Keshi\Anichebe: Talking.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Super Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Keshi\Anichebe: Talking.

Post by Super Eagle »

metalalloy wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:Convincing Victor Anichebe to return to the Super Eagles team is the best move Keshi can make in that position. Without a doubt, Victor is the missing link in our team right now. His partnership with Emmanuel Emenike in a 4-4-2 formation would be too hot for most teams to handle. Mark my words.

O pari

LOL, so you people dont get tired of setting yourselves up for disappointment? Apparently, Anichebe is now the savior of the month, last month was Imoh, next month apparently is Dauda. :rotf: :rotf:
He may not be the savior, but he's definitely a much better option than primadonnas like Ike Uche and Odemwingie.
We need somebody who can play and work for the team.

O pari
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

Euphoria, defined. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are Your Own Dog
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I watched the Confed Cup game against Uruguay again, with a calm head (and heart), and Babatunde did not do too badly actually. We should not write people off so casually. I'm not saying he should be called up but we should not 'useless' him.
Lolly wrote:
tunde72 wrote:I am loving Keshi, he knows how to divert attention of people. Surely Keshi knows his team. He is just messing around with people.
Keshi also knows who our best players are. He can divert all the attention as he wants but the Confeds cup selection drama will not happen a second time. People are calling names of players that need to be invited to camp. Lets see how he will invite the Babatunde's of this season and not expose himself.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

JMObi wrote:Anichebe is Musa minus the brainlessness and weak physical frame. He is fast and a physical terror on opposing defences. I would play Anichebe wide with license to cut into the box. He would stretch any defence from out wide.
Are you talking about the same Anichebe? :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

cito us wrote:
JMObi wrote:Anichebe is Musa minus the brainlessness and weak physical frame. He is fast and a physical terror on opposing defences. I would play Anichebe wide with license to cut into the box. He would stretch any defence from out wide.
Are you talking about the same Anichebe? :shock: :shock: :shock:
No he is talking about a diffrent one - Abehcina
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Abbey wrote:
GUEST wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Although he's not prolific in front of goal, what choice do we have?

The Point some are Missing..

They says we have a Lot of Talents--Where are these Lots?

Another Planet!
Are you for real!!!
whosaiiiiiii..
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

metalalloy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
bushboy wrote:Anichebe is the poorest striker I have ever watched. Keshi!! Call Dauda please!
Better than misses ighalo...

:rotf: :rotf:
On what planet? Abeg put side by side comparison of their scoring record.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

From a tactical point of view, I'm really beginning to have my doubts about Keshi; especially when he makes statements like finding our "messiah" in the Nigerian league at this late hour. If anything, one would have expected Keshi to have returned to Europe after the Mexico game to finalize his scouting rounds. This would have enabled him to watch Dauda up close, perhaps meet with Osaze,Lukman and Uche, as well as the Aluko's of this world, to at least determine if they are worth inviting. Instead, we are talking about strikers in the mould of Anichebe and Amoebi, who are not prolific scorers but only big targets. Personally, I believe Keshi has bitten more than he can chew. Bringing Yobo back, and with the likes of Omozusi and Amoebi getting the nod ahead of Uche, Aluko, Lukman, Osaze has got to be worrisome to anyone familiar with the kind of talent we possess in European leagues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ogiso wrote:I watched the Confed Cup game against Uruguay again, with a calm head (and heart), and Babatunde did not do too badly actually. We should not write people off so casually. I'm not saying he should be called up but we should not 'useless' him.
Lolly wrote:
tunde72 wrote:I am loving Keshi, he knows how to divert attention of people. Surely Keshi knows his team. He is just messing around with people.
Keshi also knows who our best players are. He can divert all the attention as he wants but the Confeds cup selection drama will not happen a second time. People are calling names of players that need to be invited to camp. Lets see how he will invite the Babatunde's of this season and not expose himself.
I wonder why he hasn't been recalled since if he didnt do too badly.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

I'll take Anichebe over Ameobi...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:I'll take Anichebe over Ameobi...

I will take neither, to be frank. Anichebe comes with overhype attached. Amoebi is past it. Hey, its up to Keshi but I just don't feel it with those two players.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Enugu II wrote:

I will take neither, to be frank. Anichebe comes with overhype attached. Amoebi is past it. Hey, its up to Keshi but I just don't feel it with those two players.
Bros seriously i disagree with u .. Anichebe and Ameobi have more to offer compare to Uchebo and Musa that runs like a chickenless chicken head . Go watch most of Anichebe games under Siasia u will see what he brings to the table ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote:

But if you had to choose between the two, which one would you pick?

For me, Anichebe is just a younger version of Shola, the only difference I see between them is the fact that from day 1 we knew that Anichebe's heart was for Nigeria. The same can't be said about the other guy......
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

For me, Anichebe is just a younger version of Shola, the only difference I see between them is the fact that from day 1 we knew that Anichebe's heart was for Nigeria. The same can't be said about the other guy…...
Sunset,

I would not pick either one. I just don't like their game and it didn't start today. I am not sure how Amoebi fits into Keshi's plan except perhaps locker room leadership. As for Anichebe, IMHO, he and Obasi are the most overhyped of Nigerian players. I rarely make those type of statements about players but I do understand why some coaches may like them but if I was coaching both will not be on my team.

I agree with you in terms of Anichebe's unquestioned commitment to Nigeria. Kudos for him on that, no doubt. However, my take here is my subjective view of their value to Nigeria's SE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Enugu II wrote:

I'm absolutely obfuscated. I have always believed you,Cellular,Oloye and Gotti as regards to Keshi the Super eagles is passing resemblance of communist central committe whereby everbody endorses unianimously the opinions and the will of the leader.Wonder never ceases as they always say in Nigeria. So the Almighty Keshi is also fallable.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bully12 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I'm absolutely obfuscated. I have always believed you,Cellular,Oloye and Gotti as regards to Keshi the Super eagles is passing resemblance of communist central committe whereby everbody endorses unianimously the opinions and the will of the leader.Wonder never ceases as they always say in Nigeria. So the Almighty Keshi is also fallable.
Obviously you have not been reading carefully. None of the things stated above can be considered new. I certainly root for Keshi, make no mistake about it. He is on his way to being the BEST EVER coach to lead Nigeria as shown by his results. However, that does not mean that I agree with some of his player choices. On Amoebi, I had always disagreed but I understand his reason for making the choice. Same as my feelings on non-call up of Lukman. On Obasi, my take has not changed in the last four years on the player.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote:
Sunset wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

For me, Anichebe is just a younger version of Shola, the only difference I see between them is the fact that from day 1 we knew that Anichebe's heart was for Nigeria. The same can't be said about the other guy…...
Sunset,

I would not pick either one. I just don't like their game and it didn't start today. I am not sure how Amoebi fits into Keshi's plan except perhaps locker room leadership. As for Anichebe, IMHO, he and Obasi are the most overhyped of Nigerian players. I rarely make those type of statements about players but I do understand why some coaches may like them but if I was coaching both will not be on my team.

I agree with you in terms of Anichebe's unquestioned commitment to Nigeria. Kudos for him on that, no doubt. However, my take here is my subjective view of their value to Nigeria's SE.
Bros,
Let me just clarify my position on both of them. I personally don't rate either of them as quality Strikers (wouldn't even rank them in the top 15 Naija strikers), but "if" I had to "pick" between the two, I'd pick Anichebe.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Obviously you have not been reading carefully. None of the things stated above can be considered new. I certainly root for Keshi, make no mistake about it. He is on his way to being the BEST EVER coach to lead Nigeria as shown by his results. However, that does not mean that I agree with some of his player choices. On Amoebi, I had always disagreed but I understand his reason for making the choice. Same as my feelings on non-call up of Lukman. On Obasi, my take has not changed in the last four years on the player.
Why do you even dignify some of these folks... :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

bully12 wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:Although he's not prolific in front of goal, what choice do we have?
Ike Uche a proven and undisputed prolific scorer both country and club. Am I lucid and convincing enough?
Prolific where? Please which nations cup or world cup was he prolific for country-ANC 2008 or 2010? Please tell us...
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

amos09 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Ike Uche a proven and undisputed prolific scorer both country and club. Am I lucid and convincing enough?
Prolific where? Please which nations cup or world cup was he prolific for country-ANC 2008 or 2010? Please tell us...
So its only nations cup and world cup games that Nigeria plays abi? They magically get there without playing qualifiers? or maybe they are always invited? Sometimes you people let your bias cloud your judgment. Ike Uche was not at the 2010 world cup. He has been to two nations cup, 2008 and 2013. In 08, he started 2 games and was a sub in one game. In 2013, he was a sub in 4 games (one game with 2 minutes). While you may not like him, you cant take away the fact that he is the 4th highest goal scorer for the Nigerian national team and has scored several crucial goals that have qualified us for tournaments.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

He hasn't heard from anyone according to the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26632362
Nigeria striker Victor Anichebe insists he has not been asked to return to the national side for the World Cup.
The 25-year-old recently put his international career on hold to "manage his body" and to focus on his club.
Super Eagles media officer Ben Alaiya revealed coach Stephen Keshi is hoping to persuade the West Brom forward to change his mind.
But Anichebe told BBC Sport: "I haven't spoken to anybody, that goes from the federation to Stephen Keshi himself."
However, he has not ruled out a return to the fold - and he realises the tournament in Brazil may be his last chance to play at the biggest event in football.
"We will see what happens," said Anichebe, who missed out on selection for South Africa 2010. "Right now I'm playing well, feeling fit, strong and helping my team in the situation we are currently in at the moment.
"If I continue to play well from now to the end of the season then we can take it from there.
"I'm grateful that the coach says he is willing to give me a chance, but I think everybody in Nigeria and around the world knows what I can do and capable of.
"The Premier League is watched around the world so it's easy to see what qualities I can bring to the team.

"If not, there are so many other talented Nigerians around the world that would also love the opportunity to represent their country and play in such a prestigious tournament.
"Yes the World Cup only comes once in every four years and it could be my last opportunity - this is something I'm aware of but I haven't spoken to anybody."
A former England youth international, Anichebe switched allegiance and played his first game for Nigeria in March 2008.
He scored on his debut in a 2-0 win over South Africa to help them reach the 2008 Olympics and was then part of the squad that went on to win silver in Beijing.
In his last appearance for the Super Eagles, a 2-0 win over Madagascar in 2011, he suffered a groin problem. Since then he has opted to concentrate on securing regular first-team football at club level.
That decision has led to criticism from some Nigeria supporters but Anichebe rejects any suggestions he does not care about the country.
"I believe I have some good fans in Nigeria that understood and respected my decision to concentrate on getting fit," he said.
"Some players would have just joined the team, not in great condition but for personal gains. I see the bigger picture in things and it's worked for me.
"Nigeria also won the Nations Cup in 2013 and we got to discover other talents that we may not have got the chance to see.
"So any 'fan' that sees me as unpatriotic is just being unfair because if you check the meaning of patriotism it's the love and devotion you show for your country and I love Nigeria.
"I grew up in England but only see myself as a Nigerian and my long-term objective is a lot bigger than this because I hope to give back to my country.
"Football has given me a great platform but my aim is to help young people in Nigeria, so to say I'm not patriotic is ludicrous."
Anichebe is also keen to make it clear he did not decide to withdraw from international duty because he failed to make the World Cup squad four years ago.
"I must commend the players that got Nigeria to this year's World Cup because I did the same thing a few years ago," he said.
"But then I played a friendly game and got man of the match in nearly every newspaper in Nigeria yet I still didn't go to South Africa, which was a shame and a great disappointment.
"But I held no grudges and still returned to play for Nigeria before I suffered an injury.
"What happened in 2010 showed that some decisions obviously have no logic but that's life at times.
"The break has helped me to stay fit and enabled Nigeria the chance to discover other players."
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

metalalloy wrote:
amos09 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
So its only nations cup and world cup games that Nigeria plays abi? They magically get there without playing qualifiers? or maybe they are always invited? Sometimes you people let your bias cloud your judgment. Ike Uche was not at the 2010 world cup. He has been to two nations cup, 2008 and 2013. In 08, he started 2 games and was a sub in one game. In 2013, he was a sub in 4 games (one game with 2 minutes). While you may not like him, you cant take away the fact that he is the 4th highest goal scorer for the Nigerian national team and has scored several crucial goals that have qualified us for tournaments.
A player that prolific should be starting and finishing all games for Nigeria or is there any particular reason why he did not play all games in 08 when he was reatively at his peak. How many goals did he score during the same period. This has nothing to do with bias. It is about understanding the difference between how we played between 2007 and 2010 and how we are playing now. Ike Uch's style of play does not suit our present system of hussling for 90 minutes. Please read the article by Onochie Anibeze to understand why his indiscipline does not help his cause.
fishward
Egg
Egg
Re: Keshi\Anichebe never spoken

Post by fishward »

Please change heading as they have npt spoken so all this discussion is mute
For evil too prosper it only needs men of goodwill to stand by Idile and do nothing!