REPORT: Keshi's World Cup List NOW with Team Scribe ……

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
REPORT: Keshi's World Cup List NOW with Team Scribe ……

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive:Osaze, Agbim in, Ike Uche out 0
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=60501
BY GEORGE ALUO ON APRIL 19, 2014 · COVER, SPORTS
•Six home lads get call up

If nothing changes after Tuesday’s NFF technical committee meeting with Keshi, then England based Osaze Odemwingie would be making a return to the Super Eagles for the Brazil 2014 World Cup, just as six home lads get into the 35- man provisional list to be sent to world soccer governing body, FIFA.

Sunday Sunsports exclusively gathered that Keshi has handed the Eagles World Cup list to team scribe Dayo Enebi Achor who would in turn make it available to the technical committee ahead of the crucial Tuesday meeting where it would be discussed and ratified before being sent to FIFA.

According to our source 29 foreign based and six homers got Keshi’s nod. Topping the list of the foreign pros is Osaze Odemwingie, who is making a return to the team, while Chigozie Agbim is leading the homers.

The six home lads on the list are Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United) Dan Akpeyi (Warri Wolves), Ejike Uzoenyi (Rangers), Azubuike Egwueke (Warri Wolves), Kunle Odunlami (Sunshine) and Abdullahi Shehu (Kano Pillars). It would be noted that all the six players were part of the bronze winning CHAN 2014 squad.

Our source further disclosed that Osaze is in the list, alongside injured newcomer Leon Balogun.

One player whose name is conspicuously missing is that of Spain based forward Ike Uche. According to our source Keshi has since explained to NFF bigwigs why he does not want Uche in the team in spite of his current form.

And everything points to the technical committee respecting the wish of the coach in a bid to avoid Keshi accusing the federation of interfering in his job.

“Maigari has started reaching out to the technical committee members to simply ok the list because he doesn’t want any problem as the Eagles begin their final build up for the World Cup,” our source said.

The NFF, we further gathered, has since last week gone ahead to process the travelling documents of the home lads on the provisional list.

“The home based players were in Abuja last week to secure their British and USA visa. The only person that didn’t come to Abuja was Agbim who has a running two year multiple visa to US,” our source said, adding, “the NFF is doing everything to ensure that nothing is amiss from its end. The players will get their visa for the London friendly against Scotland and the camping exercise in USA. Its now up to the coaches to do their job and ensure the Eagles have a decent World Cup outing in Brazil.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: REPORT: Keshi's World Cup List NOW with Team Scribe ……

Post by vancity eagle »

hmmm

FIFA will not accept a 35 man list, they require a 30 man list.

At least no Gambo, Francis, Kwambe nonsense.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

If this report is true, then we have not learned anything. FIFA requires a 30-man list by May 13 as you noted. With a 35-man list, Keshi would simply be pacifying the NFF. How would a decision be made to pare down the list to 30 by May 13 without observing the players in training? It is a mystery. All it shows is that we have not learned.

In 2010, NFF wanted a 45-man list from Lagerback. He submitted 44 only because Nedum Onuoha failed to commit. This was in April. Yet without any camping and training, Lagerback was forced to pare the list down to 30 by FIFA's deadline. This begs the question:

Is it possible that the NFF gains from such large lists? :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ejike is the only "Homer" I rate for the World Cup

Agbim is a Joke
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

Enugu II wrote:If this report is true, then we have not learned anything. FIFA requires a 30-man list by May 13 as you noted. With a 35-man list, Keshi would simply be pacifying the NFF. How would a decision be made to pare down the list to 30 by May 13 without observing the players in training? It is a mystery. All it shows is that we have not learned.

In 2010, NFF wanted a 45-man list from Lagerback. He submitted 44 only because Nedum Onuoha failed to commit. This was in April. Yet without any camping and training, Lagerback was forced to pare the list down to 30 by FIFA's deadline. This begs the question:

Is it possible that the NFF gains from such large lists? :rotf: :rotf:
Envelope competition?
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Enugu II wrote:
Exclusive:Osaze, Agbim in, Ike Uche out 0
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=60501
BY GEORGE ALUO ON APRIL 19, 2014 · COVER, SPORTS
•Six home lads get call up

If nothing changes after Tuesday’s NFF technical committee meeting with Keshi, then England based Osaze Odemwingie would be making a return to the Super Eagles for the Brazil 2014 World Cup, just as six home lads get into the 35- man provisional list to be sent to world soccer governing body, FIFA.

Sunday Sunsports exclusively gathered that Keshi has handed the Eagles World Cup list to team scribe Dayo Enebi Achor who would in turn make it available to the technical committee ahead of the crucial Tuesday meeting where it would be discussed and ratified before being sent to FIFA.

According to our source 29 foreign based and six homers got Keshi’s nod. Topping the list of the foreign pros is Osaze Odemwingie, who is making a return to the team, while Chigozie Agbim is leading the homers.

The six home lads on the list are Chigozie Agbim (Gombe United) Dan Akpeyi (Warri Wolves), Ejike Uzoenyi (Rangers), Azubuike Egwueke (Warri Wolves), Kunle Odunlami (Sunshine) and Abdullahi Shehu (Kano Pillars). It would be noted that all the six players were part of the bronze winning CHAN 2014 squad.

Our source further disclosed that Osaze is in the list, alongside injured newcomer Leon Balogun.

One player whose name is conspicuously missing is that of Spain based forward Ike Uche. According to our source Keshi has since explained to NFF bigwigs why he does not want Uche in the team in spite of his current form.

And everything points to the technical committee respecting the wish of the coach in a bid to avoid Keshi accusing the federation of interfering in his job.

“Maigari has started reaching out to the technical committee members to simply ok the list because he doesn’t want any problem as the Eagles begin their final build up for the World Cup,” our source said.

The NFF, we further gathered, has since last week gone ahead to process the travelling documents of the home lads on the provisional list.

“The home based players were in Abuja last week to secure their British and USA visa. The only person that didn’t come to Abuja was Agbim who has a running two year multiple visa to US,” our source said, adding, “the NFF is doing everything to ensure that nothing is amiss from its end. The players will get their visa for the London friendly against Scotland and the camping exercise in USA. Its now up to the coaches to do their job and ensure the Eagles have a decent World Cup outing in Brazil.”
Honestly when I read that line I subconsciously assumed the reason was going to be food related
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Wait and see--35 will be ridiculous..

Nigerian Journo has a way of Creating their Story..

They Knows the Names of the Domestic Players in the Team BUT ONLY ONE FOREIGN BASED ONE and his name

is OSAZE--Hmmmmmmm.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:Is it possible that the NFF gains from such large lists? :rotf: :rotf:
Not only the NFF...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

GUEST wrote:Wait and see--35 will be ridiculous..

Nigerian Journo has a way of Creating their Story..

They Knows the Names of the Domestic Players in the Team BUT ONLY ONE FOREIGN BASED ONE and his name

is OSAZE--Hmmmmmmm.
:agree:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Is it possible that the NFF gains from such large lists? :rotf: :rotf:
Not only the NFF...
Spivs and agents too...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...
Spivs and agents too...
At least one CE also...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

If that list has indeed been submitted, there's no way there will not be leakage. May be this is why we've been having rumored lists here and there.

And if Uche is not on the list as reported, I don't think anyone should lose sleep. I'd have personally loved him to be there but as he made his bed, afcon speaking, he's gonna lie on it. I guess his exclusion will also be a message sort of to all the NFF guys who used him to plan a coup during afcon that they steer clear.
Last edited by anointed on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

anointed wrote:If that list has indeed been submitted, there's no way there will not be leakage. May be this is why we've been having rumored lists here and there.

And if Uche is not on the list as reported, I don't think anyone should lose sleep. I'd have personally loved him to be there Utd as he made his bed, afcon speaking, he's gonna lie on it. I guess his exclusion will also be a message sort of to all the NFF guys who used him to plan a coup during afcon that they steer clear.
:agree:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...
Spivs and agents too...
At least one CE also...
No need to drag Patrick into this... :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...
Spivs and agents too...
At least one CE also...
Now now, it's not Pat I had in mind.... :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Gotti wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...
Spivs and agents too...
At least one CE also...
Now now, it's not Pat I had in mind.... :D
Got me stumped then... :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...
Hey 442, what happened to your own 30 man list :D smh you really think you count plus matter :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...
Hey 442, what happened to your own 30 man list :D smh you really think you count plus matter :rotf:
Why do you keep parroting 442, what's that got to with anything?

As for the list, it's about having a chain of thoughts and an opinion. You're incapable of having an opinion on anything other than which part of your body you'd use to make Mikel happy.

PS: is Munich still in Belgium? :lol: Ape! :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...

As for the list, it's about having a chain of thoughts and an opinion. You're incapable of having an opinion on anything other than which part of your body you'd use to make Mikel happy.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are a very wicked man
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...

Ape or swine? We have to debate that.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...

Whether you fantasize about my body parts, etc...doesn't change tge fact about 442 plus 30 man list :rotf:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

anointed wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Not only the NFF...

Ape or swine? We have to debate that.
A fake Christian, your judgment dey wait for you...smh . Akure lost soul ..,
SuperEagles

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

List will be released on tuesday, so says my usually reliable sources in Naija and Sacramento.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D