMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JssMan »

If he is Div 2 and a bench warmer, he has no place in our squad, when we are supposed to be close to selecting a team for the World Cup. OMG!

Jh8: 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

1naija wrote:

But bia, so the guy is a division 2 player? Who is selling us this rubbish?
This is the nonsense we will have to put up with. I can see all of his agents are jubilating- they do not care for their country ,that is for sure. How old is he now? 24?25?26? And he is not even a starter at a 2nd division club! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: Meanwhile Otigba continues to beg to be given a chance....
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

metalalloy wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:

AIDS is real. :(
Have you figured out the eligibility rules yet? dumba$$$ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and have you figured out how to use a condom yet????? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

VE please confirm if Tony Harris is his agent and if Keshi has hammered?
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Some of you all are talking like this guy is the next best thing since slice bread....
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Am more happy with the invitation of Imoh and Uchebo, i believe these two players will make the world cup squad. Imoh is more like an Uche ike but with better pace and shooting ability.

if only keshi can also bring in Anichebe, who will complement Emenike if there is injury.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

osita wrote:Am more happy with the invitation of Imoh and Uchebo, i believe these two players will make the world cup squad. Imoh is more like an Uche ike but with better pace and shooting ability.

if only keshi can also bring in Anichebe, who will complement Emenike if there is injury.

dude,Imoh is my guy-but remember Uche has 12 goals in La Liga this season.....
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:
osita wrote:Am more happy with the invitation of Imoh and Uchebo, i believe these two players will make the world cup squad. Imoh is more like an Uche ike but with better pace and shooting ability.

I have always said in this forum that national team form is different from club form. you may be surprised that imoh will fit perfectly into SE playing style.

no disrespect to uche but he has team meates in villeral that complement his style (tika taka). Imoh a times works his own goals, and you can see that determination in his playing style.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

osita wrote:
B!GGESTMAN wrote:

I have always said in this forum that national team form is different from club form. you may be surprised that imoh will fit perfectly into SE playing style.

no disrespect to uche but he has team meates in villeral that complement his style (tika taka). Imoh a times works his own goals, and you can see that determination in his playing style.
So Ike Uche has never had National team form? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ike Uche had a slump period......and during that period, it wasn't like he was on fire for club either. I believe, there were some injury related issues and basically, he was off his game for a while, even after he returned. Now, his form has returned and people are talking about his game, based on the LOWEST point in his career!

I hope people realize, that Rashidi Yekini at his lowest point, was useless! Emmanuel Emenike, at his lowest point was useless!

So what gives? Last I checked, only Emenike has excelled at this eagles playing style...yet people keep talking about playing style. Bright Dike, Ameobi are they all of a sudden prolific? It is early days!

Lets be real!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT