ETOO Rages Against Racism In Spain, Holds Press Conference..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Tell the blood clat racists, Samuel! Nuff respect!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

1naija wrote:I am curious, Do the racist spaniards make these monkey sounds to Ronaldinho too?
They abused Roberto Carlos some time back and i hear the wuss was shaken :lol: :lol: :lol:

Timely reminder that he is black :lol: :lol: :lol: Olboy don forget!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

1naija wrote:I am curious, Do the racist spaniards make these monkey sounds to Ronaldinho too?
Nope,
Even in the England Versus Spain game the darker shade of blacks were given far worse treatment than the lighter shades.

SO the likes of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Roberto Carlos probably don't see themselves as black until Nike ask them to do an ad :lol: :lol:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Yep! They do. Their favourite target are Roberto Carlos and Eto'o.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Akure4Life wrote:He is still a monkey in my books. A black man who wants to live like a white man.

Grow up Sir!!!!!!!
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

Eto, did not pour light on what effect he expects his "monkey dance" will achieve with the spanish racist public, let us pretend the man is intelligent and so·phis·ti·cat·ed for a moment, does he think he is dealing with sophisticated racist mobs on the stands and so needs a form of so·phis·ti·cat·ing "monkey dance" to shut them up?. The man is a confused git, we have the wrong role model as african footballer of the year at the moment period.
Last edited by monkeypost on Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Janganza,

Etoo is a fiercely proud fellow, and I think he has always been against racism. He faced up to the crowd against Levante when they insulted him, and he is just that kind of a guy. But I think all along many people did not know that. Even if one does not always agree with him, you can be sure he makes his opinion known, and does not take nonsense from anybody whatsoever, as the Spanish are now very well aware from their experiences with him.
Janganza wrote:I believe he's beggining to wake up to his responsibilities. This is the way it should be.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Monkeypost,

As you may not be able to tell, his monkeydance and subsequent press conference have put an unsavoury spotlight again on racism in Spain. All the Spanish websites I visit have been talking about it, as well as some English websites, and I don't think that is a bad thing.
monkeypost wrote:Eto, did not pour light on what effect he expects his monkey dance will achieve with the spanish racist public, let us pretend the man is intelligent and surfisticated for a moment, does he think he is dealing with surfiscated racist mobs on the stands and so needs a form of surfiscated monkey dancing to shut them up?. The man is a confused git, we have the wrong role model as african footballer of the year at the moment period.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Cellular,

Let's see whether they all support him going forward or chicken out....
Cellular wrote:Where are his team mates? :?
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

CyberSaint,

Now you are showing your hypocritical colours. Racism has always been and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, even if in the most subtle ways, because new people are born everyday who need to be educated on the issue, else they could learn the wrong concept. And here you are saying the damage has already been done, just because you don't want to commend Etoo for his little effort.
Cyber Saint wrote:What Eto'o "monkey dancer" Fils is doing now is like medicine after death. The damage has already been done.

As I said earlier, what da bobo needs is a good PR person, and real fast too. All these running like a #$%$* and living like a white man doesn't cut it for me. Neither does dancing like a monkey :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

O pari
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

monkeypost wrote:Eto, did not pour light on what effect he expects his "monkey dance" will achieve with the spanish racist public, let us pretend the man is intelligent and so·phis·ti·cat·ed for a moment, does he think he is dealing with sophisticated racist mobs on the stands and so needs a form of so·phis·ti·cat·ing "monkey dance" to shut them up?. The man is a confused git, we have the wrong role model as african footballer of the year at the moment period.
You are right, lets pretent Etoo is sophisticated, why does he have to set himself by their standard by making them understand his logic, if they choose not to understand, it adds more to their stupidity not Etoos, at the end of the day they are the ones paying to watch their team being flattened by "The monkey"...I believe Etoo is having the last laugh, meanwhile you can sit comfortably in your home and look for better role models
mblack76
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack76 »

Kameni issues fans warning
by Mark Kendall - created on 15 Feb 2005

Espanyol
Espanyol goalkeeper Carlos Kameni admits racist abuse could force him to reconsider his future at the club.
The Cameroonian goalkeeper has proved a revelation since joining the Catalan outfit from Le Havre last summer.
Kameni's form has been one of the major factors in Espanyol's continued challenge for European qualification this term, and his displays have not gone unnoticed inside Spain and abroad.
Manchester United are confirmed admirers of the African, who turns 21 this week, and have already registered their interest in the custodian.
Kameni rejected the overtures from Old Trafford, insisting he was more than happy to stay with Espanyol, but has now warned that those sentiments could change.
He has been affected by the continued abuse of visiting black players during home games at Espanyol's Estadio Olimpico de Montjuic, and has hinted it could drive him from the club.
"I have Espanyol encrusted in my heart," Kameni stated. "I feel as much an Espanyol fan as anyone, but I would be lying if I said that all this does not bother me.
"I feel very wanted here but I would like to say, without making any threats, that either these acts stop or my feelings will change."

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... nnel=Spain
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

MI5 wrote:He should do what like what Henry is doing in England and get all his teammates, African players in Spain and start their own anti racism initiatives in Spain or join hands with Henry and take this thing to another level.

This match they are playing for the Tsunami relief should also be used a platform to denounce racism. It's about time all this footballers speak up and take things into their own hands.
that is fifa's job though, eto'o job is to play football and score goals, all these that he is doing is just a bonus. I think fifa need to kick racism out of the game and not players. all players need to do is just to support fifa. This is 2005, players shouldn't really be taking this racist seriously, they are just losers.

Their goal is to make sure black players doesn't score, they did it back in the day, they don't like seeing black boxers knocking a white boy out. Eto is showing them that all thos racist chants doesn't affect him. He should score a hatrick next time so that he can really shut them off in style.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The press conference this monkey dancer is having now is the press conf his money asss should have had when spainish national team coach called Henry a black piece of shiet... did Eto do his favorite monkey dance then? No. His mokey asss turns a convenient blind eye to a sad situation by defending his racist master... I guess hoping that the racist folks in Spain would forget that he's black... that's what you call an uncle tom... now he's woken up and realized that this racism don't care about how much money you have or how many degrees you've picked up or how many international accolades you've garnered... Please spare me the 'Eto the racism fighter' speech. If he did not feel the sting of being called a monkey, he still would have been defending the racist folks in spain... perhaps he's learnt his lesson... it's good to see that he's woken up from his slumber: Welcome to reality! ... but calling him some sort of crusader against racisim is pure bullsmanure.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

No no no. You are looking it at it the other way and that is why the problems will continue if black players don't stand up and speak out now. There is so much FIFA and UEFA can do but the black players have to take it upon themselves to unite and fight this disease once and for all. You cannot continue to sit and look the other way all the time.

It's sad and unfortunate this is happening but the more they start creating an awareness among people you will see the support and unity they will get from all sectors. No exceptions. Kudos to Henry, Ferdinand and Nistelrooy for coming together to get this crusade going and the more people see them taking a stand against this the more support they will get. Kudos also to the English FA who is supporting this initiative they've started and it was nice to see the "STAND UP, SPEAK UP" badge when Arsenal and Man U played plus with billboards signs all over the stadiums displaying and flashing the message. Nice to see that.

This is something you have to continue to attack and speak about all the time knowing and letting those racists and bigots know for every move they make, others will be right on top of them. No escape.

I would like to see Henry's initiative used a lot more than just during league seasons. I would like to see this initiative used and promoted during the Confederations Cup coming up in Germany this summer. The U-20 coming up in Holland and U-17 coming up in Peru this year also. I would like this to be used as part of the ongoing promotions and advertisement for the world cup coming up next year in Germany. I would like to see a match to be played somewhere in Europe during the summer where all stars from all over the world are invited to play and participate in a match called "World unite against racism" futbol match. Banners similar to ones seen at premier league grounds in England should be displayed throughout all the stadiums worldwide especially in Europe.

The banners should also be displayed at all venues in Germany that will be used during the world cup. I would like to see a big banner that is displayed by both teams before a game kickoffs to get the world attention to this disease taking place right now. Just similar to the way FIFA promotes fair play all over the world, the same concept should be used to promote the fight against racism.

We must all fight against this.

mastermind wrote:
MI5 wrote:He should do what like what Henry is doing in England and get all his teammates, African players in Spain and start their own anti racism initiatives in Spain or join hands with Henry and take this thing to another level.

This match they are playing for the Tsunami relief should also be used a platform to denounce racism. It's about time all this footballers speak up and take things into their own hands.
that is fifa's job though, eto'o job is to play football and score goals, all these that he is doing is just a bonus. I think fifa need to kick racism out of the game and not players. all players need to do is just to support fifa. This is 2005, players shouldn't really be taking this racist seriously, they are just losers.

Their goal is to make sure black players doesn't score, they did it back in the day, they don't like seeing black boxers knocking a white boy out. Eto is showing them that all thos racist chants doesn't affect him. He should score a hatrick next time so that he can really shut them off in style.
Soldier of Fortune...
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

G4L,

This is not the AFOY thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
green4life wrote:The press conference this monkey dancer is having now is the press conf his money asss should have had when spainish national team coach called Henry a black piece of shiet... did Eto do his favorite monkey dance then? No. His mokey asss turns a convenient blind eye to a sad situation by defending his racist master... I guess hoping that the racist folks in Spain would forget that he's black... that's what you call an uncle tom... now he's woken up and realized that this racism don't care about how much money you have or how many degrees you've picked up or how many international accolades you've garnered... Please spare me the 'Eto the racism fighter' speech. If he did not feel the sting of being called a monkey, he still would have been defending the racist folks in spain... perhaps he's learnt his lesson... it's good to see that he's woken up from his slumber: Welcome to reality! ... but calling him some sort of crusader against racisim is pure bullsmanure.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Barca President says he is proud of Etoo, and agrees 100% with with is fight against racism.

http://www.diariosport.com/default.asp? ... 4&h=050216

"I subscribe to all the assertions of Etóo"

"His manifestations force us to reflect. Soccer serves to unite and as such it must be seen to be aligned with the coming together of races, ethnic groups and religions. A certain minority of people are trying to create a hostile atmosphere and that is a shame. I hope that measures are adopted to eradicate these behaviors"
He probably is referring to himself there???

"If it does not stop, in the end there will be a general acceptance of this shamefaced situation."

Blatter, Henry, Puyol, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos and Belletti also weighed in. Apparently Etoo had a little chat with Henry about that infamous incident. Wrong move there, Etoo....

While Etoo is supported by the rest of the Barca squad in the fight against racism, Belletti was particularly forthright in praising Etoo's efforts on the field and also against racism....

"Etóo feels it more than the rest. It would be a good solution that the club and the players speak with the fans. For example, Marco Senna did the same last season in Villarreal. It would be positive that the black players send messages to the socios"

"We are always thankful to him when he scores. As defenders, we just strive to keep a clean sheet, knowing that Etoo is capable of scoring at any moment. He gives us a lot of confidence."

http://www.diariosport.com/default.asp? ... 4&h=050216

Ronaldinho said, "I have never suffered such racism personally, but when Etoo suffers, I also suffer since we are teammates."

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050216 ... 43762.html
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

green4life wrote:The press conference this monkey dancer is having now is the press conf his money asss should have had when spainish national team coach called Henry a black piece of shiet... did Eto do his favorite monkey dance then? No. His mokey asss turns a convenient blind eye to a sad situation by defending his racist master... I guess hoping that the racist folks in Spain would forget that he's black... that's what you call an uncle tom... now he's woken up and realized that this racism don't care about how much money you have or how many degrees you've picked up or how many international accolades you've garnered... Please spare me the 'Eto the racism fighter' speech. If he did not feel the sting of being called a monkey, he still would have been defending the racist folks in spain... perhaps he's learnt his lesson... it's good to see that he's woken up from his slumber: Welcome to reality! ... but calling him some sort of crusader against racisim is pure bullsmanure.
Why do we pride in living in the past, assuming what you are saying is correct, isnt it noble that he is doing something NOW..let's look forward and not spend too much time questioning his motive, kai, we are so negative!!!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

It's about time everyone gets up and start addressing this issue. They can't continue to sit down and look the other way when it only affects other players. When the Henry saga started where was Eto'o, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho then? They all kept quiet until it started hitting home now. Time to speak up...
Soldier of Fortune...
humphrey ngando
Egg
Egg

Post by humphrey ngando »

As Bolton captain,Super Eagles captain and an influential black player in the EPL, JJ do something about racism.

Where have you been all this while?Others have started,just give them your support.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

With a legion of black footballers in Europe, how come only ONE is holding a press conference?
humphrey ngando
Egg
Egg

Post by humphrey ngando »

At least some other people appreciate the monkey dance.

Henry determined to tackle racism

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry has called for further efforts to be made to stamp out racism in football.

Thierry Henry: Determined to tackle the racists (NigelFrench/Empics)

The Frenchman, who is fronting a Nike campaign aimed at changing attitudes, supported the behaviour of Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, who performed his own monkey impression in front of abusive fans at the weekend.

The African Player of the Year hit back at Real Zaragoza fans by imitating their chants when he scored.

'The situation is a great shame, I saw what Eto'o did and he did well. It was a chance for people to reflect,' said Henry.

'People should realise that they can't behave like this. I would like to think that they could see through the colour of their skin. A stand needs to be made so that kids realise it's not the way to behave.'

Henry featured in the 'Football for Hope' match between a Ronaldinho XI and an Andriy Shevchenko XI at the Nou Camp in Barcelona to raise money for Asian tsunami relief work.

He admits the disaster has put football in its true context.

He said: 'It was incredible what the tsunami did, we really need to think about what is happening in the world. I was shocked, it goes without saying.

'People talk so much about football and build it up to a ridiculous level. It did affect me, it's affected the world it is something you couldn't imagine.

'I watched it on television and saw the waves. I was shocked and speechless watching people fight for their lives.

'I have always realised that football really is pretty irrelevant, I did not need this to make me realise this. This is all about a gesture.'
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Where was Eto'o when that useless Aragones called Henry names back then? It's now that they decided to mock him he decides to tackle the issue. Time for everyone to get on board... This is not an isolated incident anymore...

mcal wrote:With a legion of black footballers in Europe, how come only ONE is holding a press conference?
Soldier of Fortune...