Official: Nigeria's provisional 30-man World Cup squad.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg
Re: Official: Nigeria's provisional 30-man World Cup squad.

Post by Chingo Bling »

Bros,
No get heart attack. Nwofor, Uchebo and Reuben have the same agent and will make the final 23 whether they are fit or not.
Some here will deny that Mr Harris had an influence.
My only major surprise is that Omosuzi didn't make the squad.

Enyi wrote:
Sir V wrote:Na God go help naija for this world cup. We continue to make the same mistake by not taking our best players to the world cup.

Exactly my point........

I don't really care regarding who Keshi picks or doesn't pick but at least he should know what the weakness of his team

1- no AM, why not invite untried and see if they match up?

2- no strikers apart from Emenike, maybe Osaze but can someone explain to me how Uchebo made the list against a better striker in the same league in the form of Imoh?.

3- don't get me started on Nwofor and on Obinna, the last game, he looked 77 yrs we all saw it and said it here but the coach didn't. With Musa, Nosa still getting back from injury, the only back-up we have on the list is Babatunde......seriously

4- speaking to an insider yesterday apparently, the omission of Ideye is due to the fact that Keshi refused to invite Uche, so the NFF told him it's either Uche or no Ideye, so instead of inviting Uche, he decided to cut of his nose to spite his face.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Sir V wrote:
Rawlings wrote:why is Chrisantus MaCauley missing from the list?
He is now just 23 and ready for prime time .. or is he still too young for the SE :ohmy:
Have they released the Ghana list?
May 12.
any list u see before then is "Naija man throwing dust into your gari"
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

General Trousers wrote:
Rawlings wrote:why is Chrisantus MaCauley missing from the list?
He is now just 23 and ready for prime time .. or is he still too young for the SE :ohmy:
You are asking about Father Christmas? He is in Ghana recruiting elves.
x

It's a pity you don't use your players who set the world on fire at 17 years-old
..or am I missing something? :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote:I think ppl are OK with 90% of the squad. It is the 10% that is really causing commotion here. There are some names that are just not justifiable and makes Keshi come across as a dishonest man. He has told white lies to the press (which he has every right to) and in the process misled Nigerians as to what he deems are his criteria for National team selection.

Ideye's case is strange. Yes he has had some below par games but to get overlooked completely should mean that there is someone more deserving of a look in. That is where the problem lies. Did Osaze take Ideye's place (I have NO problem with this) or was it the superstar Babatunde?

Obasi's omission.....surely it cant be injury if Nosa and Joel are on the list. Maybe Keshi thinks Ejike, Babatunde, Nsofor, Moses, Oduamandi and Musa are enough in the wide forward spots. You can only just laugh and shake ur head.

Then Uche Nwofor....going to WC camp of the back of a season in the reserves.....I hail o

Ideally you want competition for spots, you want to be confident in your reserves (Confeds cup showed us what taking scrubs as reserves can do to you) and you also want good team unity. We hope that this team has all that......we can only just hope.

Anyway I wont waste any more energy on the list. What's done is done....time to move on and cheer the boys on.

UP EAGLES.
Well, considering more than 20% will be dropped before the WC, what's the problem? :laugh:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Rawlings wrote:It's a pity you don't use your players who set the world on fire at 17 years-old
..or am I missing something? :winking:
You are missing Dominic Adiyiah... :winking:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Gotti wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:I think ppl are OK with 90% of the squad. It is the 10% that is really causing commotion here. There are some names that are just not justifiable and makes Keshi come across as a dishonest man. He has told white lies to the press (which he has every right to) and in the process misled Nigerians as to what he deems are his criteria for National team selection.

Ideye's case is strange. Yes he has had some below par games but to get overlooked completely should mean that there is someone more deserving of a look in. That is where the problem lies. Did Osaze take Ideye's place (I have NO problem with this) or was it the superstar Babatunde?

Obasi's omission.....surely it cant be injury if Nosa and Joel are on the list. Maybe Keshi thinks Ejike, Babatunde, Nsofor, Moses, Oduamandi and Musa are enough in the wide forward spots. You can only just laugh and shake ur head.

Then Uche Nwofor....going to WC camp of the back of a season in the reserves.....I hail o

Ideally you want competition for spots, you want to be confident in your reserves (Confeds cup showed us what taking scrubs as reserves can do to you) and you also want good team unity. We hope that this team has all that......we can only just hope.

Anyway I wont waste any more energy on the list. What's done is done....time to move on and cheer the boys on.

UP EAGLES.
Well, considering more than 20% will be dropped before the WC, what's the problem? :laugh:
That argument is just valid when all wastepipes will be left home what will very likely not be the case.
Reuben is almost 100% certain to make Keshi's squad, Keshi has proven that he rather takes an injuried player to the ANC than "wasting" another spot for a fit quality back-up.
Though I believe that Babatunde and Nwofor will both be dropped.
Ameobi is Emenike's back up - so no space for Nwofor.
Musa, Moses, Odemwingie and one between Nsofor/Oduamadi will be our wide players - so no space for Babatunde.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: New list, same issues

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:As you lay your bed, so must you lie in it.

Ke$hi allowed personal factors and his emotions to dictate his selections, choosing to take the easy route (players that are at best, average) as opposed to selecting the very best players the country has to offer. He will have to live with the consequences of his selection.

He had a chance to really make a strong and positive impact in this world cup outing, but that now seems a pipe dream, considering the calibre of this band of players he has opted to go with.

Oh well, on to 2018.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Would some of these be the "best" players that could not get past Guinea at home to qualify for the ANC?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

DAgrin wrote:That argument is just valid when all wastepipes will be left home what will very likely not be the case.
Reuben is almost 100% certain to make Keshi's squad, Keshi has proven that he rather takes an injuried player to the ANC than "wasting" another spot for a fit quality back-up.
Though I believe that Babatunde and Nwofor will both be dropped.
Ameobi is Emenike's back up - so no space for Nwofor.
Musa, Moses, Odemwingie and one between Nsofor/Oduamadi will be our wide players - so no space for Babatunde.
Well, when we get to that bridge...
Meanwhile, thanks for sharing your clairvoyance with us. Any scope on the MegaMillions?! :mrgreen:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:Na God go help naija for this world cup. We continue to make the same mistake by not taking our best players to the world cup.
We would rather take our "best" TEAM this time... :laugh:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Gotti wrote:

Ke$hi allowed personal factors and his emotions to dictate his selections, choosing to take the easy route (players that are at best, average) as opposed to selecting the very best players the country has to offer. He will have to live with the consequences of his selection.

He had a chance to really make a strong and positive impact in this world cup outing, but that now seems a pipe dream, considering the calibre of this band of players he has opted to go with.

Oh well, on to 2018.

Would some of these be the "best" players that could not get past Guinea at home to qualify for the ANC?
Strange argumentation.
Two wrongs don't make it right.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

metalalloy wrote:
mystic wrote:DEPTH CHART

GK - Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide, Chigozie Agbim, Daniel Akpeyi

RB - Efe Ambrose, Kenneth Omeruo, Godfrey Oboabona

LB - Elderson Echiejile, Juwon Oshaniwa, Kunle Odunlami

CB - Kenneth Omeruo, Godfrey Oboabona, Joseph Yobo, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Kunle Odunlami

CM - John Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Nosa Igiebor, Joel Obi, Gabriel Rueben, Ramon Azeez

AM/SS - Michael Uchebo, Sunday Mba, Ejike Uzoenyi

WF - Ahmed Musa, Victor Moses, Osaze Odemwingie, Victor Nsofor, Nnamdi Oduamadi, Ejike Uzoenyi, Michael Babatunde

FW - Emmanuel Emenike, Osaze Odemwingie, Shola Ameobi, Nwofor Uche

Nice. A. Musa could also be an alternate FW
35 man list? I thought it was supposed to be 30? Una dey sure say this na official list? I heard on the radio today that Keshi is releasing the list today. :???:
grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

My 23: Enyeama, Ejide, Agbim, Ambrose, Omeruo, Oboabona, Echiejile, Egwueke, Oshaniwa, Yobo, Onazi, Mikel, Azeez, Igiebor, Joel Obi, Uzoenyi, Mba, Musa, Moses, Osaze, Ameobi, Emenike, Nsofor.

Only replacement I'd like is Ameobi for Ideye and Yobo for Balogun, otherwise considering how Keshi likes to set up, the above is as good as it'll get.
"THE GENTILITY OF A LION SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS COWARDICE"

A Manchester United FC FANantic - Our history makes us STRONG, your hatred makes us STRONGER
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

NIGERIA'S PROVISIONAL LIST FOR 2014 WORLD CUP

GOALKEEPERS: Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide, Chigozie Agbim, Daniel Akpeyi

DEFENDERS: Elderson Echiejile, Juwon Oshaniwa, Godfrey Oboabona, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Kenneth Omeruo, Joseph Yobo, Kunle Odunlami, Efe Ambrose

MIDFIELDERS: John Obi Mikel, Ogenyi Onazi, Ramon Azeez, Joel Obi, Nosa Igiebor, Ejike Uzoenyi, Sunday Mba, Reuben Gabriel, Babatunde Michael

FORWARDS: Ahmed Musa, Shola Ameobi, Michael Uchebo, Emmanuel Emenike, Obinna Nsofor, Peter Odemwingie, Victor Moses, Uche Nwofor, Nnamdi Oduamadi
My bad. I just noticed that mystic double listed some players for depth chart purposes. Alright. Carry on with bashing Keshi. The list looks complete to me. No major exclusion. I'm thrilled for Osaze & Joel obi. I hope the duo make the final 23 along with Shola Ameobi. He might be an average joe fir Newcastle but for Keshi he works just fine. Looking good. :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Let them keep on losing sleep about players not included. Smh only on CE will jokers shout like they have any clue on managing a team... me I am already in worldcup mode... if una like cry cry cry , like small pikin,,, and these loud mouths claim they are contributing solid discuss to CE, smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

mojojojo wrote:I respect Keshi for this list.

With the world cup looming, he has refused to panic.

He has chosen a list of players that he has thorough knowledge of, ones he has worked with before.

No player, no matter how high his profile, has been included based only on reputation or form . The single thing all the players on the list have in common is that they have all featured prominently under Keshi at some point in time.

The only exception being Osaze.

The only surprise is the exclusion of Ideye.

This list will make or mar Keshi. Hopefully it all works out.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Enyi wrote:

Exactly my point........

I don't really care regarding who Keshi picks or doesn't pick but at least he should know what the weakness of his team

2- no strikers apart from Emenike, maybe Osaze but can someone explain to me how Uchebo made the list against a better striker in the same league in the form of Imoh?.

3- don't get me started on Nwofor and on Obinna, the last game, he looked 77 yrs we all saw it and said it here but the coach didn't. With Musa, Nosa still getting back from injury, the only back-up we have on the list is Babatunde......seriously

4- speaking to an insider yesterday apparently, the omission of Ideye is due to the fact that Keshi refused to invite Uche, so the NFF told him it's either Uche or no Ideye, so instead of inviting Uche, he decided to cut of his nose to spite his face.
:shock: :shock: WTF!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:
Enyi wrote:

Exactly my point........

:shock: :shock: WTF!!
and you believe this..smh what if I came up with a story? Everyone has an insider. Even kingoloku
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
andyk1012
Egg
Egg

Post by andyk1012 »

All these lead to one Fact!! The only person running the show is the Big Boss himself!! He calls the shot.. If he feels like taking junks like the ITK folks here terms it to the World Cup, So be it!! He feels like taking our Ronaldo, Messi and Pirlo who aren't in the list.. then Good!! It's his List, his World Cup, His Team!! The rest of us are just patriotic Spectators!! FANS!! Internet Coaches!! TXJs and Worldclass Coaches as our Avatar depicts... We should stick to sitting down behind our TVs where we belong and enjoy the world cup while the richer ones that can afford going to cheer the BIG BOSS' team in Brazil should do what real Fans Do.

Leave matters of selecting the players that would carry out another man's formation, ideology and insight to the man in question. Let him use what he feels is best for him and if by the end of the day his decisions turn out to be below standard then his employers can stand up and say... No this is not up to the standard we want... But for now... Don't Judge yet. JUst Enjoy the build up to the world cup!!
The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pissed
off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their
best years are already behind them.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You dey mind the dude? His responses are always way out there in left field.
DAgrin wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Oh well, on to 2018.

Strange argumentation.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

DAgrin wrote:Strange argumentation.
Strange rationalization...
Since you folks are campaigning for the same apparently "wrong" players to be recalled. :oops:
Last edited by Gotti on Wed May 07, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mystic wrote:DEPTH CHART

GK - Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide, Chigozie Agbim, Daniel Akpeyi

RB - Efe Ambrose, Kenneth Omeruo, Godfrey Oboabona

LB - Elderson Echiejile, Juwon Oshaniwa, Kunle Odunlami

CB - Kenneth Omeruo, Godfrey Oboabona, Joseph Yobo, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Kunle Odunlami

CM - John Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Nosa Igiebor, Joel Obi, Gabriel Rueben, Ramon Azeez

AM/SS - Michael Uchebo, Sunday Mba, Ejike Uzoenyi

WF - Ahmed Musa, Victor Moses, Osaze Odemwingie, Victor Nsofor, Nnamdi Oduamadi, Ejike Uzoenyi, Michael Babatunde

FW - Emmanuel Emenike, Osaze Odemwingie, Shola Ameobi, Nwofor Uche
Oga Mystic, thanks...

I think Moses should be the first WF... and should also be an option as AM.
Shola is ahead of Osaze at the FW position
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:You dey mind the dude? His responses are always way out there in left field.
At least, they stay on the field...
Yours always end up way way out of bounds! :mrgreen:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Yawn...
Very dry response. Try again
Gotti wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:You dey mind the dude? His responses are always way out there in left field.
At least, they stay on the field...
Yours always end up way way out of bounds! :mrgreen: