Falcons player gets sex change,

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kendo
Egg
Egg
Falcons player gets sex change,

Post by kendo »

Former Super Falcons player, Iyabo Abade, has successfully undergone a sex change operation in the United States.

http://odili.net/news/source/2005/feb/11/505.html

Abade, a confirmed hermaphrodite, left Nigeria for the operation early last year after a series of failed attempts to correct the abnormality that led to his being dropped from the female national team.

He now bears James Johnson.

Hermaphrodite is a person or animal with both male and female organs. While it is common with animals, it is rare in human beings.

The organs and functions of one or both sexes usually develop imperfectly in a hermaphrodite. So far, according to the World Book Encyclopedia, few human cases have been reported.

The medical community has not given a clear reason for this condition but the most common cause is Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome.

The AIS is the condition in which the body does not respond to the androgen being produced.

The Falcon player completed the test in the first week of January and did the final operation two weeks later at Midway Hospital, San Vincente Boulevard, Los Angeles, California.

Our source revealed that a senior consultant to the hospital and a surgeon, Dr Gary Alter, was the leader of the team that operated on the Nigerian.

Johnson spent four weeks in the hospital after the operation and is expected to spend three more recuperating.

When our correspondent called the hospital, Alter confirmed that Johnson had been discharged.

"He is no longer here and I don't want to speak further on him unless you get his permission," he said.

The doctor referred our correspondent to one Ms. Zena, who was not available to pick the two calls put through to her.

Before now, the player had undergone a series of tests, revealing that there was a preponderance of male hormones in her system.

On the financial aspect, Mr. Sam Etuks, a Nigerian journalist now based in the USA, told our correspondent that the surgery was funded from Nigeria.

Etuks, an executive of Keay Consult, said over $29,200 was given to Johnson for the surgery.

An official of the Municipal Affairs Department of the Ministry of Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Mr Gozie Eze Onwurie, signed the letter used to process and send the money to Johnson, while the approval came from the Director of the Department, Mrs. M.N. Ajanah.

Personal Assistant to Mrs Ajanah, Mr. Sadiq Abubakar, told our correspondent that the ministry was responsible, 100 per cent, for the treatment of the former Falcons player.

He said, "We are so happy with the development. The two operations were successful and we have spoken to her after the operation. A total of N5.9million was spent.

“It would have been sad to allow a non-Nigerian or group to handle Iyabo's matter. We are expecting her back soon and we intend to give her a good reception.

“The minister of FCT, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, gave us his full support and we thank him for this gesture.”

Johnson last featured for the Federal Capital Territory’s Queens Football Club before confessing to being a hermaphrodite.

"I am happy that Nigeria responded to the plight of Johnson. We were initially misinformed that help was not coming from anywhere. But we now know better," Etuks said.

"She was even given an additional N 500, 000 for her upkeep aside from the hospital bills. The dollar equivalent was sent to her here in the US."

With the final operation completed, the 19-year-old player is expected to live a normal life as a man.

He told our correspondent in an interview last year about his wish to play for the national under 20 team, the Flying Eagles.

Incidentally, the Nigerian U-20 team recently qualified for the 2005 World Youth Championship, holding in Holland in June.

The player traded the name Iyabo Abade for James Johnson at the preliminary test stage to reflect his new status as a man.

Attempt on Thursday to speak with Johnson failed.

He is said to be on contract with a media organisation which is doing a documentary on him.

The Punch, Friday, February 11, 2005
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

How the #$%$ is it possible that a human being has " both male and female organs"? :shock:
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

lowzeewee wrote:How the #$%$ is it possible that a human being has " both male and female organs"? :shock:
It is fvcking possible!
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Penarity and lowzeewee, you guys got jokes :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My own be say, hers was a waste of talent. I mean, I can't see the reason why she didn't chose to stay a female.
#1. It's easier and more reliable to perform male to female reconstructive surgery than vice versa.
#2. She's been living her life as a female since birth
#3. She's still young enuff to play for the falcons
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

CONGRATULATIONS FOR A SUCCESSUL SOGARY.

e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

L–R: Senior Consultant, Midway Hospital, Dr. Gary Alter; Iyabo Abade (now James Johnson); and the hospital’s Business Consultant, Ms Zena. Bottom: Midway Hospital
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Gbaryi
Egg
Egg

Post by Gbaryi »

No wonder Kenyans could not win against that team! But I wish her/him luck anyway. This situation is very common in Asia. He must have gone thru a very hard time.
Ever notice that the people who are late are often much jollier than the people who have to wait for them?

Anonymous.
Fussballgott
Egg
Egg

Post by Fussballgott »

Vindave wrote:Image

L–R: Senior Consultant, Midway Hospital, Dr. Gary Alter; Iyabo Abade (now James Johnson); and the hospital’s Business Consultant, Ms Zena. Bottom: Midway Hospital
She/he always looked like a dude(from what I see on the pic).
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Why did he choose english names? Why not just change only the first name?
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

lowzeewee wrote:How the #$%$ is it possible that a human being has " both male and female organs"? :shock:
i guess sometimes u remind us that u are only 15.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

I he going to change his name? Is Iyabo a male name as well?

What is the meaning of this (I believe a quote by Mr. Etuk or Minister El Rufai)?
“It would have been sad to allow a non-Nigerian or group to handle Iyabo's matter. We are expecting her back soon and we intend to give her a good reception.
What is that supposed to mean?

How is his former Falcon teammates Iyabo has showered with taking this? Any law suit (if this was Yankee you would expect one but I doubt if it will happen in this case).

How does he (Mr Abade) think he will make the Holland 2005 bound team? Is he that good? What possition did he play for the Falcons?

In all I am happy for her. The first I heard that she hard the surgery in Cali the first thing I though of was the financial part. I am glad Nigerian officials stepped up and helped him out + the other pocket money. I am glad that the surgery went well - here is wish Iyabo a speedy and complete recorvery.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

A happy ending to an otherwise intriguing case.My salute goes to Sammy Etuks,Minister El-Rufai,and the Federal Capital Territory for giving Nigeria a good name for once.
To the question as to Abade's ability,reports indicate that (s)he was one of the best Falcons.But then,playing as a man is another ball game.The stakes and talent level rises.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Oguleftie wrote:Why did he choose english names? Why not just change only the first name?

...to what?...Olusegun???????
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Damn (s)he should have changed her name to Muhammed El Mumuzines, that silly guy living in a cardboard box and having nothing better to do than to waste his social security payment on going to internet stations to defend Mr Walker Bush.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Vindave wrote:CONGRATULATIONS FOR A SUCCESSUL SOGARY.

Vindave don come again o...which one be SOGARY?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
khalela
Egg
Egg

Post by khalela »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Vindave wrote:CONGRATULATIONS FOR A SUCCESSUL SOGARY.

Vindave don come again o...which one be SOGARY?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .Chineke.You no dey see something commot eye?
It was that the pasillo was followed by a paseo - a walk in the park. That Madrid ran out 4-1 winners and lead Barcelona by 17 points, that Barcelona can no longer get second place and could only watch as Ruud van Nistelrooy and Higuaín scored with their first touches, as Mahamadou Diarra ran rings around their midfield and as the Bernabéu roared "¡olé!" That Joan Laporta listened to fans - Madrid fans - chanting: "Laporta please stay!"

Sid Lowe,2008
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

..if SUYA can shoplift with 7 fingers(for one hand @ that! :shock: ) anything else is possible!! :evil:

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Fegwu wrote:I he going to change his name? Is Iyabo a male name as well?

What is the meaning of this (I believe a quote by Mr. Etuk or Minister El Rufai)?
What is that supposed to mean?

How is his former Falcon teammates Iyabo has showered with taking this? Any law suit (if this was Yankee you would expect one but I doubt if it will happen in this case).

How does he (Mr Abade) think he will make the Holland 2005 bound team? Is he that good? What possition did he play for the Falcons?

In all I am happy for her. The first I heard that she hard the surgery in Cali the first thing I though of was the financial part. I am glad Nigerian officials stepped up and helped him out + the other pocket money. I am glad that the surgery went well - here is wish Iyabo a speedy and complete recorvery.

iyabo dey tap the leda
some of his teammates at FCT Queens believe he can even make the super eagles team, but i do not know about that, but one thing i know is that if he is as good as they say, he should be given a chance in the U-20s. if he makes it okay, if not, we move on
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

ikwerreman wrote:iyabo dey tap the leda
some of his teammates at FCT Queens believe he can even make the super eagles team, but i do not know about that, but one thing i know is that if he is as good as they say, he should be given a chance in the U-20s. if he makes it okay, if not, we move on
It will be interesting to see. I do not see Siasia giving him a chance now but maybe he can start with the Nigerian pro league with a view to playing for the SE. But I doubt he would make it though ....but make we see.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Only in Nigeria strange things happen...
Soldier of Fortune...
omo-eko
Egg
Egg
hi

Post by omo-eko »

Muzines wrote
i guess sometimes u remind us that u are only 15

Hey muzines who is your daddy
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

i guess i forgot that Iyabo is way over 20.
he was top scorer in the nigerian female league in 1997 when he scored about 36 goals in 12 matches
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

ikwerreman wrote:i guess i forgot that Iyabo is way over 20.
he was top scorer in the nigerian female league in 1997 when he scored about 36 goals in 12 matches
IKman, when you see her, could you find out from her why she didn't chose to make a male to female sex change considering all the circumnstances (see my post above for details).
We still need her services but not in Super Eagles sha