THERE ARE 3 PLAYERS THAT KE$HI NEEDS TO TAKE TO BRAZIL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: THERE ARE 3 PLAYERS THAT KE$HI NEEDS TO TAKE TO BRAZIL

Post by Gotti »

Abbey wrote:Yeah. Those who live in the past will die in the past! :smile:
While those who forget the past will die foolishly in the present... :)
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote:
Coach wrote:Vancity, kindly substantiate your assertions with statistical evidence. What has Obasi produced for club since being back in the miz? Goals? Assists? Haruna the same. Assuming meritocracy be the principle upon which call-ups be based, rather than the unjustifiable Ameobisms.
He has a goal, an assist, and a MOM performance all in Bundesliga. How many of our players are playing at such a high level ?

Please kindly post the statistics for other players under Ke$hi regime. They are not impressive, so your statements are pointless.
Bro, stop with the comic Ali routine. Those are not serious stats.

But even if we ignored that, his injury history makes him a huge risk for any manager.

He is not a 'must take' choice; he is a player whose decision has to go down to the wire to be sure of his form and especially his health.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

I would agree on Osaze but we need a player like Nwofor (if fit), and Aluko (left footed player with speed and the ability to whip in crosses from the left wing).
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

soccernut wrote:I would agree on Osaze but we need a player like Nwofor (if fit), and Aluko (left footed player with speed and the ability to whip in crosses from the left wing).
He has been fit since February but featured mostly for the reserves
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

fabio wrote: Get ready for three major shocks, when Keshi announces his 30 man squad.

I hope you have bought a new shock absorber.
Fabio, who are you referring your comment to? Is it to all the forumers or to VE? Just asking for clarification
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:IMO we need more, guys like Otigba, Uche, Dauda, Anichebe should also be in the mix, Joel Obi to if fit., but these 3 are non negotiable. KE$hi needs to take them to Brazil.

1. Peter Odemwingie - another wide option, should be a starter , offers the perfect mix of speed, hustle, defending, and goal scoring threat. THERE ARE NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS HE MUST BE IN BRAZIL.

2. Haruna Lukman - the only goal scoring midfielder we have. Cool composure, technique , and creativity on the ball. A perfect super sub or joker.

3. Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi - back in the mix and has hopefully put his injuries behind him. Offers a crafty, tricky, and intelligent option on the wings and also defends. Is needed as a deadly option on the bench who can break open stubborn defences.

I know 2 and 3 has no chance. 1 maybe. Besides, while will Keshi pay attention to what you say? You already think he is a fraud as much as I think you're a fraud also
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

By the time Keshi calls up all the players that folks are saying 'MUST' be in the Super Eagles, we will be submitting a 50 man list to FIFA. :rotf:
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

vancity eagle wrote:If Ke$hi chooses Nigerias best players and not some phantom "team players" "system players" "chemistry players" then the semi finals is a real possibility.
Will you stop with this your silly obsession with the best players? The same argument is what led you to conclude that Nigeria was going to win the ANC 2012. Same argument led to you predicting that Nigeria was not going to make it past the first round then you shifted your post to the next round and we all know how that ended up for you in 2013. At the end of the the day, if the so called best players are not ready to be part of the team then they can go sit their arses down and let the team move on without them like they did in 2013.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Flex Swift wrote:Na wa everybody don kick Nosa to the kerb! All of a sudden every body de shout for Ogude who was found out at the last ANC (another Etuhu, Olofinjana type player). I dey watch wetting go happen.
U do know that Nosa is hurt and Ogude is regaining his form back:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

marutimon wrote:I say Abdul Ajagun also should make the squad.
Should make the 30 but not sure about the final 23
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:If Ke$hi chooses Nigerias best players and not some phantom "team players" "system players" "chemistry players" then the semi finals is a real possibility.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

First, both categories are NOT mutually-exclusive...
But who decides who's "best"? YOU (and before you answer remember Nsofor and CIV)?!
Don't mind the angel* here masquerading as Samson Siasia. He thinks just because a player scores a goal here and there he must be in the SE team. He has no concept of team play and fitting the system of a team. He talks and talks as if he will take the responsibility for player selections. Another deluded internet licensed coach
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Keshi worried about Mikel Obi and Victor Moses

http://dailypost.ng/2014/03/25/keshi-wo ... tor-moses/

Coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi, has expressed his worry over the inability of his star players, to get enough playing time ahead of this summer’s World Cup.

Midfielder John Mikel Obi and forward Victor Moses, have seen their contributions limited at Chelsea and Liverpool respectively this year.

Jose Mourinho has opted to play January arrival Nemanja Matic ahead of Obi, while Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers prefers English winger Raheem Sterling to Moses.

“It’s unfortunate [Mikel and Moses] are not playing at their clubs regularly but these kids are good football players,” Keshi said at a media roundtable organised by the national team’s official sponsors TomTom in Lagos on Tuesday.

“They’re not kids that I need to teach how to play football. It’s just the chemistry that I need to bring into the team, the unity, the understanding.

“I would love them to be consistent at their clubs, to play every game but unfortunately I can’t control that.

“I think they’re in good shape because when I saw Mikel in the last game [against Mexico], he was sharp.

“I spoke to Moses about what is going on and he gave me an answer that I cannot say otherwise. It’s difficult but I still need them, the team needs them,” Keshi said.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: With you Big Boss
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

What did I say. Odemwingie and Obasi both scoring. Meanwhile Moses is still chopping bench. I like Moses by the way, but these 2 CANNOT BE EXCLUDES based on form and playing time.

Again these are 3 players that are non negotiable for Ke$hi.

1. Odemwingie
2. Obasi
3. Lukman

I would also consider the following

Uche
Otigba
Joel
Anichebe
Taiwo
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote:What did I say. Odemwingie and Obasi both scoring. Meanwhile Moses is still chopping bench. I like Moses by the way, but these 2 CANNOT BE EXCLUDES based on form and playing time.

1. Odemwingie
2. Obasi
3. Lukman
They were in the last WC. What did they achieve?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:What did I say. Odemwingie and Obasi both scoring. Meanwhile Moses is still chopping bench. I like Moses by the way, but these 2 CANNOT BE EXCLUDES based on form and playing time.

1. Odemwingie
2. Obasi
3. Lukman

How old are you ? You logic is that of a kindergarten student.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle
How old are you ?
Wiser than you!
You logic is that of a kindergarten student.
Your logic is on par with a day old baby!!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

fabio wrote:

1. Odemwingie
2. Obasi
3. Lukman
Enyeama, Ejide, Ideye, Nsorfor & Echiejile were also in the last WC.

So were Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Franck Ribery...
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

anointed wrote:Enyeama, Ejide, Ideye, Nsorfor & Echiejile were also in the last WC.

Enyeama played well against Argentina.
Ejide did not play.
Can't remember seeing Ideye or Echiiejile playing.
Nsofor was pants.
Lionel and Ronaldo tried.
Ribery caused trouble in the French camp.

Any more questions?
brigadoon
Egg
Egg

Post by brigadoon »

1. Odemwingie
2. Obasi
3. Lukman
Who the bloody hell is negotiating with you? Who are you and what has your miserable self achieved?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

fabio wrote:
anointed wrote:Enyeama, Ejide, Ideye, Nsorfor & Echiejile were also in the last WC.

Ejide did not play.
Nsofor was pants.

Any more questions?
Yes!
They were in the last WC. What did they achieve
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

The trick is not who gets invited, but getting these individual to work together as a TEAM..work hard for each other, make the right passes and timely, get into positions to receive a pass and also deliver them quickly. That's a recipe of teamwork.
That's what Keshi is trying to do.

I still think Ejike Uzeonyi should make the team. He has one hell of a left foot and he exemplified himself in CHAN a few months ago The world stage will not be too much for him to handle.
Kunle Odunlami should be on the team as well.
Glaring omission should be Obinna Nsofor, Oduamadi, Sunday Mba and Shola Ameobi.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

brigadoon wrote:

1. Odemwingie
2. Obasi
3. Lukman
Who the bloody hell is negotiating with you? Who are you and what has your miserable self achieved?
Haba!! He's a fan naw. That's his opinion...abi how dare him have his opinion?
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

anointed wrote:
fabio wrote:

Ejide did not play.
Nsofor was pants.

Any more questions?
Yes!
They were in the last WC. What did they achieve
Okay! I give up